Nature Search

How feasible would it be to have some kind of search engine that finds movesets that use certain natures?

Lets say for example I am trying to find if there is a moveset that uses lonely. I would be able to select or type in lonely on some kind of search bar and the results would show what Pokemon have movesets that use that particular nature?

How feasible would it be to have some kind of search engine that finds movesets that use certain natures?

Lets say for example I am trying to find if there is a moveset that uses lonely. I would be able to select or type in lonely on some kind of search bar and the results would show what Pokemon have movesets that use that particular nature?
I'm not sure why this would be really useful. Wouldn't you want to go from moveset to nature anyways? It's pretty easy anyways when given a certain nature to name off pokemon who would use that. When I think Adamant, immediately, Tyranitar, Scizor, and Lucario pop into my head. With Timid, I think Latias, Gengar, Starmie, etc. Its just a matter of knowing what pokemon generally use what.

Well, I take advantage of the RNG quite often. I come across low tap sets quite often and I'm not really sure what uses what... that's why I can't just say "Oh, this nature would be used with ____".

Well, I take advantage of the RNG quite often. I come across low tap sets quite often and I'm not really sure what uses what... that's why I can't just say "Oh, this nature would be used with ____".
Some natures like Lonely, which you mentioned are never used. The most common natures are Adamant, Jolly, TImid, and Modest. The rest are generally situational. Beyond that point, it just takes some memorization. Fast pokemon will use Timid or Jolly, while bulkier pokemon will use Modest or Adamant. Defensive pokemon will use Bold, Impish and the like. Like I said earlier, some natures are just not used. Once you determine the useful natures, it gets a lot easier.

I see what you're saying, but I was just wondering if something like that would be plausible even for the "situational natures".

I think it's best to just know what the Nature does. Lonely boosts Attack and drops Defense. It would be good on a sweeper using mainly physical attacks, but a special move as well - say, Dragon Dance Salamence. Naughty may be listed as standard, but I can't think of any reason Lonely wouldn't work.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This really seems like the kind of thing you'd just know. If you don't know what natures go along with what kind of movesets, maybe you shouldn't be RNGing things just yet...

This really seems like the kind of thing you'd just know. If you don't know what natures go along with what kind of movesets, maybe you shouldn't be RNGing things just yet...
Now, now, I wouldn't say that. Before I start RNGing I find what nature I want to look for. Sometimes you can find a low tap, you know? Something you could use and it's ridiculously low that you wouldn't want to waste it?

That Google link is very nice Eric, that will accomplish what I was looking for. Thanks!

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Now, now, I wouldn't say that. Before I start RNGing I find what nature I want to look for. Sometimes you can find a low tap, you know? Something you could use and it's ridiculously low that you wouldn't want to waste it?
I meant that you don't know enough about competitive Pokemon for the IVs of the monsters you use to make a big difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)