Opeth.

~Opeth~
Hey what's up smogon ! Since Landorus is now out of OU, I think it's the right time to retire that team, i don't think the ladder is really viable so i'm not gonna screen a "peaked 1st" because it's worthless imo huh. It's a balanced sand team, at first, I tried to make a custap-skarm offensive team, but imo this style is just dumb lol..so changes after changes the team became more defensive and even tho i'm a fan of very aggressive play, the team is very fun for me to play. This RMT is based around an awesome band called Opeth and trust me, those guys are worth listening !​
There is a dream I am living
There is a life I'm dreaming of
There is a death I'm awaiting
There is a home I am deserting
Master's Apprentices (Tyranitar)@ Expert Belt​
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Atk / 156 SAtk / 80 SDef / 12 Spd
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Crunch
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Superpower

Tyranitar starts-off the team by being my weather inducer, my main lead against suns team, I choosed the mixed over the CB one because this set is very underrated and can be very deadly against slow teams, my team needed a way to tank repeated attacks but also stallbreaking, MixTtar was a great choice for that.
The ev spread and the expert belt gives Tyranitar the power to kill Landorus-T with Ice beam, and doing a lot of damage to Skarmory, Forretress, and Ferrthorn (clean OHKO on Ferrothorn with Fire blast !). The Hp / Special defense evs helps tanking hits from Ti@s without dying. Tyranitar can also wreck a lot of his checks like Scizor, Terrakion, Garchomp and Lucario on the switch. Crunch is used over pursuit, this set is too bulky to trapp effectively, but Crunch is still an OHKO on offensive Starmie and Latios.

Any changes ? : No, Tyranitar is really important for the team, I can't replace it.

And now the woods are burning
Tearing life-crops asunder
Useless blackened remains
Still pyre smoldering

Harlequin Forest (Ferrothorn)@ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Spikes

Ferrothorn, the obivous steel, and the first member of my "fuk weather" core. He also my entry hazards user, a very important thing for my team, keeping the switching momentum on my side against offensive teams and blocking them from spinning with Jellicent.
This spread is very physically oriented, because Tyranitar can handle Lati@s and Jellicent can absorb a ton of water attacks, and I rather tank things like CBnite / Chomp / Kyurem-B.

Any changes ? : Rocky helmet is kinda fun

The incoherent talk of ordinary days
Why would we really need to live?
Decide what is clear and what's within a haze
What you should take and what to give

Ghost of Perdition (Jellicent)@ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def/ 44 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Recover
- Taunt
- Scald
- Toxic

Second part of my anti-weather core, only viable spinnblocker in OU, (gengar is terrible, and i'm not even gonna mention golurk) and a great way to wall rain with Ferrothorn. Moves and spread are more than classic, I tried the calm version but he just sucks, you can't wall Ti@s anyway, and now you don't even check a Jolly Terrakion without SD and Life orb smh. StatuStalling is just awesome, you can take down defensive Starmie, Volcarona without giga-drain, Ferrothorn, Skarmory, Blissey...without fearing NOTHING. WoW or Toxic is a hard question to answer, Toxic is doing more and more damage and Scald got a good 30% chance to burn, so Will-o-wisp wasn't really useful.

Any changes ? : Now that Landorus-T and Ferrothorn are tanking a lot of physical damages, I can afford to play the calm one, but for me Jellicent is better in bold, calm is kinda pointless.
You keep the dagger close at hand.
And you saw nothing.
False love turned to pure hate.
The wind cried a lamentation

Demon of the fall (Heatran)@ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 112 HP / 160 SAtk / 236 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Lava Plume

ScarfTran is the last member of the core, the Sunkiller, do you know how awesome it feels to see your opponent laughing cause he trapped you with dugtrio, and you just outspeed and wreck him with no mercy? Because I do, and it feels great. Ojama made that set and it's really fun to play. The spread is a little bit bulky because Heatran can't tank repeated hits and I don't really want him to die early, the speed is enough to outspeed Dugtrio and Alazakam, and with 160 in Special Attack, you'll kill Ferrothorn under the rain with fire blast no matter what.
Lava Plumeis a filler-ish move that is kinda useful in lategame, i don't really like betting my battle on a miss, and vs Rain grabbing a burn is sometimes useful. you can use a ton of moves like Toxic, Dark Pulse, Flash Cannon, Overheat, even Sleep talk because fcuk venusaur's powder, I use WoW personally because when i'm really being destroyed a pokemon like CB Kyurem-B, I like to have a desperate trick in my bag to save me.

Any changes ? : The filler move is the only move i'd change.
This path seems endless, body is numb.
The soul has lost its flame.
Walking in familiar traces
to find my way back home.

When (Landorus-T) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 144 Def / 112 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

The Therian form is replacing the normal Landorus, and he is just a great pivot. Stealth Rock is helping Ferrothorn to have Leech seed and tank better, and Landorus-T can set them up really easily. With his strong attack, he can still do nice damages with no evs, which is always nice. I choosed the Jolly version because Toxicroak is really annoying for my team. Hidden power Ice may seems a bit weird with a Jolly nature, but it's still a 2HKO on Techniloom / BulkyChomp, and it's always a nice thing to have (especially Techniloom, who otherwise destroys me badly).

Any changes ? : Garchomp SR+ Fire blast / Dragon tail could be kinda nice to try because he can Wallbreak kinda nicely.

And conceded pain in crumbling mirth
A harlot of God upon the earth
Found where she sacrificed her ways
That hollow love in her face

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Roost
- Dragon Pulse

Latias is just great, and he can be named as the 4th member of my anti-weather core, absolutely ravaging sun teams. I tried the bold version, but I rather have enough speed to face Hp ghost keldeo or scaring a non-scarf Garchomp for a free sub. Latios is greatly helped by the entry hazards and the ability of
Any changes ? : I tried SpecsLatias, and it's actually pretty good, but being trapped still sucks. LO Bulky Tias is not powerful enough to compensate the lack of lategame potentiel, i tried using CM Latios and it's surprisingly fun.​
Import:
Tyranitar (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Atk / 156 SAtk / 80 SDef / 12 Spd
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Crunch
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Superpower

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Spikes

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Recover
- Taunt
- Scald
- Toxic

Landorus-T (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 144 Def / 112 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power Ice
- Stealth Rock

Heatran (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 112 HP / 160 SAtk / 236 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Roost
- Dragon Pulse
Opeth songs :​
Master's Apprentices :​
Harlequin Forest :​
Ghost of Perdition :​
Demon of the Fall :​
When :​
Face Of Melinda :​

Ironically the biggest threat to your team is Modest Rock Polish Landorus... it lives Scald if it has enough HP and kills the rest of your team, as long as Focus Blast hits Ferrothorn. Thus, I'd make 2 changes to your team... (if you could still use it). Replace Latios with Latias, this way you can live Hp Ice from Landorus, it also has more Bulk which is nice with your already bulky team. I'd use this set.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Roost

The lack of power will be noticeable, but it's essential to not get destroyed by Landorus. The next thing I'd do is just replace your filler move on Heatran to Flamethrower... This way when you have the game won, Fire Blast doesn't miss and screw you over.

Ironically the biggest threat to your team is Modest Rock Polish Landorus... it lives Scald if it has enough HP and kills the rest of your team, as long as Focus Blast hits Ferrothorn. Thus, I'd make 2 changes to your team... (if you could still use it). Replace Latios with Latias, this way you can live Hp Ice from Landorus, it also has more Bulk which is nice with your already bulky team. I'd use this set.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Roost

The lack of power will be noticeable, but it's essential to not get destroyed by Landorus. The next thing I'd do is just replace your filler move on Heatran to Flamethrower... This way when you have the game won, Fire Blast doesn't miss and screw you over.
Landorus-I is banned.

Yeah the team doesn't really need any replacement, or you can try to change Landorus, since he is what cost me to throw the team away.

If i use Latias, i'd rather use the 112 hp / 144 spA / 252 Speed one, the LO 252 / 252 is worthless, i'd rather play the choice specs.

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
cool team

One thing that is very threatening to that team is Agility 3 Attacks Thundurus-T. It needs very little residual damage to be able to ohko your whole team and it will outspeed everything at +2. In fact, your best chance is living the HP Ice with Latios and then OHKO it with Draco Meteor, but since HP Ice only needs SR + Sandstorm to OHKO, that's not a very reliable check. Another thing that sounds pretty dangerous is Trick Room Reuniclus, and at a lesser extent Focus Sash Alakazam. With their coverage, they can hit everything for big damage and Reuniclus is able to "outspeed" everything but Ferrothorn in Trick Room. Alakazam is slower than Heatran, but still whenever it gets in it has an opportunity of causing huge damage. One quick fix to these issues would be running a Chople Berry on Tyranitar instead of your current Expert Belt. It still bluffs a Choice Item which is pretty nice, but means that Tyranitar will live through the previously mentioned threats' Focus Blasts, allowing you to check them. While you lose the guarenteed OHKO on Landorus-T with Ice Beam, you can just bump the Special Attack EVs to 188 which also guarentees a OHKO, even with Chople Berry.

To be fair I think you should drop Psyshock on Latios, for either Dragon Pulse or Hidden Power Fire. Psyshock isn't really useful as the only real thing it hits that Draco Meteor can't are Chansey and Blissey which are ruined by Trick anyway. Psyshock makes it real easy to trap Latios for something like Tyranitar, Scizor or Weavile and you don't want that. Dragon Pulse is a nice option since it turns Latios in a fearsome late game cleaner thanks to its base 110 Speed and good coverage. HP Fire gives you a bigger hit on Ferrothorn, Jirachi and Scizor but also makes you easier to trap for Tyranitar, so yea...

If you're looking for a replacement for Landorus, you could probably try something like SR 3 Attacks Garchomp. It does a similar job as Landorus but it also allows your to pick another move on Ferrothorn instead of SR, which is cool considering Ferro's lifespan might be short with your current EVs and without Leech Seed. It still brings the offensive pressure that Lando had, but without U-turn, so that's yours to decide.

good luck!

At +1, Hp ghost CMKeldeo can 2hko Jellicent from what i recall, i need psychic for him and the very underrated virizion, they are truly dangerous for the team, i think i'm gonna run a Latias with a bulkier spread and Psyshock to deal with those problems.

Yeah, Thundurus is kinda stupid, that's why i'm running, the double boost one is easier to deal with, but that's why. Chople berry sound like a really good idea, but i will need to put stone edge on maybe superpower, ice beam is clearly not a OHKO even after SR on thundurus, superpower is nice to catch a Terrakion but i can live with that, thanks for the spread btw.

3 attacks chomp is a nice idea, i thinks HnC already told me to play it, and it could be kinda nice actually, gonna try that and Tyranitar, thanks !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)