SM OU Offensive Scarf Drill + Crawdaunt

I decided to make a team around Mega Salamence because I really like the pokemon. I know Mega mence isnt in OU but still wanted to make a team about it. Feel free to leave feedback it would be very appreciated thx.

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Earthquake
Salamence is here as the main mega and I built the team around him. He helps get rid of steel types and is an offensive power house that does a lot of damage. I can usually sweep after 1 ddance unless there are ice types.
Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
Excadrill is here as speed control. He can come in and revenge kill while also setting up rocks. He serves as a clean up and can also be alate game sweeper. Jolly with scarf lets him outspeed pretty much everything.
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave
- Calm Mind
Clefable is here as one of my tanks. She takes care of many threats and can setup calm mind and thunderwave to annoy opponents. However her low bulk allows her to get killed easily sometimes.
Volcarona @ Focus Sash
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
Volcarona is here as a sweeper as well. It has focus sash so it can live a hit and kill the mon in return. I chose giga draint o deal with water types that dont expect it. It comes in handy to surprise enemies and rain teams.
Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
The next pokemon is Crawdaunt. This pokemon is a powerhouse that can 2HKO almost all tanks and is impossible to switch in safely to. Aqua jet can ohko many strong fire types like Volcarona, Blaziken, Infernape, etc.
Rotom-Wash @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
The last pokemon is Rotom. it serves as a hazard remover/tank/passive attacker. Wisp can cripple enemies along with hydro and volt allows it to leave safely while getting chip damage.

The main thing this team struggles with is strong special attackers like Zard Y, and it lacks electric resists.

I find the Sash on Volcarona a little useless not gonna lie. If your opponent sets up rocks then Volcarona loses 50%, losing the purpose of sash. It’s also extremely difficult to play with sash properly. In my opinion, I would switch to leftovers, because in the long run it does more for Volcarona’s impact on the team and the overall game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)