go on, take everything
is a Pre-Contributor
1694861024086.png

Okidogi
Poison / Fighting
88 / 128 / 115 / 58 / 86 / 80

Toxic Chain / Guard Dog

Toxic Chain

This Pokemon's moves have a 30% chance of badly poisoning.

NOTEWORTHY MOVES

Body Press
Bulk Up

Close Combat
Crunch
Fire Punch
Gunk Shot
Ice Punch
Knock Off
Psychic Fangs
Taunt
Thunder Punch

PROS

+ 128 Attack is very solid, especially in conjunction with its high-base power STABs in Close Combat and Gunk Shot.
+ Decent coverage with the elemental punches + Knock Off and Psychic Fang.
+ Very solid physical bulk (88 / 115), in addition to Bulk Up and Body Press, make it a potentially threatening Bulk Up breaker.
+ Grounded Poison-type means another absorber of Toxic Spikes.
+ Toxic Chain is a busted ability

CONS
- Very awkward defensive typing that leaves it weak to Ground in a meta where Great Tusk and Landorus-Therian are very common threats. Also a Poison-type that doesn't resist Fairy, which can be devastating against something like Iron Valiant
- Mediocre Speed leaves it even more vulnerable to being outsped by aforementioned threats
- STABs are both walled by stuff like Gholdengo, Gliscor, Slowking-Galar, and Toxapex

TERA POTENTIAL?
Definitely. I think that typings that reverse all of its weaknesses will be best on it, i.e. Water or Fairy. These typings also have additional benefits, the former giving Okidogi some staying power into Pokemon like Baxcalibur and the latter just being a great typing to have against a lot, but particularly helping its match-up against stuff like Dragapult.

SAMPLE SET

Offensive Bulk Up
Okidogi (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Toxic Chain
Tera Type: Water / Fairy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Close Combat / Body Press
- Gunk Shot
- Knock Off / Taunt

Bulk Up is Okidogi's only set-up move bar Howl, and this set aims to take advantage of that. The Fighting-type STAB is an option between Body Press and Close Combat in my eyes. The former has more immediate power while the latter, while weaker, doesn't lower its defenses. Knock Off is an obvious utility option on this thing that can also target the likes of Gholdengo and Dragapult. Meanwhile, Taunt can prevent Pokemon like Toxapex from getting in the way of its set-up.

CONCLUSION
Okidogi seems very OK. All of its stats are solid, it has a good enough movepool, but it has notable weaknesses that definitely hold it back in the long run. Potentially good UU Pokemon in my eyes.​

This is a Mon I see going back and forth from UU to OU a lot of the time, depending on when its defensive utility is needed up in OU. It's a lot like buzzwole, but with a better defensive typing.

Also knock is huge for crippling its checks, which that and its defensive utility and breaking power could give it a potentially strong OU niche when things calm down. Mon definitely has some very nice potential here in OU, and with some optimization I could see it becoming a legit part of the tier or a strong niche pick to check things in the meta. I definitely think that its pretty ok at the moment in OU, as you can definitely get milage out of dogi's defensive utility on bulky offense and balance, but as I said it could be better here once things settle down.

Last edited:
Agree with this guy being a menace under screens/veil. The right tera (water is best IMO) and it becomes unkillable very quickly with Bulk Up+Drain Punch. Can easily 1v1 even Tusk especially thanks to Toxic Chain. Sets up on common mons like Gambit, knock off threatens Ghold, etc. All-around solid mon, I prefer running bulkier EV spreads.

This is a Mon I see going back and forth from UU to OU a lot of the time, depending on when its defensive utility is needed up in OU. It's a lot like buzzwole, but with a better defensive typing.

Also knock is huge for crippling its checks, which that and its defensive utility and breaking power could give it a potentially strong OU niche when things calm down. Mon definitely has some very nice potential here in OU, and with some optimization I could see it becoming a legit part of the tier or a strong niche pick to check things in the meta. I definitely think that its pretty ok at the moment in OU, as you can definitely get milage out of dogi's defensive utility on bulky offense and balance, but as I said it could be better here once things settle down.
Poorly aged statement, UU/RU it goes with Munkidori following it

Last edited:
It's amazing how much I don't fear this pokemon. I have to show it respect, it can still cause unimaginable harm, but when I see it on team previewi breathe a sigh of relief.

I'd say Okidogi is probably the best of the three in terms of Singles.

Fezandipiti seems to be designed with Toxic Chain in mind, since it has high defenses, low offenses, and a wide pool of AoE attacks. It's certainly decent in Doubles, but in Singles it's dead weight. Munkidori, meanwhile, faces heavy competition as a fast-but-frail special attacker. Most importantly, both Fez and Munki flounder when facing Kingambit and Gholdengo, the twin faces of gen 9 OU.

Okidogi isn't the greatest pokemon in the world, but as a bulky Fighting type with Dark coverage options, it at least has a positive matchup into Gambit and Ghold.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)