np: UU - A New Beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
And im also one of the people waiting for the suspects to be removed (cough..hurry up....cough...).
Same here, but we can be patient :). I agree with you that Hariyama's most useful abilility is the fact that it is the bulkiest of the fighters, and should be used that way. I also agree with you that those resistances provide lots to Hariyama.

I do have the reason that many run Vaporeon over Suicune though - Wish and Water Absorb. Those moves are exclusive to Vaporeon and help especially on Sandstorm teams that need the water resist. However, this isn't OU, so...

Just thinking, wouldn't Regirock do a good job on Typlosion? Omnastar (you mentioned) and Relicanth also do the job, but wouldn't Regirock also provide the not so quick death to HP Grass. It also get's SR (although I still think Spikes on Omnastar is cool). Relicanth gets a free Head Smash.

Erm... just to tell you before you respond, I am not trying to frustrate you :).

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Actually we really need to get the Suspect test moving as it has to be done by April when new Pokémon are removed from or added to OU.

That or we could just ban Staraptor / Gallade / Abomasnow and be done with it/

No, more like the order of the vote, if doing one Pokemon at a time, or is it more like a large group vote? At any rate what would we do with the suspects? Eliminate them from the UU tier for a month and then vote? Or do we base it on assumptions and observations from what the suspects currently do in the tier.

No, more like the order of the vote, if doing one Pokemon at a time, or is it more like a large group vote? At any rate what would we do with the suspects? Eliminate them from the UU tier for a month and then vote? Or do we base it on assumptions and observations from what the suspects currently do in the tier.
I don't see what the confusion is, it's spelled out on the very first post of this thread exactly what the process is.

Well, looks like we now have a definite date on the ladder reset/Suspect banning: Saturday, the last day of the month. Hopefully my laptop will be fixed by then so I can join everyone in their Suspect-less antics. :(

And so the suspects finally leave tomorrow.

Speaking of which, I need to get rid of my SubRoost Staraptor. Anyone have a viable replacement? I'm thinking Azumarill, but I'm not sure about the set.

Altair

just who is the coon?
And so the suspects finally leave tomorrow.

Speaking of which, I need to get rid of my SubRoost Staraptor. Anyone have a viable replacement? I'm thinking Azumarill, but I'm not sure about the set.
I'd suggest "Azumassassin"

Azumarill@Leftovers
252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spe
Adamant
-Sub
-Encore/Return
-Focus Punch
-Aqua Jet

Sub-Punch Azumarill. It can easily set up a sub, since it threatens a lot of stuff with a 651 Atk priority move. Encore is a bastard of a move if used correctly, and stops CM Espeon and other top threats in Suspect in its tracks. Aqua Jet is an awesome Priority move and hits many frail sweepers.

I've been using this on my suspect team, and its definitely proven its worth.

Oh So go with...

Azumarrill @ Lefties
Adamant
252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
-Sub
-Focus Punch
-Encore
-Waterfall

It kicks the crap out of wallrerin granted you get in when It's not using Toxic. That and encore wrecks set-uppers in general.

Thanks guys. I'll be testing out the EVs from Dragonite's set and the moves from kamikazeking05, as I need more HP than Speed.
Also, I use a Defensive Luxray as an awesome Staraptor counter, and a very good general physical wall as well. In lieu of Staraptor's ban, should I shift some Def. EVs to Sp. Def or Attack?

Encore is hard to pass up on Azumarill, but Aqua Jet is also really useful. With 252 Adamant it 2HKO's offensive mismagius, and in a lot of cases it finishes things that didn't die to focus punch, letting you keep your sub intact (or letting you finish them off instead of having to switch). If they don't have leftovers, it basically brings your focus punch up to 210 BP.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, "uh" Aqua Jet is basically the reason Azumarill is so good lol, it works well with Substitute and for him in general so I'd never discount it entirely.

(No one is going to use Snover just for hail, and no one will bother with Walrein outside of hail.)
Even though you might be right, I wouldn't make such a rash assumption before the test has even begun.

Regardless of what happens, I'm just glad that the testing is finally going to begin. I'm ashamed to say that I've barely played UU for the past week. I'm keen on refining my teams for the new environment, but that's just impossible to do whilst people are still using the suspects.

Encore is a great move as well, however, and not just for stopping Walrein. I've used to it to Pokemon such as Spiritomb and pretty much any Sleep Talker. It's really unfortunate that you can't use both. :(

So new nUU is beginning tonight? I really need to fix my Shoddy before then, for some reason everytime I load it, only the main server shows up, and the connection times out. I've deleted it multiple times, but every time I re-download it, the same thing happens.

So new nUU is beginning tonight? I really need to fix my Shoddy before then, for some reason everytime I load it, only the main server shows up, and the connection times out. I've deleted it multiple times, but every time I re-download it, the same thing happens.
The same thing has been happening to me. You fix it by using the "advance" button. Smogon is on port 50,000 I believe, but you should double check in Simple Questons and Answers. Shoddy also stores it there for you nicely, so next time you come in and see the same problem, you click "advance" and it is already there. So from "advance" select connect.

About the suspectless UU, I have been testing my team to find it's weaknesses. I think I am going to enjoy this new enviroment greatly :D.

I'm surprised so few people are playing UU right now. I would have thought people would want to play it (maybe everyone stopped playing because their best teams had suspects on them). At any rate, I haven't been able to play enough different people to see any kind of metagame change.

Also, I thought that the ladder was being reset, but apparently it hasn't been.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Many people (myself included) have not been playing on UU currently because we know that there isn't too much point in playing with the potential suspects right now, and are simply waiting for when the suspects get removed. I assure you, as soon as the suspect-less metagame is implemented, there will be an influx of players back to the UU ladder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)