Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Parents shouldn't be in the daycare. Either have them in your party, or the PC with nothing in the daycare. Have 5 in your party, catch a pokemon to verify your seed. Then do your taps/flips, fly to Solaceon, deposit/withdraw parents and then run around for the egg. Don't change from the coin flip app until the egg is ready. Then save, collect and hatch.

Hmm... when you do the coin flip trick to find your delay are you flipping it ten times exactly? That was a problem for me when I was trying to learn this...

Yea I'm doing that. I honestly can't see any discrepancies between my method and the guide's. Maybe I'm just tired though. I also might try inserting the parents after doing my flips and shit.

Yeah, maybe try that. The only other thing I could think of is if you put the wrong information into the shiny finder like gender ratio. I do that sometimes too. =P Sorry I'm not that much of a help. =/

Yeah, maybe try that. The only other thing I could think of is if you put the wrong information into the shiny finder like gender ratio. I do that sometimes too. =P Sorry I'm not that much of a help. =/
OMG! You were actually right, it was gender ratio! I thought Abra was 50/50. FML.

Looks like you ARE that much of a help. :P

Okay wait what the FUCK?! It gives me the exact same time, taps, flips, sequence, EVERYTHING! So apparently that wasn't the problem... FML again.

I have no idea what else could be wrong then... You're saving and starting your game with six pokemon in your party, right? And you're not going for the wrong delay still? xD

Are you using the Shiny Egg Finder tab in RNG Reporter? If so, ignore what it says for the flips/taps in there. Take the seed of the shiny egg you find there and transfer it to the main screen, and then find your shiny spread in there (using the DPPt (Normal) method). Right click on your shiny spread and you will get different taps/flips to what it says in the shiny egg tab. Use these.

If you're doing it the old way with stupid amounts of taps, then I don't know, you're probably messing up with the parents still.

EDIT: I believe MinusOnes shiny egg thing is implemented into RNG reporter now, so use THAT

Those aren't the problem. :(

Anyone else have any ideas based on this pathetic series of posts?

Okay I'm confused here. I THOUGHT I had done everything right and was about to get my first shiny egg, but instead out pops a gay, little, Mild, regular Abra. I'm trying to hit my delay to give myself a shiny egg that I want.

So I'm standing in Route 226, my parents at the ready, 5 pokemon in my party. I reset at my correct reset time. I have saved with the Coin Flip App open and I do my 10 flips (no more, no less) and they match the ones RNG reporter tells me I'm supposed to get. So then I switch to the Happiness Checker and do my 21 double taps, and afterward switch to the Coin Flip again and do my 4 flips. Then I fly to Solaceon, put my parents (no everstone) in the Daycare, run around and save in front of an egg that wasn't at all what I wanted.

What did I do wrong?

EDIT: Fuck, was it the 5 pokemon part? I just looked at the program by MinusOne and saw that there. Oh well, I guess it was probably a blessing in disguise because after missing my delay over and over I used that open slot to catch pokemon, which eventually led to the realization I should be shooting for a delay 12 lower than what I was. Meh.
Okay I just did the exact same thing except this time the parents were already in the daycare and I had 6 guys in my party. I don't get it............
I'm doing this method.
OMG! You were actually right, it was gender ratio! I thought Abra was 50/50. FML.

Looks like you ARE that much of a help. :P
Okay wait what the FUCK?! It gives me the exact same time, taps, flips, sequence, EVERYTHING! So apparently that wasn't the problem... FML again.

Diesel I've told you twice now how to get a shiny egg lol why don't you read my posts and try it? You're messing up because

1. you didnt have the right number of 'mons in your party (ie 5, then 6 when you catch the pokemon to check your seed BEFORE FLIPS/TAPS)

2. you already had parents in the daycare.

3. your SID is wrong, but you would have gotten the correct nature, just not shiny.

Diesel, if none of Dan Dan's stuff works, I have one more thing. You have 75% Male and 25% Female, right? I just checked on my RNG Reporter 7.0 and it changed everything when you said on yours nothing changed.

Sorry Dan Dan I didn't see you second post until just now. I'm a little confused still though. So the second time I tried it with 6 pokemon in the party, and I'm pretty sure I followed MinusOne's instructions exactly, while using his program (which produced the same results as Time Finder on RNG Reporter, obviously). You're saying this is wrong and that I should be catching a pokemon no matter what, even though I can verify my delay with flips? And also, should I be using the taps from MinusOne's program or doing the copy/paste seed thing you mentioned?

And I am pretty certain my SID is correct. I got the wrong nature on both pokemon I hatched (they were both Mild and Male with Inner Focus).

Sorry I'm not quite catching on, bear with me here.

Edit: Shawk - I'm guessing it'll change in some cases. I played with it a little bit and it removed some spreads and added others to my list of options. I definitely double and triple checked on both programs.

Compare the taps with MinusOne's program to the one's you get if you enter your seed into the main window of RNG reporter. If they are different, I would definately go with the one's in RNG reporter, they've not failed me yet. I never verify my delay with flips, only by catching a pokemon.

Hmm okay, I'll try it your way and see how that goes. Do you do the flips anyway? If not, what App do you save on?

@Dizzybanana: LFusion said he would get a guide to pokeradaring up in a few days, he still has to figure some things out though. I'm trying to do it myself and having a hard time ;P

Hmm okay, I'll try it your way and see how that goes. Do you do the flips anyway? If not, what App do you save on?
I save on App 5, in the Resort Area right next to where I can fish, with the Super Rod on quick select.

I only do the flips that RNG reporter tells me to do, none to verify the frame - the Magikarp you catch should do that for you. Make sure you're resetting at the right time as well.

Maybe you were on the happiness checker application? Other than that the coin flips will match, unless you perform them on a route with weather.

But the thing was I was in front of the daycare man after collecting the egg and for the app I was on I always keep it on the coin flip app at the iv stage of breeding.

i have used Wichu's programme to find a good shiny adamant spread and it popped out with this:

eb8bf144 - adamant - ability 0 - 30/30/25/3/27/31 - dragon 67

i input the ID and SID directly from my RNGreporter. so even if i have them incorrect from my actual game, they're exactly the same as i input into RNGReporter and Wichu's programme

anyway, when i used RNGReporter, i try IVs to PID, it gives me some conflicting information....

Seed: C03EA4B - PID: EB8BF144 - method1 - ability 0 - SID: 55384

it also gives me a method 3 which i know is for emerald.

the problem is that my OT and SID are 49812 and 55390

so the PIDs match up, but the SIDs do not... did i do something wrong?
i just don't see how i could misstype 84 from 90... i redid it several times and got the same result.

EDIT: i'm using RNGReporter 7.0 and PokeRNG 1.0 btw.

Ok, don't use the IVs to PID to find what seed to use, just stick what Wichu's program says. Just telling you this so you don't ask why it doesn't work when trying to find a time.

SIDs only use like the first 13 digits of the 16 digit binary number they actually are. So any number RNG reporter says will be the SID, the next 8 are included. So it is shiny from 55384 - 55382, and your SID is in there.

Well, I've just caught my first ever flawless Pokémon, which is Darkrai. Hopefully, this is going to get cloned and put in a giveaway, when I think of an epic nickname for it.

Thanks to everyone here who helped put together the RNG reporter, especially to Mingot.

(I'm talking about the calibration phase and I'm just wondering if I'm doing anything wrong..)

Hey, does it really make a difference if I catch a pokemon that's lv 049 and not > lv 050? If it does, where should I catch lv 50 and above?

Also, to find my initial seed I input the exact time that I hit the continue button right before I catch the wild pokemon, right?

Finally, when I start the game and am about to start the timer for one minute (to see when to soft reset), do I start the time when I hit the continue button, or as soon as the game world comes onto the screen (which is usually 2 seconds later due to a short black screen).

Thanks!

@gcom: It doesn't make a difference what level the pokemon you catch is, the important thing is to figure out its IV's (which, when not using an AR, is easier to do with higher level pokemon). The patch of grass north of the resort area usually sports pokemon around level 50, 52.

You need to enter the exact time to the minute you turned on your game.

For your last question, just calibrate your DS time settings to a minute before your target time. Soft reset the game when you hit the minute of your target time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)