OM Teambuilding Competition

OM Teambuilding Competition
Rules:
  1. do not post wips. post the full team with an import and description at the very least.
  2. don't make this into an rmt thread! of course teams can always be fixed, but there's no need to criticize other's teams.
  3. no bandwagoning. don't bandwagon, it's that easy.
  4. be creative!
Welcome to the OM teambuilding competition! In this thread, I will post a core for a certain metagame and your challenge is to make a team featuring the core. Each building round lasts five days, with 24 hours to vote afterwards. It's that simple! Please follow the rules.

Week One:
[STABmons] – won by baconbagon http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/om-teambuilding-competition.3571517/#post-6791459
Week Two:
[Balanced Hackmons]

//

Week One

[STABmons]
Keldeo and Latios share excellent synergy and can work together to beat through each others counters. How do you think they fit best onto a team?!

Last edited:
one of my favourite cores, though i had lots of teams with this one i figured building one was better o_o

keldeo+latios hits alot of things in the stabmons meta but what came to mind at first was scarf keldeo since it can outspeed threats such as thundurus/serperior/weavile and check kyurem-b along with physical latios, dragon dance with zen headbutt + dragon stab is great, also i added ice beam which lures in lando-i after one dd since i believe most teams with lando-i would switch-in on this monster, having saying that i needed a great answer to spore spam/steels in general since latios prefers to have steels/fairies taken out so thats where magnezone comes in, i actually stole this fantastic set from Eevee General :). i made sure its bulky enough to withstand all of serperior attacks even at +4 and fast enough to outspeed most scizors which prove to be a problem for the team otherwise. i needed a fire check not named keldeo but its also one of the most popular fire checks there is in stabmons at it fixes your heatran/char-y problem and still functions as a amazing scald switch in for the team,not to mention power gem as a great add imo as it can one shot char-y and dish out a decent amount of damage to kyu-b. A next mon that came to mind was helmet garchomp it does so well verse those fakespeed abusers so well along with pressuring my opponent with hazards 24/7, i made garchomp fast enough to outspeed not only bulky lando but all base 70s sadly he's one of my ground switchins :[.
Then there's doge!, i found that i was really weak to thundurus since latios is my switchin and had no way to get around to it and at the same time i couldn't decide what i could use for my hazard removal ;-; so i used rapid spin stoutland to do that very task for me because with the lack of knock off his ability to damage ghost comes in handy

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Water Spout
- Icy Wind

Latios @ Latiosite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Dragon Dance
- Zen Headbutt
- Dragon Claw

Magnezone @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 116 HP / 204 SpA / 8 SpD / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Slowking @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 216 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Power Gem
- Psystrike
- Scald
- Mirror Coat

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 168 Def / 100 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic

Stoutland @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Rapid Spin
- Superpower

Last edited by a moderator:

EV

Banned deucer.
I gave my A Dragon Dance with Dragons team a face lift. I call it: So You Think You Can Dragon Dance.

Description: It's a simple balance build with two special mons, two physical mons, and two supporters. Keldeo is Sub+CM, a really fun set that can catch STABmons players off guard expecting the typical Choice set, and can function as a wincon. It also clears out Heatran for Kyurem. Latios is Scarfed which is ~risky~ but fairies aren't too common and I really like having a guaranteed Lunar Dance in the wings. Just play careful around Tyranitar. Fortunately many are Scarfed lately so they'll expect a fast Knock Off and going into Mega Scizor is your best bet in that scenario. My boi Kyurem is a Dance+Roost+2 attacks with Lum and Mega Scizor is a bulky Swords Dancer. They're often the recipients of Latios's sacrificial Lunar Dances. Celebi is there to sponge Keldeo plays and to shut down Mega Slowbro with Perish Song. The EVs let it live a Mega Lopunny Extreme Speed at +2 very comfortably and OHKO back with Psystrike. Heatran is a fat Rock and Roarer and a nice check to Serperior and Ferrothorn (gogo Goggles trend on everything).

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Draco Meteor
- Lunar Dance
- Defog / Trick

Kyurem-Black @ Lum Berry
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Icicle Crash
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 SpA
Bold Nature
- Perish Song
- U-turn / Recover
- Psystrike
- Giga Drain

Heatran @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Blue Flare
- Doom Desire
- Roar / King's Shield

baconbagon

free stabmons
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Steam Eruption
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psystrike
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Pin Missile
- Superpower

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 HP / 220 Atk / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Icicle Crash
- Fusion Bolt

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Dragon Ascent
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
Literally reworked XY CBB HO! I use this team a lot as I really like the offensive synergy and I've already posted it in Samples.

I guess you could call Keldeo + Latios the "wallbreaking core" of the team. Specs Keldeo is a monster, and Steam Eruption is absolutely stupid and probably banworthy? Something to look at in the future I guess. Thunderbolt is an option over HP Fire because of broken threat Mega Slowbro. I originally had Lunar Dance on Latios but I've found Roost more and more important as time goes on, largely because of the release of Volcanion and Steam Eruption with it but also because I think I'm starting to play less recklessly and more with my brain :(

SD Mega Scizor + Kyurem-B really sweeps everything. I really enjoy Adamant 3 attacks Scizor and its ability to sometimes beat broken threat Mega Slowbro before it Iron Defenses and / or Cosmic Powers and then proceeds to win literally every battle when it gets an opportunity to set up. What a delightful Pokemon! I've been using SubDD Kyurem-B for a while and I find it absolutely broken. It gets ridiculous amounts of setup opportunities with Substitute and its natural bulk, and it blows through everything with its obscene power. EVs hit 404 HP for Seismic Toss while the Speed and the Jolly nature outspeeds Jolly Landorus-T, outspeeding Scarf at +1.

Tank Garchomp is quite nice, the lack of recovery is kinda gross but it racks up hazard damage super fast and has a bunch of neat advantages over Landorus-T, such as not being a Landorus-T! Scarf Landorus-T patches up some weaknesses to faster Pokemon that have the potential to be really annoying, such as Alakazam and Serperior, and provides nice momentum.

Standard largely stolen team. Lack of hazard control is sad but it doesn't really affect any Pokemon except for Kyurem-B. Team is a bit weak to broken threat Mega Slowbro, but then again what team isn't?

Last edited:

EV

Banned deucer.
Is there going to be any discussion of the winning teams? A period of testing and tweaking? Maybe the winning team can be featured in the room for tours or something and then revisited with updates later.

Also Bacon stole by Kyurem/Zor core and y'all gonna let him get away with that two 4x Ice weakness. Other Kyurem run through that team at +1 just trap and remove Zor. Also Mega Bro. :toast: (Cmon let's have some fun here.)

Is there going to be any discussion of the winning teams? A period of testing and tweaking? Maybe the winning team can be featured in the room for tours or something and then revisited with updates later.

Also Bacon stole by Kyurem/Zor core and y'all gonna let him get away with that two 4x Ice weakness. Other Kyurem run through that team at +1 just trap and remove Zor. Also Mega Bro. :toast: (Cmon let's have some fun here.)
no discussion of winning teams — it's not the point of these threads. you can discuss them in the om room and such but i dont want this thread to become an RMT thread yk. that would be the CCAT with a start of 6 pokemon. let's leave the creativity/trust in the people who post a team.

also, u suck lol

Laxpras

One small yeet for man, one giant yeet for mankind
Boosting Offense with Momentum support :)

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Download
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Thousand Arrows
- V-create
- King's Shield

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Chill Drive
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Superpower
- V-create
- Overheat
- Techno Blast

Giratina @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Metal Burst
- Toxic
- Heal Bell
- Roost

Registeel @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Defog
- Recover
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Diancie-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Lonely Nature
IVs: 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst
- Precipice Blades

Xerneas @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Moonblast
- Nuzzle
- U-turn
- Metal Burst

This HO team is based around Download PDon and Contrary MMX. The PDon set is pretty standard, with speed EVs to outspeed MMY after shift gear and is pretty much unwallable without fur coat Tina or random gimmicks. The MMX set is courtesy of Lcass4919 and hits opposing Giratina's, which are the most common mmx counter. With Tina gone, this thing can go wild and just win. It also takes advantage of techno blast, so you don't have to worry about spooky plate Chansey. Unaware Tina does its best job of imposter-proofing PDon and MMX. Diancie is imo the best mon in the meta as you can spam boomburst for days and fairy typing is just too good, and I love precipice blades as most regis are FF if anything. If you can bop a regi, Diancie can usually just win. My Regi is there to counter my own diancie, as well as most other Atespeeders, but it is weak to fire coverage speeders. Finally, the Xerneas set is a lovely check to MMY and most other special attackers, and provides great momentum.

Last edited:

baconbagon

free stabmons
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
[09:42:41] #Eevee General: I wanted bacon and jeran and me to try to argue why are teams were better
[09:42:47] #Eevee General: but bacon didn't take the bait

haha that's what you think

Also Bacon stole by Kyurem/Zor core

it was originally offensive shift gear scizor

Other Kyurem run through that team at +1 just trap and remove Zor
vwave keldeo is an option for more security versus kyub but nothing on the team really lets it set up anyway. additionally, scarf lando-t outspeeds adamant kyub at +1

there are also certain issues associated with magnezone

Also Mega Bro. :toast:
thunderbolt latios, hp electric keldeo, and toxic garchomp are all viable options that have other uses (hitting waters like azu suicune mola starmie harder and weakening bulky ground-types such as hippo and lando-t, respectively)

ok i'm done flexxing carry on

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)