Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

The date and time on the RNG reporter is the same as my DS, June 1st 2009. Then I get the "No reasonable initial seed found" message. Maybe it's something with version 4.1? That's the version I have.

The date and time on the RNG reporter is the same as my DS, June 1st 2009. Then I get the "No reasonable initial seed found" message. Maybe it's something with version 4.1? That's the version I have.
I'm not aware of what bugs the old version might have, but 4.1 always worked fine for me. If you take way too long to catch your poke to find your seed, it will also not give you any initial seeds.

I'm catching a Magikarp at the Resort area, it's not taking a long time. And I wasn't having any problems before, this is more recent. I don't know, but the doing correct taps and not getting a shiny is really annoying.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
@ FeatherPika - Earlier you say you did the taps and now you say you can't get an initial seed? Which is really your problem?

Also, what version, exactly, are you using? If you are using a version that lets you enter stats make sure you have latest. And I would quit the resort karps because if it takes you 5 or 6 catches to get a high level your initial seed will not be found. The advice to catch karps was removed from the OP a while back. Catch a level 50+ monster on route 226+ and use the stat time finder in the lastest version.

The only version of the program has had a bug in the initial seed finder was 5.0, and then only if entering stats, and then only if the characteristic of the monster was "scatters things often" or "often scatters things". In short, if you are using any other version other than 5.0 you are doing something wrong.

@ FeatherPika - Earlier you say you did the taps and now you say you can't get an initial seed? Which is really your problem?

Also, what version, exactly, are you using? If you are using a version that lets you enter stats make sure you have latest. And I would quit the resort karps because if it takes you 5 or 6 catches to get a high level your initial seed will not be found. The advice to catch karps was removed from the OP a while back. Catch a level 50+ monster on route 226+ and use the stat time finder in the lastest version.

The only version of the program has had a bug in the initial seed finder was 5.0, and then only if entering stats, and then only if the characteristic of the monster was "scatters things often" or "often scatters things". In short, if you are using any other version other than 5.0 you are doing something wrong.
It was both, but now I'm getting seeds so it's the not shiny. And I'm using Version 4.10, I can't get the newest until maybe later tonight. And it's taking me one try to catch a karp, one cast of the rod and the first karp. But I'm almost positive that I didn't mess up happiness checker taps that were less than 100 four times in a row.

Magikarp = Heads

Right?

EDIT: another question, do i need to have open the journal when i click continue?
Magikarp=heads

What are you trying to do? Method J or eggs?

You can have the journal open for Method J, as long as you make sure to count it as 2 consumed seeds if the page has a caught pokemon on it.

Dark-Ryu

Spammer
Magikarp=heads

What are you trying to do? Method J or eggs?

You can have the journal open for Method J, as long as you make sure to count it as 2 consumed seeds if the page has a caught pokemon on it.
Im using method J and I have the journal closed, cause first I'm checking that i hit the correct delay with the coin application o.o
And if i see that i have the right delay then ill open the journal.

Is this correct?

Im using method J and I have the journal closed, cause first I'm checking that i hit the correct delay with the coin application o.o

Is this correct?
Right. Good luck with whatever you're resetting. ^^

Is this correct?
Yes, once you get the right delay you open the journal. Then do the right flips to advance the RNG.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
It was both, but now I'm getting seeds so it's the not shiny. And I'm using Version 4.10, I can't get the newest until maybe later tonight. And it's taking me one try to catch a karp, one cast of the rod and the first karp. But I'm almost positive that I didn't mess up happiness checker taps that were less than 100 four times in a row.
Well, there is no bug in 4.10, so a new version is not going to help you. So, is the egg the correct nature and ability or completely different? If the same, get the next few eggs, uncheck shiny only, and generate. See if they match the next few that are on the list. If they do, then you definitely have the wrong SID. If they don't it's most likely that you messed up the taps or didn't switch away from the happiness checker as you are supposed to.

Dark-Ryu

Spammer
I have another question.
Im doing the test with the coin flips and I get the first 9 flips correctly, but I fail at the 10th try, I assume that I have to reset, right?

I start on the Dowsing machine app, then I go to the coin flip app. Would staying on the coin flip app while getting the egg mess it up? And it's not the wrong SID, I've gotten at least 15 shinies with it. And no, it never is the same nature and the pokemon I'm trying to breed (cyndaquil) has one ability.

EDIT. BTW, I found the seed problem was caused by not inputting the IVs fast enough, thanks Tase.

mingot

free agent
I have another question.
Im doing the test with the coin flips and I get the first 9 flips correctly, but I fail at the 10th try, I assume that I have to reset, right?
Yes, they all have to match.

I start on the Dowsing machine app, then I go to the coin flip app. Would staying on the coin flip app while getting the egg mess it up? And it's not the wrong SID, I've gotten at least 15 shinies with it. And no, it never is the same nature and the pokemon I'm trying to breed (cyndaquil) has one ability.
Staying on the coin flip is fine.

But what about the happiness checker application?

Anyhow, since you're not getting the correct nature I suggest you hatch 5 or 6 eggs and look for the same pattern in the generated list to at least give you a clue. NONE of the code for generating the egg PID spreads has changed. Ever.

EDIT: When you say "not putting the ivs in fast enough" you do mean waiting too long/doing too many things in game before catching a pokemon, right? Because you can catch something and enter it the next day and as long as you put in the right times/date it will still work.

Ok, if this egg isn't shiny I'll try that. And since the Happiness checker has the greatest chance of getting messed up I do that first, then the coin flips.

Dark-Ryu

Spammer
Yes, they all have to match.

Staying on the coin flip is fine.

But what about the happiness checker application?

Anyhow, since you're not getting the correct nature I suggest you hatch 5 or 6 eggs and look for the same pattern in the generated list to at least give you a clue. NONE of the code for generating the egg PID spreads has changed. Ever.

EDIT: When you say "not putting the ivs in fast enough" you do mean waiting too long/doing too many things in game before catching a pokemon, right? Because you can catch something and enter it the next day and as long as you put in the right times/date it will still work.
Ok, now the last question, i have failed 4 times at the 10 flip, does that mean that im hitting the same delay?

YES! IT'S SHINY! Unfortunately I didn't save in front of the egg. >_< But that tells me that whatever was happening was my fault. Thanks for being so patient and answering my questions Mingot.

Ok, now the last question, i have failed 4 times at the 10 flip, does that mean that im hitting the same delay?
Most likely. Either that, or there are multiple, adjacent seeds with the same 10 coin flip sequence. Meaning you're probably hitting the same seed over and over. You might consider adjusting your time to hit that delay you're getting consistently.

Dark-Ryu

Spammer
Most likely. Either that, or there are multiple, adjacent seeds with the same 10 coin flip sequence. Meaning you're probably hitting the same seed over and over. You might consider adjusting your time to hit that delay you're getting consistently.
Umm, well here is my data
14-612
14-600
14-596
14-614
15-602
15-606
14-594
15-608
15-608
15-594
15-604
15-596
14-600
15-600
14-598
15-618
14-600
15-612
15-596
15-594
And I'm using 15 seconds and delay 600
Or should i go with other delay?

Umm, well here is my data

And I'm using 15 seconds and delay 600
Or should i go with other delay?
It depends. If you keep on getting that same sequence of Coin Flips, go catch a wild poke, find your seed with the seed finder. Look at which seed (seconds/delay combination) you're getting. If you think you're going to keep getting that seed, adjust your date/time accordingly. I had to do this when I was resetting an egg a while ago.

Dark-Ryu

Spammer
It depends. If you keep on getting that same sequence of Coin Flips, go catch a wild poke, find your seed with the seed finder. Look at which seed (seconds/delay combination) you're getting. If you think you're going to keep getting that seed, adjust your date/time accordingly. I had to do this when I was resetting an egg a while ago.
Okay, I'll keep going to see what happens, if I don't get any results in few hours I'll do that, thanks!

Hello .
im having a problem getting the same delay in catching a perfect pokemon
the secinds where 48 the delay was 604
so i have to reset 48 seconds before the target time and press continue
im using my laptops clock
and the target time doesnt come right
and one more question if the frame was 612 and i was going for dialga how many journal flips should i do ?
thanks

Hello .
im having a problrm getting the same delay in catching a perfect pokemon
the secinds where 48 the delay was 604
so i have to reset 48 seconds before the target time and press continue
im using my laptops clock
and the target time doesnt come right
and one more question if the frame was 612 and i was going for dialga how many journal flips should i do ?
thanks
I'm not sure I understand your first question, but

Frame of 612, you subtract one for the initial frame. Take an odd number of pokemon in your party with you (1, 3, or 5) and walk 128 steps in front of Dialga. However many pokemon were in your party when you did this, subtract that many frames (so if you had 1 in your party, subtract one more frame). Depending on that, you'll have either 610, 608, or 606 frames remaining. Divide that number by 2 to get your number of journal flips.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)