z=1 if y>o else z=2
w=Winner
l=Loser
Start=1000

Last edited:
Reactions: tab

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
This doesn't seem complete, and I hope it isn't.

First off, s just seems to be the negative version of a, which is kind of odd...

w being equivalent to "Winner" (same with l and "Loser") shows no numerical value, which makes it very confusing when you say "w+a" and "l+s"

As I've seen people say on PS! (and the way I feel), it seems like you're just making this complicated just for the sake of complication.

And, like Antar said in your old thread, your rating system could very well be a better version of the current Elo system; however, you don't have any explanation as to why it is supposedly better.

Also, like Zarel said in your other thread:
There's nothing wrong with trying to improve a rating system, but I should note that our current rating systems have lots of experience and research behind them.

Anyway, you might want to take a look at the GXE announcement thread:

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...layers-overall-rating-than-shoddys-cre.51169/

Notice how it has:

- A detailed explanation of why the formula is the way it is
- An analysis of the disadvantages of CRE and advantages of GXE
- Run simulations, and tables comparing each

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)