Resource ORAS Good Cores (Check Post #714)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'know, /calc is a wonderful command.
252+ Atk Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Hoopa: 235-277 (78 - 92%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Hoopa Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Mega Venusaur: 265-312 (72.8 - 85.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

So, you're right.
Bish doesn't OHKO with Sucker Punch <3

(p.s.) HUpa can also not run Hasty and run Timid instead, and have a full Special moveset. So, there goes ANY chance of an OHKO with Black Glasses, and Life Orb Bisharp... Lol I haven't seen that in months.

I have a feeling this core, or something similar to it, has been posted here already, but just in case it hasn't:

TRIPLE GROUND (Hippowdon + Mega Garchomp + Excadrill)
+
+

This core is for Sand Offense. It relies on Smooth Rock Hippowdon to set up a sandstorm which allows Sand Force M-Garchomp and Sand Rush Excadrill to tear holes through the opposing team. Another great thing about this core is that it comes with a Rapid Spinner in Excadrill and all three of these Pokémon can set up Stealth Rocks -- but Hippowdon should usually take this role to give M-Garchomp and Excadrill room for setup/support moves.

Hippowdon @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge / Whirlwind / Toxic

The standard EV spread from Smogon. It avoids the 2HKO from Thundurus' and Mega Manectric's Hidden Power Ice. Sand Stream activates sandstorm and a Smooth Rock is the chosen item to prolong it. Hippowdon is this core's rock setter. It has reliable recovery in Slack Off and Earthquake is there for STAB. Since Hippowdon is a Talonflame check, Stone Edge is there so that it can beat it. But two alternative options are Whirlwind, which stops setup sweepers and racks up Stealth Rock damage, or Toxic, which wears down the opponent even more with Sand Stream.

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

A M-Garchomp after a Swords Dance obliterates opponents. He also has the bulk to be able to set it up. Earthquake and Stone Edge receive a Sand Force boost, while Outrage is the other STAB move.

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

Sand Rush Excadrill completes this core. A Life Orb is chosen along with an Adamant Nature to maximize damage output (and Excadrill is very fast under sand anyway). Earthquake and Iron Head are its STAB moves, Rock Slide is there for coverage and I personally prefer using Excadrill as my spinner, but Swords Dance is an alternative option.

The two main things this core struggles against are burns and Ice Types. So make sure you carry some Ice resistances as well as Pokémon which can absorb burns. Some good teammates would be Pokes with the Guts ability (such as Conkeldurr) or Magic Guard users such as Clefable, which works brilliantly with this core as it can pass Wishes, use Heal Bell, and ignores sandstorm damage.

I hope you guys like this core!
Yo, this core is very nice and to see Mega Garchomp and all but I'll just add a few suggestions.
First off, triple Ground can be ridiculously hard because Water-types like Keldeo or even Rain offense can take this on singlehandedly, and given that most of them run Scald, they'll be hard to take down. With that maybe add a little mention that Water-types can be tricky. I advise to run maybe Tyranitar over Hippo, given that it can check the Lati twins that can outspeed and KO our MChomp. Then, mention that Skarmory is a huge pain for this team if MegaChomp hasn't gotten the Sand/SD boost in the ready. Also, Starmie and Keldeo can be good add-ons for two reasons, mainly beating able to beat common Ice-types. Again, good core and nice job.

Defensive core

Hippowdon + Mega Sableye + Ferrothorn

Highly successful core in semistall teams that is, hands down, the best of the best in the entire semistall archetype at the moment. Successful or the most solid semistall teams like the Honus/Tele semistall, Forbidden sun, the one made by me in early may, which Darkdevil used in wcop in july and various others that are seen from succesful players, relies into this core. This core is usually used to cover and help other teammates, mostly win conditions like Bulky SD Talonflame, Manaphy, Charizard-X, Volcarona, Suicune, Excadrill etc.. by using hazard pressure. As most viable mons into this type of semistall can be really pressured by hazards, Mega Sableye can fill a role of 'you shall not pass' in the team and keeps hazards away more easily than any spinner or defogger, in a way that he is not pressured himself by hazards. Some Mega Sableye checks or counters like Mega Diancie, non-flamethrower Clefable, DD Mega Charizard-X, Volcarona, Talonflame are handled by these teammates, while Mega Sableye provides also a return to status moves and checks some other threats of the two teammates, like Scizor, Mega Venusaur and Alakazam. However, it is necessary to be helped by other mons out of this core to cover threats like Charizard-Y, Mega Sableye, Keldeo, Heatran (which can be a problem for Sableye and Hippo due to burns), Belly drum azumarill etc.. And these viable teammates includes: the win conditions that i've said to you before, AV Tornadus-T (Usually with Hidden Power rock for Charizard-Y), Clefable, which is usually unaware and with heal bell, Latios and Starmie if you want to totally have no hazards in your field in case someone sets hazards while Sableye is not mega evolved. Iron head is the best move for ferrothorn in this case as it wins the PPwar against Clefable that would be lost with gyro ball. Classic Spreads for Hippo and Ferrothorn, while Mega Sableye with 96 SpD evs gets guaranteed 2HKO from timid Charizard-Y Fire Blast, so he can use Metal Burst to KO him or almost. 92 SpD also gets 2hko but it's more safe to run 96 (92 gives 99.6% while 96 gives 99%). If you use Foul Play then more Def evs are recommended, even 252/252+ is fine.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream / Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 116 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off
- Metal Burst / Foul Play
- Recover

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave

Yo, this core is very nice and to see Mega Garchomp and all but I'll just add a few suggestions.
First off, triple Ground can be ridiculously hard because Water-types like Keldeo or even Rain offense can take this on singlehandedly, and given that most of them run Scald, they'll be hard to take down. With that maybe add a little mention that Water-types can be tricky. I advise to run maybe Tyranitar over Hippo, given that it can check the Lati twins that can outspeed and KO our MChomp. Then, mention that Skarmory is a huge pain for this team if MegaChomp hasn't gotten the Sand/SD boost in the ready. Also, Starmie and Keldeo can be good add-ons for two reasons, mainly beating able to beat common Ice-types. Again, good core and nice job.
Yeah Keldeo would be an excellent partner. However, adding Tyranitar would only make this core weaker to Water types -- specifically Keldeo. Also, Hippowdon has reliable recovery and more longevity. But a Lati counter will definitely benefit this core. Thanks for the feedback!

Meh, good idea. Anyways, back on topic: Time for a new Balance Core! <3

LATIAS + MEGA SABLEYE + VICTINI
Honestly, I'm surprised this one wasn't already up here. Don't Sableye and Victini just look the CUTEST together? <3

LATIAS: Latias is for hazard removal, decent damage output with Draco Meteor and Psyshock, but most importantly: For her Healing Wish support. It can come in great handy for if Mega Sableye gets damaged and can't get a recover off, or if it gets burned, poisoned, etc. from a secondary effect. Same thing for Victini if it gets paralyzed, and other potential teammates.

MEGA SABLEYE: Here's gonna be your main source of defense, hazard blocking/reflection, and status, AKA Mega Sabaeleye (No, I didn't misspell that). For this core, I've decided to put the standard Utility set of Knock Off, Foul Play, Will-O-Wisp, and Recover. Knock Off for removing items and not necessarily damage, Foul Play for those very strong physical pokemon that come in, Will-O-Wisp to cripple physical attackers and for all around Chip Damage, and Recover for necessary recovery, as Mega Sabaeleye cannot hold Leftovers.

VICTINI: You may have noticed that, so far, this core gets destroyed by Fairy types. That's where Victini comes in. Jirachi could also work in this spot, but Victini has a very powerful nuking move in V-Create, doesn't get 2HKO'ed by Mega Gardevoir's Focus Blast if not running a SpDef set, and can actually be a potential sweeper. It also provides a nice check to Steel types not named Heatran.

THREATS TO THE CORE:

AZUMARILL: Azumarill fears nothing from Latias, meaning once it comes in, it can basically use you as Set Up fodder. It outspeeds Mega Sableye and OHKOs it with a Play Rough, and Victini can't switch in and takes a hefty chunk from Aqua Jet, though it can revenge kill with Bolt Strike.

CHOICE SCARF TYRANITAR: Scarf TTar can OHKO Latias and trap it, OHKO Victini if not heavily invested in HP and defense, and do a decent chunk to Mega Sableye on the switch in, though it hates being burned, and if running Brick Break on Victini, it can net the easy KO on it if Victini is scarf, or if TTar switches in.

RECOMMENDED TEAMMATES:

Checks to the previously mentioned mons like Azu and TTar are MUCH appreciated on this core, as well as a way to set up hazards.

As such, I would recommend teammates like Rotom W, Keldeo, Ferrothorn, Tangrowth for non BD Azu, Skarmory, Defensive Lando T, etc.
Weavile could also be a very nice teammate for this team, as it provides good speed, good attack and sweeping potential, a useful Ice and Dark STAB combination, and ability to beat common Dragons.

Sets:
Sableye @ Sablenite
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Victini @ Expert Belt / Leftovers
Ability: Victory Star
Jolly Nature
- Glaciate / Substitute
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Brick Break

Use Sub and Lefties together on Victini btw <3

Last edited:
So, I've been playing around with a physically defensive Ampharos, and came across this simple balanced core.

+

Ampharos (F) @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 220 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Def / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Roost

Basically, Scizor can switch into and beat a lot of things that threaten Mamphy, such as Lati@s, Clefable, Excadrill, Starmie, Weavile, Tyranitar, KyuB, Gardevoir, Jirachi, Alakazam, Malaria, M-Diancie, and Sylveon, and hitting Heatran on the switch, while Mamphy switches in and capitalizes on Fire-type moves aimed at Zor, with the exception of HP Fire variants of the above mons. They also synergize well into a VoltTurn core. A good partner for this core is Landorus-Therian, which gives a Ground immunity, sets up Rocks for the VoltTurn core to abuse, and joins in on the VoltTurn core itself.

EVs on Scizor are to give a Lefties number.

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Ctrl + f = No Gardevoir + Kyurem-B.........loool?

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast
- Taunt / Will-O-Wisp

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Roost
Pretty effective wall-breaker duo. These two have pretty limited switch ins by themselves and when put together it's sort of impossible for a slower team to counteract fully. Tbh I don't know what else to say other than the core itself suffers from contending with dragon dancers already set up like Charizard-X and faster offensive threats like Mega Lopunny. So something to handle those would be nice such as Choice Scarf Keldeo to revenge kill Lopunny and Weavile with Ttar + a water to help with Char-X. Heatran is a phenomenal partner for core as it counteracts Mega Scizor usage. Lots of variants can be used like Calm Mind Gardevoir, Wisp Gard, and HP fire Kyurem-B. Enjoy.

surpised this core hasent been posted.
(if it has im stupid)

Manectric-Mega+Crawdaunt Offensive Core

+

this is a really nice core otherwise known as doge+lobster which is a really fun offensive core becuase daunt is capable of putting massive holes in the opposing team with his stab+adaptibility attacks this helps mane becuase he cant hit very hard so daunt helps soften up these mons for him while also beating psychics and ground types for mane. Mane in return removes some water types for daunt but in all honestly even some water types take massive damage from him to begin with. These two also work well together because manes speed+daunts power works really nicely. overheat can be run over flamethrower but i prefer the latter because i dont want to be forced out as much. Sd daunt>dd daunt because dd is still really slow and sd allows you to plow through things much better then the dd set. Good teamates for this core would be somthing to remove hazards so this makes latios and latias as well as excadrill great teamates as they can spin/remove hazards while also having nice offensive synergy. daunt has trouble coming in while mane likes being paired up with somthing with u-turn so this makes landorus-T and scizor solid partners as lando can set rocks up while scizor can remove fairy types which this core can have some troubles with. Volcarona can make for a fun partner because mane can beat flying types for volc as well as water types and in return volcarona beats steels,bulky psychics and fairy types.

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

Dammit AM I was gonna post that core today with Volcarona ;-;

Meh, I'm back with my (at this point, daily) new core:

Mega Scizor + Keldeo + Kyurem-B

MEGA SCIZOR: Pretty standard here, I don't think I need to go too much into depth. I decided to use the Offensive Mega Scizor set for this one instead of the Bulky SD set, but almost any MScizor set could potentially work here. Set up a Swords Dance as soon as you can, and have fun from there on forth. Bullet Punch for standard priority and a strong option for punching holes in just about anything that doesn't resist it. Bug Bite for coverage and as a stronger move overall than Bullet Punch, and also useful for stealing a BD Azu's Sitrus Berry or something else on the switch in if they have a berry, though Superpower could also work in this slot to help with Steel Types. Knock Off is for utility and hitting pokemon that resist Mega Scizor's STAB options in Steel/Bug, or hitting other mons super effectively, such as Heatran, Gyarados, Jirachi, etc.

KELDEO: I chose Sub Calm Mind Keldeo for this core mainly because... It's a good set. It has it's two STAB options, Scald and Secret Sword, which has decent coverage, and setting up a Substitute on a switch is very nice for setting up a free Calm Mind afterwards, or a free hit. The main reason I decided to pick this set in particular is because of the prevalence of Heatran, who utterly walls Mega Scizor lacking Superpower, so Keldeo after setting up a Sub completely decimates Heatran, allowing it to use it as set up bait, and potentially sweep. It also does a decent job in checking Stall, though you want to look out for pokemon like Slowbro, Slowking, Celebi, and a few others that resist your STAB options.

KYUREM BLACK: Kyurem Black, in conjunction with Mega Scizor, works phenomenally well. Kyurem Black himself can be put on an Offensive team most of the time and do a great amount of work. Here, I have him to challenge Stall and break walls that both MScizor and Keldeo, (mainly MScizor) have trouble with, such as Skarmory packing whirlwind, Zapdos, and Electric types in general. I also decided to put Hidden Power Fire on KyuB instead of Outrage or Roost because of it's ability to lure in Scizor and Ferrothorn, mons which Mega Scizor cannot break or deal with easily.

THREATS TO THE CORE: Azumarill, Mega Venusaur (If using Superpower on MScizor), Mega Gardevoir, other Keldeo.

RECOMMENDED TEAMMATES: I'd recommend teammates such as Clefable, Alakazam, Jirachi, Gengar, Rotom-W, and Stallbreakers in general. Clefable can support it's team with Wishes and Heal Bells, since Burns and Paralysis severely cripple and annoy this core, Alakazam for faster sweeping and revenge killing presence, Jirachi for a reliable check to almost all fairy types, Gengar for it's coverage and ability to threaten stall, and Rotom-W for a very reliable Azumarill check.

Sets <3 (Note: The Defensive variant of Mega Scizor works just as well, so use either this or the defensive one)
Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost / Hidden Power [Fire]

Last edited:
Anyways, time for ANOTHER Balance core <3

Megallade + Clefable

Mega Gallade: Mega Gallade is a very good wallbreaker, contrary to popular belief. He even has sweeping potential, after he sets up a Swords Dance. The standard SD set of Close Combat, Zen Headbutt, and Knock Off is chosen. Ice Punch can be used to help alleviate Lando T and Gliscor, as well as other bulky flying or ground types who would otherwise give Mega Gallade a hard time.

Clefable: Clefable is chosen on this core mainly for it's ability to handle Mega Sableye very easily, resisting all it's moves and not caring about being burned, as well as being able to threaten it out with a Moonblast. It can also pass out Thunder Waves which makes sweeping and wallbreaking for Mega Gallade much easier, if facing a quicker team. Clefable itself can also be a great status absorber for burns and toxics, which Mega Gallade hates.

THREATS TO THIS CORE: Mega Sableye can pose a big issue if Clefable is taken out, so I suggest another check to it, like Heatran or another Special Set Up Sweeper, like Keldeo or Manaphy. Azumarill also gives you some big trouble, as it can use Clefable without any prior Calm Minds as set up bait, and then proceed to get a free Belly Drum off, so I recommend something like Rotom-Wash that can wall and cripple it, as well as do a fair amount of damage. Flying types can also be annoying, such as Talonflame and the like, as Clefable cannot switch into Talon, and Talonflame can OHKO Mega Gallade, so running a good check to it is important. So, again, something like Rotom-Wash.

Gallade (M) @ Galladite
Ability: Steadfast
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off / Ice Punch
- Swords Dance

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave / Flamethrower

Thanks guys, that's it for now! If you have any suggestions for my team building, or if you want me to build you a team/core, please let me know! ^-^

Last edited:

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Anyways, time for ANOTHER Balance core <3

Megallade + Clefable + Tyranitar

Mega Gallade: Mega Gallade is a very good wallbreaker, contrary to popular belief. He even has sweeping potential, after he sets up a Swords Dance. The standard SD set of Close Combat, Zen Headbutt, and Knock Off is chosen. Ice Punch can be used to help alleviate Lando T and Gliscor, as well as other bulky flying or ground types who would otherwise give Mega Gallade a hard time.

Clefable: Clefable is chosen on this core mainly for it's ability to handle Mega Sableye very easily, resisting all it's moves and not caring about being burned, as well as being able to threaten it out with a Moonblast. It can also pass out Thunder Waves which makes sweeping and wallbreaking for Mega Gallade much easier, if facing a quicker team. Clefable itself can also be a great status absorber for burns and toxics, which Mega Gallade and Tyranitar hate.

Tyranitar: Almost any Tyranitar set can work here, but I decided to go with the Bulky Support variant with some modified EVs. I calced the standard 80 EVs + a Relaxed nature, and it doesn't allow Bulky TTar to switch into Mega Charizard X normally. Here, look.

+1 252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 80+ Def Tyranitar: 204-240 (50.4 - 59.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

So, I decided to modify the set myself just so it can switch into and tank the hits from Mega Charizard X, guaranteed.
+1 252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 208+ Def Tyranitar: 181-214 (44.8 - 52.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

TTar, as you can probably guess, is meant to be your main Mega Charizard X check. It's also used for Gengar, who otherwise annoys this core to no degree, speed tying with Mega Gallade and forcing Clefable out. It can also trap the Lati twins without too much trouble.

THREATS TO THIS CORE: Mega Sableye can pose a big issue if Clefable is taken out, so I suggest another check to it, like Heatran or another Special Set Up Sweeper, like Keldeo or Manaphy. Azumarill also gives you some big trouble, as it can use Tyranitar and Clefable without any prior Calm Minds as set up bait, and then proceed to get a free Belly Drum off, so I recommend something like Rotom-Wash that can wall and cripple it, as well as do a fair amount of damage.

Gallade (M) @ Galladite
Ability: Steadfast
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave / Flamethrower

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 52 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam

Thanks guys, that's it for now! If you have any suggestions for my team building, or if you want me to build you a team/core, please let me know! ^-^
252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Dragon Claw vs. 248 HP / 80+ Def Tyranitar: 148-175 (36.7 - 43.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

The calc you showed doesn't mean 80+ Def Ttar can't switch in. It switches in on a DD and it isn't OHKO'd, while Stone Edge + Sandstorm is a high chance to KO.

0 Atk Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard X: 254-300 (85.5 - 101%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

We spoke a little bit on PS about some of your other cores but I think this core is lacking explanation. I was scratching my head at why we have a Tyranitar on this core at all. Clefable + Gallade I understood since Gallade can break steel & poison types for Clefable (though you failed to put it this clearly) who in return spreads paralysis, deals with Tank Chomp and is generally a decent switch-in to opposing special attackers like Thundurus. Ttar stacks a fairy weakness but admittedly does cover a flying one (which isn't mentioned). It's also important to note that Support Ttar is only really used on Sand teams and sees almost no usage outside of that. You probably should run a different set. If not, explain why this set a little better - Charizard X is not a major threat to the first 2 pokemon considering Clefable has T-Wave and Gallade's Close Combat does a lot so it isn't setting up. Furthermore ScarfTar is the only variant that actually checks Gengar outside of Chople Berry variants which don't really appreciate wisp. Also not seeing why this core needs pursuit support particularly since Gallade speed ties Latis and Clefable beats them already while bulky annoyers like Mew can't be taken down by such a defensive Ttar set.

Last edited:
Talonflame + Mega Gardevoir
+

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Bulk Up
- Taunt

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp

Talonflame and Mega Gardevoir forms a nice Offensive core as both Pokemon applies pressure on each other's checks; for instance, Talonflame pressures Bisharp, Mega Scizor and Skarmory while Mega Gardevoir deals huge amount of damage to Tank Chomp, Slowbro and Hippowdon. Excadrill is a nice teammate to revenge kill troublesome Pokemon such as Mega Charizard-X, Talonflame and Mega Diancie while also providing Rapid Spin support. It can also get rid of Heatran and Magnezone, which is annoying for the core.

Last edited:
252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Dragon Claw vs. 248 HP / 80+ Def Tyranitar: 148-175 (36.7 - 43.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

The calc you showed doesn't mean 80+ Def Ttar can't switch in. It switches in on a DD and it isn't OHKO'd, while Stone Edge + Sandstorm is a high chance to KO.

0 Atk Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard X: 254-300 (85.5 - 101%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

We spoke a little bit on PS about some of your other cores but I think this core is lacking explanation. I was scratching my head at why we have a Tyranitar on this core at all. Clefable + Gallade I understood since Gallade can break steel & poison types for Clefable (though you failed to put it this clearly) who in return spreads paralysis, deals with Tank Chomp and is generally a decent switch-in to opposing special attackers like Thundurus. Ttar stacks a fairy weakness but admittedly does cover a flying one (which isn't mentioned). It's also important to note that Support Ttar is only really used on Sand teams and sees almost no usage outside of that. You probably should run a different set. If not, explain why this set a little better - Charizard X is not a major threat to the first 2 pokemon considering Clefable has T-Wave and Gallade's Close Combat does a lot so it isn't setting up. Furthermore ScarfTar is the only variant that actually checks Gengar outside of Chople Berry variants which don't really appreciate wisp. Also not seeing why this core needs pursuit support particularly since Gallade speed ties Latis and Clefable beats them already while bulky annoyers like Mew can't be taken down by such a defensive Ttar set.
Thanks, as usual Bludz. I was just kinda tired when I posted this, and TTar seemed like such a good idea at the time simply because of it's ability to check most Flying types and the already mentioned mons. Will edit as you've stated. Oh, and very quickly, my calc was meant to show that the standard set can't switch in to a Dragon Claw, and then take another, when it stated that it could. But I'll remove TTar from the core, I agree with you now. I also didn't mention poison types as the only real common ones are Gengar and Mega Venusaur. But you're right there, Mega Gallade can somewhat handle Gengar, and definitely handle Venusaur. In the mean time, I'll try and think of a good third partner for this core. Thanks for the attention on my cores btw Bludz, it actually means quite a bit to know that my cores are actually being discussed n-n

Last edited:

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hoopa U+Lopunny
+

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
Hasty Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot
- Fire Punch
- Psychic/HP Ice

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Return
- High Jump Kick
These two Pokemon work very well together because they pretty much break each others' counters/checks. Mlop is walled by fat psychics, bulky mZor, bulky grounds, bulky fairies, chesnaught, venusaur, cofagrigus, and similar bulky mons, which are all destroyed by Hoopa-U. Hoopa U has trouble dealing with faster, offensive pokemon such as weavile, terrak, and gengar, and others which are all dealt with by mlop. These Pokemon can take down each others checks, but they have troubles with some common choice scarf users, Ultra fast mons, and Talonbird, so it would be nice if the team dealt with those.

Double Bunnies+Heatran
+
+
Azumarill (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Belly Drum

Diggersby (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Huge Power
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock
Diggersby and Azumarill are a couple of wall breakers that break each others' counters. Diggersby is a solid electric/poison/steel check and Azu is a good water/fighting/ghost (knock off) check. However, both of these mons share a weakness to strong grass types like Mvenu and Amoonguss, and that's where Heatran comes in, breaking pretty much every grass type in the tier (air balloon dodges loose epowers and hp grounds). This core puts huge pressure on defensive teams and can more than pull its weight vs offensive teams as well because of the double priority users threatening most mons on offense and the fact that these mons are bulky enough to take strong neutral hits and fire back with strong STAB moves. This core does have a problem with powerful poison types if they have fighting coverage, however. Gengar and Dragalge both pose huge threats to the core for this reason.

Another Hoopa-U core you ask? Ok!
Balance Core! Mega-Scizor and Hoopa-U

The Green Bastard (Scizor-Mega) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 SpD
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost

Antispiral (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Life Orb
EVs: 80 Atk / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Psychic
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch

Most people are aware that Hoopa-U, while very powerful, requires some amount of support to work. The best way to do this is with Volt-Turn. This gets Hoopa in with minimal damage and maximum chance to cause havoc! The most common partner for this is Mega-Manetric but are there other other options? In my opinion, yes. Enter Mega Scizor. Not only can this guy tank hits his slow Uturn gets Hoopa in as safely as any other. Scizor also lures in phyical walls, Heatran, Zapdos, and many others for Hoopa to beat. In return Scizor kills fast fairies like Diancie that Hoopa fears.

Weaknesses:
Repeated offensive assaults batter this core pretty good. Talonflame in particular hits this core hard with its duel stabs. Keldeo also resists anything Scizor can do and outspeeds and mangles Hoopa with Secret Sword.

Teammates:
Because this core struggles with repeated hits tankchomp is a great partner as it beats this core's biggest weakness, Talonflame. Also, while this core is great at wearing down teams and breaking walls it has trouble actually ending the game so a sweeper might be a good idea. Serperior is a great option for this as Hoopa beats Heatran for it while Serperior handles Keldeo. Latias also handles Keldeo while removing hazards that plague the core. Lastly, it doesn't hurt to have more Uturn guys for more switch in opportunities.

Last edited:

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams

This core struggled a lot back when Swords Dance Gliscor was a common way of dealing with Mega Sableye, but in this metagame where Hippowdon, Garchomp and Landorus-T are way more common, this core is as good as ever. The synergy is pretty obvious at some points; Mega Sableye deals with the ground types that threaten SD Gliscor while Toxicroak gets rid of slower fairy types like Azumarill, Clefable and Sylveon. Sableye switches in against the psychic types Toxicroak doesn't always want to sucker punch (think of Alakazam, Mew and Slowbro) while Toxicroak can check Keldeo, Clefable, a few Manaphy sets and Suicune. Even though Toxicroak doesn't offer too much defensive synergy, it is a great offensive partner due to its strong priority, poison type and water immunity.
The lack of Toxicroak's switchin opportunities gives this core some weaknesses to faster pokemon, especially Mega Gardevoir, Tornadus-T, Psychic Manaphy, SD Gliscor, Mega Altaria and fire types (Zard / TFlame / Fast Tran) gives Sableye + Toxicroak some issues. However, many of these weaknesses can easily be reduced by pokemon such as:
SpD
gives this core a good switchin to Charizard Y, Tornadus-T, Serperior, Mega Altaria and opposing Mega Sableye. With Taunt it stops SD Gliscor and Talonflame + Sableye can stop all hazards setters with the exception of Skill Swap Taunt Azelf. You kinda have to make the decision of beating Altaria (Wisp) Sableye (Bulk Up) or Clefable (Taunt) although they all have their uses outside of these 3 pokemon
AV
is a good secondary check to fairy types, but it is especially nice against the faster Gardevoir, Altaria and Diancie. It can also pursuit trap Lati@s, Tornadus-T and Alakazam. Ice Punch is a good way to weaken Tankchomp and Gliscor, although STABs + Priority + Pursuit is prefered. It doesn't really help against the fire + ground type weakness, but pokemon like the aforementioned Talonflame and PDef Gliscor (with Stealth Rock, Roost, Earhtquake, Stone Edge) can help here.

Sableye @ Sablenite
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Foul Play
Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

A Core for Sadists
Balance/Defensive Core

Wobbuffet (M) @ Sitrus Berry / Leftovers / Custap Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 52 HP / 232 Def / 224 SpD
Bold Nature
- Encore
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Safeguard / Tickle / Destiny Bond

Shedinja @ Focus Sash/Saftey Goggles
Ability: Wonder Guard
Adamant Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Baton Pass
- X-Scissor
- Shadow Sneak

So, I've been experimenting quite a bit lately, And I've noticed this core is absolutely evil. Secretly, I'm hoping it will take off because I've been enjoying it and want people to abuse it. The idea is simple, Shedinja forces switches thanks to its broken-on-any-other-pokemon ability of Wonder Guard. Because of this, more often than not, and in the right hands, the user will put themselves in a VERY advantageous position. The objective is force something out with Wonder Guard, Baton Pass into a Pokemon that deals with whatever the switch in may be. If it is an offensive Pokemon, you simply Baton Pass into Wobbuffet encore, and take it out, or if they get cheeky and use a set up move, Shedinja comes in and repeats the process while possibly burning them. Basically, what I'm saying is this can be a guaranteed Kill on a Pokemon that can be problematic, or can severely cripple a Pokemon. I've honestly felt like a bad person abusing these two. Wobbuffet is Satan as it is, Shedinja giving it free switch-ins to offensive Pokemon is absolutely absurd because it also means something dies. These two can guarantee specific Pokemon are gone with little to no effort, and that simply is amazing. Clearly, these two don't work alone, so don't think that this core is 6-0'ing teams or anything. This is just a core that I have been using quite successfully and can be EXTREMELY problematic for the opponent. Admittedly, it has forced a few rage induced quits on my opponents part but that just shows it's doing its job. This core greatly appreciates Hazard Removal for obvious reasons, and I've come to notice Mega Sableye thanks to Magic Bounce is also a much appreciated team member as it lures in many things Shedinja can force out, as well as keeps hazards off this side of the field. All in all, if you want to royally screw your opponent over while scoring kills easily, this is the way to do it.

A Core for Sadists
Balance/Defensive Core

Wobbuffet (M) @ Sitrus Berry / Leftovers / Custap Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 52 HP / 232 Def / 224 SpD
Bold Nature
- Encore
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Safeguard / Tickle / Destiny Bond

Shedinja @ Focus Sash/Saftey Goggles
Ability: Wonder Guard
Adamant Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Baton Pass
- X-Scissor
- Shadow Sneak

So, I've been experimenting quite a bit lately, And I've noticed this core is absolutely evil. Secretly, I'm hoping it will take off because I've been enjoying it and want people to abuse it. The idea is simple, Shedinja forces switches thanks to its broken-on-any-other-pokemon ability of Wonder Guard. Because of this, more often than not, and in the right hands, the user will put themselves in a VERY advantageous position. The objective is force something out with Wonder Guard, Baton Pass into a Pokemon that deals with whatever the switch in may be. If it is an offensive Pokemon, you simply Baton Pass into Wobbuffet encore, and take it out, or if they get cheeky and use a set up move, Shedinja comes in and repeats the process while possibly burning them. Basically, what I'm saying is this can be a guaranteed Kill on a Pokemon that can be problematic, or can severely cripple a Pokemon. I've honestly felt like a bad person abusing these two. Wobbuffet is Satan as it is, Shedinja giving it free switch-ins to offensive Pokemon is absolutely absurd because it also means something dies. These two can guarantee specific Pokemon are gone with little to no effort, and that simply is amazing. Clearly, these two don't work alone, so don't think that this core is 6-0'ing teams or anything. This is just a core that I have been using quite successfully and can be EXTREMELY problematic for the opponent. Admittedly, it has forced a few rage induced quits on my opponents part but that just shows it's doing its job. This core greatly appreciates Hazard Removal for obvious reasons, and I've come to notice Mega Sableye thanks to Magic Bounce is also a much appreciated team member as it lures in many things Shedinja can force out, as well as keeps hazards off this side of the field. All in all, if you want to royally screw your opponent over while scoring kills easily, this is the way to do it.
Can confirm that M-sab is a fantastic partner for Wob, you can play some awesome mind games with balanced mons that you can trap. Usually when you trap something like hippo or a clefable they will not hit you but instead use SR or a status move. You simply just switch out into Sab for the rebound and giggle at them. Then in the future they're messed up as they cant attack you for fear of counter/m-coat but they cant status you either because it gets reflected.

Pure genius my friend, great core :)

I got a core.
Charizard-y+garchomp+Klefki

+
+

Pretty simple core. What this is, is two very powerfull wallbreakers in chari-y and lo sd chomp which are capable of breaking fat team with extreme ease becuase of their massive attack/special attack. Somthing both of these mons like are hazard stacking in order to get crucial kills so chomp+klefki works really well. Klefki also has t-wave to cripple faster pokemon to make up for zard and chomps speed stat. (chomp runs adamant) Also chompers breaks past chansey for zard-y while zard beats stuff like quagsire,fairies and etc for chomp (not like lo sd does that already). With zard-ys powerful sun boosted fire stab and garchomps powerfull stabs not many slower/bulky teams can really handle them both. Somthing to watch out for however is thundy who can plow right past all three mons quite easily in fact electric types with bolt beam coverage can take this core on so thats a problem as they outspeed all memebers, immune to paralisis and hit most of this core for supereffective damage. Definetly want some form of hazard removal so starmie or one of the latis can fill this role. Tyranitar pairs really well with this core as he can pursuit trap for both chomp and charizard-Y. Some form of u-turn or volt-switch can work well with this core as you can get zard or chomp in with much more ease. bulky water types such as manaphy make for good teamates as manaphy can also wallbreak for both these mons(although its rather redundant). Finnaly Grass types such as serperior or celebi can make for solid partners as serperior gets rid of water and ground types while celebi can set of substitutes for either one of chomp or zard-Y.

Jaws the Musical (Garchomp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage / Dragon Claw
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Klefki (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Magnet Rise
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder Wave

Back with yet another core, and honestly, I'm surprised this one hasn't been posted yet. Here it is <3

Rhyperior + Mega Venusaur Balance Core

These two compliment each other so well, it's stupid. Mega Venusaur can provide great specially offensive pressure, and even set up Leech Seeds if it's the defensive variant. Most things that deal with Mega Venusaur, such as Talonflame, and flying types in general, are dealt with quite well by Rhyperior, who sports insane physical bulk, as well as a very high attack stat to force switches. It also provides some nice hazard setting in Stealth Rock for Mega Venu, which makes Talonflame and other Flying types not want to come into it often. Rhyperior absolutely despises Water, Grass, and Fighting types, things that Mega Venusaur couldn't care less about. The only big issue for this core is Alakazam, and burns. Tornadus-T can also be an issue if it's packing Grass Knot. So something to handle Alakazam, like Tyranitar, or almost any other Dark type that can trap it or outright kill it, is highly recommended. Kyurem B is also a giant threat to this core, so a check or two to it would be highly recommended. Clerics are also great for removing the nasty burns that both Rhyperior and Mega Venusaur hate, so Clefable would be really nice here as well. I would also recommend Starmie as a teammate, as it can remove hazards, and deal a nice amount of damage with it's STAB options and Ice Beam/Thunderbolt.

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

That's it for now, so if you have any recommendations for my teambuilding, please, let me know! I'm always open to constructive criticism if you have any. Bai~

Last edited:
Back with yet another core, and honestly, I'm surprised this one hasn't been posted yet. Here it is <3

Rhyperior + Mega Venusaur Balance Core

These two compliment each other so well, it's stupid. Mega Venusaur can provide great specially offensive pressure, and even set up Leech Seeds if it's the defensive variant. Most things that deal with Mega Venusaur, such as Talonflame, and flying types in general, are dealt with quite well by Rhyperior, who sports insane physical bulk, as well as a very high attack stat to force switches. It also provides some nice hazard setting in Stealth Rock for Mega Venu, which makes Talonflame and other Flying types not want to come into it often. Rhyperior absolutely despises Water, Grass, and Fighting types, things that Mega Venusaur couldn't care less about. The only big issue for this core is Alakazam, and burns. Tornadus-T can also be an issue if it's packing Grass Knot. So something to handle Alakazam, like Tyranitar, or almost any other Dark type that can trap it or outright kill it, is highly recommended, especially since TTar can handle Tornadus T well. Clerics are also great for removing the nasty burns that both Rhyperior and Mega Venusaur hate, so Clefable would be really nice here as well. I would also recommend Starmie as a teammate, as it can remove hazards, and deal a nice amount of damage with it's STAB options and Ice Beam/Thunderbolt.

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

That's it for now, so if you have any recommendations for my teambuilding, please, let me know! I'm always open to constructive criticism if you have any. Bai~
You're forgetting that Scarf Tyranitar is both outspeeded and easily annihilated by these two from their common fighting coverage, as their maximum speed is higher than 364, which is the maximum possible speed of a non-boosted tyranitar.

76 Atk Life Orb Tornadus-T Superpower vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tyranitar: 447-530 (131 - 155.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

216 SpA Life Orb Tornadus-T Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 395-468 (115.8 - 137.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

160 SpA Tornadus-T Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 292-344 (85.6 - 100.8%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Mega Alakazam Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 436-516 (127.8 - 151.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Life Orb Alakazam Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 468-556 (137.2 - 163%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Tyranitar Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tornadus-T: 160-190 (53.5 - 63.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage

0- Atk Tornadus-T Superpower vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tyranitar: 288-340 (84.4 - 99.7%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

In case Tornadus-t's user decides he wants to KO tyranitar at any cost, he can safely u-turn and survive even if tyranitar is doing pursuit (unless Tornadus-t is weakened, which is off topic), to ensure an ohko using the fighting coverage when he will re-enter the field.

With these two or every pokemon, Focus Blast miss or every kind of miss or critical hit does not count when you're using the Check-Counter argument.

Kyurem-B also destroys this core, so at least you need a check for him that has defensive synergy with these two. They're both walled by Cresselia, but to be honest i don't see cresselia as an actual viable slot. Unfortunately i don't like to say it, but Chansey is the only mon that can switch into both (unless Kyub has that crap Outrage or whatever) and that acts as Cleric. Eventually, you can split in two checks: Cleric unaware clefable and an Alakazam check that you want.

Last edited:
You're forgetting that Scarf Tyranitar is both outspeeded and easily annihilated by these two from their common fighting coverage, as their maximum speed is higher than 364, which is the maximum possible speed of a non-boosted tyranitar.

76 Atk Life Orb Tornadus-T Superpower vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tyranitar: 447-530 (131 - 155.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

216 SpA Life Orb Tornadus-T Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 395-468 (115.8 - 137.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

160 SpA Tornadus-T Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 292-344 (85.6 - 100.8%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Mega Alakazam Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 436-516 (127.8 - 151.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Life Orb Alakazam Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 468-556 (137.2 - 163%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Tyranitar Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tornadus-T: 160-190 (53.5 - 63.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage

0- Atk Tornadus-T Superpower vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tyranitar: 288-340 (84.4 - 99.7%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

In case Tornadus-t's user decides he wants to KO tyranitar at any cost, he can safely u-turn and survive even if tyranitar is doing pursuit (unless Tornadus-t is weakened, which is off topic), to ensure an ohko using the fighting coverage when he will re-enter the field.

With these two or every pokemon, Focus Blast miss or every kind of miss or critical hit does not count when you're using the Check-Counter argument.

Kyurem-B also destroys this core, so at least you need a check for him that has defensive synergy with these two. They're both walled by Cresselia, but to be honest i don't see cresselia as an actual viable slot. Unfortunately i don't like to say it, but Chansey is the only mon that can switch into both (unless Kyub has that crap Outrage or whatever) and that acts as Cleric. Eventually, you can split in two checks: Cleric unaware clefable and an Alakazam check that you want.
I appreciate the advice/help, and yeah, I will admit that I forgot all about Kyurem B. XD I'll edit the post and recommend a check for KyuB. Thanks for the catch!

Hoopa U+Lopunny
+

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot
- Fire Punch
- Psychic/HP Ice

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Return
- High Jump Kick
These two Pokemon work very well together because they pretty much break each others' counters/checks. Mlop is walled by fat psychics, bulky mZor, bulky grounds, bulky fairies, chesnaught, venusaur, cofagrigus, and similar bulky mons, which are all destroyed by Hoopa-U. Hoopa U has trouble dealing with faster, offensive pokemon such as weavile, terrak, and gengar, and others which are all dealt with by mlop. These Pokemon can take down each others checks, but they have troubles with some common choice scarf users, Ultra fast mons, and Talonbird, so it would be nice if the team dealt with those.
Already a posted core, sorry ;w;

Here is a pretty effective Defensive core that I have used on a few teams. I don't post often or play too competitively so please have mercy but I think I found a pretty nice core here.

Rotom-W + Clefable + Excadrill

+
+

At first glance, this seems like a very uncommon defensive core. However, the three actually function well together with a few exceptions (which I will go over later). On paper, this core resists 12/18 attack types as well as 4 immunities. This core is primary based on setting/removing hazards and crippling opponents. This core does have some inherent weaknesses such as Iron Head Kyurem, Mold Breaker Excadrill and Serperior. For EV spreads and sets, Clefable and Rotom-W have their standard defensive sets. You can opt for a Wish Pass Clefable as well if you already have a dedicated Stealth Rock setter on your team as it really helps the longevity of Excadrill and Rotom-W.

AV Excadrill is the only thing (slightly) innovative here. With the EV's below, Excadrill can take out many Flying and/or Electric types in the game by soaking up their coverage moves and hitting hard back with Earthquake and Rock Slide. Below are a few calcs showing how Excadrill can pave the way for Flying teammates such as Mega Pinsir, Talonflame or any Pokemon weak to Stealth Rock/Spikes.

- 252 SpA Mega Manectric Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 224 SpD Assault Vest Excadrill: 144-170 (39.8 - 47%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
- 252 SpA Mega Manectric Overheat vs. 0 HP / 224 SpD Assault Vest Excadrill: 208-246 (57.6 - 68.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
- 252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 224 SpD Assault Vest Excadrill: 234-278 (64.8 - 77%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
- 160 SpA Tornadus-T Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 224 SpD Assault Vest Excadrill: 154-182 (42.6 - 50.4%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO
- 252 SpA Choice Specs Raikou Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 224 SpD Assault Vest Excadrill: 85-101 (23.5 - 27.9%) -- 84.3% chance to 4HKO
- 0 SpA Rotom-W Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 224 SpD Assault Vest Excadrill: 176-210 (48.7 - 58.1%) -- 95.7% chance to 2HKO

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

Excadrill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)