Ninja's RMT

This is my team for Shoddy. Please be kind(no abusive or degrading comments) when rating. Please be aware I DON'T play Shoddy as much as I do Wi-Fi/Local battles which is a different metagame.

Swampert

Ability: Torrent
Relaxed @Leftovers
240 HP / 216 Def / 52 SpA

- Earthquake
- Surf
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

The lead. Swampert seems to be working great as a lead for me, countering many common leads including Metagross. Earthquake lets me deal with the every increasing steals. STAB surf hits anything that resists or is immune to EQ. Stealth Rock as is usual standard for leads and Roar lets me abuse SR damage or to reset any stat boasts.

Generally I try to save Swampy for later as his ground typing lets me switch in on electric attacks which is useful for my special sweeper Starmie.

Spirtomb

Ability: Pressure
Careful @Leftovers
252 HP / 140 Atk / 116 SpD

- Sucker Punch
- Pain Split
- Pursuit
- Will-O-Wisp

Spiritomb is an awesome Pokemon. His main purpose is to switch in on any of his immunities such as fighting or psychic and go for the KO and/or WoW. Sucker Punch has saved me tons of times agains faster and powerful sweepers. Pain Split is some what useful. Pursuit doesnt get much use besides rare running Starmies and Alakazams. I usually use WoW as my first attack unless against a Guts Pokemon or something.

He helps save Porygon-2 and Snorlax from being KO'ed from fighting type moves and the such. He's defeated quite a few Salamences too.

Porygon-2

Ability: Trace
Bold @Leftovers
252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpA

- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Discharge

Porygon-2 is quite amazing. He's mainly there for any Vaporeon, Jolteon, Heatran, Salamence or Gyarados due to Trace. He's also a good user of Thunder Wave, spoiling the plans of Choice Scarfers, Dragon Dancers or Speed Boasters. One of the best Salamence counters IMO.

Recover is a great asset that has saved me numerous times. Discharge is my main attack as is Ice Beam depending on typing.

Kingdra
Ability: Swift Swim
Adament @Leftovers/Life Orb
252 Attack / 252 Speed

- Substitute
- Outrage
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance

Kingdra is greatly under estimated. Sub+Dragon Dance = death of enemy. I often use Kingdra once Salamence/Flygon is gone and process with Sub+Dragon Dance.

Outrage as my main attack after a DD or two, although Waterfall is also used quite abit because I don't get locked into it.

Starmie
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid @Choice Scarf
252 Special Attack / 252 Speed

- Surf
- Thunder Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

Yes, a non defensive and non spinner Starmie, say what you will but Starmie is amazing coupled with Choice Scarf. BoltBeam has great coverage. Psychic for the recent amount of Machamp running around. Surf for STAB that puts a nice dent in Steel types.

No Recover because Starmie is way too fragile, even with defence EV's. Starmie works in tandeem with either Swampert or Spiritomb due to their immunties/resistances.

Snorlax
Ability: Thick Fat
Careful @Leftovers
168 HP / 120 Def / 220 SpD

- Body Slam
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Curse

Forget Blissey! Snorlax is a great special wall that only really fails against anything that has a fighting type move. Body Slam is my main attack, the 30% paralysis is a great bonus and usually wins me the match, especially against Blisseys. Curse isnt used as much as I'd like but it has helped. Earthquake deals with Steels while Crunch prevents me from being walled by Levitating Ghosts. I've been thinking of Self-Destruct > Earthquake though.

If I predict a fighting move, I switch into Spirtomb if it's still alive

Thanks for your time =)

Notes on the full team

Firstly, on Swampert I would run protect over Roar, unless you find Roar highly useful, as protect allows you to serve as a scouter, as well as allow exploding Azelf and Metagross to blow their insides around the room without even scratching you.

Spiritomb looks great =D

Seeing as your Porygon2 already have Thunderwave, I would use Thunderbolt over Discharge, because relying on it's shaky paralysis accuracy rate is not worth it with Twave in your arsenal. Thunderbolt will help you against Bulky Water pokemon and gets KOes on bulkier Gyarados.

Kingdra looks good, although I would use Lum Berry if you are using Outrage as you main attacking force. If you don't like that idea, then use Life Orb, the extra power can net you some unexpected kills, as most Kingdra run Leftovers.

Starmie looks like a great little revenge killer, but I think you should run trick over either Thunderbolt or Psychic. Ice Beam already hits flying pokemon and both those moves hit other specific pokemon. I would recommend keeping Psychic, as your Snorlax and Kingdra already deal with bulky waters and Porygon2 deals with Gyarados so Thunderbolt isn't needed. Psychic however it great for smashing Machamp and Heracross, which once your Spiritomb is down, gives you true issues.

Snorlax is a mash-mashed set, but if it works then cool :) Not sure how useful Curse is, I might run Rest or Self-destruct there, as you have more of a wall Snorlax than a Tank.

Good Luck and remember, try and find a Steel Type! Draco Meteor and Kingdra are big threats here.

Ps. Try a Bronzong Lead for your steel type. I would recommend Metagross, but they die quicker and aren't as good switch in's to Draco Meteors. Snorlax's high SpD already gives you good security against Electric types, so Swampert should not be missed too badly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)