Modern Warfare 3

One thing this game does have going for it is at least you can get a few cheeky rounds in while Battlefield loads.

SkyNet

MediEvil!
My brother should be picking this up at the weekend but I have no idwa howmuch play time I will have since Skyrim is out on Friday!

The only thing I don't like about the game is that they dummed down the AC130 (and I guess Osprey Gunner since it's basically a new version of the Chopper Gunner) to the point where your better off just going for a Pave Low or something. The irony I find in this game, is that I remember reading that all the maps were going to be relatively flat and not have a lot of vertical areas, but pretty much every map is "three storied" when you look at them.

I got my first sniper collateral the other day, so that's good.

Haven't played it, but what really makes me sad is that, despite the 2year 3 company production, it has all the same sounds and animations of MW2. I may be wrong, but from watching many youtube videos It just really does seam like MW2 Map Pack Edition.
You can't really tell me you were dumb enough to think that MW3 is a new game. The campaign is probably significantly different, but a slim portion of MW3 players respect the single player modes. All Call of Duty is in this day and age is recycled engines, recycled maps, recycled weapons, just different skins. I'll get this game when I'm sure the producers aren't making profit from my purchase

You can't really tell me you were dumb enough to think that MW3 is a new game. The campaign is probably significantly different, but a slim portion of MW3 players respect the single player modes. All Call of Duty is in this day and age is recycled engines, recycled maps, recycled weapons, just different skins. I'll get this game when I'm sure the producers aren't making profit from my purchase
So in like 2 weeks when you can get a used copy at gamestop?

i agree with most of the things alan and aerodactyl legend said.
something that pisses me off are elitist people that keep coming into threads like this just to say call of duty sucks for god knows what reason.
something else that pisses me off is the connections i've been playing on... i get the impression that it's just me but honestly i haven't seen much improvement in terms of lag and hit detection since black ops.
haven't had much time to play it much just yet so i won't jump to conclusions, and it might just be that i need to get re accustomed to call of duty/IW after playing nothing but gears 3 since it came out and not much other than black ops for several months before that

Of course not, MW3 is a sequel, I had no doubt they were going to radically change it. All COD's, have had the same COD4 engine, simply modified. They all have similar weapons, but you can't tell me they're all the same games with different skins.

There's huge disparity between COD4 and MW2/WAW and Black Ops. You can tell the difference visually, different sound, different animations, and even different play styles.

Where's the difference in MW2 and MW3? There's not that's my point. Not that it would be a brand new game.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
watched my boyfriend (spoilers??) trying to stop a plane hijacking. the graphics are amazing in this game, and the actual motion graphics and physics engines look super sleek and clean. very streamlined animation in general, it's definitely a gorgeous looking FPS, but I haven't gotten my turn yet. :x

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
I'm not really excited for this game, and I don't plan on getting it but... The vet and n00b trailer was fantastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuzaxlddWbk
Okay I thought that was really awful. Unless you mean like production value or something. But I couldn't sit through that whole trailer it made me cringe way to hard.
Quickscoping is back and sniping isn't retarded anymore, so that's good news for me.
wait what
bahahahaha 2.6/10 is "generally unfavorable".
Meh...halo cea is much more exciting for me. I don't know, I much prefer halo style play than cod. I most likely will play only the campaign for mw3. Am I the only one who prefers halo to cod?
Why are you excited for cea? I may just be out of the loop but isn't it just halo one with better graphics? I still have my original copy of halo one. It works fine. I play it more often then I play reach (in all fairness I don't have live anymore though).

You know, I really can't stand multiplayer these days.

Don't get me wrong I love Call of duty. But the online in Black ops was very unappealing.
Bad guns, slow gameplay and unimproved graphics left me VERY disappointed.

The worst of multiplayer, as everybody probably agrees with me, is the insane amount of kids who are just plain jerks. They'll make fun of you for whatever reason under the sun, and man, do they curse. You can't go a full match without hearing
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOU
through the mic.

I don't have MW3 *yet*, I am a christmas noob, if you know what I mean, but I will get the game. I played the game at my friends house, and I only got a chance to play survival mode, but.......

Wow, that was awesome. Great graphics, cool guns and an interesting currency idea made it pretty cool.

This game has a bright future.

wait what
Sniping in black ops pissed me off so much I literally didn't play it after like Feb/March of 2011. The stupid "let me spin around for 20 minutes because you scoped in" thing really made it to where you were better off using an AR. Although, you're probably better off using an AR in any given CoD anyway because they are the best weapons. But quickscoping was more than just a playstyle, it was a tool. It let you use your sniper at close distances without having to waste time switching to your secondary and get raped. They took that out and that, along with many other factors made Black Ops extremely not fun, in my opinion.

But so far I really like MW3, except I'm not a fan of the voices they have that come on whenever the enemy get's a kill streak. I played a lot of MW2 leading up to this and the guy would straight up be panicked "ENEMY AC-130 ABOVE!!!!" and the russian dude in this is just like "enemy ac-130 above, i guess" in a very unpanicked voice.

The worst of multiplayer, as everybody probably agrees with me, is the insane amount of kids who are just plain jerks. They'll make fun of you for whatever reason under the sun, and man, do they curse. You can't go a full match without hearing
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOU
through the mic.
Mute exists for a reason.

Will most probably getting this for christmas when I don't have to pay for it myself, looking a lot like MW2 but nicer from what i've seen, which I like cause I really enjoyed MW2 until all the bullshit started popping up

wtf the place wasn't crowded? thats total bs.
The line I was in had like 250 people before me, waited 40 mins (came early) got it at 12:20
Yeah, the one I was at was full too, but they just blazed through the lines.

The only thing I don't like about the game is that they dummed down the AC130 (and I guess Osprey Gunner since it's basically a new version of the Chopper Gunner) to the point where your better off just going for a Pave Low or something. The irony I find in this game, is that I remember reading that all the maps were going to be relatively flat and not have a lot of vertical areas, but pretty much every map is "three storied" when you look at them.
Yeah, I stick to 5-7-9 and it seems to do better than what the higher streaks could ever do. The honest fact is that air support may be underpowered now, which makes stuff like the Osprey useless. There is nothing you can do to a person who has Blind Eye, Assassin, and a Stinger. They actually thought it was a good idea to give it only one flare while it takes an hour to reach the marked location. That's not even counting the SAM Turret (which is practically always on the field thanks to the easiness of getting it through the Support package.

I got my first sniper collateral the other day, so that's good.
Good job. I got two so far, but I'm really having trouble getting consecutive snipes. You shoot one person and someone else appears off on a blind side. I keep getting hit from the side or behind too, even when setting up a position to snipe for a couple seconds.

I played a lot of MW2 leading up to this and the guy would straight up be panicked "ENEMY AC-130 ABOVE!!!!" and the russian dude in this is just like "enemy ac-130 above, i guess" in a very unpanicked voice.
Can you blame him? The AC-130 is weak in this game, haha.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
Sniping in black ops pissed me off so much I literally didn't play it after like Feb/March of 2011. The stupid "let me spin around for 20 minutes because you scoped in" thing really made it to where you were better off using an AR. Although, you're probably better off using an AR in any given CoD anyway because they are the best weapons. But quickscoping was more than just a playstyle, it was a tool. It let you use your sniper at close distances without having to waste time switching to your secondary and get raped. They took that out and that, along with many other factors made Black Ops extremely not fun, in my opinion.
Yeah I guess any criticism of quickscoping I could have would be stupid since cod doesn't find it necessary to make big maps where snipers are actually good.
I guess I just oppose it in principle, like, you shouldn't get into those engagements with a sniper rifle. But again. Cods fault, not the players I guess.
How are smgs in this game? I remember in black ops they were just stupid underpowered (okay that game was super terrible in a bunch of ways but whatever), cept for the uhh... the one that was level 35 (or was that overkill) in cod 4. 74u right.

SMGs? Bad in Black Ops? You must have been playing a different game than I was. Next thing you know you'll be telling me the Stake Out is terrible and you'll wake up during the middle of the night crying in horror as I slowly saw out your liver.

But in all seriousness I can't wait to pick this game up, I loves smaller maps so I can run and gun the shit out of everyone with steady aim SMGs and shotguns and action C4. I just need to finish the last of my term papers first.

I'll definitely get this game. Though I'm probably gonna rant about how terrible the game is once I get to like 8-10th prestige realizing I wasted so many hours of my life. But meh I feel like this about every COD game, but I still play it. Though Im hooked on bf3 currently, and umvc3 coming out nov 15th. Ill probably pick it up christmas.

Just curious, what killstreak package does everyone use? I run the support with UAV-Counter UAV-Super UAV or whatever it's called. I like it better than assault for two reasons:

1. I don't have to worry about dying so I can rush and be more reckless, which I like doing and is harder in this game.

2. Team player bitches.

Also perks. I'm still a low level, so I'm running SoH-Quick Draw-Stalker/SitRep. I'll probably whore out Dead Silence and Steady Aim once I get them.

Good job. I got two so far, but I'm really having trouble getting consecutive snipes. You shoot one person and someone else appears off on a blind side. I keep getting hit from the side or behind too, even when setting up a position to snipe for a couple seconds.
Ugh I know. This is partially why I am starting to quick scope a lot more than hard scope, because it seems like whenever I go to hard scope someone, NOPE! (not Chuck Testa) someone spawns like right next to me and kills me. Maybe it's just TDM but ugh. I'd rather miss 3 quick scopes and hit on the 4th than scope down a hallway and get buttraped. Also, just curious, how's SnD in this game? Can you soundwhore the defuse? I haven't played it yet because my friends who I usually play it with haven't been online when I have been.

Got the game at release, I was very excited for Survival mode, and I can say its really awesome. Much harder than zombies, I would have to say. As for campaign, the ending was... well kind of weird... Not going to spoil it though. Anyone wanna play? My xbl name is the same as my Smogon username.

Sort of off topic but...

I remember when first played mw2 and i heard...

"ENEMY AC-130 ABOVE!!!!

and I was like... wtf is that... then hearing that "iconic sound"

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yeah I bought this game.

Like a year ago.

The only difference is that Shotguns were secondaries and broken as shit.

I have no problem with CoD itself, but what I hate is the fact that you can now find CoD tournaments, seriously, sorry to tell the truth but, CoD is a shitty game for competitive gaming, the gameplay is too sloppy and the skill-ceiling is really low.

Why ? In most competitive FPS (Quake, UT, "TF2"), you have to dodge while firing at the same time, you can jump really fast and high, and the game is reallt fast-paced, you need godly aim, reaction times and skill to get to the top, while in CoD, you stop and fire at a static target until someone dies.

thank you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)