ORAS Doubles OU My first Pokemon team

This is the team I made, i would like your opinion how i can make it better or if it makes sense at all.
The sweeper​
I choose sceptile-mega because out all the megas i looked up i realized sceptile had some crazy damage potential if peered with the rite partner like thundurus with discharge
Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Poison]
- Protect
The Troll​
This really needs no explanation this Pokemon is used to stop set up Pokemon weaken physical sweepers and give the necessary edge in a speed battle
Murkrow @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 128 HP / 128 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Feather Dance
- Roost
- Tailwind

The Spike Wall​
This my physical wall/sweeper with an assault vest and decent coverage attacks he can take a hit and give hit he is my answer to any flying types that are way to fast e.g. talon flame or just to shut down any fir tyes
Regirock @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulldoze
- Ice Punch
- Drain Punch
- Rock Slide
The Support/Sweeper
With a choice scarf it will out speed most Pokemon and this puts him above sceptilemega
thus making him perfect to charge his lightning rod and deal out extra damage, also u can sometimes be used as bait and sludge wave to deal with those fairies
Thundurus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Discharge
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- U-turn

The Back-up Sweeper​
This Pokemon was chosen to increase my type coverage and to deal with some Pokemon that prevent would be a threat to my main sweeper like dragon types or an amoonguss with rage powder or fire types. i am using psyshock over psychic main because most fire type are special sweepers and thus have lot of special defense but not much physical defense.
Delphox @ Wise Glasses
Ability: Blaze
Modest Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Heat Wave
- Protect
- Psyshock
The Block/Wall Counters​
Originally this spot belonged to my ferrothorn but after i met up on a mega sableye that walled my team i decide to find a counter for wall or Stall Pokemon. And realixed a clefable would work perfectly. it magic guard prevents it from being affected by toxic thus it makes the perfect wall.
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Def / 28 SpD
Calm Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Thunder Wave

N.B. this team has no specific opening pokemon

Last edited:

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader
Hello, and welcome to doubles! It's nice to see more people getting involved in forums. Unfortunately, all 6 of your members are plain unclassed/unviable, and your movesets are pretty questionable. Also, your member descriptions are a bit short, so a mod will likely lock this thread if you don't elaborate more. Please follow their advice if you want others to rate your team.

Shaymin-Sky>Sceptile

Shaymin-Sky @ Focus Sash
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Protect

Skymin does practically everything sceptile does and more while not using a mega or item slot.

Thundurus-Incarnate>Murkrow

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 244 HP / 108 Def / 64 SpA / 72 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Taunt

Thundy is a bulkier/better prankster than murkrow, and it also isn't offensively useless.

Diancie>Regirock

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 208 Atk / 48 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Regirock is unviable except for very specific forms of trick room, while diancie is a powerful attacker that reaches the very important base 110 speed tier.

Landorus-Therian>Thundurus-Therian

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Superpower

Lando t is a much better scarfed pivot than thundy t because of intimidate, allowing it to switch in on a ton of physical attackers. Also, it works as a blanket check to many threats in the tier.

Heatran>Delphox

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 52 HP / 252 SpA / 204 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Protect
- Substitute

Delphox is plagued by a lack of resistances and a weakness to many of the steels it's supposed to check. Sub tran is a great set, with plenty of resists that prevent opponents from breaking the sub, and leaving mons who decide to target it open. Also it hits harder, and with arguably better coverage.

Cresselia>Clefable

Cresselia @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Moonlight
- Icy Wind

Clefable is very lacking in offenses, making it practically setup bait, while cress keeps offensive pressure with calm mind, even serving as a win condition. Cress isn't as hyped as it used to be, but its sheer natural bulk makes it a still very relevant threat.

Other Notes:

Discharge spam is a very bad strategy, as it makes you very predictable while removing your options and flexibility (thundy can only safely attack when next to sceptile).

Toxic/Stall is unviable in doubles, because of how fast the meta is. Something attempting to tank hits will be easily double targeted and koed, while toxic doesn't deal relevant damage in a potentially 8 turn game.

Take sweeper out of your vocabulary. Being a doubles format, it's exceedingly difficult to sweep two slots at once. Think attacker instead.

Protect is key in doubles; most of your team should carry it, except for scarfers and certain supports. It's extremely important for prediction, leaving out turns to deal with threats, and stalling out field conditions like tailwind or trick room. Your original team carries as much protect as it's supposed to, but I just wanna make sure you get the concept.

If you want to read up more on the tier, start with the italicized sections in this link.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-new-players-that-are-lost-look-here.3543679/

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to Doubles! Unfortunately, practically every pokemon on your team is almost entirely outclassed by other, better pokemon. Yellow Paint's rebuild is good, but it misses the point of a RMT IMO. I would lurk the DOU boards for a while, reading other people'a posts, and maybe check out the Doubles chat room on Pokemon Showdown. There are several links I'd recommend checking out to aid building your next team. I copied them from the link Yellow Paint posted above, but I edited out the ones that aren't as useful for a new player and added in depth descriptions on what they are.
Viability Rankings - A list ranking pokemon alphabetically in tiers by their usefulness and value on a team. This will help tell you what's good.
Sample Teams - Teams built by very experienced and skillful players which are free to use and copy, or you can read their teambuilding process to try building your own based around their process.
Simple Q&A, Benchmarks, and Overview - have a question about mechanics of a move, a pokemon a role on a team, or anything else doubles related? Ask it here (don't post a new thread)
What Does That Mon Do? - Exactly as the name implies.
Teambuilding Compendium - A chart that groups together pokemon that preform specific broad roles on a team
Effective Cores - This thread contains two or three pokemon cores that are good for building solid competitive teams around.
Creative Sets - A thread that has useful unusual sets, where anyone can post a set. These sets are unusual and they can give you the edge over an opponent who doesn't expect that set.
Metagame Secrets - a blog about DOU - Some of the best players in the tier post about anything related to the tier here. It's a good read and can give you invaluable information pertaining to playing doubles.

Good luck with playing doubles, and you can write on my profile page or send me a PM if you have questions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)