Murdered teen

Crazy fuckers always existed. End of story. However, this story will be manipulated by other crazy fuckers into some sort of anti-muslim rally. Anyway, it is unfair to generalize this kind of behavior into society in general, nor is it a case of "parents letting their kids do what they want".

This is a case about a man who killed his daughter. End of story. We all know that this is an atypical case, and lets not degenerate it into anything else from there.

Misty

oh
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
This kind of thing happens every day to be honest :/

What would make MY blood boil is to see people use this to justify continued prejudice.

It is so a case, but it does not change the fact that religion itself (not muslim), values, has caused a man to kill his daughter.

What would make MY blood boil is to see people use this to justify continued prejudice.
You know its going to happen :-( Anti-Muslim feelings are at a high right now. I wouldn't be surprised to see this story referenced in a European story in the comming weeks or months.

It is so a case, but it does not change the fact that religion itself (not muslim), values, has caused a man to kill his daughter.
I'd argue it is far closer to a culture issue than religion. IIRC, muslims aren't allowed to murder, let alone murder their own children.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What's worse is that it was more because their friends were talking shit about it. It kind of reminds me of my parents and their circle of friends. Everything they want from us seems to be so that they can show off about us to everybody else and so no one can talk shit about us.

It's really annoying.

What's worse is that it was more because their friends were talking shit about it. It kind of reminds me of my parents and their circle of friends. Everything they want from us seems to be so that they can show off about us to everybody else and so no one can talk shit about us.

It's really annoying.
And I thought that is only a stereotype, you serious FR?

Naturally his religion is involved in the incident, because we can assume that he used a twisted interpretation of it to kill his daughter.

That doesn't put his religion at fault, it puts him at fault. I wouldn't blame the bible for that "god hates (BAN ME PLEASE)" church, I'd blame pure idiocy.

Naturally his religion is involved in the incident, because we can assume that he used a twisted interpretation of it to kill his daughter.

That doesn't put his religion at fault, it puts him at fault. I wouldn't blame the bible for that "god hates (BAN ME PLEASE)" church, I'd blame pure idiocy.
that's just it, mate. It is pure idiocy that caused this because he doesn't know "the rest of the world". I would correct by saying that the twisted perception of obeying a religion just indirectly caused a 16-year old girl to die, because her father is too fucking stupid.

Erm... while he probably got angry that his daughter was disobeying him, I doubt he wanted to kill her. While he probably wanted to beat her harshly, I seriously doubt he wanted to kill her, else she would have never gotten to the hospital in the first place.

Now if you really think it is religion, I expect you to come up with evidence of course... any particular religious muslim law that you know that allows people to kill their own daughter?

It's really annoying.
You say that as if its a bad thing to have pride in your own children and their achievements.

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Now if you really think it is religion, I expect you to come up with evidence of course... any particular religious muslim law that you know that allows people to kill their own daughter?
There is still a relation to be made with religion whether or not there is a law that allows you to kill your daughter if she disobeys you.

He felt she was dishonoring his family, his anger about it made him kill his own daughter. While you cannot blame the religion itself, it was a factor.

Dishonor goes far beyond just religion however. It covers every aspect of life, from culture, philosophy, family... even ambient tempurature has been shown to be correlational to anger, with probability of error <.01 and in some cases probability of error <.0001. If you accept the classic anger experiments (measure how hard people will shock someone in test conditions), then tempurature is causal to anger with probability of error <.05. (citation). (note: these are the same experiments that prove that video games make people more violent, which I guess is important to note)

Anger is an emotion that is caused by a lot of things and a huge number of factors. We can't simply pin it down to a few cultural aspects.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
... when the fuck are parents going to let their kids live like they want to?
While the context of your links certainly warrants asking such questions, parents need to keep a balance. They should not allow their kids to do things that can potentially harm themselves or others. They should, in other words, take care of their kids.

I agree that this girl just wanted to do normal things that all people of her age do, without harming herself or anyone, so what I said in the previous paragraph doesn't hold for her. Her parents were not responsible for her and in the end they harmed her and killed her.

However, I said it because it's easy to veer off the complete opposite direction of a statement when things such as this happen. A balance should be kept in my opinion. After all, nobody wants their kids to harm themselves because they let them do as they please.

Care factor: 0.0005

slightly above 0, because it's always a shame when a person dies young.. but it's just another fucked up day in a fucked up world.. shrugs

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
next time when you post a thread like this, the OP should have more substance than a few links and "i'm pissed off!"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)