Official Halo 3 Thread

So, who's pumped for Anaheim this weekend? I know I'll be trying to watch most of the games shown on the stream. I am pretty excited and hope a team not named Str8 Rippin or Triggers Down wins!

If anyone was wondering, my Anaheim predictions are (originally posted on the MLG forums on October 9, 2009):

"Alright, here are my predictions for Anaheim. I stayed true to my belief in the Str8-TD cycle, but I did stray from my previous prediction of TD 2nd. I didn't have too many major upsets here, besides Carbon beating TD in the Loser Bracket Finals. I also had Classic defeating Final Boss in conso for 5th place, which could be considered an upset as well.

1. Str8 Rippin
2. Carbon
3. Triggers Down
4. Instinct
5. Classic
6. Final Boss
7. Believe the Hype
8. Dynasty
9. Heaven and Earth
10. Status Quo
11. Virtuosity
12. Under the Influence
13. Relapse
14. Active Rush
15. North of 49
16. Swagger Like Us

Note that this is not what I want to happen, but rather what I think will happen. I would much rather see Carbon or Instinct win the event so that the cycle could finally be broken, but somehow I doubt that will happen."

Stream doesn't run smoothly at mine, however does at my mates, Luckily I've got his house keys while he's away this weekend :)

To his tomorrow to watch the Championship match, however....

Updates?

Who's done what I only watched first two matches yest?

Stream doesn't run smoothly at mine, however does at my mates, Luckily I've got his house keys while he's away this weekend :)

To his tomorrow to watch the Championship match, however....

Updates?

Who's done what I only watched first two matches yest?
All higher seeds won first round except BtH, who lost 3-1 to Dynasty. Round 2 had more upsets, with (6) Classic beating (3) Instinct and (9)Dynasty beating (4) Final Boss. Str8 beat Carbon 3-1 and TD beat SQ 3-0. Instinct just beat Bth in placement R2, and SQ beat The Influence in their placement R2 match. Carbon vs H&E coming up next on the stream (placement r2), with FB vs Swagger Like Us happening off stream. Dynasty and Str8 will play tonight on ESPN Saturday Night, while TD plays Classic in the second match of Saturday Night. If you're wondering, the British team (Power Gaming) that came to the tournament lost in WBR2 to Uprising in AM, but have been storming back through the loser's bracket. They just played Uprising again and won 4-2 (being down 2-0 to start from the first series) in the extended series. You can follow them on Twitter here: http://twitter.com/Power_Gaming .

....... And tD wins it. Watced all of the championship Sunday, I really thought Str8 had it until those Heretic Games, oh well. Happy that Dynasty managed to get 4th, Always love a bit of the underdogs.

And what about FB failing to make the top 8?

So, MW2 is starting to frustrate me, and I picked this badboy back up again and put it into my Xbox.

Anyone want to help me get re-warmed up? My BR is abit sloppy, and my nades have got dusty wings, but nonetheless... Halo 3... I'm back baby :)

I'd like to see a team besides Str8 or TD win it, but I doubt that will happen. What I would most like to see is a very close championship match, akin to the Anaheim finals. I kind of want to see Carbon in the Finals, because it would be awesome if Walshy could maintain his streak of appearing in every championship match in the history of MLG.

I'd like to see a team besides Str8 or TD win it, but I doubt that will happen. What I would most like to see is a very close championship match, akin to the Anaheim finals. I kind of want to see Carbon in the Finals, because it would be awesome if Walshy could maintain his streak of appearing in every championship match in the history of MLG.
The Anaheim finals were amazing. I like how everyone bashes the West coast because the team passes didn't sell out, yet Anaheim had the best crowd of any event. I just can't see SK with the endorsement deals over T2. T2 is like the face of MLG, so I'd like to see Str8 win, especially since they're kind of the underdogs this time around.

Im back with my old account Pet Giraffe UK a level 44 colonel grade 2 :(

Rekt did i see you (wwombat) on H3AsiiM's youtube channel, frenzy on Midship?

it just seemed like instead of jumping to avoid a few of the grenade you melee'd them, like the panic response was to hit an old set up's jump, or maybe im reading too much into it

Well, I try to stay grounded as much as possible when avoiding nades because people have a tendency to throw two of them at you, so if you jump to avoid the first one you can't avoid the second because you are in mid air.

And I melee them out of habit for no reason at all, doesn't do anything.

I actually really enjoyed both game plays seeing the set ups basically beasting the whole time. For me, it was nice to see you be patient instead of either just going for a less sure quicker headshot, or just doubling shotting the body, something i've become a victim of instead of actually being consistent with hitting headshots.

I only wish i was that good sometimes.

- also, kyle. get back on halo. MW2 corrupted you

Well, I will be getting back onto Halo soon. I was on it awhile ago but for some reason it was consistently lagging e.t.c

Getting my new ISP on the April 9th, so going to see how that goes.

Also I just hit 10th Prestige on CoD about 5 hours ago, so I haven't got much left to play for on that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)