In
New York
Lindiculous
Linsane
Linsanity
Jeremy "My Shot is Fall" Lin
Jeremy "Be Ball" Lin
Jeremy "My Name Is What Your Google" Lin

On a serious note though, does anyone know if his linjury was serious? He was limping for a bit in the fourth and I heard he has to get it treated or something after the game.

Looks like Lin has the clutch thing everyone cares about too. I bet DRose or LeBron would've missed that free throw.

He was 4/7 FT and 8/24 shooting, an awful performance by the end, but espn has had two different "front picture" main headlines about him winning, and now the top "side stories" headline about HIM winning the game for the Knicks. This is now officially Tebow all over again where performance literally does not matter.

Looks like Lin has the clutch thing everyone cares about too. I bet DRose or LeBron would've missed that free throw.
This guy was a blind Tebow supporter, and now a blind, incorrect Lin supporter.

That explains everything.

The one time me and CaptKirby agree on something, it's the thing I'd most WANT someone to agree with on something.

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
I am seriously laughing at all the dissenters against Lin. Just because he has one off game where he still puts up 20, 8, 6, and 3 you think he isn't worth the hype. If Ricky Rubio had that game everyone would be riding him for a ROY award. And this has been the odd game in the bunch for Lin. Every other game his shooting is way over 50% from the field. I'll tell you why he had an off game, he isn't completely conditioned for playing this many minutes. Not sure how many people here watched every play, but he was clearly gasping for air at times. But instead of making excuses and taking a loss like Paul Pierce and the Celtics, they still managed to pull it out on a decent performance.

I'm not a dissenter of Lin himself.

I am a dissenter of the media hype.

If Ricky Rubio had that game everyone would be riding him for a ROY award.
He kinda already is, but even when he is, the media isn't all RUBIO RUBIO, COOLIOS RUBIOS.

Every other game his shooting is way over 50% from the field.
I wouldn't even call it shooting since most of his attempts are at the rim. The percentage is pretty much deceptive.

When the Lakers hit 34 points at the end of the first quarter, I was hoping that they would finally have a great offensive game again, but they still didn't break 100. ): Ah well, a win is a win, although it was a close one to the fucken' Raptors.

Hey man "Kobe won" 5 rings, clearly he can unapologetically hog the ball all he wants. I am not sure who is more at fault out of Mike Brown or Kobe Bryant so how about we just assume they both fucking blow at offensive logic.

I think that the internet has obviously turned sports hype into sports hysteria. It crossed a very bad line somewhere along the way (I think ESPN's whole next obsession was a big part of it), and no one can keep themselves even heeled anymore. Being excited is fine, beinghysterical is obnoxious and completely unwarranted. Lin has probably saved the Knicks worst offensive position and that is very good. Lin also allows Chandler to set very intelligent screens again, just like Barea did for Chandler last season. Lin rebounds well and gets assists well. On the other hand, he has no three point shot OR mid range shot (so he has probably been overperforming, but even if he has improved to a real shooting rate of 45% that is a nice rate given his flaws!) and has been turning the ball over relentlessly. Energy play should be better than the Mike Bibby/Baron Davis old poo poo platter on defense too. All in all it is an okay storyline but tl;dr fuck the Knicks.

Lakers, I disagree. Any time a player is on a shitty team and it wins and he appears to be the closest thing to the reason, people go bonkers despite any facts that help give better context or say that they are flat out wrong. It helps make matters even worse when the player is goofy/fun loving. This being in NY has made it an even quicker, more zealous reaction as well than say the Tebow or Bradford situations in the NFL the last two seasons.

So, LaMarcus Aldridge 14/26 yesterday (most of it before the overtimes) and 5-5 FT...another loss though :@

And you don't hear a peep about a guy that actually deserves it.

I guess because he lost the game either way.

Yeah, you can tell I hate sports media by now. -_-

we all know Lin has holes in his game, but he deserves all the hype right now. he came from nothing, but worked hard and boom! LINSANITY

anyway, things will be normal sooner

or maybe because I'm Asian that's why I'm all for the hype right now

Hey man "Kobe won" 5 rings, clearly he can unapologetically hog the ball all he wants. I am not sure who is more at fault out of Mike Brown or Kobe Bryant so how about we just assume they both fucking blow at offensive logic.

I think that the internet has obviously turned sports hype into sports hysteria. It crossed a very bad line somewhere along the way (I think ESPN's whole next obsession was a big part of it), and no one can keep themselves even heeled anymore. Being excited is fine, beinghysterical is obnoxious and completely unwarranted. Lin has probably saved the Knicks worst offensive position and that is very good. Lin also allows Chandler to set very intelligent screens again, just like Barea did for Chandler last season. Lin rebounds well and gets assists well. On the other hand, he has no three point shot OR mid range shot (so he has probably been overperforming, but even if he has improved to a real shooting rate of 45% that is a nice rate given his flaws!) and has been turning the ball over relentlessly. Energy play should be better than the Mike Bibby/Baron Davis old poo poo platter on defense too. All in all it is an okay storyline but tl;dr fuck the Knicks.

Lakers, I disagree. Any time a player is on a shitty team and it wins and he appears to be the closest thing to the reason, people go bonkers despite any facts that help give better context or say that they are flat out wrong. It helps make matters even worse when the player is goofy/fun loving. This being in NY has made it an even quicker, more zealous reaction as well than say the Tebow or Bradford situations in the NFL the last two seasons.

So, LaMarcus Aldridge 14/26 yesterday (most of it before the overtimes) and 5-5 FT...another loss though :@
Has no one realized that this was Cleveland's offense when Lebron was there? Their entire offense focused around Lebron having the ball.. Mike Brown is a defensive mind, all you are seeing is Cleveland's offense in Laker uniforms

It isn't going to happen, but everyone should really just not even bother talking about Lin for a few weeks. He's hardly proven himself at all and the real test will come when he has to get used to Melo, Stat, opposing defenses knowing his name (and more!), etc.

I'm rooting for him, but honestly I'll be shocked if he winds up being an above average pg.

Lakers, we know Kobe loves playing offense this way (he only cares about winning titles because he wants to be Michael Jordan...due to his massive inferiority complex, he also wants to put up Michael Jordan points though). Mike Brown is to blame as a terrible offensive coach, but Kobe is also to blame.

While the Chicago Bulls and Miami Heat share the spotlight in the Eastern Conference, the Oklahoma City Thunder have stood alone atop the Western Conference standings all season. But their defense has been inconsistent at best, and now, the Los Angeles Clippers and San Antonio Spurs are making a charge up the standings. Further, the Thunder have lost to both the Clippers and Spurs (on the road) in the last two weeks.

Here's the thing: Neither the Clippers nor Spurs has been very good defensively either. The best defensive teams in the West have been the Portland Trail Blazers and Dallas Mavericks. But Portland can't win a close game (see below) and the champs can't get everybody on the same page offensively.

So, with 42 percent of the season over, the West seems to be as wide open as ever. Eleven of the 15 teams have a shot at the playoffs. You could say that five or six have a shot at winning the conference.

The Thunder are still the favorites. They're 11-4 against the other top 11 teams in the West. And don't sleep on the Lakers, who are next best at 9-4 against the other 10 West teams with a shot at the postseason.

How bad is the Nets' defense? Compared to the league average, it's the worst defense of the last 20 years, by a large margin. Avery Johnson's team is allowing 9.6 points per 100 possessions more than the league as a whole. Next worst in the last 20 years was the 2005-06 Sonics at plus-7.9.

*cough* Lin's hype is undeserved *cough*

http://www.nba.com/powerrankings/

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201202/jeremy-lins-no-17-jersey-nbas-top-seller

So, I'm guessing starting next year Lin is gonna be a perma-all star thanks to the immense chinese online votes...kinda like how Yao Ming gets voted every year even though he wasn't even playing half of them. Actually I'm still surprised he didn't get a write-in thanks to china...

If anything, Linsanity at least has a nice effect on the bottom line for teams playing against the Knicks due to an opportunistic "temporary" price increase for seats XD

While the Chicago Bulls and Miami Heat share the spotlight in the Eastern Conference, the Oklahoma City Thunder have stood alone atop the Western Conference standings all season. But their defense has been inconsistent at best, and now, the Los Angeles Clippers and San Antonio Spurs are making a charge up the standings. Further, the Thunder have lost to both the Clippers and Spurs (on the road) in the last two weeks.

Here's the thing: Neither the Clippers nor Spurs has been very good defensively either. The best defensive teams in the West have been the Portland Trail Blazers and Dallas Mavericks. But Portland can't win a close game (see below) and the champs can't get everybody on the same page offensively.

So, with 42 percent of the season over, the West seems to be as wide open as ever. Eleven of the 15 teams have a shot at the playoffs. You could say that five or six have a shot at winning the conference.

The Thunder are still the favorites. They're 11-4 against the other top 11 teams in the West. And don't sleep on the Lakers, who are next best at 9-4 against the other 10 West teams with a shot at the postseason.

How bad is the Nets' defense? Compared to the league average, it's the worst defense of the last 20 years, by a large margin. Avery Johnson's team is allowing 9.6 points per 100 possessions more than the league as a whole. Next worst in the last 20 years was the 2005-06 Sonics at plus-7.9.

*cough* Lin's hype is undeserved *cough*

http://www.nba.com/powerrankings/
The Thunder are at the top not because they are dominating but because they are winning close games. Actually not bad for such a young team. They still have a lot to learn like perimeter defense (esp when Thabo is out) and limiting their turnovers. Other than that, pretty much everything is outstanding. Again, not bad for a team whose key players are a bunch of 23 and 24 years old (they really make the 27-year old Perkins look old).

Re Linsanity - you can't believe what this guy did to my fellow Asian basketball lovers, esp. the youth. In USA, it might be about sales and money, but here in Asia, he gave some hope for these kids. I was in Taiwan the other day, and it's really fun to see kids emulating his nifty right reverse on the left side.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)