Mixbat...O.o?

Status
Not open for further replies.
now, we've all heard of mixape and mixmence

someone tried to hype up mixcario (it's just better as a physical/special sweeper)

but what about something faster than mixape but can do the same thing...like MIXBAT

Crobat@Expert Belt
Hasty
252/176/82 (SPD/ATK/SP.ATK)
Nasty Plot
Air Slash/Sludge Bomb/HP Fire/HP Ground/Giga Drain
Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball/HP Fire/Giga Drain
U-turn/Aerial Ace/X-Scissor/Return/Frustration/Cross Poison/Roost

now, the first moves listed are the preferred ones, while it can't dish out as much damage as mixape can, it does one thing better, and that's u-turn, since it has a base 135 speed, a +speed nature, and max speed EVs, not much is going to outspeed it

dark pulse and shadow ball are about the same, just dark pulse is going to hit everything while shadow ball is immune by normals

sludge bomb is stronger than air slash but air slash has much better coverage

HP Fire for steel types

yea, there are many options, but hey, we all can't be perfect

now, DISCUSS!

Nasty Plot and Brave Bird is illegal as far as I know. It probably needs HP Ground to kill steels or HP Fighting but then it's stuck with 30 Speed. HP Fire maybe?

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
If you're going to have Uturn as the only physical move i'd hardly call that a mixbat...

it is still classified as mixbat

cause infernape can run pretty much the same thing if it wanted to, and still be classified as mixape

Dark Pulse's flinch rate seems more beneficial than Shadow Ball's S.def drop. Also you can hit fighters with Air Slash. I'd take off Shadow Ball.
Though you should put something in place of U-turn. It won't be able to 2HKO Pokémon since you can't hit twice unless the next Pokémon has it.
And I dislike the interaction of Nasty Plot and U-Turn.

Seems a pure special moveset is better unless you manage the EVs a little more while putting Brave Bird in Nasty Plot place, but then you'd lose the "big" punch

brave bird and nasty plot is illegal

for physical, there's not much else

there's return/frustration, cross poison, aerial ace, and x-scissor (zen headbutt is illegal)

as for more on special side, pretty much giga drain is the only other option

For a Pokemon designed to break things by making your opponent flounder, swapping yourself out all the time with U-Turn probably isn't the greatest idea in the world. Also, I don't know if Crobat on the physical side is strong enough to take down some special walls. While you can always overpower things with crazy NP setups, people seem to forget that setting up isn't always the most prevalent option, with Crobat weak to Electric, Rock and Psychic. The 4x resistance to Fighting is great and gives it an opportunity to switch, but practically all fighters will have something to harm fliers.

Nasty Plot and Brave Bird is illegal as far as I know. It probably needs HP Ground to kill steels or HP Fighting but then it's stuck with 30 Speed. HP Fire maybe?
hp fire requires a 30 speed iv also.

but what is the point of having u-turn and investing so many evs? you should run some damage calcs.

Crobat's extremely mediocre attacking stats and pretty bad movepool make him not such a great mixed sweeper. He's not really hurting anything ever anyway without a Nasty Plot or CB boost, and having to split EVs makes his damage outlook even worse, not to mention Hasty ruins his cool defensive potential to switch into Close Combats and stuff.

I don't know, in my opinion the reason to be a mixed sweeper is to avoid getting walled, as in you can break down whatever would normally wall you, and the fact of the matter seems to be that not only does this set not do that since it still gets walled by the exact same things, namely any special wall not weak to one of its attacks (uhh, Blissey), and pretty much any remotely defensive steel. U-turn really isn't threatening enough of a move to scare special walls (btw infernape learns U-turn too)

I mean, even if you used Brave Bird as your physical attack, you still aren't scaring many special walls. You only do 36% - 42% to Blissey with it. So yeah basically, Crobat's mediocre offenses make him a bad mixed sweeper

Crobat's extremely mediocre attacking stats and pretty bad movepool make him not such a great mixed sweeper. He's not really hurting anything ever anyway without a Nasty Plot or CB boost, and having to split EVs makes his damage outlook even worse, not to mention Hasty ruins his cool defensive potential to switch into Close Combats and stuff.
Somewhat agreed, somewhat disagree.

Crobat has poor attacking stats. No doubt about that. However, Crobat's movepool is enormous and combined with his speed he is extremely dangerous.

1. He has the fastest hypnosis in the game.
2. He has the fastest U-Turn in the game.
3. He has the fastest haze in the game.
4. Tied with Aero with the fastest roost in the game (predict a t-bolt or ice-beam)

With such a large movepool, and with his huge speed, it appears that his best job is to be a supportive pokemon, as opposed to the attacking type we make him out to be. Afterall, we lay Swampert, Hippowdon, Donphan, and even Starmie in the "support" field even though their (Sp.) attack is at or well above base 100.

Further, he is clearly the most defensive pokemon in his speed class, the next most defensive is Raikou at base 115 speed, and then Garchomp at 102 speed. Consider his peers, Ninjask, Aerodactyl, Jolteon, Weavile, Alakazam... all of them have sub-par defenses. Crobat however, reights supreme with decent defenses, and reliable recovery that can negate his flying weaknesses.

Crobat has poor attacking stats. No doubt about that. However, Crobat's movepool is enormous and combined with his speed he is extremely dangerous.
Crobat does have a pretty large movepool, but in terms of how much coverage it gets he's pretty limited (he does have a few options like Hypnosis, U-turn, Haze, and such that are useful, but don't really make him a sweeping threat). He's almost completely reliant on Hidden Power to have an attack that hits steels. And, sadly, his offensive stats really aren't up to the task of breaking most OU walls.

With such a large movepool, and with his huge speed, it appears that his best job is to be a supportive pokemon, as opposed to the attacking type we make him out to be. Afterall, we lay Swampert, Hippowdon, Donphan, and even Starmie in the "support" field even though their (Sp.) attack is at or well above base 100.
When I said he had a poor movepool, I just meant his offensive movepool is pretty shallow coverage wise. His support movepool is chock full of all sorts of cool stuff, especially when combined with the huge speed and good defenses. Crobat's movepool and stats lend it more to a supporting role, with the super fast hypnosis and U-turn, and the option Roost to elminate weaknesses.

His lack of offensive power, coupled with pretty bad STABs and a movepool full of very redundant coverage mean these kinds of sweeper Crobats aren't really very effective outside of UU / BL, but yeah agreeing that supportwise he can do some cool stuff

It just looks like a failed togekiss to me.
Crobat
- Nasty Plot - They both learn it
- Air Slash - Togekiss's Air slash is a lot more powerful and has that nice flinch rate.
- Dark pulse - Okay so togekiss doesn't learn it, However it has aura sphere coming off greater power and a superior attacking type.
- U-turn - Alright something that resists both of these moves comes in, Or just a blissey... Better do some damage on the way out.. or not? Togekiss can just baton pass the nasty plot boost to a good counter. Or just use body slam with STAB and a good paralyzing rate if you just want to go mix for some reason!

In all, This is a rather poor attempt to make use of crobats rather awful attacking stats, However it does not mean at all that crobat is useless.
As previously stated, It is the fastest hypnosis user, Fastest haze user, And fastest rooster in the game which speaks for itself. It truly is used much better as a support option, Though it can hit really hard with choice band coming off that monster speed.

well, yea with u-turn it gets walled by much, but also with u-turn, does damage and then switches into something better

like mixape for example, or possibly cressy

or when fighting a poke with twave, send out a ground type, or electivire, jolteon, or laturn

but we can play around with this, and the EVs can be changed around a bit, i just threw down those EVs

Toothache

Let the music play!
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Also Crobat has 130 base speed, not 135 base. Reaches a max of 394 which ties with Jolly Aerodactyl and Timid Jolteon.

guys check my moveset

Clefable
- Return/Meteor Mash/Softboiled/Protect/Substitute
- Focus Punch/Meteor Mash/Frustration/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt
- Thunderbolt/Fire Blast/Grass Knot/Softboiled
- Softboiled/Wish/Focus Punch
@ Leftovers/Big Root/Life Orb/Toxic Orb

If you're going to post a moveset kindly don't make it seem like a multiple choice test or something.

The point of a mixed attacker is obviously to catch walls of either side of the spectrum off-guard. Since Crobat is easily stalled and walled out by about everything especially in this set-up, I'm going to say you really should test more before you make a moveset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)