Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers MKII (Read the OP First!) (Now with 100% more Rules!!!)

p2

Banned deucer.
i noticed tyrantrum is OU now after HA was released.
is recoil-less head smash really that strong and should it be used over any other rock move??
Tyrantrum isn't OU, but its viable in OU after it got Rock Head.

Head Smash is insanely strong, especially on CB sets. It should always be used over Stone Edge as they're the same accuracy but Head Smash has a massive power difference in comparison.

i noticed tyrantrum is OU now after HA was released.
is recoil-less head smash really that strong and should it be used over any other rock move??
For reference:

252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 279-328 (81.8 - 96.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 384-453 (112.6 - 132.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Yeah, it's strong.

Earthquake or Fire Blast for Outrage Mega Altaria?
Altaria doesn't really need a Dragon move at all, much less Outrage that does fairly little for you. Pixilate Return is much better super-effectively as well as having better neutral coverage due to not having an immunity. Generally speaking physically offensive Altaria runs EQ; however, Fire Blast hits Scizor, Skarmory, and Ferrothorn, so if you have a way to deal with those three, run EQ.

Well, I suppose Outrage may have some use in order to decisively beat Zard X and M-Venu?

Anyway, question. Is a mixed LO Garchomp set in the vein of DPPt's ChainChomp viable, and if so what kind of spread would it run?

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Well, I suppose Outrage may have some use in order to decisively beat Zard X and M-Venu?

Anyway, question. Is a mixed LO Garchomp set in the vein of DPPt's ChainChomp viable, and if so what kind of spread would it run?
Indeed it can. The analysis has one with the following set.

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock / Stone Edge

Me and ur mom I might as well elaborate on what AM said. Should hoopa warp the meta to the point where entire playstyles are unviable then it will be deemed that hoopa is overcentralising and thus would be banned. Bringing lando back would not help change that issue regardless so don't expect it to be back.

What exactly is laddering in the PS!? Is it just a ranking system? And if I lose battles there, I'll lose rating, right? What do low rankings do? Any real penalty to losing battles?

Unless you're participating in a tournament, there are no real penalties for losing battles.

Low ladder rank means that you will be matched up with other people with low ladder ranks.

Altaria doesn't really need a Dragon move at all, much less Outrage that does fairly little for you. Pixilate Return is much better super-effectively as well as having better neutral coverage due to not having an immunity. Generally speaking physically offensive Altaria runs EQ; however, Fire Blast hits Scizor, Skarmory, and Ferrothorn, so if you have a way to deal with those three, run EQ.
Outrage can 2HKO Offensive Mega venusaur and 1+ Outrage 2HKOs Defensive mega Venusaur
+1 outrage also destroys Tflame

What are some things to keep in mind if you're running a team that uses a mon that sets up Sandstorm like Tyranitar

What are some things to keep in mind if you're running a team that uses a mon that sets up Sandstorm like Tyranitar
  • Don't use mons like Cresselia or Mega Venusaur as their recovery move is halved.
  • Try to avoid using Tornadus T's hurricane in the sand as it has only 50% accuracy
  • Sand storm increase the special defense of all rock types on the field so the opponent's rock types might unexpectedly live a hit. For example sashed Alakazam fails to KO a healthy Aerrakion with psychic due to sandstorm's effect.
  • If your team is stall or bulky try to put leftovers on everything that's not a ground , rock or steel type since sand storm can wear down walls.
  • Sand storm can nab KO on mons with a sliver of health (e.g Talonflame after two stealth rock switchins).
hope these tips help

• Don't use mons like Cresselia or Mega Venusaur as their recovery move is halved.
  • Try to avoid using Tornadus T's hurricane in the sand as it has only 50% accuracy
  • Sand storm increase the special defense of all rock types on the field so the opponent's rock types might unexpectedly live a hit. For example sashed Alakazam fails to KO a healthy Aerrakion with psychic due to sandstorm's effect.
  • If your team is stall or bulky try to put leftovers on everything that's not a ground , rock or steel type since sand storm can wear down walls.
  • Sand storm can nab KO on mons with a sliver of health (e.g Talonflame after two stealth rock switchins).
hope these tips help
Thanks man, I'm actually building one of my first teams around Sandstorm so these really help.

Karxrida

Eventide
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Melic just make sure the people you ask have Team Rater Badges (the brown fist under their username) or frequent the RMT section. Don't ask random people that have a crap ton of posts (i.e. me) because they might not be good teambuilders.

hope these tips help
Mega Venusaur is actually paired with Tyranitar quite often because the latter provides a way to check Flying-types and can Pursuit trap Psychics which plague Mega Venusaur.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)