Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

sORRY... I just clicked on the thread to post... didn't see that nifty article there! OMG, is there any easier way to make the nature timid? I've been doing this for five hours and I haven't found a timid nature PID

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
sORRY... I just clicked on the thread to post... didn't see that nifty article there! OMG, is there any easier way to make the nature timid? I've been doing this for five hours and I haven't found a timid nature PID
You can use the shiny egg time finder, but there is not currently an article on this. If you have not already successfully abused for wild Pokemon or egg IVs, then it will probably not work out for you, though.

I really need to finish the IVs revamp so I can get an article on this one written.

When I'm trying to breed and there is a Mesprit running wild, what Frame do I start on? Also, when breeding, does the frame keep moving with time or do you move it with journal flips? Thanks.

When I'm trying to breed and there is a Mesprit running wild, what Frame do I start on? Also, when breeding, does the frame keep moving with time or do you move it with journal flips? Thanks.
Each runner adds one to the frame.

Mingot's Awesome Guide said:
When collecting an egg, the frame will advance based on the amount of time that you spend before taking an egg.
You can also advance it with journal flips, but in this case it's too unreliable.

is there a more efficient way of finding shiny capture spreads than using the time finder in rng reporter? it takes literally hours search spreads on the time finder. i've seen the shiny-finder app, but is that only for egg abuse?

Supe

would you suck the poison out
is there a more efficient way of finding shiny capture spreads than using the time finder in rng reporter? it takes literally hours search spreads on the time finder. i've seen the shiny-finder app, but is that only for egg abuse?
Use Wichu's program, PokeRNG

In PokeRNG, I keep getting results that look like this:

3241158658F 08d375a3 (NAIVE, ability 1) 29/31/31/30/30/31 (Seed: 00000000 Frame: 3241158658) HP GROUND 69

So where it says 'Seed' is supposed to be the seed for dppt; however, all of my results have a 00000000 seed output. What's wrong?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Just got to Kanto and realized the Fanclub is right there. The ingame Lati is not generated till you exit the Fanclub after fixing the powerplant and retrieving the copycat doll right? It's safe to go in and out before that right?

In PokeRNG, I keep getting results that look like this:

3241158658F 08d375a3 (NAIVE, ability 1) 29/31/31/30/30/31 (Seed: 00000000 Frame: 3241158658) HP GROUND 69

So where it says 'Seed' is supposed to be the seed for dppt; however, all of my results have a 00000000 seed output. What's wrong?
Redo the search and make sure you are putting in actual numbers when it asks for the delay parameters. If you enter in 0 and 0 (for default) it will return seeds that have all zeroes for some reason. Just manually enter them in (I think it's 595 and 700 something) and you should be fine.

Just got to Kanto and realized the Fanclub is right there. The ingame Lati is not generated till you exit the Fanclub after fixing the powerplant and retrieving the copycat doll right? It's safe to go in and out before that right?
Yes, it's safe to go in before that.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Looking for a Lower frame seed that's in the 490ish range. I don't care about dates. :P Here's what I've found so far... (all Timid, Method 1)

10020260, 31/14/31/30/30/31 HP Ground 70, Frame 1150, D 509
f00a01eb, 29/9/31/30/30/31 HP Ground 68, Frame 5303, D 491
150d0231, 31/19/31/30/30/31 HP Ground 70, Frame 5252, D 490ish

I've already checked "X-Treem Search Spreads" and PokeRNG.

Anybody got a better spread, or another place I could check for one? High frames don't usually bother me, but if I could find a lower one, it would be nice. :)

JavaRNG Version 1.10 is out!

I added a Progress Bar to tell you how much of the Search has progressed, as well as changed it so that if the Hidden Power Minimum Power that you entered is less than or equal to fifty and no Hidden Power Type is selected (even "ANY"), then it automatically sets it to "ANY."

Download it here and now!

@mattj: The only way to get lower frames is to expand your delay search range. How confident are you with a 5000+ delay on Emloop?
EDIT: You haven't tried my program yet! (lol) No, seriously, just put about 300 seconds (five minutes) in for Max Wait, and you will be amazed how much the frames lower (but the delays go through the roof).

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
JavaRNG Version 1.10 is out!

I added a Progress Bar to tell you how much of the Search has progressed, as well as changed it so that if the Hidden Power Minimum Power that you entered is less than or equal to fifty and no Hidden Power Type is selected (even "ANY"), then it automatically sets it to "ANY."

Download it here and now!

@mattj: The only way to get lower frames is to expand your delay search range. How confident are you with a 5000+ delay on Emloop?
EDIT: You haven't tried my program yet! (lol) No, seriously, just put about 300 seconds (five minutes) in for Max Wait, and you will be amazed how much the frames lower (but the delays go through the roof).

???? Oh! I didn't realize your program was different than PokeRNG?! I thought it was just a different version or something?! I'll Download it now! :D

???? Oh! I didn't realize your program was different than PokeRNG?! I thought it was just a different version or something?! I'll Download it now! :D
It is the same thing basically, but it has the option to put in how long you are willing to wait on the title screen for Emloop as opposed to just inputting delays. Widening a delay range lowers the frames on anything, so you could do it for PokeRNG by putting in a max delay of 18000 (five minutes) or something similiar. Mentioning my program was me just being a self-advocate :P.

It will be something different, eventually, though.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
It is the same thing basically, but it has the option to put in how long you are willing to wait on the title screen for Emloop as opposed to just inputting delays. Widening a delay range lowers the frames on anything, so you could do it for PokeRNG by putting in a max delay of 18000 (five minutes) or something similiar. Mentioning my program was me just being a self-advocate :P.

It will be something different, eventually, though.
Still worth a download! Thanks. :)

Hello, need help RNG my pokemon egg IVs

I can RNG shiny and RNG Natures + abilities easily, but Im struggling with the other RNG process (my head is also hurting for calculus and I have finals this week, so this will basically be my best time to learn to RNG successfully before I go back to college)

Im trying to hatch a hp 70 electric horsea. 31/31/31/30/31/31

My target frame is 6

My target seed is 9E11026F

Im having problem hitting my target time but I have several question.

My target date is 12/11/09 at 17:11:15
So my synchonize time is 17:00:00
and my reset time is 17:11:00

So my questions are

1. Do I need to press A on the continue page at 17:11:15 or should I be at the journal summary at 17:11:15.

2. When I go into the world it always seems that the burneary always move 1 frame. Isn't it messing my RNG?

3.Is it possible for me to use my AR and bypass the restart time are is this a stupid idea? Im asking because as you know, if you S-R with an AR, it dont work (or at least mine doesnt)

4. Does it matter that I use my AR to gather my delays 592-618 and my avg seconds 15 and use it for the DPPt Time Finder?

5.On for adjecent spread, is the min max frame is both my target frame?

6. Can someone please clarify on how to use the coin flip app to see if I hit my target frame?

7. Is using the emloop be required in order to RNG wild pokemon IV with non-wierd catch dates?

8. Will I be able to try to it my target frame anytime or will my target frame change in a certain period?

9. Will it be possible to RNG legends such Heatran and Darkrai and maybe Giratini on June 6 2006?

Thanks in advance to who ever help me

Ok some help needed:

I've been trying to radar abuse a swarm beldum. My frame is in the high 800s and I know what my seed is based on the patches pattern. Lucky me, the first patch I get when hitting the right seed is a Beldum and after checking the seed the first time, I looked up the frame and it was 11 (actual was 33). Now, the next patch is 3 steps away but counting the turns it is 5 frames. I have succesfully captured that Calm Beldum at frame 11 twice now but after doing the journal flips (400ish) the frames were advanced first to 901 (was targeting 898) and then 917 (target frame was 893). Is there any NPC around route 228? Or is it the sandstorm that is advancing the frame? I don't have any roamers and I'm pretty sure I did my flips correctly.

Pokeradar abuse can be very random. I don't know about NPCs on that route, but I'm guessing you're just having some bad luck. I've missed my target by 80+ and then the next try doing the exact same thing only missed it by 3 or 4. Pokeradar abuse is not really much of an exact science. I'm not sure what causes all the variation but it can be pretty annoying.

Hello, need help RNG my pokemon egg IVs

I can RNG shiny and RNG Natures + abilities easily, but Im struggling with the other RNG process (my head is also hurting for calculus and I have finals this week, so this will basically be my best time to learn to RNG successfully before I go back to college)

Im trying to hatch a hp 70 electric horsea. 31/31/31/30/31/31

My target frame is 6

My target seed is 9E11026F

Im having problem hitting my target time but I have several question.

My target date is 12/11/09 at 17:11:15
So my synchonize time is 17:00:00
and my reset time is 17:11:00
No, your clock synchronise time is probably 17:10:00 (That may have been a typo of course)

So my questions are

1. Do I need to press A on the continue page at 17:11:15 or should I be at the journal summary at 17:11:15.
A on the continue page at that time.

2. When I go into the world it always seems that the burneary always move 1 frame. Isn't it messing my RNG?
I think people have said it doesn't.

3.Is it possible for me to use my AR and bypass the restart time are is this a stupid idea? Im asking because as you know, if you S-R with an AR, it dont work (or at least mine doesnt)

4. Does it matter that I use my AR to gather my delays 592-618 and my avg seconds 15 and use it for the DPPt Time Finder?
If you use AR to CHANGE anything, you're no longer legitimately RNG abusing. If you use it merely to FIND things, that's generally legit.

7. Is using the emloop be required in order to RNG wild pokemon IV with non-wierd catch dates?
No. You can use ANY precise and accurate timer. Using something other than emloop may require some calibration though, to get the relation between milliseconds and delay.

9. Will it be possible to RNG legends such Heatran and Darkrai and maybe Giratini on June 6 2006?
Should be. Don't forget Darkrai you need from an event.

No, your clock synchronise time is probably 17:10:00 (That may have been a typo of course)

yes i meant that sorry.

If you use AR to CHANGE anything, you're no longer legitimately RNG abusing. If you use it merely to FIND things, that's generally legit.

I use it to quickly check IV in RNG'ing

Should be. Don't forget Darkrai you need from an event.
I have darkrai event card I just havent caught him yet. I also have the event for Arecus x3, Shaymin, and ingame Heatran. I just been waiting to catch them when I learn to RNG correctly

Also about question 1
If I reset at 17:11:00 and I get to the Continue page it 17:11:13, do I stall for 2 second and press A?
Thanks for your help

When RNG capturing pokes in grass,caves etc what are the typical actions that i should perform?
So far i've been doing only legends(hit seed,heads/tails,journal flips or walking around to advance the frames),so im comfortable with these actions.Is there anything else i should do for wild pokes.
Also,lets say that i hit my seed and advanced my frames,will walking in the grass to encounter the poke,actually advance my frames further?

When RNG capturing pokes in grass,caves etc what are the typical actions that i should perform?
So far i've been doing only legends(hit seed,heads/tails,journal flips or walking around to advance the frames),so im comfortable with these actions.Is there anything else i should do for wild pokes.
Also,lets say that i hit my seed and advanced my frames,will walking in the grass to encounter the poke,actually advance my frames further?
Yes walking in the grass advances the frame further. You use sweet scent to encounter the pokemon. It is the same thing as legends. Hit seed, flip the coin, journal flips, then sweet scent to battle. You have to check if there are any NPCs that will advance your frame. If you can battle them, do so, which should make them stop moving. Also, the math for wild pokemon are a little bit different. You subtract an extra 1 from your target frame because sweet scenting advances 1 also.

Yes walking in the grass advances the frame further. You use sweet scent to encounter the pokemon. It is the same thing as legends. Hit seed, flip the coin, journal flips, then sweet scent to battle. You have to check if there are any NPCs that will advance your frame. If you can battle them, do so, which should make them stop moving. Also, the math for wild pokemon are a little bit different. You subtract an extra 1 from your target frame because sweet scenting advances 1 also.
Thank a lot LF.Some more things..

I suppose wild pokes are all method 1.Also lets say that i abuse for a certain poke in an area where more kinds of pokes may appear e.g starly/bidoof and im abusing for a starly.How can i be sure that the one that i encounter,while sweet scenting,will be starly and not bidoof?

Thank a lot LF.Some more things..

I suppose wild pokes are all method 1.Also lets say that i abuse for a certain poke in an area where more kinds of pokes may appear e.g starly/bidoof and im abusing for a starly.How can i be sure that the one that i encounter,while sweet scenting,will be starly and not bidoof?
They are method J. Look below the first post and it will talk about encounter slots. It tells you which pokemon you will be battling on which frame based on the area you are in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)