Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. It still confirms that new abilities will be released and implemented then, no? Nobody has found any abilities for Kyogre and Groudon through data mining X and Y, to my knowledge.
I'm guessing that Kyogre and Groudon will get a "super" version of their abilities that either brings back perma weather or extends its duration. Or possibly something that grants similar effects but only applies to them.

I do hope that the Gym Rematch system is included in ORAS, it was one of the most exciting parts of Emerald, and on top of that, it really fleshed out the characters of the Gym Leaders, something that, in my opinion, X & Y really failed at.
I'm guessing that Kyogre and Groudon will get a "super" version of their abilities that either brings back perma weather or extends its duration. Or possibly something that grants similar effects but only applies to them.
I don't think that it will receive a perma weather boost, but at the same time, I can see why it's possible, because if normal Groudon has Drought that lasts for a set time, then Primal Groudon would have to rely on that time period if it's ability strayed from a weather setting ability. But at the same time, if it received Drought again, then that would be incredibly redundant. It is likely that their abilities will change and get a sweet upgrade, and it's also heavily implied that they could be new signature abilities, being that they are "powers hidden within", but at this point in the game it's just too soon for any serious conclusions.

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
I do hope that the Gym Rematch system is included in ORAS, it was one of the most exciting parts of Emerald, and on top of that, it really fleshed out the characters of the Gym Leaders, something that, in my opinion, X & Y really failed at.

I don't think that it will receive a perma weather boost, but at the same time, I can see why it's possible, because if normal Groudon has Drought that lasts for a set time, then Primal Groudon would have to rely on that time period if it's ability strayed from a weather setting ability. But at the same time, if it received Drought again, then that would be incredibly redundant. It is likely that their abilities will change and get a sweet upgrade, and it's also heavily implied that they could be new signature abilities, being that they are "powers hidden within", but at this point in the game it's just too soon for any serious conclusions.
I liked how in BW, before you fought a gym leader there was always some part of backstory or sidequest with them. And I liked how they came together at the ends of both games to unite against the enemy.

The XY gym leaders really had no backstory, they were just kinda there.

I liked how in BW, before you fought a gym leader there was always some part of backstory or sidequest with them. And I liked how they came together at the ends of both games to unite against the enemy.

The XY gym leaders really had no backstory, they were just kinda there.
Yeah, to be honest... the gym matches really bored me.
Valerie was great though. Loved Valerie.

woahwoahwoah something i just realized from lockiegengar12's signature. So in the cave paintings, it shows Primal Groudon/Kyogre and a triangle shaped meteor of sorts. The Eon twins both have triangles on their chests.

In all seriousness, ORAS could really redeem the poor job that X & Y did on integrating the Gym Leaders into the story, making them more 3 dimensional characters rather than "just the gym leader" aka "just a tougher trainer"

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
woahwoahwoah something i just realized from lockiegengar12's signature. So in the cave paintings, it shows Primal Groudon/Kyogre and a triangle shaped meteor of sorts. The Eon twins both have triangles on their chests.

In all seriousness, ORAS could really redeem the poor job that X & Y did on integrating the Gym Leaders into the story, making them more 3 dimensional characters rather than "just the gym leader" aka "just a tougher trainer"
This is a much more likely scenario. Almost every recent game features meteors that can be used to change Deoxys' forms.

I really really support more complex backstories to gym leaders, especially when the Exp. Share just made XY Gym Leaders way too easy. Speaking of which, do you think that they'll alter the Exp. Share somehow? I really like how it eliminates grinding, but it makes the game far too easy. Perhaps they'll buff the Gym Leaders considerably.

Ok that does make a bit more sense, because if the Eon twins were to play that role in ORAS, their megas probably wouldn't be programmed into X & Y.
Still though, if it end up being Deoxys, then I wonder what kind of role it will play, considering it is an event legendary. It also could be the Delta symbol for Rayquaza, but that has been discussed already.

do you think that they'll alter the Exp. Share somehow?
I think it's possible, but there's the issue of it being removed from being a key item to being a regular item. Nowhere in X & Y's code does it allow for a non-key item EXP share, so that might cause some data issues, but at the same time, there's also no data for the new mega stones either, so it's a secret to everyone. I also think it's possible because Game Freak intentionally made X & Y a bit easier to play to try and get the younger generation into it, and considering this is a remake and most of the fans of it are veterans, they may just make that change happen somehow.

I really really support more complex backstories to gym leaders, especially when the Exp. Share just made XY Gym Leaders way too easy. Speaking of which, do you think that they'll alter the Exp. Share somehow? I really like how it eliminates grinding, but it makes the game far too easy. Perhaps they'll buff the Gym Leaders considerably.
Really all the change I think is necessary for the item is to make it off by default whenever the game starts, regardless of whether you had it turned on when you last saved. Want to bulldoze the story mode? You gotta remember to turn it back on whenever you continue.

I disagree with that because it caters the game towards people who use Exp. Share; almost requiring you to use it and overlevel. I think it's fine as it is - just have it off if you want a normal playthrough, turn it on for plowing. But I think it should be off when you get it.

I think it's fine as it is - just have it off if you want a normal playthrough, turn it on for plowing. But I think it should be off when you get it.
The game is actually a lot harder when it's turned off; keep in mind that Diantha's Mega Gardevoir is level 68, the highest of any champion yet (besides Alder, but considering he's the champ the 2nd time around, that doesn't count.)

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
There's a little something about that triangle too... it could be Rayquaza. FRLG's Dex entry said that "Its flying form looks like a meteor", so who knows.

Speaking of which, do you think that they'll alter the Exp. Share somehow? I really like how it eliminates grinding, but it makes the game far too easy. Perhaps they'll buff the Gym Leaders considerably.
Maybe they could have the gym leader's team change based upon the level of the pokemon on your team.

They also could bring back the BW exp. system, making using the Exp. Share to increase your team's level considerably cause your team to level up more slowly and somewhat balance it out.

Is people seriously looking so far back for speculation?
Heck yeah, at this point, we've exhausted so many of the resources that Game Freak has given us already, that speculation is getting pretty dry now. Honestly, I would be willing to start coming up with ideas to fit the holes that we don't know to add to some kind of masterpost of sorts, but post #1 on this topic is that already but only with what's confirmed.
Maybe they could have the gym leader's team change based upon the level of the pokemon on your team
To do that would mess with the leveling system a bit too much, i don't think the gym leaders will change that radically and add an entire new mechanic, because not only would gamefreak have to put that mechanic in, it would be a pain to figure out the levels of the leader's pokemon. if anything, it would be like a challenge mode in B2/W2.

To do that would mess with the leveling system a bit too much, i don't think the gym leaders will change that radically and add an entire new mechanic, because not only would gamefreak have to put that mechanic in, it would be a pain to figure out the levels of the leader's pokemon. if anything, it would be like a challenge mode in B2/W2.

Challenge mode? Hell Yeah. Whatever little thing they give with this remake must a) Play a trumpet sound and/or b) Give us a Challenge Mode.

Also, Alierate Quaza must be a thing. And don't get too excited about Delta Emerald, because on the past, Pokemon Aqua Blue and Pokemon Grey have also been trademarked for marketing purposes, yet they've never been out.

Sorry if this was talked about already but assuming the Battle Frontier returns, I really hope they change the rules of the Battle Palace. It was so annoying not being able to pick your pokemon's moves. Also, an interesting fact I had recently realized is that the Battle Pyramid's rules don't allow a player to take pokemon with a hold item. So if they stuck to those rules, that means no mega pokemon. I wonder if they'll make an exception for mega stones, given how much of a selling point megas are this generation.

Sorry if this was talked about already but assuming the Battle Frontier returns, I really hope they change the rules of the Battle Palace. It was so annoying not being able to pick your pokemon's moves. Also, an interesting fact I had recently realized is that the Battle Pyramid's rules don't allow a player to take pokemon with a hold item. So if they stuck to those rules, that means no mega pokemon. I wonder if they'll make an exception for mega stones, given how much of a selling point megas are this generation.
But the Pokemon itself choosing what it did, both normally and when it got in trouble, was the whole gimmick to the Battle Palace. Otherwise it'd be exactly the same as the Tower.

I really hope we don't go back to needing Flash to light dark caves. Like, say, Victory Road.

The point of the battle palace was that you'd prepare BEFORE actually challenging - the pokemon's nature determined its battle style so knowing that would allow you to build your pokemon accordingly.

As for the Groudon/Kyogre mural...maybe the triangle is just a triangle.

But the Pokemon itself choosing what it did, both normally and when it got in trouble, was the whole gimmick to the Battle Palace. Otherwise it'd be exactly the same as the Tower.
I get that was the gimmick but it was still very annoying. I'm not saying that the gimmick should just simply be removed and have it just become the Tower. I'd like for it to get a completely different set of rules/conditions.

The point of the battle palace was that you'd prepare BEFORE actually challenging - the pokemon's nature determined its battle style so knowing that would allow you to build your pokemon accordingly.
I'm aware that the pokemon's nature is determines how often it uses a specific type of move. Even with all the preparation, a good amount of luck was still involved when it came to getting the right move you needed. Sometimes you'd get the right moves, sometimes you'd get [insert pokemon] "appears incapable of using its power".

As I'm typing, I'm wondering how they're going to incorporate mega-evolving in the Battle Palace. Will the the player choose when/if to mega evolve? Will it be up to the pokemon? Will it just happen on the first turn the pokemon uses a move?

Normally, the player chooses if/when to mega evolve a pokemon by clicking the option in the "Fight" menu but the Battle Palace won't allow the player to access the "Fight" menu. They could put in an option that allows the player to choose whether or not to mega evolve when clicking "Fight" but the whole concept behind the Battle Palace was that the pokemon chooses based on its nature. Perhaps that concept could be applied to mega evolving.

Normally, the player chooses if/when to mega evolve a pokemon by clicking the option in the "Fight" menu but the Battle Palace won't allow the player to access the "Fight" menu. They could put in an option that allows the player to choose whether or not to mega evolve when clicking "Fight" but the whole concept behind the Battle Palace was that the pokemon chooses based on its nature. Perhaps that concept could be applied to mega evolving.
Would be interesting to see if the more aggressive natures Mega evolve straight away, while some never do and others only do when their health is below 33% or something.

"Delta Emerald". Delta is pretty clearly Rayquaza. Delta's symbol is a triangle. The triangle on the mural is pretty likely just a symbol for Rayquaza.
Makes sense. As well as the triangle having three points, one for each legend.

I'm more curious to see that if they do have a Primal Ray, how would they incorporate it in-game? Groudon/Kyogre must have to do with the story and orbs but what about Ray? Post-game content or simply can be like Mewtwo getting his Megas in XY?

Would be interesting to see if the more aggressive natures Mega evolve straight away, while some never do and others only do when their health is below 33% or something.

Makes sense. As well as the triangle having three points, one for each legend.

I'm more curious to see that if they do have a Primal Ray, how would they incorporate it in-game? Groudon/Kyogre must have to do with the story and orbs but what about Ray? Post-game content or simply can be like Mewtwo getting his Megas in XY?
Even though it's practically impossible, I'll like to see the Final Boss of the team you face use it on a final attempt to control weather, similar to how Lyssandre tries to take the legendary from you, but using an actual legend. Either that or Mega Camerupt and Mega Sharpedo

Also they could nerf the Exp. all by making it so that it only works with one Pokémon that you have to choose when turning it on, but that can be changed upon turning off. Sounds like a quickpatch, but is better than the OP All. Mega Blaziken, Azumarill and Primal Kyogre/Groudon are enough OPness

Last edited:
Also they could nerf the Exp. all by making it so that it only works with one Pokémon that you have to choose when turning it on, but that can be changed upon turning off. Sounds like a quickpatch, but is better than the OP All. Mega Blaziken, Azumarill and Primal Kyogre/Groudon are enough OPness
The new Exp. Share isn't OP. It's only OP if base levels are really low of opponents. X and Y could have used a level boost of the Elite Four by about 5-10. I'm sure they'll boost levels of ORAS if they keep Exp. Share the same.

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
The new Exp. Share isn't OP. It's only OP if base levels are really low of opponents. X and Y could have used a level boost of the Elite Four by about 5-10. I'm sure they'll boost levels of ORAS if they keep Exp. Share the same.
Heh, real men play the storyline with EXP share turned off.

Even though it's practically impossible, I'll like to see the Final Boss of the team you face use it on a final attempt to control weather, similar to how Lyssandre tries to take the legendary from you, but using an actual legend. Either that or Mega Camerupt and Mega Sharpedo

Are you kidding? The XP Share was my second favorite change (the first being the improved breeding). No more mindless grinding! It also encouraged using more pokemon as underleveled pokes you caught could be easily trained without costing the rest of the team. Overall, I think it was a brilliant move. The problem arose from giving it to you right before a huge break between gyms, meaning you were seriously overleveled the entire time. Plus, Wonder Trade ensured half your team had xp boosts. If the fix the pacing, and give they XP Share later in the game, they're golden.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)