Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
when we reset the nether, please consider dropping a skele spawner in there.
spending hours for a couple skulls is a (BAN ME PLEASE).
not gonna happen unfortunately, your best bet is building one of xisumavoid's nether farms asap

I will defenetly make this when we go to 1.5 but could someone help me find the spawn area? I know it's a bit trickier than other mobs.

So I make a mob farm at Y=196 in an ocean so there would be no possible way for mobs to spawn elsewhere...
Nothing spawns. 9.9

3 hours wasted.

I don't think mobs spawn after a specific height is reached, I know that they will not spawn at the sky limit but I'm not sure of the exact level that they stop spawning

Mobs only spawn 24 blocks or more away from a player. Get away from your platform when it's night and you'll see miracles happen.
That height thing was fixed in 1.2.5, mobs can now spawn on any block below y=254.

Yeah I've done everything right but nothing spawns up there. I even got the LC (loaded chunks) to 255 but it still didn't help.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

There's also a thing with mobcaps being shared by players. In short, if there's many people online and they're all in areas where they make a lot of mobs spawn and despawn around them, your system won't have amazing rates.
However, if a player is in an area that can't spawn any mobs at all, they'll effictively dump their mobs on everybody else.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
There's also a thing with mobcaps being shared by players. In short, if there's many people online and they're all in areas where they make a lot of mobs spawn and despawn around them, your system won't have amazing rates.
However, if a player is in an area that can't spawn any mobs at all, they'll effictively dump their mobs on everybody else.
do you have a source for this? i'm curious since i've never actually heard this in any minecraft video i've seen.

I found a zombie spawner in the entrance of what I think is a dungeon, should I try to make some sort of farm or just get rid of it?

I found a zombie spawner in the entrance of what I think is a dungeon, should I try to make some sort of farm or just get rid of it?
It's almost always wrong to destroy a spawner in my mind. If you don't want to make a grinder, light up the place so you or someone else can use it later. Grinders themselves are relatively easy to make (YouTube's your friend here) and are incredibly useful.

How long can you play the free version? Making grinders can take a while so if the free version only lasts a week or so it's not worth it IMO. Are you enjoing the game so far?

do you have a source for this? i'm curious since i've never actually heard this in any minecraft video i've seen.
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Spawning

In the mob spawning section (the "Notes" paragraph):

In multiplayer, mob caps are shared by all players, no matter where they are. If one player can make a lot of mobs spawn near them, say, with a mob farm, players elsewhere in the world will see fewer mobs of the same category. Likewise, if a player can prevent mobs from spawning near them, perhaps by hanging around a large body of water and illuminating nearby caves, they will effectively dump their mobs on everyone else.
This information is pretty old, things might have changed, but I doubt it since it's exactly what I observed when hunting for Wither Skellys.
Lots of people online = barely any mobs spawn in the fortress.

How long can you play the free version? Making grinders can take a while so if the free version only lasts a week or so it's not worth it IMO. Are you enjoing the game so far?
It lasts forever, just no online play and I am enjoying the game much beside the fact that I cant find wool I guess. I should be getting premium soon, just got 40 bucks!

Congratulations for being a good gamer and supporting the developers. If you need wool you can use 4 string in a square pattern to make a wool block

Do enderman attack in caves even if its daytime outside? I have full iron armor so I can take it on but I prefer not to, and its near like 4 spiders that I need to kill for string to make wool.

If you look at an Endermang, they will attack you no matter the time of day, iirc.
Not in day time, they teleport away.
On another note, just found 5 DIAMONDS not even in cave or near lava, come at me bro.(In the pic you only see 4)

I suck at editing pictures so yeah

edit: Found 4 more diamonds(this time near lava so I died once but got some stuff back and hadn't mined the diamonds yet), brings me to 9, what should I do with them, go straight for a pickaxe? Or something else?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)