Official "I found a bug/have a suggestion" thread (PokeDex)

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
chaos952 said:
I'm not sure if this is a bug... Is it true that abilities like Static, Flame Body, and Effect Spore beat Safeguard?
I dunno. I tested this in 2v2 in game with Rayquaza using Aerial Ace on Wattson's Ampharos, with Latias as its partner which used Safeguard and 3 charms before Rayquaza touches them. I AA'ed it a couple of times, but Static didn't affect me at all. Or maybe the game is acting crazy on me and not paralyzing me

Smogon Deoxys Pokedex

Trying to perform some tests in game on Extremespeed, when I looked up Deoxys on the smogon PokeDex, turns out Smogon doesn't display when or how Deoxys gets Extremespeed... It doesn't even have the word "Extremespeed" on the page o_O

PS: When -does- Deoxys learn Extremespeed??

not sure what words you missed, but a sentence on the hypno advance
analysis is all wrong; its in the opinion section where something has been wrote about grumpig.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
meddle said:
Right but that was what the link was on the page...

/late
Yeah, I was explaining why the page didn't appear to exist, even though it does.

DancerCraft said:
Trying to perform some tests in game on Extremespeed, when I looked up Deoxys on the smogon PokeDex, turns out Smogon doesn't display when or how Deoxys gets Extremespeed... It doesn't even have the word "Extremespeed" on the page o_O

Only in Emerald, and at Level 50 iirc.

In the information for Umbreon and Espeon for the GBA games you should changes evolution notes from Night/Day to AM/PM as there is no night/day system in RSE. Umbreon-AM and Espeon-PM.

norulz

excellent
chaos952 said:
Okay, I came across this in a CC match...

Begin Turn #18
Pichu used Surf!
(22 damage)
---------------------------------
Wynaut used Safeguard!
chaos952 (Random)'s team is covered by a veil!

The sunlight is strong.
Wynaut's Mago Berry restored health!
End of turn #18
sub legendary's Pichu: 100% HP
chaos952 (Random)'s Wynaut: 154 HP

Begin Turn #19
chaos952 (Random) withdrew Wynaut!
chaos952 (Random) sent out Lugia (Lv.57 Lugia)!
Pichu used Doubleslap!
Hit!
Hit!
Hit!
Hit!
Hit 4 times!
(28 damage)
The sunlight is strong.
End of turn #19
sub legendary's Pichu: 100% HP
chaos952 (Random)'s Lugia: 160 HP
sub legendary: LUGIA???

Begin Turn #20
Lugia used Frustration!
(79% damage)
Pichu's Static paralyzed Lugia! It may be unable to move!

Pichu used Doubleslap!
Hit!
Hit!
Hit 2 times!
(14 damage)
The sunlight is strong.
Using Salac Berry, the Speed of Pichu rose!
End of turn #20
sub legendary's Pichu: 21% HP
chaos952 (Random)'s Lugia: 146 HP (Par)
chaos952 (Random): wtf
sub legendary: lol
sub legendary: what can i say
chaos952 (Random): static beats safeguard? bullshit
sub legendary: i love paralysin

I'm not sure if this is a bug... Is it true that abilities like Static, Flame Body, and Effect Spore beat Safeguard?
Safeguard is only good for stat inducing attacks, doesn't affect Static or any other Stat Inducing traits whatsoever, so this isn't a glitch.

in the new pokedex im very disappointed the weakness chart isnt shown for all the pokemon on the information page. it used to have all 2x, .5x, etc. i found it a helpful quick reference for tricky double types

http://www.smogon.com/advance/Furret

this link is broken... and I got there from the advance tiers page
No, it works for me. I clicked the link and it brought me there.

GSC Scizor page has an illegal moveset. The first set has double edge and baton pass listed at the same time, but BP is an egg move and DoubleEdge is a RBY TM. NB also wont load this set.
You're right, it is illegal. for those who don't understand, baton pass (unavailable in RBY) would need to be on the scyther that is traded to RBY. At first, i thought it was legal, but it really is not.

Oh, yeah, where do we go for suggestions of movesets?

Edit:

Deoxys only gets extreme speed in emerald, at level 50.

The RBY movelist is currently using post-RBY statistics and data, making it inaccurate in a number of places. Due to the changes in Power, Accuracy, and rate of secondary effects that were put into place for certain attacks in GSC, as well as the reassigning of a few attacks to different Types and the splitting of Special into Special Attack and Special Defense, several corrections will need to be made to the RBY list. I mistakenly refreshed the window I was typing in when I was up to Tri Attack (serves me right for not copy-pasting into Notepad as I went along), but I've attempted to reconstruct my list of mistakes I've noticed:
  • The description of Amnesia currently reads: "Forgets about something and sharply raises Special Defense." The word "Defense" should be dropped from this description.
  • The Accuracy of Blizzard should be 90%, not 70%.
  • The Power of Dig should be 100, not 60.
  • The Power of Double-Edge should be 100, not 120.
  • The Power of Explosion should be 170 (before Defense is halved), not 250.
  • The Eff% of Fire Blast should be 30%, not 10%.
  • The description of Growth currently reads: "Forces the body to grow and heightens Special Attack." The word "Attack" should be dropped from this description.
  • The Type of Gust should be Normal, not Flying.
  • The Type of Karate Chop should be Normal, not Fighting.
  • The description of Light Screen currently reads: "Creates a wall of light that lowers Special Attack damage." The word "Attack" should either have its first letter in lowercase (and an "s" added to the end) or be removed entirely (the word, not the letter) from this description.
    • This is because, while the current description is technically correct, the fact that the Special Attack statistic didn't exist in RBY means "Attack" isn't part of a proper noun.
    • Lowercasing it (or removing it) also keeps it consistent with the description for Reflect: "Creates a wall of light that weakens physical attacks." Note that "attacks" is entirely in lowercase.
  • The Power of Low Kick should be 50. Its description currently reads: "A kick that inflicts more damage on heavier foes." This entire description should be scrapped and rewritten, as Low Kick's damage is not determined by weight in RBY.
  • The Eff% of Poison Sting should be 20%, not 30%.
  • The Eff% of Psychic should be 30%, not 10%. Its description currently reads: "A powerful psychic attack that may lower Special Defense." The word "Defense" should be dropped from this description.
  • The Accuracy of Rock Throw should be 65%, not 90%.
  • The Type of Sand-Attack should be Normal, not Ground.
    • Oddly enough, Bite had its correct RBY typing, but Gust, Karate Chop, and Sand-Attack were overlooked. I assume it's because the list was was created after the Advance list. An entire Type (Dark) had to be removed in the case of Bite, whereas Flying, Fighting, and Ground are "still around" in RBY, even if they're the wrong Types for the aforementioned attacks.
  • The Power of Selfdestruct should be 130 (before Defense is halved), not 200.
  • The Eff% of Thunder should be 10%, not 30%.
  • The Eff% slot of Tri Attack should be blank. Tri Attack has no secondary effects in RBY.
  • The Accuracy of Whirlwind should be 85%, not 100%.
On a related note, the data on the RBY movelist is currently conflicting, as some attacks are described if used in RBY, while others are described as if used in Pokemon Stadium 1. (I assume this, and all other inaccuracies in the RBY lists, are a result of basing the RBY list off of the list for the Advance Generation.) It would probably be a good idea to decide whether to display the RBY pages as if they occured in the Game Boy games (making RBY the "standard"), to display the RBY pages as if they occured in Pokemon Stadium (making Stadium the "standard", or to attempt another solution, such as giving the GB and N64 separate RBY pages, or somehow including both statistics in the chart, etc. While there are several differences in mechanics beyond those mentioned below, the following are some differences that affect the data shown on the Moves page:
  • Acid has a 10% chance of reducing Defense in RBY, but a 20% chance in Pokemon Stadium. Currently, it is in line with RBY on the movelist.
  • Aurora Beam has a 10% chance of reducing Attack in RBY, but a 30% chance in Pokemon Stadium. Currently, it is in line with RBY on the movelist.
  • Bubblebeam has a 10% chance of reducing Speed in RBY, but a 30% chance in Pokemon Stadium. Currently, it is in line with RBY on the movelist.
  • Focus Energy actually reduces the critical hit ratio of the user in RBY due to a glitch, but functions as intended by the game in Pokemon Stadium. Currently, it is in line with Pokemon Stadium on the movelist.
    • Whether RBY or Stadium is used as the "standard" would affect whether the attack's description described Focus Energy as improving or hindering the user's critical hit ratio.
  • Haze removes only stat changes in RBY, but it removes stat changes and cures status effects in Pokemon Stadium. Currently, it is in line with RBY on the movelist.
While the list is overwhelming in line with RBY over Stadium, it should be noted that the Weakness/Resistance listings for each individual RBY Pokemon currently use the Stadium rule of using both types in a Dual-Type Pokemon, rather than the RBY rule of counting one defending Type at a time. For instance, Venusaur isn't listed with a weakness to Ground or a Resistance against Poison, which it would have in the Game Boy games, but not in Stadium or any game since. Whether RBY or Stadium rules are used also affects how strategies and articles are written; Substitute prevents status effects (and confusion, flinching, all damage from HP-stealing attacks...) only in Pokemon Stadium, while Hyper Beam users get to avoid recharging after missing or making the enemy faint only under RBY. And so on and so on.

I'm done looking up information and cross-checking old player's guides and FAQs for now, but as a final note I'll mention that, given the errors present in the movelist (of which there are probably more that I didn't catch), there may well be similar mistakes elsewhere in the RBY pages. TM compatibility seems like it'd be a possible location for goof-ups, but I'm not up for researching and sifting through 151 different pages at the moment. I bring it up as something to look into.

In conclusion: HI.

When I hit filter non-competitive pokemon, Seadra is still there, and Trapinch disapears.

And yes, trapinch is apparently competitive, as it has strategies written up for it.

Actually, the game does count both types. For example, when Blastoise uses Surf on Omastar, the game will say it's not very effective, but it does neutral damage. It's the message that got glitched somehow.

And...
Haze removes only stat changes in RBY, but it removes stat changes and cures status effects in Pokemon Stadium. Currently, it is in line with RBY on the movelist.
As far as I recall it's vice versa. In the carts, I'm sure a Golbat using Haze against a poisoned Charizard would cure the Charizard's poison (I've seen it happen). I don't know how it works in Stadium.

Actually, the game does count both types. For example, when Blastoise uses Surf on Omastar, the game will say it's not very effective, but it does neutral damage. It's the message that got glitched somehow.

And...

As far as I recall it's vice versa. In the carts, I'm sure a Golbat using Haze against a poisoned Charizard would cure the Charizard's poison (I've seen it happen). I don't know how it works in Stadium.
A glitch in the message? That's the first time I've heard something like that, though that may not be saying much. I've been playing a good deal of Yellow Version lately, and it doesn't seem like it's counting both types; otherwise I wouldn't be able to tear apart Grass/Poison types with Dig. And I mean non-STABed, nearly always OHKOing, from a Pokemon of lower level than the opposing Grass/Poison type. That kind of stuff. Unfortunately, where I am in the game this playthrough is making it difficult to test, and my copy of Blue is currently blank, so I can't develop any certain conclusions at this moment. I will take your word for it.

I was able to check both my copies of Stadium and Yellow; Haze cured Paralysis in Stadium, but did nothing to the same effect in Yellow. I assume it behaves the same for Poison, Sleep, Freeze and Burn as well (I would check them but I've spent overan hour trying to find a place to test dual type weakness/resistance and would really like to play the copy of Mystery Dungeon that arrived in the mail today). So unless Haze works specifically to cure Poison in RBY, I hold it that the move only resets stat changes (Attack, Defense, Speed, Special, Evasion, any that I'm forgetting) in RBY, but resets stat changes and cures status effects in Stadium.

(It just occurred to me that I sound really obnoxious in this post! D: Sorry about that. Essay-writing puts me in that sort of mindset, I guess.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)