Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like when Mega are just more powerful versions that the pokemon.

Example : Medicham and Mega Medicham. Or Gardevoir and Mega Gardevoir. I want the Mega evolution to not overshadow the pokemon. Sableye & Slowbro could be that one. Venusaur / Megasaur is a good example or Gyarados vs Mega Gyarados (type change = better !)

I don't like when Mega are just more powerful versions that the pokemon.

Example : Medicham and Mega Medicham. Or Gardevoir and Mega Gardevoir. I want the Mega evolution to not overshadow the pokemon. Sableye & Slowbro could be that one. Venusaur / Megasaur is a good example or Gyarados vs Mega Gyarados (type change = better !)
Gardevoir and mega gardevoir do two very different things. Gardevoir's choice scarf set is its niche while megavoir breaks walls.

I'm not disappointed with Mega Slowbro's design because Regular Slowbro's design is pretty dumb to begin with. Like, is it some kind of hermit... otter... bear? Anyway, this thing's combat potential will more than justify it's appearance. I have seen Crocunes being defeated by Critical Hits more than once, wich is bound to happen given how long they stay on the field. I feel like its worth mentioning that Mold Breaker ignores Shell Armor.
About Healer Mega Audino, I think it is too unreliable and situational to justify itself. It cannot afford to drop Heal Bell because it Healer doesn't work on the user, and it has just 30% chance of working.

Now that someone mentioned errors on the mega audino picture, it made me a bit unsure about its completeness. The fact they already have artworks speaks against it though. Just hope mega Audino gets something better than Healer. Not only its an ability that only works in doubles but it's not even that good at that...

And now after this leak, I think they'll probably reveal mega slowbro and audino soon. I just hope they throw in something new as well to get us excited, otherwise it'll be like: really? That's what's new?

Now that someone mentioned errors on the mega audino picture, it made me a bit unsure about its completeness. The fact they already have artworks speaks against it though. Just hope mega Audino gets something better than Healer. Not only its an ability that only works in doubles but it's not even that good at that...

And now after this leak, I think they'll probably reveal mega slowbro and audino soon. I just hope they throw in something new as well to get us excited, otherwise it'll be like: really? That's what's new?
Every ORAS Mega reveal so far has had at least one thing exciting about it to justify the reveal. The first had the starters and legendaries. The next was at E3. Then we had the Champion's signature Mega. And finally, we got another Pseudo-Legendary Mega AND confirmation of other-gen Megas. So I expect that Slowbro and Audino weren't the only things that were supposed to be revealed; just wait 'till they're announced alongside Wallace's Mega Milotic or the Mega Johto Starters or something.

I'm not disappointed with Mega Slowbro's design because Regular Slowbro's design is pretty dumb to begin with. Like, is it some kind of hermit... otter... bear? Anyway, this thing's combat potential will more than justify it's appearance. I have seen Crocunes being defeated by Critical Hits more than once, wich is bound to happen given how long they stay on the field. I feel like its worth mentioning that Mold Breaker ignores Shell Armor.
About Healer Mega Audino, I think it is too unreliable and situational to justify itself. It cannot afford to drop Heal Bell because it Healer doesn't work on the user, and it has just 30% chance of working.
the cool thing is that some mold breaker mons can't break through

252+ Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro on a critical hit: 157-186 (39.8 - 47.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
this is assuming 140 defense (+30)

it hates mega ampharos though

The fan design is actually really bad and generic tbh. I much rather GF's appraoch to the line. I find it really innovative.
If by "innovative" you mean "complete trash" then yea, it is innovative. Seriously people, look at Mega-Bro's design, and tell me how the fuck is it supposed to walk.

Also the mega on the left is Slowking, not Slowbro. That's why the mutant Ferroseed (Shellder you say? Yeah right, and Pokecheck is coming back too) it's on the head.

Last edited:
You guys probably shouldn't be using the anime as the basis for theories in the games; GF doesn't reference it that much. Also because fuck the anime.

Regardless, the theory of what's-her-face-I'm-too-lazy-to-scroll-up-while-typing-on-her-phone being related to Wallace seems sound.

Because you gotta have blue hair.
I don't want to be "that guy" who get's really picky about everything, But as a strong disapprover of a lot of the stuff that goes on in the anime I want to point out that the Wallace x Winona "relationship" happens in the manga and not the anime, and the manga is generally way more based on and similar to the games. But also, yeah, you're right that the video games don't draw much at all from any spin off thing.

I guess there's also the possibility that Lisia is Winona's sister/relative or something. But I think it would be more fun for Wallace.
The fan design is actually really bad and generic tbh. I much rather GF's appraoch to the line. I find it really innovative.
On M-Slowbro's design, That fan approach is even a worse betrayal of Slowbro's character too. Look at that thing's face. GF kept the derp face better than the fan. Angry, battle eyes? Slowbro inst even supposed to be aware he's being eaten. Also way too many Slowking elements in there... Being eaten even more is the pretty logical next step in Slwobro's evolution but I think I would have liked the design more if it was only being eaten to the waste and it's legs were sticking out instead of it's tail or something. That way it would still look like it could move around and do Slowbro things. As it is now it is just a really huge change in "body shape" and it just looks like it has no mobility at all. Supposedly it "bounces" on it's tail or something but can anyone image a Slowbro with that much energy? The whole thing would jump an inch of the ground one time in 2 minutes and then fall over cause it's clearly not balanced.... I imagined it spinning like a top when I first saw it but even that is a little energetic for a Slowbro. And GF didn't keep the derp face that well themselves either. The supposed method of movement and the facial expression just betray all the things that I liked about Slowbro's unique characteristics. It's just way more like an alternative Pokemon with Slowbro shapes and colors than it is a higher level of the existing one. It's its own separate entity. That is a summary of the issues I have with accepting M-Slowbro's design. A process that is going to take me a very long time. Like I've basically accepted M-Salamence already and am really cool with it, but I think M-Slwobro will be more like Lickilicky is to me. Like 7 years from now I'll at least acknowledged it but I won't like it still..
(KingHeracrossTheBug Ninja'd me a little...)

EDIT (for more rant): I mean if you HAD a Mega Slowbro and you wanted to take a picture of it that looks like the official art, you would have to like go out of your way to try and pick it up off the ground and balance it up right. And the Slowbro inside wouldn't even realize you're doing that until you failed to balance it and it fell over again. You'd probably end up having ot lean it on something. And if the Slowbro inside that thing is aware enough or mobile enough to actually help you stand it upright then it's not a Slowbro....

Last edited:
If by "innovative" you mean "complete trash" then yea, it is innovative. Seriously people, look at Mega-Bro's design, and tell me how the fuck is it supposed to walk.

Also the mega on the left is Slowking, not Slowbro. That's why the mutant Ferroseed (Shellder you say? Yeah right, and Pokecheck is coming back too) it's on the head.
It is not even supposed to walk. This is the whole point of the mega. This thing get even more derpy and I feel safe to say that it seems like it does not even know that it is being eaten. Just look at his cute derpy expression. how can you not like that? XD it wallows around with leaking psychic power. he is a psycho beyblade.

9 Tales of Ninetales; But imo the whole point is how unaware Slowpoke is and thats why it is being pulverized by shellder without it knowing. I find the mega evo extremely logical and innovative. Megabro is def my 2nd fav mega ever after the heartthrob that is megalatis <3 <3

looool a more fitting ability for Megabro would have been unaware XD

Mega bro doesn't need to walk or bounce or spin it can move by psychic powers.

Pokemon movement doesn't make sense most of the time anyway.

Move on to the competitiveness of the new megas. M- Audino to me is taunt bait and it's lack of offensive presence will hamper it a lot.

The moment I saw mega Slowbro it was clear to me it was supposed to move (if at all) by using its psychich powers. Now its secondary typing finally can be related to its design.

So I expect that Slowbro and Audino weren't the only things that were supposed to be revealed; just wait 'till they're announced alongside Wallace's Mega Milotic or the Mega Johto Starters or something.
Yay, Kurona mentioned Johto mega Starters, so that's definitely going to happen now! Would you mind making a joke about it just to make sure?

In all seriousness now, as Kurona himself has mentioned, I'd be happy if the Johto Starters just got their HA. Sheer Force Feraligatr is a mega-like upgrade when you consider it can still hold an item and Flash Fire Typhlosion wouldn't be too shabby either. But don't you guys think mega Johto starters are more likely on X2/Y2/Z? I mean, GF has showed that introducing dozens of mega evolutions mid-gen is no big deal and after the precedent they're setting with ORAS, we'd be disappointed if the third installment only brought a mega/primal/whatever Zygarde. And since we'd still have to meet Prof. Sycamore in Lumiose and mega Kanto Starters are water under the bridge... (just for the record, Prof. Elm is told to be an expert in evolution and Kalos is all about mega evolution, so there is a plausible excuse for him to drop by and give us and our goofy friends Johto starters).

And just for the sake of comparison, how many months before release were the Kanto mega starters revealed?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
This is your first and final warning because you should know the drill by now: keep discussion related to what has been revealed. Any speculation you post must be directly related to something that has been revealed (i.e., it needs to have a base), and must follow this forum's rules (e.g., no competitive discussion). Failure to adhere to these rules will lead to the thread being locked again sooner than planned.

Additionally, off topic or unnecessarily abrasive/negative posts will be deleted and infracted. We've issued multiple verbal warnings to various people in this thread, but they don't seem to be sticking.

Reactions: PME
This has me dying, but tbh I'm actually quite happy that there is now a mega Slowbro. It'll be nice to see how all these new megas will play with the XY ones, and to see what new megas will come in the future. Be a nice new diverse meta to play with hopefully not as many broken one's this time around. Even tho I'm quite excited for mega Sala, I have a feeling it's going to be broken with the new obtainable ability. But, we'll just have to see how that plays out.

I don't like M Slowbro design simply because it looks awful. It's not a cute design, not cool, not that goofy or funny. It's just "there"... The design in 3d is even worse.

It's not Slowbro anymore really.

It's basically a big shell. Like someone said earlier, it would be better if the shell is just at the waist level NOT THE WHOLE BODY.

I feel uncomfortable looking at it.

So is the Shellder still actually biting on Slowbro? Its teeth are pointing upward and doesn't look like its actually biting M-Slowbro whereas on regular Slowbro, the Shellder's teeth are clearly biting down on its tail. If it's not actually biting Slowbro, then technically it isn't a Slowbro but a Slowpoke.

I also find it interesting that M-Slowbro's tail is exposed. Part of Slowbro/Slowking's identity is based on where the Shellder bites it. Slowbro is Slowbro b/c of the powers it unlocked by Shellder injecting poisoning specifically at the tail (as opposed to Slowking which unlocks certain powers b/c Shellder specifically bites it at the the head). Even if they are trying to go the Parasect route, it doesn't feel right to have its tail be exposed and not covered by the shellder since that's such a defining aspect of Slowbro's design.

So is the Shellder still actually biting on Slowbro? Its teeth are pointing upward and doesn't look like its actually biting M-Slowbro whereas on regular Slowbro, the Shellder's teeth are clearly biting down on its tail. If it's not actually biting Slowbro, then technically it isn't a Slowbro but a Slowpoke.

I also find it interesting that M-Slowbro's tail is exposed. Part of Slowbro/Slowking's identity is based on where the Shellder bites it. Slowbro is Slowbro b/c of the powers it unlocked by Shellder injecting poisoning specifically at the tail (as opposed to Slowking which unlocks certain powers b/c Shellder specifically bites it at the the head). Even if they are trying to go the Parasect route, it doesn't feel right to have its tail be exposed and not covered by the shellder since that's such a defining aspect of Slowbro's design.
In mega slowbro's defense at least the tip of its tail is yellowish in contrast to slowpoke's that's just a lighter shade of pink.

But I see your point. I guess they just took a different approach to its design and I think it's valid that way, since it takes the whole "being eatdn by a Shellder" to the extreme. I do miss the goofy smile, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)