ORAS NU Offensive Victreebel

Is this a good RMT?

• No. But you'll get better.

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Yeah, and you only get better with time.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. Stop trying.

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Eh, It's in the middle.

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
Hello! I would really like to try a crack at RMT. I would love to get my team rated. And get any suggestions on what to do with it. This is my first attempt at a RMT. I would also like to know how I could improve at RMT.

Victreebel_XY.gif
Victreebel (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
Shiny: Yes
- Stockpile
- Swords Dance
- Synthesis
- Power Whip

I chose Victreebel because of it's nice ability as a mixed attacker. Though I chose a Swords Dance Power Whip Combo. It has decent speed but not the best defences. But it has the ability to learn stockpile. It can do some work if it gets setup right. It won't take to much damage and be able to dish damage back with power whip. And it can always use Synthesis to recover. Don't know about the item though. I was trying to make Victreebel the shining star of my team.
tumblr_static_haunter.gif
Haunter (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Destiny Bond
- Trick
Haunter has always been a pokemon I've liked. I't has nice speed along with amazing Special attack.
Haunter also has a nice ability of levitate. Removing STAB earthquake weakness. I gave it a choice scarf so it could outspeed other haunter and any other possible threats.
images.jpg
Muk (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Poison Jab
- Shadow Sneak
- Giga Drain
- Fire Punch
Muk has always been another pokemon I've liked. It has nice Special Defense along with decent Defense. It has a really good attack stat too. STAB Poison Jab/Gunk shot would not be on my "To get hit by" List. Unless I was a steel type. Not to mention. With poison touch. It has a %51 percent chance to poison without the need for toxic.
217M.gif
Ursaring @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Quick Feet
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Crunch
- Close Combat
- Protect
Ursaring has a nice attack stat at the cost of speed. I've seen dead houses move faster than his default speed stat. But that speed stat gets raised to twice its base stat with Quick feet. Combine that with a STAB facade which will ALSO get boosted by %50 and thats 140 base power. Along with stab. So thats pretty insane.
623.png
Golurk @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Shadow Punch
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt
Golurk. The flying memetron. has an amazing attack stat along with a nice typing. Ground/Ghost gives it immunity to Normal, Fighting and Electric. This typing also gives it stab earthquake and shadow punch, which is nice since it has the Iron fist ability.( If only this pokemon had guts...)
252+ Atk Choice Band Golurk Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Aegislash-Shield: 308-366 (95 - 112.9%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
I like that.
689.png
Barbaracle (M) @ White Herb
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Razor Shell
- Return
- Earthquake
Barbaracle. Despite being ugly as all hell. Has the ability to learn shell smash. Has nice offensive stats and Nice defensive stats. And I want my little barnacle pokemon to be able to take a hit or two. So I gave it a White Herb. While it's earthquake isn't stab. It has a nice STAB razor shell.

Hey Bro,

Nice team you have here, I like that you tryed to build around a Victreebel which is quite underrated as a threat outside of sun (albeit your set is less than optimal), and I think with a few customisation to your team, you can have a really strong core to take on the ladder with. As far as weakness' are concerned, No SR is the big thing right off the bat. No SR = No Bueno in any singles metagame, so it will be the first priority for this team. The Lack of Fighting Type Check is also quite bad, if your lucky, you will end up trading Haunter for the fighting type, however that is a flawed strategy for obvious reason. No Hazards Control mean that you also have no way of beating Spikes stack, and the team is just hindered by SR anyway. No Real Ground Resist, water resist or Psychic Resist needs to be changed as well.

First change I will reccomend is SR Rapid Spin Claydol > Golurk, the main reason for this is because Claydol can provide 2 pieces of utility that Golurk wasn't already, rapid spin AND SR, which allow you to reliably keep hazards off the field of play and actually have them to keep on the opposing side ideally. Claydol also provides your team with crucial Psychic resist and Ground Immunity that it previously didn't have. It's typing and utility far great benefit your team as apposed to Golurk.

Another thing I will suggest is running Poliwrath > Ursaring. The main reason for this call is the fact your water resist is actually Victreebel, which gets killed by the following Ice Beam or crippled into doing nothing, by running Poliwrath, you alieviate this problem, add a water immunty and an Ice resist which can be useful in certain scenarios also.

Also, I would suggest running a different Victreebel set to the one you currently have, Sunny Day + 3 Attacks > Your set. The reason for this is that your current set is far from optimal. Victreebel would be revenge killed so easily thanks to its subpar bulk (even after a few stockpiles) and no strength without a.) Swords Dancing and b.) Outspeeding, which respectively aren't givens. Sunny Day set gives you a much more scary late game sweeper, which after a Sunny Day can threaten a wallbreak/clean rather than just be literal death fodder.

Claydol @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Psychic / Shadow Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 176 HP / 252 SpA / 80 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Focus Blast
- Vacuum Wave
- Ice Beam / Psychic / Encore

Victreebel @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Sunny Day
- Solar Beam
- Sludge Bomb
- Weather Ball

good luck in the future,
~HJAD

Thanks HJAD. I knew something was missing from my victreebel. Thanks for the changes and whatnot. I've always like claydol and poliwrath too. So thats a bonus. :)

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey there The Sweepz ,

So normally when I rate teams I like to just explain weaknesses and teambuilding errors and try to fix as many of them as I can, but after going over this team, I'm going to do something a bit different. I'm not gonna go too in-depth into type weaknesses because the biggest issues I see are mostly within the teambuilding process and strategy of the team, so I'm mostly going to focus on those because I'd have to change far too much if I wanted to cover everything.

Mainly, the issue that sticks out the most to me is Victreebel itself. HJAD already summed up my thoughts on your current set pretty well, but to be honest, I'm not really convinced his set is much of an improvement either, at least for this team. The main issue is that your team still doesn't give any real support to Sunny Day Victreebel at all. Its two strongest moves are completely reliant on sun to be useful, which makes you near useless when sun isn't up, and that's especially a problem when literally nothing else is even running Sunny Day itself.

So with that said, I'm gonna break down the two main routes I think you would benefit most from:
  1. If you want to use Victreebel itself, the best way to support it would be to just use a dedicated sun team. Like I said, the issue with running HJAD's set on this current team is that it serves no purpose other than "being Victreebel." Sun teams are able to give it the support Victreebel really needs to be at its strongest, with the rest of the team being able to set up sun for Victreebel as well as break down specific Pokemon that trouble it. That being said, keep in mind sun is a completely different playstyle than you have currently; it plays differently and uses completely different Pokemon, so only go down this route if you simply just want to use Victreebel. This is a sample sun team with Victreebel if that's the case.
  2. If you want to maintain the playstyle your team has currently, consider replacing Victreebel. I know you built the team around it, but again, I just don't feel Victreebel is cut out for this team in its current state. It's the type of Pokemon that really just requires very specific support, which your team really can't afford to give. Judging from the looks of your set, probably the most relatable Grass-type setup sweeper I can think of is SD + Rock Polish Torterra, which retains Grass STAB and Swords Dance but also provides much more natural bulk without having to resort to Stockpile. Here's the standard set:
@ Lum Berry | Overgrow
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP | Jolly or Adamant
Rock Polish | Wood Hammer | Earthquake | Swords Dance

With that all in mind, if you go with route 2 then your team still has its fair share of weaknesses, which I'll list the most notable ones here:
  • No Stealth Rock
  • Too reliant on Muk to switch into most strong special attackers
  • Too reliant on Haunter to revenge kill / no priority outside of a weak Shadow Sneak
  • Generally limited synergy (very weak to a lot of miscellaneous threats)

My apologies if this rate sounded a bit cold, but I'll leave a couple resources that I hope will help you out. Kiyo made a useful teambuilding guide here that covers pretty much all the basics you need when you're building an NU team, and the NU forum has lots of various threads that should help guide you through NU as well. The Battling 101 program is another useful place to check out if you need help in the tier, where you can be tutored in your teambuilding and playing ability by experienced NU players.

Hello there, pretty cool team.

If you use Victreebel, you should probably have a sunny day setter and change its set up. You also have no hazards/hazard removal. With those ideas, I would suggest Sunny Day Regirock > Golurk and Skuntank > Muk. These two Pokemon can setup Rocks and defog respectively, and Victreebel is given sun support. Skuntank also checks Psychics reliably which look to be a big problem for your team. The Victreebel sun set you should run is:

Victreebel @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Solar Beam
- Weather Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder

Otherwise this is a decent team, hope I helped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)