My First War - Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first ever attempt at a war story, so I chose a match that wasn’t too ‘haxy’ and was fun to contest. All criticism is welcome so I can write better stories in the future. This match was towards the start of a fairly new team, focusing on my lead pairing of Togekiss and Gliscor to set up rocks, and use trick on the appropriate match up. These are backed up by 4 sweepers/ wall breakers. Unfortunately for me I didn’t get to test the full team in this battle, but it gave a certain couple of my Pokémon a chance to shine. I Hope everyone can enjoy the story.

My Team:

1. Togekiss

2. Gliscor

3. Hitmonlee

4. Azelf

5. Absol

6. Breloom

Rules:
Ladder Match
Sleep Clause
Freeze Clause
OHKO Clause
Evasion Clause
Species Clause
Strict Damage Clause

Writing in red signals events affecting/carried out by me (UU Disaster), writing in blue signals the same for my opponent (hanya)
Will show the HP of each Pokémon + conditions at the end of each turn and narrate each turn as required. The opponent’s team will be revealed in full at the end.

UU Disaster sent out Togekiss (lvl 100 Togekiss).
Hanya sent out Weebo (lvl 100 Weavile).
Weebo is exerting its pressure!

This is not a good match up for me. The problem here is my weakness to Ice moves, so I had a choice to make, I either stay in as I'm Choice Scarfed and go for the Paralyse of Thunder Wave and then switch or switch now.

UU Disaster switched in Hitmonlee (lvl 100 Hitmonlee).
Weebo used Fake Out.
Hitmonlee lost 33% of its health.

I opted for the switch into my Choice Scarf Hitmonlee, who can OHKO and outspeed Weavile with Close Combat, I didnt expect the Fake Out, but its better for Hitmonlee to take the hit than Togekiss who I would like to keep as healthy as possible.

Hitmonlee 66%
Weebo 100%
---
Hitmonlee used Close Combat.
It's super effective!
Weebo lost 100% of its health.
Weebo hung on using its Focus Sash!
Hitmonlee's defence was lowered.
Hitmonlee's special defence was lowered.
Weebo used Taunt.
Hitmonlee fell for the taunt!

I go for broke at Close Combat, expecting the KO but the Weavile holds a Sash, I guess I could have seen it coming but it doesn't matter so much as his turn was pretty much wasted with the Taunt, I figured he didn't expect the speedy Hitmonlee. Atleast next turn im guarenteed the KO so 1 troublesome foe will be taken out.

Hitmonlee 66%
Weebo 1%

---
Hitmonlee used Close Combat.
It's super effective!
Weebo lost 0% of its health.
Hanya’s Weebo fainted.
Hitmonlee's defence was lowered.
Hitmonlee's special defence was lowered.

I expected maybe an Ice Shard to inflcit some damage (a decent amount after the defence drop) but I was lucky and managed to rid the game of the Weavile with no trouble.
6-
Hitmonlee 66% flexing his muscles
Weebo 0% now chilling back in his pokeball

---
Hanya switched in Azure (lvl 100 Azelf).

Hanya now decides to send out an Azelf, this is definate trouble for a Choice locked Hitmonlee, which would be KO'd by pretty much anything after the defence drops. So I go for safety and switch in my Absol to check the Azelf and learn it's set hopefully.
UU Disaster switched in Absol (lvl 100 Absol).
Absol is exerting its pressure!
Azure used Reflect.
A barrier was formed!

It seems my switch was predicted as Azelf sets up it's firt screen, which shows it is a dual screener. This means it probably won't switch out until at least both screens are up, giving me chance to set up and KO the Azelf without taken any damage.

Absol 100%

Azure 100% (Reflect)

---
Azure used Light Screen.
A barrier was formed!
Absol used Swords Dance.
Absol's attack was sharply raised.

As I thought, the second screen goes up, while my Absol Swords Dances to +2 attack (+1under the condition of Reflect) Now the screens are up I'm unsure what I'm going to see next, either a switch out to set up again later, rocks being set up, or an Explosion. My choices are either Dance again, or attack with Night Slash or Sucker Punch. This next turn could be key in the battle.

Absol 100% +2 Atk (+1 under Reflect)
Azure 100% (Reflect and Light Screen)
---
Azure used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!
Absol used Night Slash.
It's super effective!
Azure lost 100% of its health.
Hanya’s Azure fainted.
Absol lost 10% of its health.

THANK GOD! Hanya decides to set up rocks as I went for the safer option of using Night Slash. Even under Reflect I was going to OHKO him and I managed it by only losing the Life Orb recoil. With the score at 6-4 it's looking like my Absol can go on to dispose of a few more Pokemon.

6-
Absol 90% Fired up and ready to take on anything +2 Atk (+1 under Reflect)
Azure 0% Depressed at not dealing any damage (Reflect, Light Screen, Stealth Rocks)
---
Hanya switched in Nickel (lvl 100 Magnezone).
Absol used Superpower.
It's super effective!
Nickel lost 100% of its health.
Hanya’s Nickel fainted.
Absol's attack was lowered.
Absol's defence was lowered.
Absol lost 10% of its health.

This switch in confused me. As far as I know all Absol sets outspeed Magnezone's, plus it is extremely common for Absol to run Superpower, like mine does. Anyway I decide to go for it and take it out instantly so I select Superpower. It proved the right choice, another OHKO for Absol, now with normal Attack power which is still pretty high. The score is now 6-3 so I start to feel abit confident.

6-
Absol 80% Ready to beat anything now
+1 Atk (+0 under Reflect) -1Def
Nickel 0% Didn't even get chance to move
(Reflect, Light Screen, Stealth Rocks)
---
Hanya switched in Dragonite (lvl 100 Dragonite).

I didn't see Dragonite coming. Due it's massive movepool I hadn't a clue what set it was or what I should do. My options were either to switch, or set up. In my mind attacking wasn't an option at +0 attack as if it was bulky I wouldnt be doing to much.
Absol used Swords Dance.
Absol's attack was sharply raised.
Dragonite used Brick Break.
It's super effective!
Absol lost 80% of its health.
UU Disaster's Absol fainted.

I opted for the Swords Dance. It didn't pay off, Brick Break never occured to me as an attack I would face, which given my wekaness to it and -1 defence I would never survive. This is a major set back, Absol had the potential to sweep the team had it got past this, but due to a bad play I will have a slightly more difficult task

5-
Absol 0% Disappointed at the way it went out
Dragonite 100% Laughing at Absol's simple demise
---
UU Disaster switched in Togekiss (lvl 100 Togekiss).
Pointed stones dug into Togekiss.
Togekiss lost 25% of its health.

This was the chance I was waiting for to unleash Togekiss. I figured that Choice Scarf wouldn't help it Dragonite too much at this stage so Trick would be a brilliant move to potentially cripple it.
Togekiss used Trick.
Togekiss obtained Leftovers!
Dragonite obtained Choice Scarf!
Togekiss lost 25% of its health.
Togekiss's leftovers restored its health a little!
Togekiss restored 6% of its health.

Dragonite stayed in and obtained the Scarf, whilst Togekiss got it's favourite item of Leftovers. I'm back to feeling comfortable about the battle again, so I decide to set up Togekiss for what it's known for, the annoying, the haxy.....
PARAFLINCH
These next couple of turns could prove vital to me winning. There was always a chance that Dragonite could switch out, but that wouldn't be necasarily bad for as I could potentially cripple 2 of his remaining 3 pokemon.

Togekiss 81%

Dragonite 100% Choice Locked into Brick Break
---
Togekiss lost 26% of its health.
Togekiss used Thunder Wave.
Dragonite is paralysed! It may be unable to move!

Dragonite stayed in and took another 25% off of Togekiss' health, whilst I get to fire off the Thunder Wave. This now allows me to outspeed and hopefully kill off the Dragonite. The only problem is my lowish amount of HP, hoping for paralysis next turn I decide I should Roost to get close to full HP again.

Togekiss 61%
Dragonite 100% Choice Locked into Brick Break (Reflect, Light Screen, Stealth Rocks, Paralysis)
---
Togekiss used Roost.
Togekiss restored 50% of its health.
It's super effective!
Togekiss lost 53% of its health.
Dragonite's reflect wore off!

My decision to roost back-fired, Dragonite was paralyzed that turn and got a super effective hit on me. My only chance now is to attack each turn or switch. I feel Togekiss should go out fighting so I plow on the offensive.

Togekiss 53%
Dragonite 100%
Choice Locked into Brick Break (Light Screen, Stealth Rocks, Paralysis)

---
Togekiss used Air Slash.
Dragonite lost 19% of its health.
Togekiss lost 26% of its health.
Dragonite's light screen wore off!

No hax this turn, which is a shame, I thought either paralysis or flinch would happen and stop yet another Brick Break. Also I only did 19% due to Light Screen, which is gone for good after this turn. I start to fear this is a losing battle for Togekiss.

Togekiss 33%

Dragonite 81%
Choice Locked into Brick Break (Stealth Rocks, Paralysis)

---
Togekiss used Air Slash.
Dragonite lost 38% of its health.
Togekiss lost 19% of its health.
UU Disaster's Togekiss fainted.

After this attack, I realised my biggest mistake, Dragonite's ability, this explains why it hasn't flinched. This is a major mistake on my part and Togekiss fully pays for it, whilst taking Dragonite down below half HP which means its certain to faint soon, which is a plus side for me.
4-

Togekiss 0% Failed
Dragonite 43% Happy at a 2nd KO
---
UU Disaster switched in Gliscor (lvl 100 Gliscor).
Pointed stones dug into Gliscor.
Gliscor lost 12% of its health.

This is the best switch in I have at the moment. It won't take much from a Brick Break and can finally give me a chance to set up rocks. Also with U-turn I can scout the remaining members of the team easily, whilst getting hopefully a free switch in.

Hanya switched in Kenmore (lvl 100 Rotom-h).
Gliscor used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!
Gliscor's leftovers restored its health a little!
Gliscor restored 6% of its health.

Hanya switchs in his Rotom -h. It make sense to switch out Dragonite but I fail to see what this Rotom can do to majorly hurt me. I do suspect a possilbe Will-O-Wisp coming my way though. Which gives me a choice of U-Turn or Taunt. Taunt seems safer to make sure no Sub or Status move is used for a short while.

Gliscor 94% (Stealth Rocks)
Kenmore 100%
(Stealth Rocks)
---
Gliscor used Taunt.
Kenmore fell for the taunt!
Kenmore used Overheat.
Gliscor lost 48% of its health.
Kenmore's special attack was harshly lowered.
Gliscor's leftovers restored its health a little!
Gliscor restored 6% of its health.

This is what seems to be a pure attacking Rotom, I didn't expect an Overheat, so it seems my Taunt may have been wasted, I can't be sure as im unsure of it's full moveset yet. Luckily it only managed 48% which isn't a great deal, plus its now -2 on Special Attack. For me the only option is to U-Turn out.

Gliscor 52% (Stealth Rocks)
Kenmore 100% -2 Sp. Atk
(Stealth Rocks)
---
Gliscor used U-turn.
It's not very effective...
Kenmore lost 9% of its health.
UU Disaster switched in Azelf (lvl 100 Azelf).
Pointed stones dug into Azelf.
Azelf lost 12% of its health.
Kenmore used Overheat.
Kenmore's attack missed!
Kenmore's leftovers restored its health a little!
Kenmore restored 6% of its health.

I go for the U-Turn and Switch into Azelf, expecting a switch or a weka Overheat, I was met with the latter, albiet with more luck as it missed meaning my Azelf has only lost 12% from the rocks. My Azelf carries Shadow Ball for against Rotom's and Gengar so I feel I have him cornered.

Azelf 88% (Stealth Rocks)
Kenmore 97% -2 Sp.Atk
(Stealth Rocks)
---
Azelf used Shadow Ball.
It's super effective!
Kenmore lost 66% of its health.
Kenmore used Shadow Ball.
It's super effective!
Azelf lost 56% of its health.
Kenmore's taunt wore off!
Kenmore's leftovers restored its health a little!
Kenmore restored 6% of its health.

My Azelf only carries offensive moves so my option is Shadow Ball expecting to do over half damage, whilst expecting to take about the same from the weakened attempt from Rotom. As is turns out I only took 56% which is fairly good whilst Rotom took 66% making next turn a guarenteed KO for me.

Azelf 32% (Stealth Rocks)
Kenmore 37% -2 Sp.Atk
(Stealth Rocks)
---
Azelf used Shadow Ball.
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Kenmore lost 38% of its health.
Hanya’s Kenmore fainted.

I would have KO'd this Rotom without the Crit which was unnecassary. With this KO I know I have a weakened Dragonite to face and 1 more unrevealed Pokemon. MY Azelf has reasonable coverage between my 3 Special moves (Psychic, Shadowball and Flamethrower) whilst having Explosion in reserve for emergencies.
4-2
Azelf 32% (Stealth Rocks) Ready to finish Hanya off
Kenmore 0% Returned to being a Ghost
---
Hanya switched in Dragonite (lvl 100 Dragonite).
Pointed stones dug into Dragonite.
Dragonite lost 25% of its health.
Azelf used Psychic.
Dragonite lost 18% of its health.
Hanya's Dragonite fainted.

When Dragonite switched in I know it must have been for death fodder only, as upon the switch it lost 25% health from my rocks leaving it on a meager 18%, whilst being paralyzed. Psychic was guarenteed to KO it and is a reliable move to use so I fired it off to quickly dispose off his dragon. This only leaves the mystery Pokemon left.
4-1
Azelf 32% 2nd KO and hoping for the right match up(Stealth Rocks)
Dragonite 0% Bites the dust in unspectacular fashion (Stealth Rocks)
---
Hanya switched in Superstar (lvl 100 Jirachi).
Pointed stones dug into Superstar.
Superstar lost 6% of its health.

Hanya's final Pokemon Superstar the Jirachi. Jirachi's generally run many different set's so I have no idea what to expect. A choice scarf variant would trouble me, but I figured it can't be one or it would have surfaced ahead of Dragonite to revenge kill. Luckily for me i carry Flamethrower which should do alot of damage to this Jirachi.

Azelf used Flamethrower.
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Superstar lost 94% of its health.
Hanya’s Superstar fainted.

That crit could have made a difference. I have no idea the build so it may have been a 2HKO without the crit(also the rocks wouldn't have made much difference to the number of hits needed to KO it), and it could have KO'd me if it wasnt for it. This is the only major hax I have seen in the game. It also was the final nail in Hanya's coffin as that Rachi was his last Pokemon.

Game 4-0
Azelf 32% Pleased at the win, but embarassed at the crit.
Jirachi 0% Sulking as he let down the rest of the team
UU Disaster wins!
UU Disaster: good game
Hanya: gg
Hanya has left the room.

Pros:
1. Absol’s mini-sweep.
2. Azelf for finishing off his weakened team.
3. Hanya for not rage quitting on me and giving me a fun match.
4. Very few hax’s ruining the battle
5. 4 of my Pokémon still remaining at the end.

Cons:
1. Togekiss for not being as effective as intended.
2. Gliscor’s miss-timed Taunt attempt.
3. Hanya’s Magnezone and Jirachi for doing nothing.
4. Me, for selecting the wrong ability on Absol and also for not realising Togekiss couldn't flinch Dragonite

Star of the Battle:
In my opinion I feel that Absol was the star of this battle. Its mini-sweep came at a good time during the battle and got rid of 2 potentially troublesome Pokémon; its only downside was its instant KO against Dragonite. Azelf only didn’t shine as much is because of the 2 critical hit ‘hax’ that caused at least one of the those KO’s.

So Here he is:
Swords Dance Life Orb Absol
(4 Def EV’s, 252 Atk EV’s, 252 Spe EV’s, Adamant Nature)
Life Orb
Ability: Pressure(should have been Super Luck)
Attacks:
Sucker Punch
Superpower
Night Slash
Swords Dance

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You didn't expect a Fake Out from Lead Weavile.
He Taunted your Hitmonlee.

I pretty much decided to just skim the war story at this point.

Lots of misplays from the both of you, ending with hax. I appreciate that this is a first warstory for you, read some warstories from the archives to see what you should be writing.

haunter

Banned deucer.
What the above poster said. This battle was not warstory material and probably both of you guys are quite new to competitive battle. You definitely put effort into writing this post but this is not the kind of warstories we're looking for. Better luck next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)