Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I just tried to use PokeRNG to search for a 31/x/31/31/31/0 Quiet spread, and all of my results have a seed of 0. What's the deal here?

Also, when running the version of the program that is currently available for download, it says "Version 1.0"... is this a typo, or do I need to go somewhere else for version 1.1?

Thanks!
I've had the problem of it returning 00000000 for the seed. Make sure instead of using 0 when entering delays for the default setting, actually type out 595 and 735 or whichever delays you want to use.

Sure, just for some reason when entering 0 and 0 for the delays, it will return seeds of 00000000. I usually type in 595 and 2500/3000 or something (if using emloop).
Phew Alright tks a bunch!
But when searching on the RNG reporter, you can only max a delay of 999, that means you have to imput the seed and generate right?
At the Search Start/End is always 0 right?

Phew Alright tks a bunch!
But when searching on the RNG reporter, you can only max a delay of 999, that means you have to imput the seed and generate right?
At the Search Start/End is always 0 right?
When I put it in RNG Reporter, I just moved the year to like 2300 or something so I could input the delay under 1000.

Edit: And yes, I always put 0 and 0 for the frames.

When I put it in RNG Reporter, I just moved the year to like 2300 or something so I could input the delay under 1000.
Ah ok but just forgot I just need to imput the seed in the Time to Seed Finder...tks a bunch it's working without flaws, one last Q., it there a way to check all your nature in one scoop?

Ah ok but just forgot I just need to imput the seed in the Time to Seed Finder...tks a bunch it's working without flaws, one last Q., it there a way to check all your nature in one scoop?
Yes, in PokeRNG, when it asks for nature just type something that isn't actually a nature, and it should search all of them.

I'm using the Shiny Egg finder in RNG Reporter for the first time. Does the extra flips and taps that are given assume you are starting on the Coin Flip app, or not. For instance, I reset and do my 10 flips to verify my initial seed, then do I go to the Happiness Checker, do the taps and go back to the Coin Flips, or can I stay and do the Coin Flips first and then switch to the Happiness Checker and do the taps?

I'm using the Shiny Egg finder in RNG Reporter for the first time. Does the extra flips and taps that are given assume you are starting on the Coin Flip app, or not. For instance, I reset and do my 10 flips to verify my initial seed, then do I go to the Happiness Checker, do the taps and go back to the Coin Flips, or can I stay and do the Coin Flips first and then switch to the Happiness Checker and do the taps?
10 Flips to check Seed
-Go to happiness checker
X Amount of Hapiness Tap
--Go to coin application
X Amount of Coin Flips

That should do it.

Assuming I want to get a wild pokemon in the grass with a frame of 586, should the flips/ steps look like this?

586- 2(Monster Frame)-0 (No roamers)-1(Using sweet scent.)= 583

Which I'd split up into

291 flips and one step forward.

And this is at lake aquity so there shouldn't be any NPC's, right?

Assuming I want to get a wild pokemon in the grass with a frame of 586, should the flips/ steps look like this?

586- 2(Monster Frame)-0 (No roamers)-1(Using sweet scent.)= 583

Which I'd split up into

291 flips and one step forward.

And this is at lake aquity so there shouldn't be any NPC's, right?
Sweet scenting a pokemon in grass is 1 for the monster frame. So you would have to do 584/2

haunter

Banned deucer.
Note that if the "Total required RNG advances" is odd, you should subtract one from this number and then calculate the page flips. This will leave you one frame shy of your target; this can be made up with NPC movements by slightly pausing between canceling the Journal and collecting your gift.
Does this refer to each and evey NPC in the market? and what does exactly "movement" mean? Even a single step or turn in any direction?

Thanks in advance.

This refers to any moving NPCs in the market. Sandgem is the ideal town to do it in, since only one moves. If the NPC turns, it is 1 advancement, and if it walks, it is 1 advancement.

What I did was open the menu. Then close and open the menu while flipping the coin in the middle to confirm you hit your seed. Hopefully the NPC doesn't move while flipping long enough for you to be sure it is the right seed. Once you are sure, just keep closing and opening the menu until the NPC starts to move from 1 square to another (I do this when he is as far as possible north, which I think is 1 from the wall), pausing him in the middle of the two squares. This is 1 advancement, then you do your journal flips. If you mess up and he walks move, you know what to do, like how many less journal flips.

haunter

Banned deucer.
So, correct me if I'm wrong, if I first do the journal flips and then wait for a NPC to make a movement (assuming that I'm trying to hit an odd "Total required RNG advances"), and then I collect the gift, am I doing it correctly? Thanks for your time.

So, correct me if I'm wrong, if I first do the journal flips and then wait for a NPC to make a movement (assuming that I'm trying to hit an odd "Total required RNG advances"), and then I collect the gift, am I doing it correctly? Thanks for your time.
Yes, although in my experience that is a very unreliable method. Much easier would be to have a roaming pokemon lose which would +1 to your starting frame, making hitting an odd numbered offset much easier.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I got the correct number of advancements by paying very very close attention and letting the NPC walk to create an odd number of advancements (1, or, 3, or 5 depending on how fast I could whip the journal open) and THEN doing my journal flips. I tried it the other way around, but he'd keep walking different steps, so I just let him walk any random number of odd steps first and then made up the difference with journal flips.

Worked well for me several times. :)

In the RNG reporter 7.01, under DPPt Time Finder - DPPt Shiny Egg there is this message:
"Please note that the number of flips and taps that are listed assume that you will also be doing 10 coin flips to verify your initial seed."

Does this mean that I first do the coinflips to verify my seed and then I do the taps and flips and put the parents in the day-care? * I have a Diamond.

Does this mean that I first do the coinflips to verify my seed and then I do the taps and flips and put the parents in the day-care? * I have a Diamond.
Yes. Turn to the Coin Flip application, save and reset. Do the first ten coin flips first, switch to the Happiness Checker, do the taps, and then go back to the Coin Flip app again to flip.

In the RNG reporter 7.01, under DPPt Time Finder - DPPt Shiny Egg there is this message:
"Please note that the number of flips and taps that are listed assume that you will also be doing 10 coin flips to verify your initial seed."

You don't have to do it, it just depends on your method of working.

If you are SRing for a particular seed, you may check you seed is correct by two methods. A) doing coin flips to see when they match, or B) catching a Lv.50+ pokemon and using the initial stats to seed function of RNG reporter.

If you are doing A) then you follow the exact instructions under the DPPt Shiny Egg finder. I.E. doing 10 flips to check seed, then doing the indicated number of taps and flips before placing your pokemon into the daycare and producing an egg.

Or if you are doing B), place the seed in the main window, generate under DPPt Egg PID (Normal) or (International) (Depending on parents to be used). Then right click the frame you want and select 'Calculate Poketch Taps', then correctly do the required number of taps and flips before place the parents into the daycare and producing your egg.

Wow, that was fast, thank you! ^-^

I got the feeling that it would be possible to combine the "DPPt Shiny Egg" and the "DPPt Egg IVs" to get perfect and shiny Eggs - though I haven't tried. Am I right?

Wow, that was fast, thank you! ^-^

I got the feeling that it would be possible to combine the "DPPt Shiny Egg" and the "DPPt Egg IVs" to get perfect and shiny Eggs - though I haven't tried. Am I right?
More than possible, it's what the pro's always do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)