Metagame np: Stage 7 - Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
it's not what we need to make a decision, it's what we need before the ban is implemented so we can drop it. we're dropping it when that happens.

and yes it was necessary i'm mad :mad:

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
now that the BP clause is implemented on the server, Combusken is usable in NU again, as it can no longer pass both Bulk Up and speed boosts
Check out this replay to see it in action!
Wait, it dropped? Woohoo i get to use KFC again. Hopefully Venomoth drops as well.

...Why would you want venomoth to drop? It literally is a Lilligant with nearly 0 resistances. I for one, am sick of having continuous suspects/bans in our already threat-laden tier.
Except Venomoth is a lot better than Lilligant. It actually has 5 resistances to Lilligants 4 too but that's not very important. It could very well drop with QuiverPass being banned now, although STAB Tinted Lens Bug Buzz backed up by some Quiver Dances is nothing to mess with either.

Deej Dy

Verified Ladder Scurb 乁( ◔ ౪◔)ㄏ
Except Venomoth is a lot better than Lilligant. It actually has 5 resistances to Lilligants 4 too but that's not very important. It could very well drop with QuiverPass being banned now, although STAB Tinted Lens Bug Buzz backed up by some Quiver Dances is nothing to mess with either.
you misunderstood my post...venomoth has tinted lens allowing nothing to resist its attacks besides the likes of mawile and bastiodon. it would be broken

LeoLancaster

does this still work
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Pretty sure BrandonBeast meant he wanted Venomoth to drop out of BL to UU, there's been discussion on that in the UU community and he's around often.

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
Pretty sure BrandonBeast meant he wanted Venomoth to drop out of BL to UU, there's been discussion on that in the UU community and he's around often.
Well this is talking about the NU metagame not the UU one. And also the fact that Venomoth will drop straight down to NU if it is unbanned from BL makes all of Deej's points valid.

Well this is talking about the NU metagame not the UU one. And also the fact that Venomoth will drop straight down to NU if it is unbanned from BL makes all of Deej's points valid.
This needs to be a decision of the tier leaders. Both Medicham and Gallade were tier leader enforced drops. If they feel like Venomoth requires to drop through tiers naturally(which I personally do), then it will be that way.

Monferno!
So I heard you guys were struggling with klinklang ehhhhh? Well let me introduce you to my little friend!
well it's an amazing pokemon in this meta for a number of reasons!:

• It's cute.
  • It's a monkey.
  • It's a fighting type (I mean who doesn't like them?!)
  • It beats klinklang!
+2 252+ Atk Klinklang Return vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Monferno: 144-170 (43.5 - 51.3%) -- 7.4% chance to 2HKO
I mean look at this amazing calc!
It even has slack off for recovery, will-o-wisp for utility and flamethrower for reliable stab which beats klinklang!
So what are you waiting for?! Use it.

Yeah Monferno's definitely a nice counter to Klinklang but people seem to be little reluctant on using them and even going down the viability rankings, there's a lot of other cool lower ranked solid counters to Klinklang like Torkoal, Frillish, Metang, Lampent, Dusclops, Stunfisk and Shedinja. :p

Last edited:

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life

Will post more on the subject later, but right now I think it's a good time to get some discussion going on before the beginning of the month on what will become one of the biggest threats in NU.
Quiver Dance + Tinted Lens Venomoth will destroy lives.

Venomoth @ Black Sludge
- Bug Buzz
- Substitute
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Tinted Lens
Timid Nature

Notable checks/counters: Fletchinder, AV Magmortar, Mawile, Calm Mind Xatu (off the top of my head - I'm sure others can think of more but the ones listed are among the best).

I also anticipate an increase in usage for Choice Scarf users like Jynx and Primeape who can revenge-kill it after a QD.

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Pidgeot will drop to NU naturally just like Mawile and Pinsir did from NU.

Venomoth will not be coming to NU for now. At the time Venomoth was banned, NU was in its beta and was not an official metagame. Because of this, it was still technically RU and will drop there for now. We could still get Venomoth though quickdrops at the start of September (won't be August because regular tier shifts will be happening then), or through regular tier shifts at the beginning of November I believe, but until one of those happens, we won't be seeing Venomoth.

But isn't Pidgeot in the same situation of Gallade rather than that of Mawile? Before ORAS came out and introduced its Mega Evolution, Gallade was RU, and it was forcedropped to RU again. Why aren't we doing the same with Pidgeot? Much like Gallade, we already know it belongs to NU(PU) from experience, so why are we waiting?

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
But isn't Pidgeot in the same situation of Gallade rather than that of Mawile? Before ORAS came out and introduced its Mega Evolution, Gallade was RU, and it was forcedropped to RU again. Why aren't we doing the same with Pidgeot? Much like Gallade, we already know it belongs to NU(PU) from experience, so why are we waiting?
It is, and we probably will drop it directly back down to NU or PU. I was mistaken.

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Skunk is here. Goodbye you CM Psychics!!!!!! Also, Chan is here, and Shiftry is here.

Rip Cacturne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)