RMT Ninja Goth Spam

Hi, I'm KhosroTheGreat. This is my 1st RMT, so I hope it won't be too bad. I've been playing CAP for a while now and am trying to do more in the forums, since I love CAP so much, and this team has served me extremely well, so I thought I should make an RMT of it.

upload_2014-12-22_13-14-56.png

Black Star (Greninja) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 64 Atk / 244 SpA / 200 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Low Kick
- Gunk Shot
- Dark Pulse
The star of the team (ba dum tss), Greninja uses his new moves from ORAS (Low Kick and Gunk Shot) along with old favourites Ice Beam and Dark Pulse to hit about 99% of the CAP meta. Ninja's good Life Orb-boosted offences and great speed, along with an excellent ability in Protean allow it to threaten a huge amount of Pokémon. Ice Beam allows it to hit a whole ton of stuff, most notably Cyclohm and Tomohawk. Low Kick is preferred to Hydro Pump as it hits Ferrothorn and Colossoil , and Rotom-W already has Hydro Pump. Gunk Shot means Ninja can threaten Fairies, which is essential in CAP, where so many common threats are weak to Fairy. Dark Pulse allows it to hit Ghost and Psychic types, such as Kitsunoh and Mega Slowbro, and generally provides great neutral coverage which allows Ninja to reliable revenge kill a load of things. Now to explain the weird EVs (which I haven't actually tested yet, lel), the 64 Atk EVs allow Ninja to always OHKO 172 HP Colossoil with Low Kick, while 200+ speed outspeeds max speed base 115s. The EVs I was running before was 8 Atk/ 252 SpA/ 248+ Spe, which served me fine, but I think the changes will be better since it means I can KO Colo (which is extremely common) at the price of not being able to outspeed some stuff at max speed, the only relevant of which being Mega Pidgeot, which can be deal with out. If anyone has any better spreads (maybe I should make it 252+ speed and 200 SpA), I'm up for tweaking with this.

SpeedWash (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split​

The team was built around Greninja, because I wanted to test out its new moves, and so slow VoltTurn was a given. Rotom-W is the only real slow Volt Switcher, allowing me to get teammates in without harm and also functions as the teams' Fly-spam counter. Hydro Pump is STAB, allowing it to kill Cawmodore at around 75% and hit Fire types which it has blocked. Will-O-Wisp cripples a load of Physical attackers which have been stopped by Rotom-W's impressive defences and allows it to whittle down opposing Pokémon's HP. Pain Split is very useful, giving Rotom-W a form of recovery and allowing it to take chunks out of opponents at the same time. 44 Speed EVs allow it to outspeed max Speed Azumarril.

Edward (Scizor) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Defog
- Roost
When you think of slow U-Turners, there isn't really anything better than Mega Scizor. Not only does it reliable remove the hazards that annoys VoltTurn so much, it also has a strong priority move in Bullet Punch that threatens fairies even without Attack investment. Roost gives it reliable priority and max HP and Def allow it be a physical wall alongside Rotom-W, most notably against Colossoil, whose Knock Offs and Earthquakes it can absorb and respond with a strong Super Effective STAB U-Turn.

Spam Masta (Talonflame) @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Steel Wing​

Spam Masta has earned not only his name, but his place on the team. Despite a nasty Stealth Rock weakness that the team already hates, Talon's Banded Brave Bird stops many a sweeper, while providing the team with vital speed, power and coverage. U-Turn is necessary. Steel Wing OHKOs Mega Diancie and gives me a way of hurting Rock and Fairy types, as well as a move that doesn't have recoil or switch out. He also lures Cyclohms for a certain someone to eat up later on.

BadgerMole (Colossoil) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn
While I doubt anyone will actually get the reference in his name, BadgerMole is menace in CAP, hitting like a truck with his STABs, absorbing status for the team and providing more of that delicious VoltTurn spam. His Sucker Punch is another vital source of revenge killing, while his slowish U-Turn has been the life source of the next Pokémon along. But, most of all, his typing and Special bulk allow to function as a semi-wall for Specially offensive Pokémon.

Trappar (Gothitelle) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 80 HP / 176 Spe / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Rest
- Trick
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
The destroyer of Worlds Walls herself, Goth absolutely adores the service that the VoltTurners give her, and in return, she takes out walls such as Tomohawk, Cyclohm and Chansey, leaving gaping holes in the opponent's team so that her team mates can rip it apart. In addition, she's always first in line to volunteer for getting sacked once her job is done, leaving other things like Talonflame and Greninja to revenge kill in her memory. Psychic STAB is always great in CAP, while HP Fire takes out Scizor and Ferrothorn. Up until very recently, I was running a slightly different set with max SpD and ChestoResto, with Toxic instead of Trick, but after talking to Animus, I changed it and the new set has been putting in work so far.

So yeah, that's the team, Ninja + Goth + VoltTurn spam, I have loved using it and I would probably go as far as saying it's the best team I've ever made. The only real problem with it is that due to the changes to Goth, I don't have as much Special bulk in the team anymore.
http://pastebin.com/UcVMvk4L

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)