Team Monotype Premier League IX - Finals (Won by Hearthome Honchkrows)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ken

gm
is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
Monotype Leader

Art by Swiffix
  • Follow all rules listed here.
  • Schedule via Smogon VMs. It's easier for me to make decisions for activity calls when I can actually see what went down with scheduling.
  • If you are unable to schedule with your opponent, please let your managers know ASAP so they can communicate that to me or the other team's managers for a potential substitute.
  • Substitutions may be made after a week has started. When making a substitution, please tag myself, the managers of the opposing team, and all of the players affected by the substitute to ensure that everyone is made aware. Players who have already played in the week or were subbed out in the same week cannot be subbed back in.
  • If a match remains incomplete by the time of the deadline, it will be subject to an activity call.
  • Replays are mandatory. Not only are they useful for confirming wins, they contribute to usage stats and allow the people who couldn't watch the games live to watch them later.
  • Managers: Please send me your lineups in the same format that I used to post pairings. It makes it much easier to post future rounds more quickly.
>>Spreadsheet<<
Courtesy of ken
>>Commencement<<
>>Replays and Usage<<
>>Scheduling<<

vs

Wayward Wakes (3) vs (5) Hearthome Honchkrows
SV: Leafium Z vs Cell
SV: Shaneghoul vs Scarfire
SV: ikiarihS vs Trichotomy
SV: TheWyvernKing vs Vodoom
SS: maki vs Jojo8868
SM: QWILY vs Leo
ORAS: Dj Breloominati♬ vs fade
BW: Booty vs Attribute

Wayward Wakes (0) vs (0) Hearthome Honchkrows

Congrats to both teams for making it to finals and good luck.
The deadline for this round is Sunday, August 20th at 11:59 PM GMT -4.

Predictions:

SV:
Leafium Z vs Cell

Leafium Z's Venusaur is so distracted by the smell of Cell's delicious Curry that it abandons the battle and joins the picnic happening on the sidelines. Leafium Z forfeits but wins the title of "Most Food-Enthusiastic Pokémon."

Scarfire's Pokémon accidentally trip over Shaneghoul's strategically placed banana peels. The battle turns into a slapstick comedy, and Scarfire's team wins by being the most entertaining.

ikiarihS's Pokémon challenge Trichotomy's team to a Pokémon pun contest. ikiarihS's puns are so bad that they become good, earning them a pun-tastic victory.

TheWyvernKing's Pokémon engage Vodoom's team in a heated game of "Pokémon Charades." TheWyvernKing's team nails every clue, securing victory through theatrical prowess.

maki's Pokémon start a rock-paper-scissors tournament with Jojo8868's team mid-battle. Somehow, maki's Pokémon manage to anticipate Jojo8868's choices every time and emerge victorious.

Leo's Pokémon challenge QWILY's team to a "Who Can Make the Silliest Face" competition. Leo's team's hilarious expressions break QWILY's concentration, leading to an unexpected win.

Dj Breloominati♬'s Pokémon organize a dance-off, and fade's team gets so wrapped up in perfecting their dance moves that they forget to attack. Dj Breloominati♬ wins with the most danceable routine.

Booty's Pokémon propose a "Best in Show" competition for the most impressive hairstyle. Attribute's meticulously styled Pokémon come out on top, proving that looking fabulous is the ultimate strategy.

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader

could see booty vs attribute deciding whether wakes win the series or go to tiebreak

Ashbala

You can pretend that it was me, but no, oh ♪
is a Pre-Contributor
SV: ikiarihS vs Trichotomy (want shiraiki to win coz trich fading away whenever I want to battle him in official tour :eeveehide: )
ORAS: Dj Breloominati♬ vs fade (Lucky ass Spitfire wins again)
BW: Booty vs Attribute (50/50 but going with guts)

sapphiree

formerly silver grace
hello everyone i'm back again with the predicts. last week i went 12/14 (discounting 2 erroneous mus in the predictions format which i blindly copy-pasted) so maybe i have a penchant for this sort of thing lol. hoping to go 8/8 this week so let's see
once again i think every player is extremely capable here and this is not to be taken in a negative way, u guys made finals after all. these predicts are purely based on records and a tiny sprinkle of personal opinion

Wayward Wakes (5) vs (3) Hearthome Honchkrows

SV: Leafium Z vs Cell - a lot of people have been sleeping on leafium z, the way this guy went 5k and has a 6-1 record means this is an absolute steal for wakes. i have been a leafium z fan since day 1 and while i like cell as a player i have a strong feeling that leaf will take this win as he has been throughout this tour so consistently. 60/40
SV: Shaneghoul vs Scarfire - ngl the ideal mu would've been leafium z vs scarfire the way these guys keep bantering on the cord. either way scarfire has a superior record and has been more consistent as opposed to shaneghoul who's currently 3-3. so i'm gonna bold scarfire here. 40/60
SV: ikiarihS vs Trichotomy - probably the mu that plunder is most excited for as the manager of wakes and shiraiki's biggest supporter. shiraiki has been impressive throughout this tour only faltering twice in the extreme beginning but between shiraiki's comeback season and trichotomy's stark consistency i will be placing my bets on trich. 45/55
SV: TheWyvernKing vs Vodoom - i always get this anime protagonist feel from wyv and anime protags don't lose during finals (generally). against all odds (except mine, i bolded him), wyv got a win last week vs tmoi and i believe he's gonna take his last game way more seriously than vodoom since this might just decide whether he goes positive or negative this season of mpl. it won't be easy obviously vodoom has a solid record for a reason but i think i'll place my bets on wyv 55/45
SS: maki vs Jojo8868 - this goes without saying but nothing is stopping maki from going 8-0. jojo has been up and down throughout this tour while maki has been nothing short of a model player with a straight record. 70/30
SM: QWILY vs Leo - leo is 1-5 currently and he lost steel vs ice to hp fire cloyster whereas qwily is 5-3 so i think it's safe to predict a qwily win here. 80/20
ORAS: Dj Breloominati♬ vs fade - i respect spitfire as a player, he's cool-headed and has a way better record than fade. he also has wyv support in this slot so i don't think there's anything stopping him from an 8-0 here. wakes are really boasting 2 clean records here lol. 70/30
BW: Booty vs Attribute - probably the game most people are excited for. for attribute this game decides whether he goes positive or negative and it's a question of whether his team wins or loses so he'll definitely load some heat. as for sabella he lost to gondra last week and is 3-5 idk if he's very fond of the tier atm, the odds seem to favor the krows manager imo. 40/60

overall i think we're gonna see a walking wake avi this season, they have completely dominated owing to 2 of their players going undefeated up till semis and more than half the team having positive records. they also have strong builders in neko, style and wyv, and their managers have great synergy with the players so frankly i'm not surprised.
krows have been favorites this season of mpl being led by the most experienced monotype players but their record as a team has been frankly nothing to be impressed with. don't get me wrong tho, krows have a great lineup and both teams are likely to exceed expectations. who knows, maybe krows will step-up their game for the finals but for now the win is more likely for the wakes, their efforts are visible and they're able to bring out the best in their players.

here's to an exciting finals between 2 of the best teams this season, may the better team win!

Last edited:
SV: Leafium Z vs Cell 49/51 Nothing really changed to me about these guys after last weeks games, cell got a p good mu against a p bad team and leafium z ended up in my opinion getting fortunate in a mirror game which are always rough to analyze anyway with a) para b) bad path shiba took. Cell prob better by the barest of margins to me.
SV: Shaneghoul vs Scarfire 48/52 Similar to above for shaneghoul, that poison team felt like self sabotage. Scarfire played p well I think.
SV: ikiarihS vs Trichotomy 37/63 cool game
SV: TheWyvernKing vs Vodoom 42/58 Not sure what vodooms sets were but he was likely still ahead without prough miss, wyvern played p well last week but I think the skill gap here is still significant.
SS: maki vs Jojo8868 68/32 not sure ive seen a pokemon win t1 before like last week in mono lol
SM: QWILY vs Leo 66/34 yh i mean i cant physically bold leo anytime soon but bringing poison into zap is hilarious self sabotage lol
ORAS: Dj Breloominati♬ vs fade 50/50 not been jons tour but they're still in the finals so maybe it will be lol. p unlucky last week altho dont think the cinc switchin to eq was it. Spitfire not the guy ur tryna play when you've had rough luck all tour lol. p even will bold the guy that hasnt lost.
BW: Booty vs Attribute 44/56 trust attribute to bring something more solid than sab and i think at this moment he's a slightly better player as well.

dragon in bw grass in oras poison into zap and they're in the finals lmaoooo genuinely hilarious stuff, plot armor might be too strong but hope the better team on the week wins

maki

uri duri naranhi
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
congratulations krows, i wont lie we got gigafucked LMFAO - definitely the better team. feeling regretful about the week but overall first time since mwcop that i was happy about my performance and making playoffs the first time. wish i helped out other tiers tho cuz i was just a ss robot this tour XD?

well played attribute and tricho

Cell

Birth By Sleep
MPL Champion
As the manipulator behind this team, I am obligated to do shout-outs.
bandicam 2023-08-21 21-34-44-541.png

Attribute thanks for agreeing to this plan after our headass run on the Miniors. Only took us 5 years to end on the same team and finally win one of these together. Hella glad we got to pull it off after all this time.

fade Trichotomy barely make playoffs both tours into back to back champions WOOOOO. One of us must've done something really fucking heinous for regular season to be so unbearable in the past couple MPLs. Sorry for sabotaging with Draco Hoodra in finals... I completely forgot that Rotom set even existed.

Scarfire looks like we both held up our ends of the deal. I pushed pretty hard for us to get you, and I'd say it paid off. You got some very important wins for us and ended up a decent amount of the stuff we used later on in the season. Kinda racist that our inventions kept getting censored though...
Screenshot_7.png

bandicam 2023-08-21 22-20-05-280.png

Vodoom absolute beast. You carried our washed 25k player

Jojo8868 I wrote a book every week for you to go 1-3 in ORAS? Trolling aside, I think you had a pretty rough season with two of your opponents trying their hardest to lose into double robbery. Good work keeping up the effort early season despite the nonsense.

Leo espero que un hombre blanco rico te dé propina

RoyalReloaded diegoblu avarice sorry we didn't get to put you guys in for many games. Our playoffs race was super dire and even one more loss would've meant a triple tiebreak.

Special thanks to Isza for helping out with sequencing and making sure I wasn't talking to a wall with oras prep certain weeks and DugZa for providing Jon's semis team.

Can say for certain this is the most I've horsed for a tour by far. With any luck my dumbass won't sign up for another one of these. Might shadow manage in some capacity but idk.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)