[MONO]Feuer Frei

Agammemnon

A wild Zubat appears!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Sup' guys !
To celebrate Incomming summer, I decided to build a OU team based around a single type.
You say summer ? I say FIRE !

Feuer Frei is the german version for "Fire the foes on sight!", litterally.
Many people consider Fire as a stupid pointless type, and I decided to show that Fire can handle such a pack of threats.
The recent ban of Latias decided me to post this team because she was walling me entire night...
So here we go !

Arcanine (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 40 HP/252 Atk/216 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Flare Blitz
- Extremespeed
- Thunder Fang
- Iron Head
---

First, I needed a strong lead, able to handle many common leads. It's not that easy when you play with fire, and I needed Heatran for later sweeping, so I searched for something bulky, with priority, and there's Arcanine !
EV spread is pretty easy : Jolly +216 speed allow me to outspeed timid Roserade by one point. 252 Atk is for maximum power, and the rest is just put into HP for more bulk.
Now for the moves : Flareblitz is the well-known Stab, allowing me 2HKOs on many leads (Azelf, Roserade, Smeargle...). Extremespeed is the thing making Arcanine such a decent antilead. Thunderfang allow me to dent bulkywaters but Swampert, and IronHead is here especially for Tyranitar (9th most used lead in april). This thunderfang is doing much damage, but you must see this team as a sort of HO, as when the foe's bulkywater is dead, my path to victory is clear.
Intimidate allows him to win its matchup against Machamp, just to say.

Rapidash (M) @ Wide Lens
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 40 HP/252 Atk/216 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Flare Blitz
- Megahorn
- Hypnosis
- Sunny Day

---
Now I needed something able to put some status mayhem on my opponent, and also fast enough to put some FIRE in this world. Yep, Sunny day, to counter my opponent's sandstorm or whatever weather, because I suffer from it. FlareBlitz sunnyboosted is also a wonderful weapon, obviously. Megahorn allows me to hit Tyranitar on the switch, and is Rapidash best weapon baring Flareblitz.
The EV spread allows me to outspeed +nature base100. It's as simple as that !

Heatran (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Substitute
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Explosion
---
Did you think a MonoFire team could work without its lovely Heatran ? This thing is a monster and I'm abusing it. SubLO Tran is also my answer to CB Scizor stuck on BP. Explosion is here for Blissey, paving the way for the next one. EV and moveset are really classic, nothing new here, sorry !

Typhlosion (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast
---
You don't want to play with my Eruptions. No you don't. Typhlosion is a key of my team ; it serves as a lure for fire resisters with Eruption. This thing is horribly powerful, and once the bulkywater is dead, it might causes huge holes. FireBlast is here because Eruption won't be eternal, and under 30%, it's even more powerful (Blaze). HP Ice is here to counter Mence, notably. Yes, Typhlosion is a base100 scarf, with 492 speed, as much as +1 Mence, Jirachi, Flygon... :)
Focus Blast is a filler and is not. Okay... In fact, Typhlosion does not learn anything else interesting, so I'm kinda stuck with this, but in a way it's not bad.
Focus Blast VS ScarfTtar : 91.2% - 107.6% See you later, bro'.
Against bliss : 25.2% - 29.7%. Ok. Here's the problem, you see ?
And I'm not sacrificying my SpA for some stupid Atk and Focus Punch, no way !

Baring this, Typhlosion is a really capable RK and late-game cleaner !
EVs allow me to come 4 times on SR without dying.

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk/192 Spd/64 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- Overheat
- Stone Edge
---
He's kinda the master. This thing may be called NewMixApe I bet. Close Combat is the awesome stab, punching everything to death (ok, sort of hyperbolic sentence, but you see what I'm trying to explain.) Mach Punch is here to finish Rapid Scarfers and to kill that stupid ScarfTar. Overheat is my firestab, which is prefered to Fireblast, even if I get travelled to -2 SpA. The powergain is just too cool. Stone Edge allows me to kick Mence and gyara in the face.
It's that easy, and people are always trying to predict NastyApe, so I'm pretty winning everything thanks to Ape<3.

Charizard (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Air Slash
---
The Final beast...Charizard (fuck yeah)!
I couldn't make a Fire team without my lovely Charizard, seriously ! Ok this is 4x weak to SR, but who cares ? I don't, it's too good.
It's EVed to switch 2 times into SR anyways, and the second time, it beneficiates of Blaze, firing awesome Fireblasts.
Dragon Pulse is here for Mence and Latias... Oh forget that, ahah. It's for Mence. HP electric is to stop net this stupid Gyarados, which can setup on almost everything. With my scarf and 100 base speed, there is no chance it outspeeds me.
The 4th slot is Air slash, which allows me to hit with a stab without risking a Fireblast blindly.

Here we go, it was a pleasure to write this, and I hope you see Fire is a bit competitive too when built correctly !
And don't forget one thing...
BIG MAGIKARP IS WATCHING YOU

Agammemnon

A wild Zubat appears!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Air slash is a decent idea, allowing me to get a stab without risking a Fire move. Thanks, I forgot it, stupidly! :)

I would change toxic to just about any other attack, seeing as you dont want to get stuck using it. Focus blast could be used to try and do any sort of damage to blissey, but I dont relly like the accuracy, and it wont do a whole lot to her any way, maybe air slach for better coverage.
Gyarados can switch in after a charizard fire blast, DD, and sweep your team, but then again i cant think of any fire types that can help with that problem. If you wanted you could use a rotom H and pretend its a fire type :D
but other than that a very solid team for mono fire. Good luck I hope I helped

how is typhlosion's eruption playing out? You lack a spinner, meaning it's power decreases with every switch. I once tried mono fire (team was worse than this for sure) but i really had sucess with blaziken. It's like a slower, stronger infernape basically that truly can rip stall apart. It helps that they both weaken eacothers counters. If i were you i'd replace him over typhlosion. This means you'd have 3 fires not weak to SR, and another is an antilead. Also, the team sadly misses SR, mabye you could slip it onto heatran, making him shuca/passho berry? Lures out gyarados/mence and kills it. Only fire spinner is torkoal sadly who sucks. Awesome team

Edit: i think rapidash can go instead of typhlosion actually. It's pretty weak and frail too. Magmortar or blaziken over the horse, heck even torkoal, who can spin...

Agammemnon

A wild Zubat appears!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Thanks for your idea-sharing.
I've considered Blaziken, obviously, but actual metagame seems too fast-paced to allow him to begin a sweep. Moreover, Typhlosion's 100 speed is a key to revengekill things like Salamence which really enjoy my team otherwise.
While talking of power increasing, I was talking of "under30%-life Fireblast" stronger than "full life Eruption"

I actually play without SR, considering this is a habit for many players, but I'd say that it's really possible to play without it.

There is no way I'm using Torkoal, I'm not a Spanish Inn.
My weaknesses to SR are a problem but I'm accomodating (huh, not sure right here) with them, because they often activate my Blaze, allowing me to hellfire my opponent.
You have to understand that this team is played hardly offensively, like a HO would be played.

As said in the team description, Rapidash speed allows me to put some status and Weather, so replacing it would be hard.

i understanyour point about typhlosion, but keep in mind you're only beating salamence half the time...
Another little option might be to scarf infernape and turn it into a mixed revenge killer who can always outspeed mence after a boost. Blazikens speed is a bit low, but i played him as a wall breaker, and he outruns them all, which is all he really needs to outspeed. Faster, frailer threats are picked off by vacuum wave

you should use hp grass or hp electric on sum1, your charizard uses it thats good, but you need sumthing else to deal with al those waer types running about out there.

ghost

formerly goldenghost
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
LC Leader
You desperately need Grass Knot or HP Grass somewhere if you want any hope in taking down Swampert or Suicune. Starmie w/o Life Orb or Choice Scarf will also leave you in ruins, since you can't touch it and it will sure as heck OHKO you. You badly need a Rapid Spinner, since your team will destroy itself if it needs to switch. I'd suggest Tentacruel to replace Rapidash, since it somewhat fills some of the gaping holes in this team. I'd suggest a set with Rapid Spin, Sludge bomb, Toxic spikes, and hidden Power Electric to wear down on bulky waters with Toxic Spikes and spin away SR. Over all, though, this team seems like a very bad idea to me.

Agammemnon

A wild Zubat appears!
is a Contributor Alumnus
No offense, but it's completely dumb to tell a MonoFire to use Tentacruel.
Tentacruel isn't fire-typed, and moreover it has another Ground weakness.
Toxic Spikes won't be used properly in my team, so it's a nono.

But thanks for your contribution !

I'm still a little new to the team making thing, but heres my opinion:

This looks like a good mono-type fire set up but, Swampert and Suicune are a big hit to your team. Other than that it looks pretty solid. Oh yeah and Definatly try to get HP Grass somewhere this will at least give your team a little support against Water.

I can see 2 main weaknesses on this team:

1) Base 100+ scarf/dd or agil/rp sets: Typhlosion can't just rely on speed ties to beat this kind of stuff. I think more priority could help a little here, but the only options are mach punch, vacuum wave and houndoom's sucker punch. Honestly no good answer, it seems kind of like a fundamental weakness for any HO team not running scarfgar or something equally gimmicky. Lolscarf rapidash?

2) Stall: There's the speed to handle most offensive teams, but I don't really see the power to break walls. How do you deal with cressellia walling everything except rapidash? What about bliss/hippo? Infernape is your only mixed attacker to deal with tag team defensive cores like that, and there's nothing with a setup move to outright break walls. I think SD or CB Blaziken could have a home on this team, though changing Infernape's set might be an (inferior) option. NP Houndoom might work too, also gives more priority. However, you'll still have trouble breaking blissey without switching, especially since you can basically forget about ever getting a flashfire boost.

Also, I think it needs SR, maybe on heatran. Would help get more KOs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)