My first RMT (OU)

I’ve been lurking around the RMT forum for a while now trying to get an idea of what an RMT post is supposed to look like, and I’ve finally decided to give it my first shot.
One thing I should note is that I have had amazing success over the past week on Shoddy with this team, but significantly less on WiFi.

I do feel this post meets most of the standards, because I have tested and tweaked this team over a few weeks now.
If I fail and don’t give enough information, or I just don’t meet the standards in some way, I can understand it being locked.

My Team:

Version 1:

After a long time of deciding what pokemon to use for my first team, I came up with this.
With this team, I had little success. I won a few matches, but lost more, and after about 4 days of playing with it, I decided to replace Azelf to get a pokemon that could take care of a few of my threats....

I came up with Starmie. It still had access to Psychic and added water STAB moves. It also picked up thunderbolt and Ice beam and quickly took care of my Salamence problem and problems with its fellow water types.

Version 2:

This team seemed solid for a while, and raters on other sites agreed, but for some reason, it just wasn't quite getting the job done. Heracross did well, and I began to think of replacing him. This is when I got Shoddy battle. I remade the exact team you see above and replaced Heracross with....

Scizor. I decided to go with a bulkier set than the common CB Scizors I faced. I added a lot of HP, max attack, and a little bit of speed. All that combind with Roost, Swords Dance, Bullet punch, and Super power and it turned out great.

My team now:

As I mentioned before, I had great success on Shoddy, winning a lot more than I lost, but on WiFi, it hasn't been doing me nearly as well. So...Here we are!....

Lead:
Jirachi @ Choice scarf
Jolly
80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
~ Iron Head
~ Trick
~ Stealth Rock
~ U-turn

A great lead. I chose it to be a counter lead.

My main focus with Jirachi is to take down the opposing team's lead. Leads such as Aerodactyle, Azelf, Fosslass, Tyranitar, and even leads that aren't weak to iron head sometimes fall to the flinch hax of Serene Grace and Jirachi's attack power.
If I don’t think it can kill the opposing lead, I cripple it with trick and proceed to set up a stealth rock.

I also like the fact that Jirachi can take hits from it's weaknesses with ease, and continue it's set up.
Not only is Jirachi a great lead, it can sometimes switch in when nothing else can, and either take one for the team, or take down one or more pokemon iron head or at least finish some KOs.

Jirachi can also come later on and hinder walls like Blissey if I haven’t already tricked, and then U-Turn out or Iron head.

Infernape @ Life orb
Naive
64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
~ Nasty plot
~ Fire blast
~ Close Combat
~ Grass knot

I chose Infernape because he can break walls with ease and can even handle a lot of the water threats with Grass knot.
It OHKO's Blissey, and even does massive damage to things that take neutral damage from Close Combat. Steel types don't stand a chance against Fire Blast and CC.

Grass knot is a great move to use on things like Swampert, or even lighter pokemon. Ape will usually OHKO Swampert and do great damage other bulky waters on a bad switch in by the opponent, or a safe switch in by myself.

While it doesn't get to set up too often, it often doesn't need to the way I see it. If I do manage to set up some Nasty Plots, the opposing team will have little they can do in my experience.

Starmie @ Choice Scarf
Modest
Natural Cure
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
~ Surf
~ Ice beam
~ Thunderbolt
~ Psychic

I picked up Starmie because it seemed to be the better choice over my Azelf I used before on this team. Before Starmie, my team couldn’t handle a good Salamence at all.
I've had people tell me to change this to a non-choice variant, or a rapid spinner variant, and I do still consider these options, but Scarf hasn't really failed me yet.

Starmie's typing allows it to switch in on a lot of pokemon that threaten my others. The scarf allows Starmie to switch in and OHKO threats like Salamence, or just simply revenge kill them with ice beam.

When Starmie switches in on fellow water types, it's easy to see my opponent's next move. Either a switch to Electrive or something that resists electric because he falsely predicted T-Bolt. Instead, they are hit with Psychic, which usually hurts most Electivire ton in my experience. Psychic is usually my go to move when I predict a switch, but it does set me up to be pursuited.

Surf is my only water based attack on this team, so I feel it's a must. It's another STAB that does great damage to pokemon that resist my other attacks. Namely Scizor. I’ve had a ton of people switch in to Scizor to take down my defensively weak Starmie, only to be KOed, or very badly damaged, by surf.

Scizor @ Iron Plate
Adamant
Technician
200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
~ Swords Dance
~ Bullet Punch
~ Superpower
~ Roost

I took this pokemon in place of Heracross, and it seems to be filling Hera’s shoes quite well. While I did enjoy Heracross, I am beginning to enjoy Scizor even more.

Most people I’ve battled are caught off guard by roost when they expect to KO Scizor slowly with neutral damage. Roost and a lot of HP EVs also allow Scizor to set up pretty easily most of the time.
This Scizor is also a great counter for most other Scizor variants, especially CB Scizor.

Scizor has also successfully broken stalls with a combo of roost and SD, or just roost and its damaging attacks. It’s is also a great revenge killer with priority Bullet Punch, and usually ends up clearing out a lot of my unfinished KOs.

Needless to say, walls like Blissey don’t stand a chance.

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Impish
Sand Veil
252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe
~ Earthquake
~ Roost
~ Knock Off
~ Stone Edge

I chose Gliscor because I needed something to take physical hits, and I needed something to counter the likes of Lucario, because I found my team falling to it more often than not.

Gliscor EASILY switches into a lot of my team's weaknesses and either takes little damage, or completely resists things like T-bolt and EQ. Roost allows this thing to wall most physical attackers, and gain a resistance to rock if needed.
Stone Edge is a great answer for Zapdos and sometimes even Gyarados when it’s switched in to take care of Gliscor.

Gliscor also answered my Heatran problem with Knock off and EQ. I have found that Knock off really saves me against pokemon like life orb Infernape, scarfed Heatran, and any other item dependant pokemon.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Calm
Natural Cure
252 Def / 80 SpA / 176 SpD
~ Wish
~ Protect
~ Ice Beam
~ Toxic

I obviously chose Blissey to wall out special attackers. Same as most people I believe.

Pretty much your standard Blissey.
It gets the job done when it comes to absorbing damage, or simply wishing and ice beaming to take down pokemon that my others can't late game.
Stalling for toxic damage using wish and protect also works well here as with most Blissey.
Wish is also a great support move when I need to switch in to damaged pokemon.
Ice beam also pulls of KOs on most dragon types.

One final note: I have a few other EV trained pokemon, such as: Physical Choice Heracross, Physically based Salamence, and Specialy based Azelf with Explosion.
I am willing to obtain new pokemon if necessary.

ive recieved your pm!lets see what can i do to help.

-consider fire punch over u-turn?fire punch allows you to hit steels such as scarfzone,who can switch in on the trick,can trap jirachi and can war jirachi down with thunderbolt.

-i dont think iron plate is gonna help you.life orb is in general better as it boosts all of your moves,unlike iron plate which can only boost scizors steel type moves.

thats all i can suggest for now,good luck!

ive recieved your pm!lets see what can i do to help.

-consider fire punch over u-turn?fire punch allows you to hit steels such as scarfzone,who can switch in on the trick,can trap jirachi and can war jirachi down with thunderbolt.

-i dont think iron plate is gonna help you.life orb is in general better as it boosts all of your moves,unlike iron plate which can only boost scizors steel type moves.

thats all i can suggest for now,good luck!
I think fire punch is actually a very good suggestion. In the past I have also had trouble with leads like Ninjask and their Speed boost baton passing, and if I'm not mistaken, Fire Punch is super effective on Ninjask right?
Although, I do like the good amount of damage U-Turn can do on a switch...

Also, I originally had Life Orb, but I felt like it was hurting me more than helping, but I guess if I learn to use roost more effectively, then It won't really matter.

I'll test it all on Shoddy later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)