Oraclemons

So I'm thinking we can bend the rule a bit to allow the moves to stack otherwise it would be less fun I'd say.

U-turn will happen two turns later. Might be an interesting strategy!

Solar Beam and its variants will just stick to normal because I don't know a workaround.

canno

formerly The Reptile
I feel like stall would be really broken here, you can't out-predict... Like, there isn't anything that'll catch me off guard. Like, I can have a ghost, steel and normal typed pokemon on my team, and Gengar with ghost, fighting and poison coverage will never be able to touch any of my pokemon. I don't know how to counter-act this.
Run Dark Pulse to hit all 3 neutrally :^)

But yeah Stall looks crazy good in this meta - they already tend to run phazing moves, which fits really well in this meta due to all the Substitute spam. One Pokemon in particular that looks broken is Mega Sableye, as it can basically Sub and be unphazed by anything. Meanwhile it can recover and wisp the opponents down, maybe toss in some oracle Koffs or something idk. Crazy mon

So I'm thinking we can bend the rule a bit to allow the moves to stack otherwise it would be less fun I'd say.

U-turn will happen two turns later. Might be an interesting strategy!

Solar Beam and its variants will just stick to normal because I don't know a workaround.
Different moves stack, you mean? Same moves stacking could be a coding nightmare. Different moves stacking is not a problem.

For two turn moves they can work like this, turn 1: absorbed the sun, turn 2: foresaw the attack, turn 4: it attacks.

I had that idea originally but TI wants it this way. The Immortal thoughts?
see above

edit: n-no

Last edited:
Different moves stack, you mean? Same moves stacking could be a coding nightmare. Different moves stacking is not a problem.

For two turn moves they can work like this, turn 1: absorbed the sun, turn 2: foresaw the attack, turn 4: it attacks.

see above
I do mean different moves stacking, yes.

But I meant the guy above was wondering if we could change it to just the first move slot having the effect was what I meant

If diff moves didn't stack the meta would become sub/nature power/taunt/filler. Florges gets misty terrain but you can't run a 4th move without being taunt bait so fast taunts will be basically gg.
Welp, Mew gets Magic Coat, Taunt, Me First, and Nature power. That could work.

Last edited:
Gliscor will prove to be a great stall mon in this with Sub + Protect and Toxic + Posion Heal. Partially trapping and damaging moves will also put in work like Magma Storm/Whirlpool.

Status moves such as Burn/Toxic will get popular as turn one nothing happens unless you status the opponent to take chip damage every turn.

Saying this, Magic Bounce pokemon like Espeon will get more popular risking the above strategy

-TenucSkenuck

Gliscor will prove to be a great stall mon in this with Sub + Protect and Toxic + Posion Heal. Partially trapping and damaging moves will also put in work like Magma Storm/Whirlpool.

Status moves such as Burn/Toxic will get popular as turn one nothing happens unless you status the opponent to take chip damage every turn.

Saying this, Magic Bounce pokemon like Espeon will get more popular risking the above strategy

-TenucSkenuck
I would rather use whirlperish lap

huh? whirpool traps you for 4 turns and Perish takes 3 turns to get activated so your opponent's pokemon won't freed which means that pokemon has to die + you may rest chesto at second last turn and then switch

Puzzled as to why the OP claims Doom Desire introduced a new mechanic. Future Sight is a Gen II move, Doom Desire a Gen III move.

This seems like a very odd meta. Prediction is largely out the window, but not actually completely. If I put out Shadow Ball, stall can switch in Chansey two turns later, but I can use a trapping move in prediction of it or similar. Stall also struggles in certain key ways -Chansey can't just spam Seismic Toss to wear down threats, and many Chansey don't have any other aggressive moves, meaning Chansey can no longer pressure... a lot of set-up 'mons. Hold Leftovers, put up a Substitute. It takes three turns for Chansey to break your Substitute, and you heal 3/4ths of the cost of the Substitute in that time, even if you lack recovery moves.

There's going to be a lot of playing the long game. Makes me think of Chess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)