Official NBA 2011-12 Season Thread

Haha. As usual, the Heat win. Reaction: "REFS ARE SO BAD OMG CONSPIRACY"

Get over it, children. I honestly found this the best officiated game of the series. Thunder lost cause they sucked ass at the end of the game. Shut the hell up about the officiating Jesus Christ.

If the Heat win, I look forward to spending all summer hearing about how the officials gifted the finals to the Heat even though the Thunder have shot themselves in the foot in each of their losses and the games have been called pretty evenly. Maybe Thunder fans (who am I kidding, Heat haters) should blame the Thunder's abysmal FT% instead of cherry picking 50/50 calls that didn't go their way (and ignoring all of the 50/50 calls that DID go their way)

I found some of the calls for the Thunder to be bad. I recall one time when they didn't even show a replay. Some of Harden's free throws, I believe, were not justified.

Get over it, children. I honestly found this the best officiated game of the series. Thunder lost cause they sucked ass at the end of the game. Shut the hell up about the officiating Jesus Christ.
Tell us how you really feel. (BAN ME PLEASE).

Originally Posted by the Venerable Master Byrne

This is exactly how I feel.

so i'm guessing it was also the refs fault when westbrook missed a wide open 3 to tie the game?

yes, the officiating wasn't on point. but the truth is, the better team won.

Heat are likely going to win this year, but given the Thunder's rate of improvement and the Heat's inability to sign anymore decent vets or other talent, I can see Thunder taking it next year should they both square off again.

If every other homer in the world had a big orgy and birthed the perfect homer baby it would not be 1/10th the homer you are. The Thunder are playing like shit but to deny that the refs are being heavy-handed in their guiding of the games is blind. James can basically do whatever he wants at all times and the call is always going to go his way. Sure they'll keep it close enough to not look ridiculous but they ate systematically giving the Heat an edge. Do you seriously not remember the game against the Celtics where James took more FTs than the entire Celtics team?

I'm surprised none of the Heat fans are talking about the save LeBron tried to make and the ball hit the back of the glass, deeming it out of bounds. The refs totally missed that call and Chalmers got 2 pts out of it.

Oh.....I wasn't supposed to mention that? Oops....

If every other homer in the world had a big orgy and birthed the perfect homer baby it would not be 1/10th the homer you are. The Thunder are playing like shit but to deny that the refs are being heavy-handed in their guiding of the games is blind. James can basically do whatever he wants at all times and the call is always going to go his way. Sure they'll keep it close enough to not look ridiculous but they ate systematically giving the Heat an edge. Do you seriously not remember the game against the Celtics where James took more FTs than the entire Celtics team?
I am not a Heat fan, but this was an evenly called game and has been an evenly called series.

Also, Lebron having more FTs than the Celtics is not evidence of anything. If you watched that game, he was extremely aggressive (even for him) and got fouled constantly. Using a FT disparity as an argument for a reffing bias is incredibly stupid. Even in tonight's game he lived in the paint and got fouled repeatedly, however there were some no calls that probably should have gone his way. It was still even overall, though.

Off of the top of my head, there were 3 times Lebron was in the paint and was fouled with no call. Fisher's 4 point play was an extremely weak call, Bosh got clobbered in the lane with no call at one point, Durant's 4th foul was a weak call, the Harden blocking foul towards the end of regulation was weak, Miller was called for two questionable calls early on, Dwyane Wade benefited from a couple of weak calls... etc.

It was evenly called overall, the Heat played better down the stretch than the Thunder and definitely deserved to win the game.

When Westbrook sat for so long I basically called the game right then and there. The logic was to have him and Durant back in at the same time doing their thing, but that is weakkkkk. Needed to try to fight much harder with Durant out to keep their already great edge. If Westbrook has to sit and Durant still has a 5-7 point lead to work with, you have to think he executes a little better at that point.

Its the refs fault Durant shot 2-6 in the fourth and the Thunder missed like nine (?) Free throws and that Harden shot like 20% or something lol

Etc etc etc

LOL the refs are finding very creative ways to hand the Heat points. They started off with free throws for LBJ and DWade if they were even touched. Then they moved on to blown goaltending calls and now LBJ can pass the ball off the back of the backboard and not get called.

I will admit, though, that the Thunder haven't played well all series and still manage to make each game close. Hopefully, they will put a full game together. They could've easily blown the Heat out tonight.

Also, LBJ should put on a beanie during games if he really wants to cover his hairline that badly =/

good job Spo

No brain All beard
— Metta WorldPeace (@MettaWorldPeace)
after Harden's flop on Lebron at the end.

Sorry I wasn't here to talk shit to OKC fans during the game. I watched it at my friends house. Anyway, FTs played a large part in the game. The Thunder didn't do shit with them, lol.

Edit: LOL people complaining about reffs. Bitches gonna bitch. Although there were some shit calls, people who say the Heat won BECAUSE of calls are just upset that OKC lost.

LEBRON GETTING THE RING

When Westbrook sat for so long I basically called the game right then and there. The logic was to have him and Durant back in at the same time doing their thing, but that is weakkkkk. Needed to try to fight much harder with Durant out to keep their already great edge. If Westbrook has to sit and Durant still has a 5-7 point lead to work with, you have to think he executes a little better at that point.
This. Heat (and the Refs) basically smelled blood here and gained the momentum.

Anybody who calls this game fairly called by the Refs is bullshit. They need to watch the game 10x slower to know the truth. Both teams got their bad calls (so might be fair but I don't call that fair), but for me, just let the players play. I want to see James doing face to face with Durant's mom and everything else, hype this series up and fuck. Now they're afraid to do that 'coz of those ref-ggots stupid whistles going ballistic.

Fuck, now I even know who those Tony bros are.

Edit: LOL people complaining about reffs. Bitches gonna bitch. Although there were some shit calls, people who say the Heat won BECAUSE of calls are just upset that OKC lost.
I would have the same rant even if the Thunder won. That's how stupid those whistles are.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
you heat lovers that are trying to convince us that the refs are calling this series down the middle are a million times worse than people complaining about the refs.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Came to read up on what's going on in the finals.

WELP, LOOKS LIKE WE'RE STILL NOT TALKING ABOUT ACTUAL BASKETBALL!

Honestly, whining about Refs in any sport is obnoxious no matter how bad the calls may be. And even if the complaints are merited, the "Well if this call hadn't happened" rhetoric is completely asinine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)