SPOILERS! Mysteries and Conspiracies of Pokemon

I interpreted it as the grandmother being the elder on top of mt pyre, and still being alive. So phoebe would be visiting her alive. (And I'm American)

For some reason I recall the grandmother being alive and well in some dialogue in the original game. Is that true or am I remembering wrong?

The grandmother disappears after Groudon/Kyogre's little freak-out in OR/AS (in RSE, she remains there, hinting that she survives in the non-Mega universe).
When you battle Phoebe the first time only, a ghost girl shows up for a split second just before the battle screen appears.
If you go to Mt. Pyre after this, not only is Phoebe's grandmother (who is confirmed to be the Orb lady) missing, but Phoebe is talking to her near some graves. She's nowhere to be seen, and Phoebe's already established that she can communicate with ghosts.

You don't have to be Japanese to notice the obvious. (I'm American) Her grandmother is dead. But the ghost girl isn't necessarily her grandmother. It could be her sister. In the Pokémon Adventures manga, Phoebe has a deceased younger sister. And we've already gotten references in OR/AS to the anime, manga and even Twitch Plays Pokémon.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Oh, wow, I didn't notice that little detail! I knew the old lady who gave you the orb was her grandmother but I didn't realize until now she went missing (well, actually I sort of did, but I didn't put it together until now). Wonder what did her in, I don't think it would be the weather warping effect of Groudon/Kyogre since it didn't get that far and we stopped it from becoming bad. Maybe the incident with Team Magma/Aqua was too much for her? Good going Maxie/Archie, you gave an old woman a heart attack! Well, at least she can still talk with her granddaughter time to time (and I think her husband isn't too far from joining her, not like they have any orbs left to protect now that I have them. Suggest the old guy should spend his final days/weeks/months/years relaxing somewhere nice).

That said, I don't think the ghost girl is her grandmother. Why wouldn't she appear as her grandmother instead of a I think it was a Fairytale Girl? I never knew about her having a dead sister in the manga, but is that why the ghost is there? I mean, why is there a random ghost in the Pokemon League. Is she related to Phoebe and visiting her? Did a little girl die in Ever Grande city sometime in the past and now her spirit haunts the place and Phoebe is the only one that can talk to her? Unfortunately the game never makes mention of her so I guess we'll never really know (and do we really need another ghost mystery? We're still trying to figure out what that Hex Maniac ghost wants).

BTW, has anyone found if Glacia appears anywhere post game? It seems odd that every Gym Leader and Elite Four appear outside of their "boss room" in the post game except for her. I thought she'd be in the Shoal Cave but didn't find her in there.

Oh, wow, I didn't notice that little detail! I knew the old lady who gave you the orb was her grandmother but I didn't realize until now she went missing (well, actually I sort of did, but I didn't put it together until now). Wonder what did her in, I don't think it would be the weather warping effect of Groudon/Kyogre since it didn't get that far and we stopped it from becoming bad. Maybe the incident with Team Magma/Aqua was too much for her? Good going Maxie/Archie, you gave an old woman a heart attack! Well, at least she can still talk with her granddaughter time to time (and I think her husband isn't too far from joining her, not like they have any orbs left to protect now that I have them. Suggest the old guy should spend his final days/weeks/months/years relaxing somewhere nice).

That said, I don't think the ghost girl is her grandmother. Why wouldn't she appear as her grandmother instead of a I think it was a Fairytale Girl? I never knew about her having a dead sister in the manga, but is that why the ghost is there? I mean, why is there a random ghost in the Pokemon League. Is she related to Phoebe and visiting her? Did a little girl die in Ever Grande city sometime in the past and now her spirit haunts the place and Phoebe is the only one that can talk to her? Unfortunately the game never makes mention of her so I guess we'll never really know (and do we really need another ghost mystery? We're still trying to figure out what that Hex Maniac ghost wants).

BTW, has anyone found if Glacia appears anywhere post game? It seems odd that every Gym Leader and Elite Four appear outside of their "boss room" in the post game except for her. I thought she'd be in the Shoal Cave but didn't find her in there.
Well, it's long been theorized that when someone elderly dies, they revert back to their youthful appearance. Anywhere from a child all the way to a young adult. That could explain why she now has a Twin Girl model. Also, I made a reply to you on the last page regarding the Mew mystery and how the legendaries are related to each other.

One mystery I have; who is the organization that was after Xerneas/Yveltal a few years before the events of X and Y? It's thought by some fans to be Team Plasma due to the fact that someone on Route 10 mentions Colress in relation to the stones, but since that person was a Backpacker and most likely a tourist, it's possible Colress has never even seen the stones in person. And while Ghetsis would most certainly make use of Yveltal to rule Unova, the organization in question also sought Xerneas, and Ghetsis would have no need for the Life Pokémon. Unless he wanted to make himself immortal or something.

Well, it's long been theorized that when someone elderly dies, they revert back to their youthful appearance. Anywhere from a child all the way to a young adult. That could explain why she now has a Twin Girl model. Also, I made a reply to you on the last page regarding the Mew mystery and how the legendaries are related to each other.

One mystery I have; who is the organization that was after Xerneas/Yveltal a few years before the events of X and Y? It's thought by some fans to be Team Plasma due to the fact that someone on Route 10 mentions Colress in relation to the stones, but since that person was a Backpacker and most likely a tourist, it's possible Colress has never even seen the stones in person. And while Ghetsis would most certainly make use of Yveltal to rule Unova, the organization in question also sought Xerneas, and Ghetsis would have no need for the Life Pokémon. Unless he wanted to make himself immortal or something.
Knowing Ghetsis, he definitely would've liked to use Xerneas to make himself immortal, so that he could rule indefinitely. I mean, I was under the impression that Ghetsis did everything he did just for power.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I know you responded to my comment, BlackButterfree, I just didn't have anything else to say (without explaining my entire headcannon). But I suppose since other's gave their interpretation I'll give mine.

(BTW, to do spoilers on Smogon you used "hide" where you would use "spoiler" in the brackets. I'm actually surprised they don't have an option to put a spoiler/hide tag button on the top edit bar)

The universe starts as a mass of chaos.
Arceus is created from the chaos and with him time began to flow and space began to fold. From these two powers it created Dialga to maintain time and Palkia to maintain space. Knowing that the universe needs balance, it created the Distortion World to act like a counterbalance to timespace and created Giratina as its guardian.
So with those set in place, the universe starts to settle and Arceus creates the Pokemon World, creating Mt. Coronet as its resting place. In order to populate this world it would need to give its inhabitants emotions, willpower, and knowledge so created the Lake Guardians.
With that done is creates the Mew species to evolve and populate the world (and the outer reaches of the universe if they wish) as it then goes to rest.
The Pokemon World is a young and chaotic place, many of Mew taking to the seas which are mostly calm. Around this time the first few Mew evolutions began, specifically sticking with Legendaries I would say some in the seas became Manaphy while some on land would become Heatran.
Time passes and eventually the Pokemon World calms itself but its geography has no order to it. Arceus awakens and creates Groudon to form the land while also creating Kyogre to form the sea, creating Rayquaza to oversee the two from above. Arceus falls back to sleep once more as the Weather Trio work, but is awoken latr to find Groudon and Kyogre had got into a fight and needed to be stopped by Rayquaza (this is not the battle spoken of in ORAS, this is ancient history). Groudon and Kyogre had done their job though and the land and seas have been mostly formed. Arcues creates Regigigas to pull around the continents to the locations it wants them to be place, once again falling back to sleep.
Years pass and we go through the prehistoric age where Mew start evolving into the fossil Pokemon (including Genesect who would in modern day be modified by Team Plasma). Arceus awakes to find the planet is in a stagnant state of things not dieing or reproducing. It creates Xerneas and Yveltal to start the natural life cycles, allowing Pokemon to die and reproduce. Not making the same mistake it did with Groudon and Kyogre, it creates Zygarde to ensure the two don't conflict with one another. Arceus goes to sleep once more as time passes on, eventually another being comes into existence parallel to Pokemon: people.
Arceus awakens to see these new beings and sees potential within them to make the Pokemon species even stronger. It lays down the rules between Pokemon and human interaction. During this time it starts assigning the powerful Legendaries to watch over the relation of people and Pokemon. It creates Lugia and Ho-Oh in the Johto region (and Kanto, Arcues probably seems them as one giant piece of land instead of two separate regions) while creating the Kyurem as the Original Dragon in Unova. For Hoenn it reawakens the Weather Trio (which doesn't work out so well, at least with Groudon and Kyogre which Rayquaza needed to seal away) and for Kalos it assigns the Mortality Duo (+ Zygarde) with that task. It once again falls asleep (and later in modern times it'll be awakened by the player character and battle/caught. But being a god it's not really caught but just its avatar, and it probably allies it sensing the strength of the trainer and maybe curious to see the Pokemon World by the way of people and the normal Pokemon it had created. But that's a theory for another time).
All the other Legendaries are evolved from Mew for one reason or another. I can list them if you're curious but I just wanted to get the ones Arceus created out of the way.

When was this mentioned? I it was only Team Flare who were after Xerneas/Yveltal and they were probably looking for them for years.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Well, it's long been theorized that when someone elderly dies, they revert back to their youthful appearance. Anywhere from a child all the way to a young adult. That could explain why she now has a Twin Girl model.
I'm confused by this. Is this a Pokemon theory or a theory for something else, because I've never heard this before.

I don't think any other team was involved in hunting down yveltal or xerneus prior to team flare (at least in the recent past). If there was some reference to this I totally missed it.

And also I cannot say that I think the little ghost girl has any connection to the grandmother.

While there may have been references to the anime, manga, and the great lord Helix, any direct links to any of these established canons are not cemented. ORAS is unique in that it's ensured the game canon as being stronker than ever before.

One mystery I have; who is the organization that was after Xerneas/Yveltal a few years before the events of X and Y?
Because of the current Mega timeline pokemon is in right now, and with Diamond and Pearl remakes coming up next, Galactic or Plasma are likely to have the Letterdarys in mind should we see a remake of 4th gen.

Because of the current Mega timeline pokemon is in right now, and with Diamond and Pearl remakes coming up next, Galactic or Plasma are likely to have the Letterdarys in mind should we see a remake of 4th gen.
No, Galactic will still be after Dialga/Palkia while Team Plasma will have Reshiram and Zekrom in their sights. (though they'll still only 'secure' the aid of one while the player gets the other) Xerneas/Yveltal/Zygarde are extremely unlikely to be of any focus to these groups.
Still Team Flare. Lysandre didn't just suddenly get interested in tracking Xerneas/Yveltal's dormant forms the day the player starts their journey. Given how well set up Team Flare HQ is beneath Geosenge and able to trigger the Ultimate Weapon from Lysandre Labs in Lumiose, Lysandre has been searching for Xerneas/Yveltal to power the weapon for years now. Fans forget that Colress hasn't always been associated with Team Plasma, so it's extremely likely he wasn't with them if/when he visited the stones near Geosenge.

Generation 1 was remade in gen 3 because RSE was supposed to take place during the same time frame as RBY.

Gen 2 was remade in gen 4 because GSC was supposed to take place in the same time frame as DPPt.

The implications of a gen 3 remake (although ORAS is in a different universe) means that gen 6 Hoenn takes place at a much later time period than gen 3 Hoenn.

Addition: this explains why your character looks older in ORAS than in RSE. This also helps to explain Mauville's complete overhaul.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Generation 1 was remade in gen 3 because RSE was supposed to take place during the same time frame as RBY.

Gen 2 was remade in gen 4 because GSC was supposed to take place in the same time frame as DPPt.

The implications of a gen 3 remake (although ORAS is in a different universe) means that gen 6 Hoenn takes place at a much later time period than gen 3 Hoenn.
I personally believe you're overthinking this a bit. From what I understand, the original remakes were created because we needed access to Gen I Mons after the semi-reboot caused by Ruby and Sapphire's data overhaul (and to probably tide over some older fans, since from what I've read Gen III is when Pokemania started to die out), while HeartGold and SoulSilver were done because FireRed and LeafGreen were popular enough (they're the 2nd best selling GBA titles) and because free money. We'll probably get Gen IV remakes eventually since again free money on top of the fact that the experience needs to be improved (too much loading), but it probably won't happen until next Gen due to us getting ORAS.

Concerning the timeline, I'm pretty sure it's the same because Zinnia flat-out tells us the ORAS is an alternate universe to the originals. Though we still have wonky stuff like Genesect's drives somehow existing even though BW come way later and it was implied that Genesect's creation was recent to those games.

Addition: this explains why your character looks older in ORAS than in RSE. This also helps to explain Mauville's complete overhaul.
I... don't think that's why they were remade when they were. The whole 'taking place at the same time as the current region' thing has generally been the excuse to let the remakes trade with the current generation's region. And before someone points out the broadcast about the red Gyarados in the Lake of Rage when you first start the Sinnoh games, it's not a real solid connection as to when D/P/Pt takes place. We don't know when the team went to investigate, other than some point after the incident.

I... don't think that's why they were remade when they were. The whole 'taking place at the same time as the current region' thing has generally been the excuse to let the remakes trade with the current generation's region.
I'm well aware of why the remakes were made.

Interesting unrelated thing: Pokémon Gold and Silver were originally supposed to be called "Pokémon 2", as they're supposed to be direct sequels to the gen 1 games.

This might have been covered already, but how do populations of male-only Pokémon survive? They can't produce more of their own kind without a Ditto, and it's not like there's a Ditto in every single area...

This might have been covered already, but how do populations of male-only Pokémon survive? They can't produce more of their own kind without a Ditto, and it's not like there's a Ditto in every single area...
My best answer would be that male-only Pokémon are mutations from already existing Pokémon.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Um, we know the timeline:

And it's been confirmed the remakes don't change its position, they simply take the place of the original. For those having problems reading the tweet:

Gen I and Gen III happened first & at the same time.
Gen II and Gen IV happened 3 years afterwards & at the same time.
Gen V happened an unknown time afterwards.
Gen V2 and Gen VI happened 2 years afterwards & at the same time.

Good question, I can't really think of an answer. Well we know some Pokemon are partnered with another Pokemon who are able to lay an Egg of that species (Nidoran (f) can lay eggs of both Nidoran genders, Miltank can lay Tauros eggs, Illumise can lay Volbeat eggs) so maybe every male Pokemon has a female equivalent that can lay eggs of their species and we just haven't figured out them all. Looking through the list of male only Pokemon, the only ones with this problem are the Hitmons, Throh, Sawk, and the Rufflet family.

Good question, I can't really think of an answer. Well we know some Pokemon are partnered with another Pokemon who are able to lay an Egg of that species (Nidoran (f) can lay eggs of both Nidoran genders, Miltank can lay Tauros eggs, Illumise can lay Volbeat eggs) so maybe every male Pokemon has a female equivalent that can lay eggs of their species and we just haven't figured out them all. Looking through the list of male only Pokemon, the only ones with this problem are the Hitmons, Throh, Sawk, and the Rufflet family.
Common misconception but Miltank can't lay Tauros eggs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)