SM UU Need help with my UU team

Hello there! I am new to the UU Meta game, i am quite a noob in teambuilding. Can you guys check my UU team and how can i improve it ?
Here is my team :

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- U-turn
- Drill Run
- Fell Stinger

Mega Beedrill is my lead in game and to bait my enemy with U-Turn. Mega Beedrill is a fast physical sweeper when it get a kill with Fell Stinger, Drill Run is for fire coverage, Poison Jab for STAB. This dude is just for baiting my enemy into using a Psychic or a Fire move, i can use U-Turn to change place with Krookodile or Hydreigon for the Psychic and Tentacruel for the fire

Krookodile @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail
- Crunch
- Brick Break
Krookodile is a fast physical sweeper. Earthquake for STAB and Crunch too. Brick Break is just there. Iron Tail is for the fairy coverage. Krookodile is just a sweeper. Nothing really special.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rapid Spin
- Haze
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb

Tentacruel is a rapid spinner + stats resetter for the team. Tentacruel can be either useful for fairy-types or fire type. Tentacruel is kinda an important member to the team because of the Haze. Haze basically reset all the stats of the opponent and yours aswell. This move is very important for the team so i kinda kept Tentacruel until my opponent boosted their pokemon own attack.

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Air Slash
- U-turn
- Sludge Bomb

Crobat is a backup whenever my rapid spinner gone down. Crobat can bait Psychic-Type by U-Turning into either Hydreigon or Krookodile. Crobat can be very annoying with Air Slash since it is a fast pokemon.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Flamethrower

Just a special sweeper. Flash Cannon for fairy coverage, flamethrower for Klefki. This thing is a beast with Life Orb boosts,high speed and its high SpA.

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Clear Smog
- Protect
- Energy Ball

Amoonguss is for a stats resetter and spore user. It can be pretty much annoying because of his Spore. Clear Smog is just for stats reset.

Well, thats my team. I know it kinda bad but you guys can help me point out the flaws of this team and improve this team. Also sorry if my pokemon roles are too short, i am not very good at UU tier and trying to get advice.

Hey, I like how your team is looking but you just need some help with the details. First, Beedrill is ok if you want to run knock off instead of fell stinger because your beedrill is for bait and u turning out mostly that is what i would do 8/10 Drill. Second, Krookodile is good but exchange Crunch for knock off because its higher bp(most of the time) and amazing secondary effect is better. I would Change Brick Break For Stone Edge or Superpower because brick break is super weak and other than that its good 8/10 Krook. Tentacruel , Crobat and hydreigon are fine. Finally, I dont think that Amoonguss belongs on this team as you have a status resetter (tentacruel) and this is a pretty fast paced team. I would run something that does well against scizor especially Choice Scarf Magneton would be nice on this team as you have no good scizor counter (magneton traps and can kill scizor with hp fire) or you could you a different choice scarf pokemon like chandelure would work as it can use a set like this and that is all i have to say if you need any more help just DM me :) Thanks!

Chandelure@Choice Scarf
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball
- Memento
Why Memento ? Memento is basically suicude.

I wouldn't advise Memento on a more balanced team like this, but a few comments:

1. Tentacruel wants to be bulkier. Fast Tentacruel can be good but is a less reliable source of Haze or Hazard Control.
2. Crobat doesn't do great with special attacks. If you want a utility Crobat, you always want Roost and Defog. Super Fang and U-turn are good moves for it, but consider Brave Bird, Taunt or Toxic as viable alternatives.
3. Most Hydreigon use specs. You get worn down fairly quickly with no source of recovery so the 10% from Life Orb can add up.
4. Protect is a wasted move on Amoonguss without Toxic or Leech Seed. Sludge Bomb and Giga Drain are both better attacks than Energy Ball against most opponents, and Toxic, Leech Seed, Stun Spore, Synthesis or Hidden Power Fire can be useful.

Overall though, you're running quadruple poison types, making you very weak to a variety of threats. I would look for utility options that have more defensive synergy. (There's nothing wrong with having attackers share types with walls, but you dont want all your walls weak to the same attacks.)

Hello! I noticed this team is quite odd in structure, so I decided to see what I could do.

Starting off, your team lacked any true form of structure, which led it to being kinda 6 mons slapped together with no synergy. However, I will give you credit in the fact that you were able to make a small pseudo core of Hydreigon and Tentacruel, which I was able to keep alongside Mega Beedrill in the final revision. Another thing I would like to point out, as others here have, is that fact you have 3 poison types. Now, this isn't a major crisis as far as doubling up on types unintentionally happens a lot in teambuilding, and is generally fine. However, Posion is one of those types you don't want to really stack up with unless you absolutely have to have 2. Having 3 or more is just never a good idea though, due to the prevalence of common Psychic types, such as Latias or Celebi. The majority of the team also carried highly subpar or straight unviable sets. Finally, the team also lost to any form of stall teams, as well as overall wasn't suited for the metagame.

I will now suggest you the changes I ended up making:

Major Changes

-->

While a Ground type is pretty much essential to any team these days in the current metagame, the one you had alongside the unviable set was not helping this team at all. Rhyperior offers alot to the team, being the main flying check, handling things like Moltres and Togekiss, while also being your Stealth Rocker and the Ground type, handling things like Mega Aerodactyl to an extent and blocking Volt Switch and electric attacks in general. This greatly improves your matchup vs common Voltturn teams that utilize Volt Switch to gain momentum, allowing you to block it, sap tier momentum, while gaining a little of your own, which is quite important when using Mega Beedrill. Rhyperior also carries Ice Punch to lure Gligar for Mega Beedrill.

-->

When I first clicked on the RMT, the thing that stood out most to me was the Crobat. Crobat made literally no sense, whatsoever, and was very out of place, and overall a waste of a slot imo. The team really needed a breaker / wincon, as well as a backup Scizor check, and Latias / Aerodactyl / Terrakion check. Doublade offered all of these key aspects, which was why I incorporated it in the final result. Doublade's access to Priority helps soften the CM Latias matchup as well as the matchup vs Hyper Offense, which the rest of the team can weaken opposing settup sweepers and then revenge kill them.

-->

Amoongus is really redundant with Tentacruel here. Yes, Amoongus has Spore to provide sleep support and can 1v1 some if not most Scizor variants, bar Buginium Z ones. However, Tentacruel can also check most Scizor variants, especially alongside Doublade, while also checking Primarina same as Amoongus, but it actually can spin Hazards away for the team. With that being said and done, the team had no Hydreigon counterplay, as well as no Stallbreaker. Togekiss slotted in here quite nicely, checking Hydreigon, as well as acting as the team's stallbreaker. Togekiss also provides Heal Bell support, which is always appreciated, and overall rounds off the team quite nicely.

Minor Changes

- Move Change [Fell Stinger --> Pursuit]

While your Beedrill set was fine for the most part, Fell Stinger is an unviable move in general, even on Mega Beedrill. It may sound good in theory, but it is just a bad gimmick that barely works, and overall there are better moves to accompany Beedrill's last move slot. I went with Pursuit here, due to Beedrill's nature to force Latias and Celebi out, which lets it pursuit trap these, as well as other psychic types, such as Reuniclus.

- EV/Item Change

The spread you had listed for your Tentacruel didn't really complement Tentacruel's defensive typing and utility you had it in the team for, which is overall a suboptimal spread. The new spread I suggest is 252 HP / 112 Defense / 8 Special Defense / 136 Speed alongside a timid nature. This spread lets Tentacruel be faster then Nidoking and below, while avoiding the OHKO from Specs Primarina's Psychic after Stealth Rocks damage, and still keeping a moderate amount of defense to check Scizor. Alongside the EV changes, I opted for Icium Z over Black Sludge, as no other member of the team needed the Z crystal, and Tentacruel appreciates not having to take a boosted Knock Off.

- Set Change

The team really needed speed control, as well as the Hydreigon set you had being unviable, led Hydreigon's set to be changed. This is why I opted for Scarf Hydreigon, which gave you speed control, while still maintaining an offensive presence. Hydreigon having access to U-turn and being able to abuse it, forms a nice U-turn core with Mega Beedrill, giving you alot of possible momentum.

Conclusion

Alright, that should be all. If you have any questions about the changes, feel free to ask and I'll try and answer you asap. Click the sprites below for the importable, and I hope you enjoy the team!

(Click sprites for importable.)

Hello! I noticed this team is quite odd in structure, so I decided to see what I could do.

Starting off, your team lacked any true form of structure, which led it to being kinda 6 mons slapped together with no synergy. However, I will give you credit in the fact that you were able to make a small pseudo core of Hydreigon and Tentacruel, which I was able to keep alongside Mega Beedrill in the final revision. Another thing I would like to point out, as others here have, is that fact you have 3 poison types. Now, this isn't a major crisis as far as doubling up on types unintentionally happens a lot in teambuilding, and is generally fine. However, Posion is one of those types you don't want to really stack up with unless you absolutely have to have 2. Having 3 or more is just never a good idea though, due to the prevalence of common Psychic types, such as Latias or Celebi. The majority of the team also carried highly subpar or straight unviable sets. Finally, the team also lost to any form of stall teams, as well as overall wasn't suited for the metagame.

I will now suggest you the changes I ended up making:

Major Changes

-->

While a Ground type is pretty much essential to any team these days in the current metagame, the one you had alongside the unviable set was not helping this team at all. Rhyperior offers alot to the team, being the main flying check, handling things like Moltres and Togekiss, while also being your Stealth Rocker and the Ground type, handling things like Mega Aerodactyl to an extent and blocking Volt Switch and electric attacks in general. This greatly improves your matchup vs common Voltturn teams that utilize Volt Switch to gain momentum, allowing you to block it, sap tier momentum, while gaining a little of your own, which is quite important when using Mega Beedrill. Rhyperior also carries Ice Punch to lure Gligar for Mega Beedrill.

-->

When I first clicked on the RMT, the thing that stood out most to me was the Crobat. Crobat made literally no sense, whatsoever, and was very out of place, and overall a waste of a slot imo. The team really needed a breaker / wincon, as well as a backup Scizor check, and Latias / Aerodactyl / Terrakion check. Doublade offered all of these key aspects, which was why I incorporated it in the final result. Doublade's access to Priority helps soften the CM Latias matchup as well as the matchup vs Hyper Offense, which the rest of the team can weaken opposing settup sweepers and then revenge kill them.

-->

Amoongus is really redundant with Tentacruel here. Yes, Amoongus has Spore to provide sleep support and can 1v1 some if not most Scizor variants, bar Buginium Z ones. However, Tentacruel can also check most Scizor variants, especially alongside Doublade, while also checking Primarina same as Amoongus, but it actually can spin Hazards away for the team. With that being said and done, the team had no Hydreigon counterplay, as well as no Stallbreaker. Togekiss slotted in here quite nicely, checking Hydreigon, as well as acting as the team's stallbreaker. Togekiss also provides Heal Bell support, which is always appreciated, and overall rounds off the team quite nicely.

Minor Changes

- Move Change [Fell Stinger --> Pursuit]

While your Beedrill set was fine for the most part, Fell Stinger is an unviable move in general, even on Mega Beedrill. It may sound good in theory, but it is just a bad gimmick that barely works, and overall there are better moves to accompany Beedrill's last move slot. I went with Pursuit here, due to Beedrill's nature to force Latias and Celebi out, which lets it pursuit trap these, as well as other psychic types, such as Reuniclus.

- EV/Item Change

The spread you had listed for your Tentacruel didn't really complement Tentacruel's defensive typing and utility you had it in the team for, which is overall a suboptimal spread. The new spread I suggest is 252 HP / 112 Defense / 8 Special Defense / 136 Speed alongside a timid nature. This spread lets Tentacruel be faster then Nidoking and below, while avoiding the OHKO from Specs Primarina's Psychic after Stealth Rocks damage, and still keeping a moderate amount of defense to check Scizor. Alongside the EV changes, I opted for Icium Z over Black Sludge, as no other member of the team needed the Z crystal, and Tentacruel appreciates not having to take a boosted Knock Off.

- Set Change

The team really needed speed control, as well as the Hydreigon set you had being unviable, led Hydreigon's set to be changed. This is why I opted for Scarf Hydreigon, which gave you speed control, while still maintaining an offensive presence. Hydreigon having access to U-turn and being able to abuse it, forms a nice U-turn core with Mega Beedrill, giving you alot of possible momentum.

Conclusion

Alright, that should be all. If you have any questions about the changes, feel free to ask and I'll try and answer you asap. Click the sprites below for the importable, and I hope you enjoy the team!

(Click sprites for importable.)
Thanks you. I am new to the UU tier. I choosed Crobat because he is fast and he was my favorite pokemon. I am really noob at the UU meta so my team seems a bit garbage

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)