Non-Pokébank OU My First Team

Hi Im new here, I was just looking for help for my first SuMo team and where else but here!

Garchomp (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Claw

Originally I had a Mega Garchomp here but i begun to notice how easily its out sped by the tapus/pheramosa I switched to a scarf and it can handle itself superior now. It out speeds non scarf pheramosa and salamences which pose great threat to him. Garchomp also counters many threats to my aegislash and toxapex and also helps to counter apposing toxapex as well.

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 6 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Recover
- Haze
- Scald

Toxapex is a great tank, it stalls down toxic and it cant be setup on due to haze, scald is here for some active damage and the burn is nice against steel types/poison types. Black Sludge is here for some secondary recovery while discouraging switcharoo (also to get around 1 item clause)

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Chance
EVs: 252 SpA / 244 HP / 12 Def
IVs: 0 Spd
Quiet Nature
- Sacred Sword
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak

I feel like this is a pretty standard set for Aegislash, relies upon Tanking Hits in Shield Form, then getting solid damage in blade form. Shadow sneak for a priority kill once low and sacred sword is there for normal types and simply more coverage. And to finish Aegislash has leftovers as it's only method of recovery.

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Stone Edge
- Megahorn
- Superpower

On my team I need away of countering ground types, replacing my opponents terrain, and a fairy type to switch in on dragons, and Tapu Bulu does a good job at this. Wood Hammer Kills anything that doesnt resist. The Terrain itself protects me from the more common ground moves (like earthquake). Megahorn is there to counter grass walls, and he makes a great non setup stall breaker.

Kartana @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 Def
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Night Slash

Originally this was a Pheromosa, but after some use I noticed that Pheromosa lacked a lot of coverage and is easily walled especially by ghost type like Marowak. Kartana IMO gets superior coverage and has done a much better job compared to Pherosoma. Leaf Blade covers pesky water types, Smart Strike destroys some fairies and Sacred Sword for Dark/Steel types.

Marowak-Alola (M) @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Bone
- Bonemerang
- Will-O-Wisp

Marowak is incredibly powerful with Thick Club and gets free switch ins on Xuriktree and Tapu Koko, and then get destroyed by Bonemerang. two incredibly powerful stabs. and its my main counter to opposing Celesteela and other steel types. Will o wisp there is to cripple physical attackers Marowak cant handle before switching out.

This is my first team, I've had some good results with this in showdown and rating battles but I would love as much constructive criticism as I can get as im not expecting this to be good at all xD. Thanks for your time.

Aegi is banned now, so I would think about filling the hole with something along the lines of Maybe a defensive Gyara with intimidate, or even a eviolite Doublade if you really want

Aegi is banned now, so I would think about filling the hole with something along the lines of Maybe a defensive Gyara with intimidate, or even a eviolite Doublade if you really want
Adding on to this you could possibly try maybe a defensive Mega Scizor? In place of the now banned from OU Aegislash.

i suggest changing the chomp set for a focu sash hone claws set i made up. 252 spe 252 att + att - spa with earthquake, stone edge, dragon rush and hone claws. hone claws fixes the accuracy issue and he can still kill thinks like the tapus upon a switch in. only wish chomp had d dance access but he would be broken then. and you can replace your aegislash with a d dance tyranitar and have garchomp with sand veil for when he dies and tyranitar can tank a lot of physical moves. i suggest rock slide eq and crunch for coverage/ STAB and invest in speed and attack for after 1 boost he outsppeds a lot of mons. you could always try toxic foul play defog roost mandibuzz too as a physical defensive mon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)