Project Metagame Workshop (OM Submissions CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would genders work? If I nicknamed a Nidoqueen "Tornadus-Therian" for instance, would the Tornadus-Therian be female or would it be male? If the latter applies, *laughs in Attract/Captivate/Rivalry*.

So I came up with an idea for an OM/pet mod. I’m calling it ShiritoriMons. It is based off the Japanese word game of the same name where the first kana of the next word must match the last kana of the preceding word. Basically you find two mons that can be linked in this way (appearing as 1 species and being nicknamed with the name of the other to indicate what 2 mons are being combined). I know that there are many variations to the game as well as extenuating situations where homophonic characters can be linked despite the characters themselves being different, but I haven’t gone through those particulars yet. Once you have two mons, you can combine their types however you like (taking a page from Camo this will be indicated by your first 2 moves) and chose any 1 of either mons available Abilities. Stats are determined by adding the respective base stats of both species, then dividing them by 2. The fused Mon has access to the full movepools of both its composite species. The trick is, the names used are the Japanese names. As an example, you could combine Raichu (ライチュウ, Raichū) with Cramorant (ウッウ, U'u) to make a Water/Flying type with Lightning Rod, Water/Electric/Ice/Flying coverage options, Roost and Nasty Plot.

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
So I came up with an idea for an OM/pet mod. I’m calling it ShiritoriMons. It is based off the Japanese word game of the same name where the first kana of the next word must match the last kana of the preceding word. Basically you find two mons that can be linked in this way (appearing as 1 species and being nicknamed with the name of the other to indicate what 2 mons are being combined). I know that there are many variations to the game as well as extenuating situations where homophonic characters can be linked despite the characters themselves being different, but I haven’t gone through those particulars yet. Once you have two mons, you can combine their types however you like (taking a page from Camo this will be indicated by your first 2 moves) and chose any 1 of either mons available Abilities. Stats are determined by adding the respective base stats of both species, then dividing them by 2. The fused Mon has access to the full movepools of both its composite species. The trick is, the names used are the Japanese names. As an example, you could combine Raichu (ライチュウ, Raichū) with Cramorant (ウッウ, U'u) to make a Water/Flying type with Lightning Rod, Water/Electric/Ice/Flying coverage options, Roost and Nasty Plot.
Pre-empted by Nitro Indigo but yeah, the Japanese part is overly complicated. The camomons part is also confusing: what if it doesn’t have any stab moves from either mon?

yonitet

Banned deucer.
HI!
I want to suggest an OM that i had thought of a few hours ago and have found it to be very enticing. Many moves in Pokemon get overlooked due to their low PP, which this OM will try to fix. Essentially, all moves above 70 BP are banned (and a few other exceptions). This will bring a new flavour to pokemon, and make it slightly slower paced, but there will be balance changes to ensure it doesn't just become an OM full of stall. Please keep in mind that i'm a BDSP player and do not have much experience with National Dex formats.

70 BP is an odd middleground for moves, and i hope this OM will break that. I particularly picked 70 BP, as it is high enough to allow moves like U-Turn and Volt Switch, while disabling the most common moves in competitive Pokemon. This BP tier is also noteable for banning Punching Moves, while still allowing Fang moves and all priority moves other than Extreme Speed.

Base BP: Move's BP will be accounted for before any modifiers. For example, If Mega-Gardevoir is to use Secret Power (70BP) it woud be boosted by Pixilate to be boosted to 84 BP, but would still be legal. Same applies to Sheer Force.

Terrains: Terrains give a noteable boost to the BP of their respective types. I am not sure how to make this properly balanced and will require help with this. This concern of mine is mostly caused by Pokemon like Rillaboom, which will be able to freely spam moves like Grassy Glide and U-Turn, as they already were.

Since i haven't gotten to test this idea, i'll probably need some help/ feedback, so please do! Without further ado, let me explain some more complex bans:

Bans:

Technitian - In a tier where the strongest moves are 70 BP, Technitian will be essentially cheating, as any Pokemon with it will deal a much greater overall damage than those without it.

Moves Stronger than 70 BP* - To fit the theme of the OM, a few moves will have to be banned to ensure an overall balance. Moves like Facade, Knock Off and Acrobatics will all be banned, as they are potentially much stronger than the intended maximum BP. Triple Axcel is most likely Banned.
Clarification: Moves like Avalanche, Assurance, Bullet Seed will be legal, as they need to fit a certain uncontrolled criteria to be strong, unlike those that can be intentionally made stronger.

Healing Clause - Because the BP of everything will be significantly lower, a healing clause will need to take place. I have no research, but can speculate that healing moves will need to get a significant PP drop to not make defensive teams overwhelming. If worst comes to worst, Leftovers can also be banned.

Maybe's

This section will be dedicated to things that can be potentially unhealthy but without testing, can't be proved so;

Sheer Force - Like Technitian, Sheer Force offers a significant enhancement in offensive pressure, especially when BP of Sheer Force moves is almost double that of standard Pokemon.

Weight Moves - Weight Moves fit the criteria of not being dependant on the user, rather the target, but they can be much stronger than the intended maximum. Moves like Grass Knot and Low Kick seem to be fairly balanced, as their BP is target dependant, but moves like Heavy Slam and Heat Crash seem borderline broken, as they are very often given to very heavy Pokemon, making their damage output insane.

Seismic Toss - Seismic Toss and other simmilar moves like Night Shade seem like they could be potentially broken, as they are often used by defensive tanks like Blissey, and offer high offensive pressure without any investment, made even worse when they can't be KO'd easily due to low BP.

Hidden Power - HP is a good coverage move for essentially every special attacker, and can potentially be broken in a tier where it is among the strongest of moves available.

This ends off my complex bans/ suggestions list.

Let Me give some examples:

Weavile
Weavile @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard
- Assurance
- Low Sweep

Heatran
Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 96 SpA / 40 SpD / 120 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Spin
- Scorching Sands
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

(speculative EV's)

Magnezone
Magnezone @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Charge Beam
- Substitute
- Mirror Shot
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I know it says that banning 'good moves' is generally a way to get an OM rejected, but i have a few counterpoints. I made the BP cap high enough to allow a lot of traditionally good moves leeway, just got rid of a lot of standardized moves. Many good moves are still within 70 BP range, and many moves, like Earthquake for example, are still completely replaceable by Bulldoze for example.

HI!
I want to suggest an OM that i had thought of a few hours ago and have found it to be very enticing. Many moves in Pokemon get overlooked due to their low PP, which this OM will try to fix. Essentially, all moves above 70 BP are banned (and a few other exceptions). This will bring a new flavour to pokemon, and make it slightly slower paced, but there will be balance changes to ensure it doesn't just become an OM full of stall. Please keep in mind that i'm a BDSP player and do not have much experience with National Dex formats.

70 BP is an odd middleground for moves, and i hope this OM will break that. I particularly picked 70 BP, as it is high enough to allow moves like U-Turn and Volt Switch, while disabling the most common moves in competitive Pokemon. This BP tier is also noteable for banning Punching Moves, while still allowing Fang moves and all priority moves other than Extreme Speed.

Base BP: Move's BP will be accounted for before any modifiers. For example, If Mega-Gardevoir is to use Secret Power (70BP) it woud be boosted by Pixilate to be boosted to 84 BP, but would still be legal. Same applies to Sheer Force.

Terrains: Terrains give a noteable boost to the BP of their respective types. I am not sure how to make this properly balanced and will require help with this. This concern of mine is mostly caused by Pokemon like Rillaboom, which will be able to freely spam moves like Grassy Glide and U-Turn, as they already were.

Since i haven't gotten to test this idea, i'll probably need some help/ feedback, so please do! Without further ado, let me explain some more complex bans:

Bans:

Technitian - In a tier where the strongest moves are 70 BP, Technitian will be essentially cheating, as any Pokemon with it will deal a much greater overall damage than those without it.

Moves Stronger than 70 BP* - To fit the theme of the OM, a few moves will have to be banned to ensure an overall balance. Moves like Facade, Knock Off and Acrobatics will all be banned, as they are potentially much stronger than the intended maximum BP. Triple Axcel is most likely Banned.
Clarification: Moves like Avalanche, Assurance, Bullet Seed will be legal, as they need to fit a certain uncontrolled criteria to be strong, unlike those that can be intentionally made stronger.

Healing Clause - Because the BP of everything will be significantly lower, a healing clause will need to take place. I have no research, but can speculate that healing moves will need to get a significant PP drop to not make defensive teams overwhelming. If worst comes to worst, Leftovers can also be banned.

Maybe's

This section will be dedicated to things that can be potentially unhealthy but without testing, can't be proved so;

Sheer Force - Like Technitian, Sheer Force offers a significant enhancement in offensive pressure, especially when BP of Sheer Force moves is almost double that of standard Pokemon.

Weight Moves - Weight Moves fit the criteria of not being dependant on the user, rather the target, but they can be much stronger than the intended maximum. Moves like Grass Knot and Low Kick seem to be fairly balanced, as their BP is target dependant, but moves like Heavy Slam and Heat Crash seem borderline broken, as they are very often given to very heavy Pokemon, making their damage output insane.

Seismic Toss - Seismic Toss and other simmilar moves like Night Shade seem like they could be potentially broken, as they are often used by defensive tanks like Blissey, and offer high offensive pressure without any investment, made even worse when they can't be KO'd easily due to low BP.

Hidden Power - HP is a good coverage move for essentially every special attacker, and can potentially be broken in a tier where it is among the strongest of moves available.

This ends off my complex bans/ suggestions list.

Let Me give some examples:

Weavile
Weavile @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard
- Assurance
- Low Sweep

Heatran
Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 96 SpA / 40 SpD / 120 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Spin
- Scorching Sands
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

(speculative EV's)

Magnezone
Magnezone @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Charge Beam
- Substitute
- Mirror Shot
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I know it says that banning 'good moves' is generally a way to get an OM rejected, but i have a few counterpoints. I made the BP cap high enough to allow a lot of traditionally good moves leeway, just got rid of a lot of standardized moves. Many good moves are still within 70 BP range, and many moves, like Earthquake for example, are still completely replaceable by Bulldoze for example.
Firstly, using Nat Dex automatically disqualifies an OM because Nat Dex sucks shit is by its nature a Pet Mod.

Secondly, banning every remotely strong move doesn't seem like it would be very popular. I think a better way to encourage people to use weaker moves (many of which neat secondary effects) would be to buff them in some way, thus making the choice to use them over more standard moves like Earthquake be from the move being more appealing, as opposed to just not being allowed to use Earthquake.

The simplest and most obvious way to buff them (though not necessarily the best way) would be to increase their base power, though that might be too close to "everyone has [ability]" (in this case Technician) which is another commonly rejected OM. Maybe have their secondary effects activate twice? I dunno.

Maybe have their secondary effects activate twice?
But how would that work for:

1. Moves that inflict a status condition (Poison would probably make sense if it applied toxic, but then we'd have way too much toxic for the OM to be any fun. Would we have to add a "badly burned/confused" status? How would "badly asleep/frozen" work? We could have the chance double, but that's literally "everyone has [Serene Grace]", which, as DrPumpkinz explained, is in the "format" of a commonly rejected OM)
2. Status moves (Would they count for to the "buff"?)
3. Priority moves (Would their priority be doubled?)

yonitet

Banned deucer.
But how would that work for:

1. Moves that inflict a status condition (Poison would probably make sense if it applied toxic, but then we'd have way too much toxic for the OM to be any fun. Would we have to add a "badly burned/confused" status? How would "badly asleep/frozen" work? We could have the chance double, but that's literally "everyone has [Serene Grace]", which, as DrPumpkinz explained, is in the "format" of a commonly rejected OM)
2. Status moves (Would they count for to the "buff"?)
3. Priority moves (Would their priority be doubled?)
Forget about it. It's not what I meant for it to be.

Once in a while I come up with a few OM ideas and they’re always shot down pretty quick. And that time has come once again!

Plate Power (v1)

Premise: Pokemon that hold a plate gain the plate’s type in addition to the normal effect. The plate cannot be removed.

Rules: OU-based meta. Standard rule set.

Potential threats: Kartana, Dragonite, Rillaboom, Mew, Weavile

Questions: Is this just a bootleg Hidden Type? Hasn’t this category of ideas been beaten to death already? The answers to both these questions is probably yes.

Plate Power (v2)

Premise: Pokemon that hold a plate acquire the plate’s type either through adding it to their single type or by replacing one of their existing types, in addition to the normal effect. The plate cannot be removed.

Potential threats: Kartana, Rillaboom, Dragonite, Slowbro, Toxtricity

Questions: Is this just a bootleg Hidden Type? Hasn’t this category of ideas been beaten to death already? The answers to both these questions is probably yes.

Evolutionary Progress

Premise: Fully-evolved Pokémon’s base stats are composed of the highest respective stat in its evolutionary family. For example, Incineroar gets 90 Speed from Torracat.

Potential threats: Honestly it’s not very different from the normal meta so whatever is good in OU will be good here.

Questions: Is this different enough to warrant its own meta?

Full Force

Premise: All moves use their peak damage and mechanics throughout the series. For example, Fire Blast is base 120, Rapid Spin is base 50 and raises speed, and Spore affects Grass-types. (Possible clause: all dexited moves, such as Hidden Power and Pursuit, are available).

Potential threats: Anything with Explosion.

Questions: Would this power creep make the meta more or less fun? Should dexited moves be legal?

Temporal Titans

Premise: My attempt at making a new mechanic for Scarlet and Violet. One Pokemon per team may hold an Ancient Time Crystal or an Advanced Time Crystal (neither cannot be removed), which confer heightened prowess from the past or specialized adaptations from the future, respectively. Ancient gives 10% to all stats except HP while Advanced gives +25% to 2 stats of choice except HP.

Potential bans: Hard to say since this mechanic could make anything great. Well rounded mons will like Ancient while minmaxed mons will like Advanced.

Questions: Is this too broken? If so, I could make it +5% all around and +25% to a single stat instead. But if something as absurd as Dynamax can make it into the game, this isn’t a big stretch.

Once in a while I come up with a few OM ideas and they’re always shot down pretty quick. And that time has come once again!

Plate Power (v1)

Premise: Pokemon that hold a plate gain the plate’s type in addition to the normal effect. The plate cannot be removed.

Potential threats: Kartana, Dragonite, Rillaboom, Mew, Weavile

Plate Power (v2)

Premise: Pokemon that hold a plate acquire the plate’s type either through adding it to their single type or by replacing one of their existing types, in addition to the normal effect. The plate cannot be removed.

Potential threats: Kartana, Rillaboom, Dragonite, Slowbro, Toxtricity

Evolutionary Progress

Premise: Fully-evolved Pokémon’s base stats are composed of the highest respective stat in its evolutionary family. For example, Incineroar gets 90 Speed from Torracat.

Potential threats: Honestly it’s not very different from the normal meta so whatever is good in OU will be good here.

Questions: Is this different enough to warrant its own meta?

Full Force

Premise: All moves use their peak damage and mechanics throughout the series. For example, Fire Blast is base 120, Rapid Spin is base 50 and raises speed, and Spore affects Grass-types. (Possible clause: all dexited moves, such as Hidden Power and Pursuit, are available).

Potential threats: Anything with Explosion.

Questions: Would this power creep make the meta more or less fun? Should dexited moves be legal?

Temporal Titans

Premise: My attempt at making a new mechanic for Scarlet and Violet. One Pokemon per team may hold an Ancient Time Crystal or an Advanced Time Crystal (neither cannot be removed), which confer heightened prowess from the past or specialized adaptations from the future, respectively. Ancient gives 10% to all stats except HP while Advanced gives +25% to 2 stats of choice except HP.

Potential bans: Hard to say since this mechanic could make anything great. Well rounded mons will like Ancient while minmaxed mons will like Advanced.

Questions: Is this too broken? If so, I could make it +5% all around and +25% to a single stat instead. But if something as absurd as Dynamax can make it into the game, this isn’t a big stretch.
I think you answered your questions for the first two pretty well. So yes and yes.

Evolutionary progress doesn't really change that much fundamentally. There's a lot of stat changing meta's and they mostly succeed because different pokemon rise to the top (see tier shift for example) or it changes how most pokemon function drastically (like flipped). This doesn't do that.

Full force is an idea that has been proposed in the past and there's a few problems with it. For starters it is by definition a pet mod. You can't really sum up what the meta changes in a single sentence. "Moves function like in the generation they were at their peak" may seem sufficient but what do I know now? I don't know if Shadow Ball is affected or Blizzard or in what way without looking it up. You could only sum it up by listing each affected move seperately with the changes to them and that would make it no different from a pet mod. And there's also edge cases like Thunder. does it retain its 30% change to paralyze the target or revert to 10% but gain a 10 BP boost? And on the topic of paralysis, how do you define electric types being immune to it? A nerf to all moves that inflict paralysis, a nerf to the mechanic or a buff to the typing? The idea seems fine at first glance but it really is more of a pet mod.

Your last idea is just straight up a pet mod. That's because you aren't changing an existing rule or adding a simple one yourself, but rather arbitrarily adding two items with random effects. It also sounds like a less interesting version of mix 'n mega to me honestly.

I think you answered your questions for the first two pretty well. So yes and yes.

Evolutionary progress doesn't really change that much fundamentally. There's a lot of stat changing meta's and they mostly succeed because different pokemon rise to the top (see tier shift for example) or it changes how most pokemon function drastically (like flipped). This doesn't do that.

Full force is an idea that has been proposed in the past and there's a few problems with it. For starters it is by definition a pet mod. You can't really sum up what the meta changes in a single sentence. "Moves function like in the generation they were at their peak" may seem sufficient but what do I know now? I don't know if Shadow Ball is affected or Blizzard or in what way without looking it up. You could only sum it up by listing each affected move seperately with the changes to them and that would make it no different from a pet mod. And there's also edge cases like Thunder. does it retain its 30% change to paralyze the target or revert to 10% but gain a 10 BP boost? And on the topic of paralysis, how do you define electric types being immune to it? A nerf to all moves that inflict paralysis, a nerf to the mechanic or a buff to the typing? The idea seems fine at first glance but it really is more of a pet mod.

Your last idea is just straight up a pet mod. That's because you aren't changing an existing rule or adding a simple one yourself, but rather arbitrarily adding two items with random effects. It also sounds like a less interesting version of mix 'n mega to me honestly.
Those are all good points.

Regarding the Full Force technicalities, I should have specified that for attacking moves I would only consider the mechanics of the move with the highest base power. For situations like Thunder, where Gen 1 has a 10% paralysis chance but future gens are 30%, the secondary effects would default to the most recent gen’s mechanics. Therefore Thunder would function as it does in Gen 5 rather than Gen 1.

Paralysis is not affected by Full Force’s changes because Electric types are immune to it; moves like Thunder may attempt to apply the effect but will fail, similarly to Flash Fire. As for Spore, I guess I’d have to read the games’ code to see whether the change was made to the move or the type. In the case of the latter Spore would not change. I might keep it that way for the sake of simplicity.

Temporal Titans is definitely pushing it when it comes to the difference between OMs and Pet Mods. In my defense there have been more complex metas (imo) that were approved.

And because nobody asked, here’s some more ideas!

Legends Stat Change (boring name I know)

Premise: Stat changes use the mechanics in Pokémon Legends: Arceus.
From Serebii:

Stat alterations in battle have also changed. Rather than an individual stat being raised or lowered, both offensive and defensive stats are altered. So if you use Baby-Doll Eyes, rather than just lowering the target's Attack, it lowered both Attack and Special Attack. Another difference in this is that these stat alterations will only last a few turns, and if a move sharply boosts it, it lasts longer.

Potential threats: Mixed wallbreakers love this change but sweepers might struggle since stat boosts are temporary. Quiver Dance is probably broken.

Questions: Would this be too hard to implement? Would this make OU more biased towards a certain playstyle?

Offensive Eviolite

Premise: Shiny Pokémon affected by Eviolite will gain boosts to their offensive stats rather than their defensive stats.

Rules: OU-based meta (or maybe ubers?). Standard rule set.

Potential threats: Fast middle stage Pokémon will benefit the most. Combusken and Raboot will probably be broken.

Questions: Would pre-evos outclass their final forms? Or will better bulk prove more important than greater power?

It’s Rewind Time

Premise: Each player has one Rewind per game that can negate the events of a turn immediately after the turn occurs.

Potential threats: This makes lure sets less effective since opponents who took the bait can rewind the turn to avoid it. Bulky teams can re-roll when they suffer an untimely crit.

Questions: Would the power to redo a turn make a player’s skill significantly more relevant? Does the potential for a diminished surprise factor make the game less fun?

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
Legends Stat Change
Kinda meh imo. Maybe biases the meta towards stall because attackers use only one stat but defenders use two? Also a pain to keep track of if you have multiple boosts/drops from different sources and have to keep track of multiple timers.
Offensive Eviolite
Sure? Kinda a boring idea but I think it’s fine.
It’s Rewind Time
I don’t like this one. The rewind has one use: hax. If you use your rewind in a non-hax situation, not much changes: say a Kartana OHKOs you with a Leaf Blade, rewinding won’t save you: you gain nothing but confirmation that it knows Leaf Blade, which was never in doubt. Yes, you can now predict that it’ll use Leaf Blade again, but you have barely more knowledge of this then before, as the opponent is free to choose another move. But now your paraflinch or Spore strategy won’t be stopped by a lucky roll on the opponent’s part, and I feel like that’s the only way this would be used. Also, this anti-baiting measure would kinda just decrease variety.

Metagame that I looked for in the thread but could not find. If I'm ripping this idea and whoever posted it sees this, please step in.

Stat Shift
Metagame premise:
Pokemon pass their base stats to the next Pokemon in team order, with the last passing their stats to the first. This order is set in the Teambuilder and Pokemon get a nametag like Inheritance to let players know what stats a Pokemon is carrying.
Rules
OU Clauses
Bans: OU bans + Kartana + Huge Power
Unbans: None yet
Watchlist
Shell Smash
Regieleki
Blacephalon
Nidoking

:Tornadus-Therian: - :Tapu Koko: - :Keldeo: - :Dragapult: - :Conkeldurr: - :Nihilego:
Here's a team to illustrate building: Tornadus passes its stats to Koko, reducing speed for a bulk and power increase, who passes to Keldeo, flipping its spread around to make a very fast physical attacker, who passes to Dragapult, exchanging speed for a lot of Special power, who passes to Conkeldurr, making a rather terrifying cleaner, who passes to Nihilego, switching its stat spread to a very slow physical attacker to abuse Trick Room, who passes to Tornadus, sacrificing a lot of speed and a bit of physical bulk for significantly higher power and special bulk, completing the chain.

Questions for the community:
Is this too complicated to build? I did find that keeping all the stat selections in the team helps prevent from just spamming multiple Shell Smashers and other faceroll tactics by making you deal with the stats from the Pokemon with more busted Abilities and movepools, but you could use utility burner mons.

Last edited:
:ss/kartana:

Kartana seems incredibly strong in this meta. It's got a great defensive typing and a decent defensive movepool (Synthesis, Defog, Toxic, Knock Off, Giga Drain if it gets a decent Special Attack) so it can succeed with both a physical statline or a defensive statline. More frighteningly, it passes its ludicrous stats to something else.

:ss/blissey: -> :ss/shedinja:

I just think this interaction is funny. Not even the highest HP stat in the game can prevent Shedinja from having a single hit point.

Speaking of being similar to Inheritance, that might be a problem with this meta. I submitted a similar idea a while ago (movepools are shifted instead of stats, but shifting stats is comparable to shifting movepools (and typing and abilities) in the opposite direction) but it was rejected on the grounds of it being a more limiting version of Inheritance.

That was a concern I had, DrPumpkinz, but I think OMs might be starting to reach a saturation point, and we're likely to start seeing some overlap between lots of metagames. Moreover, I do think that shifting stats makes players think about teambuilding in a completely different way compared to movepool movements.

Also, DuckeryDoodle
I think to start I'm going to add Huge Power and Kartana, and I'm going to put Shell Smash and Regieleki on the watchlist. Eleki might sound strange, but it passes a far more useful spread than it normally can use with its movepool, and it might not be a problem anyway.

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
Regarding Eleki, I’m more worried about the other way around, where it can put Transistor to use with Blacephalon’s stats or something.

Same goes for Adaptability/Sheer Force/Guts/Belly Drum mons

Last edited:
Speaking of being similar to Inheritance, that might be a problem with this meta. I submitted a similar idea a while ago (movepools are shifted instead of stats, but shifting stats is comparable to shifting movepools (and typing and abilities) in the opposite direction) but it was rejected on the grounds of it being a more limiting version of Inheritance.
In my opinion there is a lot of complexity to building in Stat Shift, maybe more than Inheritance. Inheritance takes mons with great stats and typing and mediocre abilities/move pools and gives them a crappy mon's good ability and move pool. Stat Shift teams, however, should ideally have mons whose stats are all solid but could be more effective for a different mon's role. I had to get pretty creative at times when making the team below.

The squad: https://pokepast.es/4994663a9e1229b3
:Alakazam:

Using Glastrier's stats, it's now incredibly bulky and can act as a wincon with Curse + Drain Punch + Psycho Cut. At base 145 attack, this hits like a truck.

:Dragapult:

Dragapult loses some speed but its firepower increases massively. Shadow Ball go brrrrrr.

:Nidoking:

Dragapult basically provides a direct upgrade in every stat. Nidoking's power from Sheer Force Life Orb is complimented by its new 142 base speed. Nidoking should probably be looked at.

:Melmetal:

Nidoking's stats are mediocre so I needed to find a decent recipient. Scarf Melmetal, now with 85 base speed, can outrun basically every non-scarf mon and still deals decent damage with 102 base attack. More importantly, its speed allows it to take advantage of Double Iron Bash's juicy flinch chance. Half Togekiss, half terminator, all skill.

:Landorus-Therian:

Melmetal's stats help Landorus-Therian function even better as a bulky pivot due to its colossal physical bulk and solid special bulk. It now has an extremely slow U-Turn as well.

:Glastrier:

Glastrier doesn't change much except for a drastic improvement in its speed, allowing it to serve as a decently fast wallbreaker.

ok i imagine this is here somewhere but i wanna put my spin on it
UUbers
essentially we take the pokemon who are ubers, and any of them with less than 4.5% usage are legal. This means That things like Dialga and Palkia will be legal, while Calyrex-shadow is not. Any pokemon that are in the tiers below Ubers, like weaville or ferrothorn, they are still legal no matter the usage
Legal ubers pokemon
Dialga
Genesect
Zamazenta-crowned
Palkia
Kyurem-black
Giritina-origin
Kyurem white
Lunala
Naganadel
Giritina
Reshiram
Solgaleo
Necrozma-dawn-wings
Zamazenta-hero
Kyurem
Spectrier
Cinderace

out of these, Kyurem white seems to be the top, in the 20+ games ive played against people, kyurem-white has great power, versatility, good bulk, and a nice speed tier. with a large amount of pokemon weak to rock types, Lycanroc works well as a revenge killer and general overall pokemon. it has a good speed tier and nice general power, as well as priority rock type moves. Dugtrio is useful as a trapper, good for chipping down opposing pokemon for a late game sweep. kyurem black has a nice typing and works well as a late game sweeper, dragon dance and ice stab is nice. it is blocked by solgaleo and zamazenta. and can be revenged by accelerock or mach punch, the ice nuetrality is also good. giritina can work very well as a physical wall, with will-o-wisp it can block the majority of them, special attackers can clear it fairly easily due to its lack of recovery. the final pokemon i want to mention is genesect. Genesect hits hard and pivots around, can hit the important ice types for super effective, and can chunk the important dark types with u turn.

overall i think this could be a fun tier and want something to get off the ground for it. after testing for the last week ive found its an interesting metagame, it seems to be overall is fairly balanced. it just needs to get off the ground. i hope ya'll like this proposal and we can get it off the ground.

Last edited:
Has there ever been a OU-based OM with the sole change of unbanning dynamax? I don’t intend to argue in favor of its existence since I hate dynamax but I’m curious anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)