Official NBA 2011-12 Season Thread

Come one now, I don't think anyone was expecting the Lakers to be a serious contender after getting swept last year by the Mavs.

They needed to change the roster and although Lamar Odom went on to had a shitty year with the Mavs, he was definitely missed by the Lakers.

Can we trade Andrew Bynum for Kwame Brown or something?

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Our rebounding has been pathetic this game, our effort outside of Kobe and Gasol has been pathetic! The refereeing decision at half time was the most pathetic thing I've seen this playoffs and was the biggest momentum swing of the game. This series has made me go from liking the Thunder to disliking everyone outside Durant. At least now this series is over they can get deservedly raped by the superior Spurs!

I'd just like to blame the Lakers failed season on David Stern for cockblocking the CP3 trade.

nah but seriously we didn't really look like a championship squad this year and we still have to figure out our bench situation
i also think the condensed schedule affected us more than other teams

To be honest I was surprised we made it this far without having an average point guard and such a horrible bench.

Well.. looks like we're getting the match-up we've been talking about for months.
The result will either be Spurs in 4 or Thunder in 7. I'm going for Thunder in 7 'coz I like how my heart pounds when Thunder games are close. I feel like dying in Game 4.

If the Spurs do not win the finals and prove my genius, I am fine with the Thunder winning instead and getting Derek Fisher a sixth ring before Bryant to prove just how useless arguments about rings are.

Why such an extreme difference in results?
I'm thinking Spurs will easily win games and sweep if they keep their flowing offense AND Thunder don't focus on their defense. The key for Thunder is to make games tight to let their stars overtake lategame (just like the Mavs and Lakers series), which is rather risky but they have the advantage, so Thunder in 7.

And this is to admit that Spurs is a better ballclub. But still betting on Thunder.

Hey that's White Mamba!!

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I'm thinking Spurs will easily win games and sweep if they keep their flowing offense AND Thunder don't focus on their defense. The key for Thunder is to make games tight to let their stars overtake lategame (just like the Mavs and Lakers series), which is rather risky but they have the advantage, so Thunder in 7.

And this is to admit that Spurs is a better ballclub. But still betting on Thunder.

Hey that's White Mamba!!
Been waiting for this for quite a few pages now. Durant is amazing though so I'm not counting out the Thunder, especially if the game is close!

The Lakers need some changes. Kobe basically carries the entire team.
And that's the problem.

Kobe shoots and shoots and shoots his team right out of wins. Of course, it's not always his fault. He can't control the effort/maturity of Gasol and Bynum. But if LA wants to be legitimate contenders they need less FGA from Kobe and more from Gasol and Bynum. (Also, tell RonRon that he isn't a knockdown 3 point shooter, take a step in and knock down the 22 footer) The problem is that Kobe has that franchise in a chokehold so no coach they bring in will be able to implement an offense that takes shots away from Kobe, which is why I feel that Kobe won't win another ring in his career. (It also helps that he doesn't get to ride Shaq for any more rings, but that's a different subject)

Since Kobe went to Lakers, they are 10-3 in the playoffs when Kobe scores more than 40 points. However, 2 of those 3 losses came from this year. Time for a change I guess. We need more numbers, but maybe it's time for Kobe to accept he's better as a second banana (again) at this point forward. Feeding the ball to him 80% of the time just won't work anymore.

That's why, it's time to grab Howard!

We don't know if the Thunder are better than Spurs in the final minutes.
Dunno, but I still don't see Spurs can defend the Thunder trio given that they have to play Manu and Parker in the final minutes, while the Thunder's defense are at it's best in those minutes (The Thunder had limited Mavs and Lakers to less than 25% shooting in crunchtime), so I'm going with Thunder.

I wasn't suggesting Kobe's role on the team change, just diminished a bit in favor of more efficiency. There's a reason the Lakers winning percentage when Kobe shoots 25+ shots is much worse than when he doesn't. And no, it's not because his teammates are "forcing" him to shoot as he would like you to believe, it's because he's a me-first chucker that takes bad shot, yet his talent and ability often mask just how bad the shots he routinely takes are.

statistically speaking, if each of their big 3 get about an equal share offensively, the ball should be dumped down low like 2 out of every 3 possessions, but i'm preeeetty sure that's not happening. who is to blame? I don't think you can put the blame on Kobe because Kobe is what Kobe is. he/the Lakers need a coach who can actually get Kobe to buy into that strategy and for this reason, I do not think Mike Brown is a good fit in LA.

Our rebounding has been pathetic this game, our effort outside of Kobe and Gasol has been pathetic! The refereeing decision at half time was the most pathetic thing I've seen this playoffs and was the biggest momentum swing of the game. This series has made me go from liking the Thunder to disliking everyone outside Durant. At least now this series is over they can get deservedly raped by the superior Spurs!
What exactly did Thunder players do that earned your contempt?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)