New Zelda game...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
concept art looks cool, but I don't know...link in the future? looks like we'll just have to wait for some actual screenshots or something.

cool idea, too early to judge.

It DOES look nice, but graphics aren't everything...

Link in a futuristic world might be too much of a shock for Zelda, who are used to a medieval environment. It looks like a lot of things that have existed in every previous Zelda game, like monsters(Moblins, Octoroks, etc), key characters, among others don't exist anymore. To be honest this won't be well accepted unless people are used to massive changes or only care about graphics.

In my opinion the use of FF artists is kind of :/. From what I've seen it looks a lot like Advent Children. Could this mean Nintendo is selling out just to have as many sales as FF? I can't answer that.

I did like the intro music though. Wonder if it's in the game :3

I'd have to say my initial reaction is disgust. Link with a gun on a motorcycle named Epona..? This sounds like a bad piece of fan fic that someone is actually running with.

I never really cared for FF or the 'future magical world' setting, so all the FF7ish art isn't impressing me. I'm not really into the whole 'hot topless anime dude with red eyes wearing sunglasses' thing. How the hell did Hyrule even become that advanced?! Shouldn't there be an industrial revolution style Zelda first? I think I'd be more accepting of a railroad and steam powered Zelda title than a laser shootin robohorse chaingun one. I hope this gets canned.

Then again, Nintendo rarely disappoints with Zelda games. That being said, Twilight Princess was basically an apology for Wind Waker, so I don't know if trying to stray from the proven formula so soon is such a good idea.

Well...this is certainly something I'd never thought would happen. Nintendo is actually trying something new =O. Though it does look to be a little too drastic for my taste...

However, I had to laugh at the mention of Link with firearms. If anyone knows about the video game "Shadow the Hedgehog", it looks like Link may have taken a few pointers from Shadow. I wouldn't be surprised if he stopped being a mute in this game and say stuff like "Where's my damn fourth Temple Medallion?"

Oh, and lol at Epona the Bike

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It is a joke. If you watch the video closely, none of the futuristic scenes have link or any zelda-related themes and vice versa. The voiceover at the start wasn't very professional either - but it was a good little prank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)