Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope the Battle Frontier comes back, but I'm not so confident. I mean, I didn't follow Platinum's release so I don't know how early they announced it for that game, specially considering its post-game only, but I still have this feeling that we should have already heard of it. Also, it seems that the Contest Halls will be present instead of the Battle Tents.

They most probably would. Most of their original designs were quite cool, like Factory Head Noland and Pike Queen Lucy, but...
Tucker was foreshadowing the fairy type

I really hope the Battle Frontier comes back, but I'm not so confident. I mean, I didn't follow Platinum's release so I don't know how early they announced it for that game, specially considering its post-game only, but I still have this feeling that we should have already heard of it. Also, it seems that the Contest Halls will be present instead of the Battle Tents.

They most probably would. Most of their original designs were quite cool, like Factory Head Noland and Pike Queen Lucy, but...
The contest halls were present in Ruby and Sapphire, but the Battle Tents in Emerald only gave you a taste of how the Battle Factory, Arena, and Palace functioned. I wouldn't take the tents' absence as a sign that the Battle Frontier isn't returning, and it might still get a blurb in the September, October, or November issues of CoroCoro. And even if not, it might still be there just not covered. It may be just wishful thinking, but I'd prefer hard evidence to crush this than to dismiss it before it's even confirmed one way or another.

HGSS had access to a Battle Frontier, granted it was after it was released in Platinum, but it was there when it wasn't in GSC. So there is a precedent set that they're more than willing to add content that didn't exist in the original games. It could be hidden in one of the cloud covered areas indicated on the map.

The in-game location for it in Emerald is covered by the clouds, so it is likely to return. That and it would be sinful for it not to return cause this will be the first Frontier since we've gotten infinite TMs and I want to just get all the Symbols (unlike the Prints in SoulSilver, or which I've only ever have received one).

An island covered by battle facilities with different themes, and was invite-only for the best trainers in the land. Platinum's BF was horrible in comparison.
I fuckin hated the battle palace! The one frontier symbol i could never get. That place needs to get hyper beamed to dust with salt sprayed over the ashes!
On an unrelated note, what will happen with floette-e? Will we see more pokemon like it? The feature adds a new depth to pokemon...

I feel like the Emerald battle frontier was also the most creative. An island covered by battle facilities with different themes, and was invite-only for the best trainers in the land. Platinum's BF was horrible in comparison.
I agree. The facilities were just more interesting (even more frustrating to me since I don't own Emerald!).

I agree. The facilities were just more interesting (even more frustrating to me since I don't own Emerald!).
Didn't have Emerald as well. I played the ROM, but never get to really know the Frontier. Moreover, I had a Sapphire with every single available base filled, so I used my time to get to know everybody and their teams.

Talking of which, even if we don't get the Battle Frontier, RS still had the Battle Tower in the aftergame, so we'll definitely be getting that.
And then moreover it'd be stupid to just give us the Battle Tower. Battle Frontier's gonna happen

Winry

Super Graduate-Level Napper
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If I recall correctly, the Battle Frontier island is located where the clouds are in the RSE map. The cloud-covered map reminds me of the maps in Mystery Dungeon which uncovered themselves when you got further in the game. They probably just want to keep it a "surprise" until you beat the Elite Four.

Im new to this thread so sorry if this has been answered already but does anyone know if the TMs in ORAS are gonna be the same as the TMs in the original RSE? Such as will Focus Punch be a TM again as it was in RSE?

Im new to this thread so sorry if this has been answered already but does anyone know if the TMs in ORAS are gonna be the same as the TMs in the original RSE? Such as will Focus Punch be a TM again as it was in RSE?
I highly doubt they'll change the TM list mid-gen. Instead, I'm suspecting old TM moves like Focus Punch and Giga Drain to be tutored by NPCs in place of where you got said TMs. For instance, the girl who gave you the Giga Drain TM south of Mt. Pyre would now tutor it to your Pokémon, like they did in FRLG and to an extent with Headbutt in HGSS. That's just how I see it. In addition, it seems Norman now gives out Retaliate instead of Facade, so that's a pretty big indicator the TM List is the same as XY's. If they wanted these old TMs back, they would have put them in XY's TM list.

I highly doubt they'll change the TM list mid-gen. Instead, I'm suspecting old TM moves like Focus Punch and Giga Drain to be tutored by NPCs in place of where you got said TMs. For instance, the girl who gave you the Giga Drain TM south of Mt. Pyre would now tutor it to your Pokémon, like they did in FRLG and to an extent with Headbutt in HGSS. That's just how I see it. In addition, it seems Norman now gives out Retaliate instead of Facade, so that's a pretty big indicator the TM List is the same as XY's. If they wanted these old TMs back, they would have put them in XY's TM list.
What also should be interesting is how they handle the Rock Smash roadblocks, making sure you can't get past those points until after earning the Dynamo Badge now that Rock Smash is back to being a TM.
These two things butt heads a little bit. Have TM lists ever changed mid gen? I don't think thay have but I might not know. Either way HM lists definitely have, and I would find it really likely that Rock Smash will become an HM again for ORAS because of Dective Barricade's concern. But moves have never been both an HM and a TM before. So perhaps just TM 94 will be different in ORAS. Something Traditional is going to have to give.

These two things butt heads a little bit. Have TM lists ever changed mid gen? I don't think thay have but I might not know. Either way HM lists definitely have, and I would find it really likely that Rock Smash will become an HM again for ORAS because of Dective Barricade's concern. But moves have never been both an HM and a TM before. So perhaps just TM 94 will be different in ORAS. Something Traditional is going to have to give.
Or... you know, you get Rock Smash from an NPC after beating Wattson. Or it isn't Rock Smash you need for this anymore. There's a thousand ways around this; why do the TM lists have to be changed?
Also, TM lists have never been changed mid-gen. The only difference there's ever been is that Dive isn't an HM in FRLG, and DPPt's Defog HM was replaced by the Whirlpool HM in HGSS.

Mega Altaria looks like a giant Whimsicott, but Pixilate should be pretty nice on it considering the amount of sheer power it brings to the table. Dragon/Fairy is amazing, and something I've been looking forward to forever. Mega Lopunny, I'm not so sure what they were going for... Normal/Fighting is an interesting typing. Scrappy seems really gimmicky, but I guess its STABs have no immunities...? I also don't really like the design, but maybe it'll be another Mawile and become a god.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)