ORAS PU My attempt at a sticky web Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello! This is going to be I suppose the third team I've placed on here and also the one I've used the least as I've just made it and I want it to be as good as can be before I try too hard. Used a lot of smogon sets with some differences in certain places and really just want this team to get super good, I've always loved tiers below OU/UU in some scenarios because every decision you make has always seemed more important to me and its fun to find ways that generally weak pokemon can be super useful. This is a team focused around utilizing big powerhouses in PU that lack speed with the sticky web to compensate so that they can unleash all the damage they want. Open to any and all suggestions. Please help!

Cellabug (Kricketune) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sticky Web
- Endeavor
- Taunt
- Knock Off

Pretty straightforward, I usually lead with this guy unless I think I can predict who they are going to send out and start with a check instead. Actually outspeeds a ton of common hazard leads (gabite, gigalith, masquerain even I think) and can pretty reliably taunt to prevent them from putting down hazards and get off sticky web, If i'm lucky, even can get knock off or endeavor too so, I'm pretty satisfied with this guy's set and he serves his purpose very well. Only problem is I'm not utilizing his ability, but the only other ability is swarm, which would also be useless on this set.

InternetExplorer (Flareon) @ Choice Band
Ability: Flash Fire
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Sleep Talk
- Quick Attack

This guy does by far the most unboosted damage of all the pokes on my team and very few pokes can take on 2 flare blitzes from him, and superpower also works nicely because you get one off at 1.5 power and then one off at regular power, assuming you don't die in between. His biggest problem is that he's super squishy, particularly when faced with physical attacks, and flare blitz runs down his health bar pretty fast, but with sleep talk he's a great switch in to any spore user and can also tank fire type moves directed at kricketune or leafeon with flash fire, so finding opportunities to switch him in is generally not too hard, and with his ev spread I believe he does outspeed jolly purugly after sticky web and has a 50/50 chance to survive sucker punch w/ a +2 life orb purugly, definitely being able to survive if they choose to run anything else. He also 2hko's altaria w/ flare blitz, meaning if they switch into you to try to set up a dragon dance you can take them out easily by switching after initial flare blitz and then quick attack afterwards. Not the best poke, but actually really useful all around.

Meow (Purugly) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Swept multiple entire teams with this cat, if you're able to get a defiant and baton pass swords dance from leafeon to this poke, there's not a whole lot the enemies can do vs a x3 attack 355 speed purugly. Great switch in to anyone trying to defog away the sticky web, pretty much means at least one poke is going down if they try to get rid of sticky web and is also just great at cleaning up due to its high speed and sucker punch if necessary, despite it having a mediocre attack stat. Quite useful poke imho.

SPOOKY (Misdreavus) @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Dazzling Gleam
- Nasty Plot

Primary spinblocker and probably one of the best ghost types in the tier, I'm running an offensive set to give this team more of an offensive presence on the special side other than just mr. mime. Eviolite and nasty plot allow it to beat torkoal, the most common rapid spinner in the tier, Dazzling gleam is used for dark and fighting types as well as will o wisp for any physical attacker (other than machoke. I hate machoke). It's bulky, outspeeds most things after sticky web, and does a hefty amount of damage with my ev spread.

Grasscat (Leafeon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Leaf Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Leaf Blade
- Synthesis

Finally got around to making a team with one of my favorite pokes of all time, Grasscat (Leafeon)! Actually would be a stellar bulky offense pokemon if it weren't for all of his weaknesses, but I run a specially defensive set in order to tank special attacks because it can already tank physical attacks due to its base 130 def. Purugly and Flareon both benefit heavily from Swords dance being passed, and swords dance also allows me to deal a shit ton of damage even with only 4 attack investment at all in the whole set, w/ stab leaf blade being really strong. Synthesis is also great for keeping this poke alive, and this poke is actually really good for dealing with focus sash kadabra, gigalith, and many more. Love it.

Last but not least,

Mime Man (Mr. Mime) @ Life Orb
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

I think this is directly from smogon. I needed a special attacker and a revenge killer, and this guy works perfectly. also benefits from sticky web as it allows him to outspeed a lot, and can still outspeed quite a bit with the timid nature and max speed invest. I'm open to suggestions, but this guy is pretty key in breaking through physical walls and cleaning up if purugly is dead so.

Obviously not a very defensive team and I don't have a whole lot of switch ins to strong attacks, but this team is mainly focused around revenge killing and then building off of those. Let me know any improvements!

Attachments

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
edit: my bad, did not notice he had another rmt recently

Hey Ggo1000. This team is a pretty nice start at Sticky Web, and definitely utilizes some of the best threats for it. Unfortunately, you also fail to cover a lot of Pokemon and a lot of your sets are either unviable or outclassed, so to fix this team I'm going to have to change quite a bit. Most of the Stick Web playstyle revolves around sweeping teams slowed by webs, but you also have to make sure that you don't just lose to Pokemon that aren't effected by webs. This team is really weak to Flying-types like Dodrio and Swanna and Choice Scarf Rotom-F outspeeds everything thanks to Levitate.

First of all, Kricketune is an incredibly poor Pokemon. Leavanny is the only setter ever worth using because of its actually reasonable speed and cool support options like Knock Off and Electroweb. There's just no reason to keep Kricketune when the better option exists. Flareon is also not great on webs. The problem is that, even with webs up, you're still slower than lots of important things like Jumpluff, Floatzel, Electrode, Zebstrika, Dodrio, Swanna, etc. I think a very easy change that keeps the spirit of the mon is simply using Rapidash instead, which outspeeds all of those Pokemon except Jumpluff with webs up and also gets Wild Charge to hit Water-types.

As far as set changes go, I'd consider going with Wake-Up Slap over Sucker Punch on Purugly. You already have one form of priority and Sticky Web, but Pawniard is a really big threat to webs thanks to Defiant, so being able to lure it in and OHKO with a Fighting-type move is incredibly useful. On Misdreavus, Dazzling Gleam is pretty much useless coverage, basically the only thing you're hitting with it is Machoke. I would try Thunderbolt, which still hits Vullaby for you and also OHKOs Pawniard at +2 and is great neutral coverage. Also the four HP give you less switchins to Stealth Rock, so move those to Defense. As for Leafeon, a Specially Defensive set is just not a good idea. On webs you want to move fast and hit hard, SpDef Leafeon is a bad Pokemon in general but it also wastes time on webs. I would change this to a three attacks Swords Dance variant to better abuse the webs. Additionally, while this is not really standard at all, I'd consider running a Coba Berry. This prevents you from being revenged by Flying-types like Dodrio and Swanna who aren't affected by webs, which are pretty much the biggest threat to your team. If it sounds a bit gimmicky you could always go with standard Yache or even Meadow Plate, but I think the extra insurance versus Flyers should be useful.

Finally, while I really like the Pokemon, I think the best thing for your team is to replace Mr. Mime. You already have some really good wallbreakers, Healing Wish isn't too useful here, and you need better insurance versus birds and scarfed electrics. So I'm going to recommend changing it to Electabuzz, which provides you with a much bulkier mon that checks pretty much everything you need to for the team and really benefits from the way you already pressure Stunfisk well. As a side note, this teams lacks a Stealth Rock user and I could not find a good way to fit one onto the team, but since Rocks are fairly necessary on most teams I think it's worth looking into some sort of rocker over rapidash, the only issue with this is that you're dropping a lot of speed and an ice check here, so it would require even more fiddling.

Summary
Kricketune --> Leavanny
Flareon --> Rapidash
Mr. Mime --> Electabuzz
SpDef Leafeon --> Offensive Leafeon
Dazzling Gleam Misdreavus --> Thunderbolt Misdreavus
Sucker Punch Purugly --> Wake-Up Slap Purugly

Leavanny @ Focus Sash
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Sticky Web
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Electroweb

Rapidash @ Charcoal
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Drill Run
- Will-O-Wisp

Purugly @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Knock Off
- Wake-Up Slap

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot

Leafeon @ Coba Berry
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Leaf Blade
- X-Scissor

Electabuzz @ Eviolite
Ability: Vital Spirit
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power Ice

Hey there, Ggo1000! You do know that there's a 2 week cooldown before you post a new RMT? I'm still going to rate your team though:

On your Misdreavus, I think you should have Hex>Shadow Ball. The reason for this is because the damage dealt by Hex doubles if your opponent has a status infliction, and so, could be very useful.

Mr. Mime, even with Timid & 252 Speed, is still outsped by a lot of Pokemon that can pose as threats, so you might want to give it Choice Scarf like I did with mine. Sure, it might lock you into one move, but at least you'll be able to outspeed common NU Pokemon. Also, you could give it Baton Pass, not to pass around a stat increase, but to gain momentum, which is a good technique.

As for Flareon, you could replace it with Magmortar, a Pokemon with high Attack, and Special Attack stat. If you pair it up with Assault Vest, it becomes a (somewhat) unbreakable tank.

These are just some of my thoughts; good luck with your team! n_n
This is a PU rmt, not NU. Also Hex really doesn't fit here, although scarf mime would be ok if the better solution wasn't to replace mr. mime

edit: my bad, did not notice he had another rmt recently

Hey Ggo1000. This team is a pretty nice start at Sticky Web, and definitely utilizes some of the best threats for it. Unfortunately, you also fail to cover a lot of Pokemon and a lot of your sets are either unviable or outclassed, so to fix this team I'm going to have to change quite a bit. Most of the Stick Web playstyle revolves around sweeping teams slowed by webs, but you also have to make sure that you don't just lose to Pokemon that aren't effected by webs. This team is really weak to Flying-types like Dodrio and Swanna and Choice Scarf Rotom-F outspeeds everything thanks to Levitate.

First of all, Kricketune is an incredibly poor Pokemon. Leavanny is the only setter ever worth using because of its actually reasonable speed and cool support options like Knock Off and Electroweb. There's just no reason to keep Kricketune when the better option exists. Flareon is also not great on webs. The problem is that, even with webs up, you're still slower than lots of important things like Jumpluff, Floatzel, Electrode, Zebstrika, Dodrio, Swanna, etc. I think a very easy change that keeps the spirit of the mon is simply using Rapidash instead, which outspeeds all of those Pokemon except Jumpluff with webs up and also gets Wild Charge to hit Water-types.

As far as set changes go, I'd consider going with Wake-Up Slap over Sucker Punch on Purugly. You already have one form of priority and Sticky Web, but Pawniard is a really big threat to webs thanks to Defiant, so being able to lure it in and OHKO with a Fighting-type move is incredibly useful. On Misdreavus, Dazzling Gleam is pretty much useless coverage, basically the only thing you're hitting with it is Machoke. I would try Thunderbolt, which still hits Vullaby for you and also OHKOs Pawniard at +2 and is great neutral coverage. Also the four HP give you less switchins to Stealth Rock, so move those to Defense. As for Leafeon, a Specially Defensive set is just not a good idea. On webs you want to move fast and hit hard, SpDef Leafeon is a bad Pokemon in general but it also wastes time on webs. I would change this to a three attacks Swords Dance variant to better abuse the webs. Additionally, while this is not really standard at all, I'd consider running a Coba Berry. This prevents you from being revenged by Flying-types like Dodrio and Swanna who aren't affected by webs, which are pretty much the biggest threat to your team. If it sounds a bit gimmicky you could always go with standard Yache or even Meadow Plate, but I think the extra insurance versus Flyers should be useful.

Finally, while I really like the Pokemon, I think the best thing for your team is to replace Mr. Mime. You already have some really good wallbreakers, Healing Wish isn't too useful here, and you need better insurance versus birds and scarfed electrics. So I'm going to recommend changing it to Electabuzz, which provides you with a much bulkier mon that checks pretty much everything you need to for the team and really benefits from the way you already pressure Stunfisk well. As a side note, this teams lacks a Stealth Rock user and I could not find a good way to fit one onto the team, but since Rocks are fairly necessary on most teams I think it's worth looking into some sort of rocker over rapidash, the only issue with this is that you're dropping a lot of speed and an ice check here, so it would require even more fiddling.

Summary
Kricketune --> Leavanny
Flareon --> Rapidash
Mr. Mime --> Electabuzz
SpDef Leafeon --> Offensive Leafeon
Dazzling Gleam Misdreavus --> Thunderbolt Misdreavus
Sucker Punch Purugly --> Wake-Up Slap Purugly

Leavanny @ Focus Sash
Naive Nature
- Sticky Web
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Electroweb

Rapidash @ Charcoal
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Drill Run
- Will-O-Wisp

Purugly @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Knock Off
- Wake-Up Slap

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot

Leafeon @ Coba Berry
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Leaf Blade
- X-Scissor

Electabuzz @ Eviolite
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power Ice

This is a PU rmt, not NU. Also Hex really doesn't fit here, although scarf mime would be ok if the better solution wasn't to replace mr. mime
Hey, Sorry, I didn't realize you had to wait 2 weeks. My Bad. Thanks for rating my team though!
I made most of the changes you suggested, although there are a few I'm still not certain on and will require more testing.
Replacing flareon was hard. But I did it. Used almost the same rapidash you suggested but with morning sun over will o wisp because of 2 of my moves having recoil and I already have will o wisp on misdreavus. I also replaced Leafeon completely with Golem, to provide stealth rocks to combo with sticky web but maintain the same level of bulk, and I switched Mr. Mime to Electabuzz to check flying types alongside golem. And then, yeah, kricketune to leavanny. I don't know why I even chose kricketune in the first place, Leavanny is definitely all around better than kricketune. Been considering running some sort of utility move on electabuzz just because I think that might be useful combined with eviolite.
I'll tell you how it goes.

Leavanny @ Focus Sash
Naive Nature
- Sticky Web
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Electroweb

Rapidash @ Charcoal
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Drill Run
- Wild Charge
- Morning Sun

ROCK SOLID (Golem) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 20 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch

Electabuzz @ Eviolite
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)