SPOILERS! Mysteries and Conspiracies of Pokemon

I know you responded to my comment, BlackButterfree, I just didn't have anything else to say (without explaining my entire headcannon). But I suppose since other's gave their interpretation I'll give mine.

(BTW, to do spoilers on Smogon you used "hide" where you would use "spoiler" in the brackets. I'm actually surprised they don't have an option to put a spoiler/hide tag button on the top edit bar)

When was this mentioned? I it was only Team Flare who were after Xerneas/Yveltal and they were probably looking for them for years.
I liked your headcanon. And thanks for the "hide" trick! ^_^

The previous organization is only mentioned once in Anistar City in both X and Y, every single language. It's by an NPC. I can't remember anything else about them, though.

I'm confused by this. Is this a Pokemon theory or a theory for something else, because I've never heard this before.
It's something commonly found in popular culture.

Common misconception but Miltank can't lay Tauros eggs.
Withing the limitations of the games you're not able to do so. But it's incredibly possible outside of game canon.

Also, the Mandibuzz family could potentially serve as Braviarys female counterpart. What's really unexplainable here is the Hitmon line.

Also, the theory for Ditto's is that they are failed Mew experimentations. Recent locations would put them in the pokemon village...right around where Mewtwo is camping out in.

Also, the theory for Ditto's is that they are failed Mew experimentations. Recent locations would put them in the pokemon village...right around where Mewtwo is camping out in.
Doesn't explain Ditto's presence in Route 34 Johto, Route 218 Sinnoh or the Giant Chasm of Unova though

If all dittos were simply failed mew experiments, there would be maybe 10 tops, but there are seemingly infinite wild dittos, so there must be some way for them to reproduce. ( Mew King's mitosis theory is the most likely so far)

If all dittos were simply failed mew experiments, there would be maybe 10 tops, but there are seemingly infinite wild dittos, so there must be some way for them to reproduce. ( Mew King's mitosis theory is the most likely so far)
Yeah, Ditto is based off of silly putty or chewing gum, or Play-Doh, or amoebas. Safe to assume it just divides itself into two pieces which grow back to normal size and each one goes on about their way. I'm definitely a supporter of the "Ditto is a Mewone" theory.

Perhaps it might be an example of gameplay and story segregation as to the seemingly infinite dittos.

Route 34 in Johto and the Giant Chasm of Unova has no potential explanation, whereas Sinnoh 218 has the transporter from gen 3 games that might have had a crash for all we know that released the pink and blue things. I should bring up that it was only an interesting placement to have dittos nearby Mewtwo rather than anything else.

Perhaps it might be an example of gameplay and story segregation as to the seemingly infinite dittos.

Route 34 in Johto and the Giant Chasm of Unova has no potential explanation, whereas Sinnoh 218 has the transporter from gen 3 games that might have had a crash for all we know that released the pink and blue things. I should bring up that it was only an interesting placement to have dittos nearby Mewtwo rather than anything else.
Well, Ditto can be found in Pokémon Mansion (Yellow/FR + LG) and Cerulean Cave (all Kanto versions), both locations tied to Mewtwo and Mew. In HG + SS, they're again catchable in Cerulean Cave and oddly enough, so is Mewtwo. Same with Pokémon Village in X and Y.

Obviously there are added random locations for Ditto because they're a common Pokémon and a necessity for breeding, so they've gotta be widely available.

And actually, the only Mew(two) related area that Ditto doesn't show up in is Faraway Island, the only known area where you can catch Mew. I suspect that if ORAS lets us revisit that Island, we might find a Ditto or two, but I can't guarantee it.

All I can say is, maybe the first Ditto ever was Mewtwo's mother. The genetic experiments not only destroyed the baby Mew, making him into a monster, but messed with the Mew mother as well. All other subsequent Ditto are divisions of the original, who always watches over Mewtwo and continues to sub-divide, explaining the massive amounts of Ditto everywhere Mewtwo goes. But it's also heavily implied that the Faraway Island is Guyana, which would make the Mew there Mewtwo's mother. ... Maybe his father is the FI Mew?

Headcannon as hell. Anyways I recall a youkai that inspired majin-bu, it could have inspired the replication aspect of the pink blob aside the smiley face aspect.

That ditto mew theory is weak as hell,only relying on stuff people just want to put together in my humble opinion.

Last edited:
The first ditto ever would have been a failed mew clone, inferior but the same stats across the board, on top of both having the move transform at their disposal. Next, the shinies and regular colors for the two of them are the exact same. While the locations may have differed over time, Ditto's connections to Mew and Mewtwo remain undeniable.

Also, Mewtwo was cloned through having Mew give birth within game canon, meaning Mews DNA was taken, and Mewtwo was born as a result, no second parent needed.

The first ditto ever would have been a failed mew clone, inferior but the same stats across the board, on top of both having the move transform at their disposal. Next, the shinies and regular colors for the two of them are the exact same. While the locations may have differed over time, Ditto's connections to Mew and Mewtwo remain undeniable.

Also, Mewtwo was cloned through having Mew give birth within game canon, meaning Mews DNA was taken, and Mewtwo was born as a result, no second parent needed.
Yeah, the games themselves never said it was cloned, just that it was created due gene splicing and that Mew gave birth to it live. For all we know he could have been a normal Mew fetus that was just genetically modified in utero. And even if Mewtwo was a clone, it still doesn't mean that Ditto are failures of that process as. Also if they were clones of Mew, people would probably mention they just were discovered recently. I mean we were specifically told that Porygon, Voltorb, Kling, and Elgyem just recently came about and most of these have connections to artificial origins (or just aliens) so why not say the same thing about Ditto?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Triert:
Yeah, while in the games Miltank can't lay Tauros Eggs I think they should be allowed to. Same for Mandibuzz for Rufflet eggs. As for the Hitmons, Sawk, and Throh, that is a headscratcher. Well they're all in the Human-Like Egg Group, so obviously there mate would have to be in that Egg Group as well. Jynx could maybe be an option for them if you want to strictly have their mate be female only. Other options I can see is Medicham and Gothitelle, though they're not female only species.

And Ditto is not from failed Mew/Mewtwo experiments. Maybe SOME are, like a handful, but I think for the most part Ditto are natural. I can imagine Ditto being descendents of Mew who failed to evolve into another species and ended up as blobs of DNA, able to transform but unable to keep their new form permanently. And from there they also gained the ability to reproduce their numbers by mitosis.

Yeah, Ditto is based off of silly putty or chewing gum, or Play-Doh, or amoebas. Safe to assume it just divides itself into two pieces which grow back to normal size and each one goes on about their way. I'm definitely a supporter of the "Ditto is a Mewone" theory.
Well it's confirmed one inspiration for Ditto is the smiley emoticon, but I suppose that would fall under a design inspiration and not mechanic. I think they may have just wanted a Pokemon that was able to transform into the opponent they're facing and chose the base form to be something formless and simple. Also I'd say that maybe a Slime from Dragon Quest could have also possibly inspired Ditto.

Oh, I dug up another bullet point, both mew and ditto weigh the same. I'll agree with your second paragraphs point, but there's just simply too much coincidence and evidence to deny that the pokemon wasn't initially human engineered.

!!!

I just thought of something, what if the reason certain pokemon are only catchable in different versions as a storyline reason is because they were the ones sacrificed to power AZ's ultimate weapon? If not sacrificed, driven to extinction as a result?

Last edited:
Oh, I dug up another bullet point, both mew and ditto weigh the same. I'll agree with your second paragraphs point, but there's just simply too much coincidence and evidence to deny that the pokemon wasn't initially human engineered.
The key word is coincidence since it has been officially stated that Ditto is not a failed Mew clone.
Also, let's look at some of the facts:
Yeah, the 8.8 lbs feel exact, but the original Japanese weight is 4.0 kg. Repeating such an round number isn't that unusual. In Gen I, there was Bellsprout and Shellder, both at 8.8 lbs/4.0 kg. There is also Seedot and Victini. There are other such numbers that repeat (a popular height is 4' 11''/1.5m).
The color scheme isn't that unusual either. There are many pink Pokémon, especially in the first generation (Jigglypuff, Clefairy, Chansey, Slowpoke, Exeggcute, Lickitung, Porygon, Mr. Mime). Hell, without trying, half of my main team is pink (Chansey, Sylveon, Slowbro) with two more being purple (Gliscor, Goodra)! Also, pink Pokémon often turn blue when they are shiny (Sylveon, Slowbro, Miltank, Corsola, Porygon). And some blue ones turn pink/purple (Swampert, Quagsire, and likely more. There are a lot of blue Pokémon).
Yeah, they do show up whenever and where ever Mewtwo does. Yeah, it is interesting that only Mew and Ditto can learn Transform. But we are seeing way more than there actually is.
I still love this theory, though.

Smeargle can learn Transform too, Smeargle is a failed Mew clone

One problem with Mew giving live birth to Mewtwo is that Pokemon don't give live birth. Not even supposed mammals. That's why I think those journals were wrong.

Smeargle can learn Transform too, Smeargle is a failed Mew clone

One problem with Mew giving live birth to Mewtwo is that Pokemon don't give live birth. Not even supposed mammals. That's why I think those journals were wrong.
Or was simply written before GF had an idea of how Pokémon breed and were too obsessed with making FRLG accurate to the original games to change the diaries.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I just thought of something, what if the reason certain pokemon are only catchable in different versions as a storyline reason is because they were the ones sacrificed to power AZ's ultimate weapon? If not sacrificed, driven to extinction as a result?
I don't think AZ sacrificed so many Pokemon it drove some to extinction. The reasons there are versions exclusive is to encourage people to trade, it's a metagame concept and there's no way to really explain it any other way. In-world, you technically can catch both version exclusives in the same area which is why you see NPC trainers using the other version's version exclusive.

Or was simply written before GF had an idea of how Pokémon breed and were too obsessed with making FRLG accurate to the original games to change the diaries.
And the term give birth doesn't necessarily have to mean Mew literally gave birth to a baby Mewtwo, just Mewtwo was derived from Mew. (which is always correct, scientists experimented and recombined Mew's DNA to create the more powerful and savage but less diverse Mewtwo) Granted, Game Freak STILL hasn't done anything about the likes of Cubone's Pokedex entry and how it wears the skull of its dead mother and such when Cubone hatch with their skull helmet and the mother Cubone/Marowak still lives. (or is a Ditto which is still alive to breed with whatever other breedable Pokemon you stick in with it)

Since technically nobody does know how pokemon breed, it is possible that some give live birth under certain conditions. Also, the fact that mew can't/dosen't produce eggs in the day care could mean that mew might infact give live birth.

Perhaps that is what most legendaries do: give live birth. That requires a lengthy gestation period, which is just one more reason why legendaries won't breed in captivity.
There is only the question of Manaphy since we know they come in eggs. Also, why do Manaphy in captivity produce Phione?

There is only the question of Manaphy since we know they come in eggs. Also, why do Manaphy in captivity produce Phione?
Maybe its like regular pokemon where breeding produces the lowest stage of the evolutionary family, except Phione's evolution method is impossible (at least, while in a trainer's party).

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Detective Barricade:
It's still a bit of an odd the way they worded it. Also note Mewtwo's Pokedex entries in the original Gen I games:

Mewtwo Gen I Dex Descriptions said:
It was created by a scientist after years of horrific gene splicing and DNA engineering experiments.
To me that sounds like the took Mew's newborn and experimented on it. Gen II makes no mention of Mewtwo's creation (besides Crystal saying it was "created solely for battling"). However Gen III had some oddities with its Mewtwo dex descriptions. RSE and LeafGreen stuck with the gene splicing and DNA manipulation story, but FireRed had a new dex description:

Mewtwo Gen III Dex Descriptions said:
Ruby & Sapphire: Mewtwo is a Pokemon that was created by genetic manipulation. However, even though the scientific power of humans created this Pokemon's body, they failed to endow Mewtwo with a compassionate heart.
Emerald: A Pokemon that was created by genetic manipulation. However, even though the scientific power of humans made its body, they failed to give it a warm heart.
LeafGreen: It was created by a scientist after years of horrific gene-splicing and DNA-engineering experiments.
FireRed: A Pokemon whose genetic code was repeatedly recombined for research. It turned vicious as a result.
FireRed is the first to pretty much say Mewtwo was made from Mew's genes. Not admittedly the other dex entries are ambiguous about exactly what kind if gene slicing and DNA experiments went on. They could have experimented on a newborn Mew/Mew Egg or they could be messing around Mew's genes. However a thing to note about FireRed's dex entry specifically mentioning the recombining is that most of Mewtwo's future dex entries talking about its creation mention it was made from recombining Mew's genes and nothing on the gene splicing and DNA manipulation (except for those entries which were copy & pasted from old dex entries like X's and ORAS).

Also, the dub of Origins changed the wording of the Pokemon Mansion journal entries (the Japanese kept them the same):

Pokemon Mansion Entries said:
Original: A new Pokemon was discovered deep in the jungle.
We christened the newly discovered Pokemon, Mew.
Mew gave birth. We named the newborn Mewtwo.
Mewtwo is far too powerful. We have failed to curb its vicious tendencies...
Origins: Today, while on our journey through the densest part of the jungle, we were surprised to discover a new Pokemon.
We decided to name the recently discovered Pokemon Mew.
From the potential within Mew, we have managed to create an entirely new Pokemon: Mewtwo.
It has become far too strong. It is beyond even us now.
The dub made it more clear Mewtwo was created and not born from Mew. Actually, rereading it makes it sound like the scientists impregnated Mew, ew.

Mewtwo being a clone is the current canon, I don't think anyone is denying that. All I'm saying ORIGINALLY it sounded like maybe they had another idea for Mewtwo's creation, maybe even going along the lines of how actual cloning is done (FUN FACT: Originally there was going to be a Pokemon based on Dolly the clone sheep, however they felt that would be too controversial. Dolly was created by taking an egg from one sheep, a mammary gland cell from a second sheep, and carried to term by a third sheep. So while they scrapped the Dolly Pokemon, they could have possibly kept the real cloning process and quietly recycled it as Mewtwo's original origin).

Anyway, as for Cubone, maybe there could be a bit of truth to its Dex description. Maybe while not directly its mother's skull and femur, a newborn Cubone skull and bone club maybe are external skeleton which shape matches that of its mother's skull and femur. As for Cubone's mother dying, maybe WaffleTitan has an idea that for some Pokemon they can give live birth. Pokemon Eggs always seemed a bit... artificial, at least the Eggs that we know. Maybe people found a way to artificially stimulate a Pokemon to reproduce that is not the natural way they reproduce. Pokemon in the wild would still mostly need to rely on their natural reproduction methods and maybe its those Marowak who die upon giving live birth and Cubone mourning their deaths.

Perhaps that is what most legendaries do: give live birth. That requires a lengthy gestation period, which is just one more reason why legendaries won't breed in captivity.
Possibly, also it could be the way Legendaries breed can't be done artificially or they just outright refuse to breed in captivity. Many Legendaries are also long living, they don't really need to breed that often, maybe once every century just to have a backup just in case something happens to them and they need to be replaced.

Hmm, are we sure the "Manaphy Egg" us an Egg? It doesn't look like a normal Egg, and when bred in captivity they produce normal Eggs that create Phione.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)