New Moves: Crabhammer

HP: 75 -> 75
Atk: 125 -> 160 (+35)
Def: 100 ->130 (+30)
SpA: 70 -> 70 (+0)
SpD: 80 -> 100 (+20)
Spe: 45 -> 60 (+15)
BST: 495 -> 595

Mega Armaldo returns to its ancient roots as an aquatic bug, thus its typing changes to the semi-unique Water/Bug. Solid Rock ties it back to its previous Rock typing and fits flavourwise due to it being “clad in sturdy plates”. The ability and stat spread enables it to be a bulky swords dancer. Crabhammer was added for water stab and because its somewhat crabby looking (and the ancient animal its based off of is not so distantly related to crabs). Appearance-wise, Armaldo changes to be more hydrodynamic with bigger, bulkier plating, larger swimmy things, and sleeker longer claws (think kind of along the lines of mega swampert, but with less protein powder).

Also I have a couple questions, how on earth do you put things in spoiler tags, I don't forum much and I haven't been able to figure it out? Also if I have more submissions for this slate, do i make a new post with them in it, or edit them into this one?
Alternatively, you can do the following: {hide=whatever you want}BlahBlah{/hide} but replace the curly brackets with square ones to get something like this
BlahBlah
Pikachuun also taught me how to do this several months ago.

Additionally, changing a Pokemon's primary type is not allowed unless its secondary type is Flying (see guidelines in OP)

Ambipom (Ambipomite)
Type: Normal -> Normal
Abilities: Technician, Pickup (Skill Link) -> Technician
New Moves: Tail Slap, Rock Tomb, Incinerate

Atk: 100 -> 140 (+40)
Def: 66 -> 76 (+10)
SpA: 60 -> 90 (+30)
SpD: 66 -> 76 (+10)
Spe: 115 -> 135 (+20)
BST: 482 -> 582

Ambipom, the original Technician. Tail Slap is fittingly borrowed from another Normal-type with Technician. Incinerate is just for a quirky move because Normal-types have weird movepools, and is equal to Flamethrower. Rock Tomb is another option which improves coverage and has a neat secondary effect.
Armaldo (Armaldite)
Type: Rock/Bug -> Rock/Bug
Abilities: Battle Armor (Swift Swim) -> Tough Claws
New Moves: Razor Shell

Atk: 125 -> 155 (+30)
Def: 100 -> 130 (+30)
SpA: 70 -> 70
Spe: 45 -> 65 (+20)

I'm not too sure about Crabhammer on something that's not a crab, but Razor Shell is the next best thing, useful for coverage especially due to Tough Claws. Armaldo can make a powerful wallbreaker or a sweeper with Swords Dance or Rock Polish.
Azumarill (Azumarillite)
Type: Water/Fairy -> Water/Fairy
Abilities: Thick Fat, Huge Power (Sap Sipper) -> Magic Guard
New Moves: Moonblast

HP: 100 -> 100
Atk: 50 -> 50
Def: 80 -> 100 (+20)
SpA: 60 -> 120 (+60)
SpD: 80 -> 110 (+30)
Spe: 50 -> 40 (-10)
BST: 420 -> 520

Azumarill makes an excellent wall that can't be worn down by toxic. It has great Special Attack that allows it to still be threatening, and doesn't have to deal with burn, Rocky Helmet, and other things physical attackers often do.
Cacturne (Cacturnite)
Type: Grass/Dark -> Grass/Dark
Abilities: Sand Veil (Water Absorb) -> Thick Fat
New Moves: Earth Power, Knock Off, Taunt

HP: 70 -> 70
Atk: 115 -> 130 (+15)
Def: 60 -> 100 (+40)
SpA: 115 -> 130 (+15)
SpD: 60 -> 100 (+40)
Spe: 55 -> 45 (-10)
BST: 475 -> 575

The Grass/Dark typing comes with many resistances, but many weaknesses as well. Thick Fat removes two major weaknesses at no cost.

Last edited:
I take it it's okay to only submit one mega, right?

Mega Ambipom (Ambipomite)
Type: Normal
Ability: Technician/Pickup/Skill Link -> Ambidextrous (If this Pokemon uses a move with 40 base power or lower, it attacks twice. This ability will not activate with multi-strike moves (i.e. Double Hit, Bullet Seed, etc.).)
New moves: Quick Attack, Echoed Voice, Disarming Voice

SpA: 60 -> 80 (+20)

Flavor concept: Ambipom’s tails become more muscular and like actual hands. This allows it much greater dexterity, and therefore the ability to use some of its weaker attacks twice in one turn. Other design changes include denser, spikier looking fur on its legs, lower torso, tails, and head; as well as facial markings similar to those seen on a mandrill.

Competitive concept: Thanks to Mega Ambipom’s high speed stat, it becomes a priority user capable of out-speeding most other priority users. Ambidextrous + Quick Attack gives it a move that’s essentially a more spammable Extreme Speed, and all of Quick Attack’s resists can easily be handled by a combination of Power-Up Punch and either Pursuit or Knock Off, the former of which also functions as a free Swords Dance. Disarming Voice and Echoed Voice are only there so that Ambipom has a couple weak special moves so it can take advantage of its increased special attack, which isn't useful competitvely outside of surprise but I figured that since I was going to increase its special attack anyways I might as well at least give it some coverage.

I know that the ability I came up with is similar to Precision, but I feel like Ambidextrous is different enough since it causes weak moves to hit twice rather than hit once with double power. This minor change does actually make a big difference, since now Ambipom can break sashes, Sturdy, and weaker subs, as well as effectively get a Swords Dance boost from Power-Up Punch. It also means Ambipom gets punished especially hard for attacking Ferrothorn, Garchomp, Rocky Helmet users, and 'mons with abilities that cause status on contact, which means that it has to be used with greater caution.

Abilities: Thick Fat, Huge Power (Sap Sipper) -> Inner Magic (Doubles Special Attack)
New Moves: Moonblast, Vacuum Wave, Nasty Plot

SpA: 60 -> 85 (+25)
Spe: 50 -> 85 (+35)

Concept: So go from physical Attack to special, and increase the special movepool. None of the new moves help Huge Power Azumarill AT ALL! Use NP and your mixed STAB and Vacuum Wave for incredible neutral coverage, or ice somewhere if you can fit it in somehow.

Note: I'm still shocked we don't have a special counterpart to Huge/Pure Power.

Abilities: Sand Veil (Water Absorb) -> Spike Shed (releases a layer of spikes when switched into the fight or when mega'd.)
New Moves: Toxic Spikes, Earthquake, Parting Shot

Atk: 115 -> 135 (+20)
SpA: 115 -> 135 (+20)
Spe: 55 -> 35 (-20)

Concept: Did you know that cacti have a ton of spikes? They shed them too from time to time. That's... pretty much its lone purpose. Come in, survive with 70/110/110 defenses then get out and come back later. This, if I'm not mistaken, is an unused niche.

Last edited:

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Abilities: Sand Veil (Water Absorb) -> Spike Shed (releases a layer of spikes when switched into the fight or when mega'd.
New Moves: Toxic Spikes, Play Rough, U-Turn

Atk: 115 -> 145 (+30)
Def: 60 -> 110 (+50)
SpA: 115 -> 145 (+30)
SpD: 60 -> 110 (+50)

Concept: Did you know that cacti have a ton of spikes? They shed them too from time to time. That's... pretty much its lone purpose. Come in, survive with 70/110/110 defenses then get out and come back later. This, if I'm not mistaken, is an unused niche.
I don't get Play Rough or U-turn. Parting Shot seems like a better fit over U-turn, imo. Also you gave 40 points too many to Cacturne; deduct 40 points from somewhere (maybe +10 Attack and special attack instead since you're aiming for more of a defensive submission)

Mega Ambipom
Ability: Pick Up/Technician/Skill Link -> Precision (Moves 40 BP and under have their power doubled)
New Moves: None

Atk: 100 -> 130 (+30)
Def: 66 -> 86 (+20)
SpA: 60 -> 60 (+0)
SpD: 66 -> 86 (+20)
Spe: 115 -> 145 (+30)

Flavor Concept: Ambipom gains two more tails and becomes the monkey equivalent of Doctor Octopus, using two as legs and two as arms.

Competitive Concept: When Ambipom debuted in Gen IV, it showcased the power of Technician. Sadly, though, its niche as the game's coolest Technician didn't even last one generation; once Platinum gave Scizor Bullet Punch, it was all over.

Languishing in the lower tiers, Ambibom's high speed and decent attack just can't make up for its many flaws. Mega Ambipom, on the other hand, finally gives our purple friend its due, first by raising its bulk to survivable levels, then by giving it a blazing speed upgrade and wonderful new Attack stat. But that's not all; just as Ambipom got its power boosted by Technician, Mega Ambipom takes it to the next level with Precision.

Under Precision, moves that are 40 BP or lower get their power doubled. The most obvious consequence is that Ambipom's initial claim to fame, a superpowered Fake Out, hits even stronger: after STAB and Precision, Ambipom can fire off 120 BP Fake Outs every time it switches in, and furthermore lets it safely Mega Evolve beyond its standard form's horrid 75/66/66 defenses. Double Hit, its signature move that's always been outclassed by Return? After STAB and Precision, it's a substitute and sash-breaking 210 BP monster.

Sound fun? Wait until 80 BP Power-Up Punch, which not only helps with Rock and Steel coverage, but boosts Ambipom's Attack whenever it's used. Rounding us out is 80 BP Pursuit to hit and trap the Ghosts in Ambipom's way (as has been pointed out by nightsitter, this isn't doubled on the switch, but hitting for 80 BP whether or not the foe switches is still pretty great!).

U-Turn can still be fit in, depending on what you want to hit, and with 145 speed and the aforementioned 120 BP Fake Out in its arsenal, Mega Ambipom is an amazing hit-and-runner. Thankfully it can't use Fake Out/Double Hit/Power Up Punch/Pursuit/U-Turn in one set, so it'll have to sacrifice either power or coverage.

Mega Ambipom is kept at bay by its still-lousy bulk, weakness to all hazards (most notably Sticky Web), an inability to deal with priority once Fake Out has been used, susceptibility to status (particularly Burn), and its reliance on 80 BP moves for coverage; yes, Power-Up Punch and Pursuit have terrific side effects, but they still aren't the strongest attacks around. But whether it hits hard and flees or it buckles down and blasts down walls, Mega Ambipom is a force to be reckoned with.

Mega Azumarill
Abilities: Thick Fat/Huge Power/Sap Sipper -> Serene Grace
New Moves: So we all agree this gets Moonblast, right? Good.

Def: 80 -> 110 (+30)
SpA: 60 -> 100 (+40)
Spe: 50 -> 50 (+0)

Flavor Concept: Azumarill's tail buoy gets massive, the same relative size it had back when it was Azurill, and is used the same way, as a bouncing base.

Concept: Azumarill switches roles entirely, but is just as amazing as its standard version. 100/110/110 bulk with Water/Fairy typing is just magnificent, but then you look at its ability and most obvious STAB moves. With Serene Grace, Scald has a 60% to burn, which softens physical blows, and Moonblast has a 60% chance to lower Special Attack, which softens special hits. Under a respectable 100 Special Attack of its own, Azumarill is an incredibly solid tank.

As for those other two moves? Well, Ice Beam is a given if you want great coverage and a trollish 20% freeze, only missing neutral hits on Tentacuel, Qwilfish, and Empoleon (unless there's a water-immune mon that resists Fairy and Ice that I'm not thinking of). If you absolutely have to destroy Steel, Focus Miss is an option, and if you like seeing "It's Super Effective" on Water types despite it being mediocre otherwise, I guess Grass Knot is there for you. But Azumarill has plenty of utility as well! Encore is terrific for a mon this bulky, Refresh lets Azumarill be self-sustaining against the Toxic it hates, and Knock Off, while running off a probably negative 50 Attack, still has that amazing side effect. For my money, Scald/Moonblast/Ice Beam/Utility is your best bet for this incredible Mega.

I really like some or these Armaldos and Cacturnes and feel more strongly about them than the ideas I had for my own, so no need to submit for them.

Last edited:
I was gonna create an Ambipom, but I think I like Jay's, so I'll just vote for that one. However, I'd like to point out that Pursuit won't hit 160 BP on a switch because the switching boost is applied first. This is exemplified by Scizor's Pursuit, which doesn't hit 120 BP because its BP before Technician is 80. You also might wanna throw some of that speed into Special attack or the defenses.
Ability: Sand Veil/Water Absorb -> Scarecrow (See spreadsheet for description)
New Moves: Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Knock Off

Atk: 115 -> 185 (+70)
Def: 60 -> 70 (+10)
SpA: 115 -> 115
SpD: 60 -> 70 (+10)
Spe: 55 -> 65 (+10)

Flavor Concept: Fire Punch and Ice Punch because it already gets ThunderPunch; Knock Off because it’s Dark type. Scarecrow should be obvious.

Competitive Concept: Fuck birds, man. Mega Cacturne’s Sucker Punch hits for massive damage after a SD boost, while his various other moves like Fire Punch and Ice Punch can help beat stall. At +2, there’s not much stopping a sweep outside of non-GW priority.

Mega Armaldo

Rock/Bug ----> Rock/Bug

Battle Armor/Swift Swim ----> Multiscale

75/125/100/70/80/45 ----> 75/155/125/70/105/55 (--/+30/+30/--/+30/+10)

With Multiscale and improved defenses, Mega Armaldo becomes extremely bulky, allowing it to set up hazards or use stat-boosting moves much easier. The attack and speed boosts also help out Mega Armaldo, letting deal more damage and allowing it to outspeed a few more Pokemon.

The other two have already had submissions like I would post, so I decided not to make them. I didn't notice ambipom's stats until now, proving that I'm fairly useless today
Typing: Normal (same)
Abilities: Technician/Pickup (Skill Link) -> Scrappy
Movepool Additions: Drain Punch

Hp: 75 -> 75
Def: 66 -> 81 (+15)
SpA: 60 -> 60
SpD: 66 -> 81 (+15)

Design Concept: Grows two more hands on its tail. It also proceeds to grow a beard and become more monk-like in appearance.

Competitive: Most likely people are going to go the scrappy fake out + Last resort route.

Typing: Rock/Bug -> Rock/Water
Abilities: Battle Armor (Swift Swim) -> Stabilized (Hazards set up by this pokemon can't be blown away by defog)
Movepool Additions: Razor Shell, Spikes

Atk: 125 -> 145 (+20)
Def: 100 -> 120 (+20)
SpD: 80 -> 120 (+40)
Spe: 45 -> 60 (+20)

Design Concept: Grows more (fins?) on the end of its tail and its tail lengthens. The chitin on its arms shift upwards, revealing a previously hidden claw on each arm. Its chitin also hardens, becoming nearly as hard as steel.

Competitive: It goes from a low tier tank to a hazard setter. It gains the ability to survive a lot of hits while setting up hazards, and it can't have its hazards blown away by a cursed mandibuzz (I hate those things.) Also, it has a raised attack and a better offensive and defensive typing, also allowing for STAB 145 Atk priority move. Quite powerful.

Last edited:
Armaldo
Abilities: Battle Armor/Swift Swim -> Aqua Predator (Water immunity and +1 attack when hit by Water move)
New Moves: n/a

Atk: 125 -> 165 (+40)
Spe: 45 -> 55 (+10)

Mega Armaldo goes back to its amphibious hunting roots and is now only weak to Rock and Steel. Nothing too fancy, it just hits hard and has the defenses to be a pretty reliable Stealth Rock setter or Rapid Spinner.

Mega Azumarill
Abilities: Thick Fat/Huge Power/Sap Sipper -> Soundproof
New Moves: Moonblast, Block

Atk: 50 -> 70 (+20)
SpA: 60 -> 70 (+10)
Spe: 50 -> 60 (+10)

Azumarill has the ability to roll up its ears to keep them dry, so Mega Azumarill's totally impervious to sound. Its defensive typing and stats add to its niche as a Soundproof Perish Trapper. You can even use this Mega Azumarill as a bulky Belly Drummer that can't be Roared out; it won't hit as hard as its base form but can take less than 50 percent from something like a Scarf Latios's Thunderbolt if it invests in bulk.

Have you ever had one of those days you kept getting distracted in more and more interesting ways? Today was that kind of day for me. PM votes to nightsitter

Current Slate

Ambipom (Ambipomite)
Abilities: Technician, Pickup (Skill Link) -> Technician
New Moves: Tail Slap, Rock Tomb, Incinerate

SpA: 60 -> 90 (+30)
BST: 482 -> 582

Ambipom, the original Technician. Tail Slap is fittingly borrowed from another Normal-type with Technician. Incinerate is just for a quirky move because Normal-types have weird movepools, and is equal to Flamethrower. Rock Tomb is another option which improves coverage and has a neat secondary effect.

Mega Ambipom (Ambipomite)
Ability: Technician/Pickup/Skill Link -> Ambidextrous (If this Pokemon uses a move with 40 base power or lower, it attacks twice. This ability will not activate with multi-strike moves (i.e. Double Hit, Bullet Seed, etc.).)
New moves: Quick Attack, Echoed Voice, Disarming Voice

SpA: 60 -> 80 (+20)

Flavor concept: Ambipom’s tails become more muscular and like actual hands. This allows it much greater dexterity, and therefore the ability to use some of its weaker attacks twice in one turn. Other design changes include denser, spikier looking fur on its legs, lower torso, tails, and head; as well as facial markings similar to those seen on a mandrill.

Competitive concept: Thanks to Mega Ambipom’s high speed stat, it becomes a priority user capable of out-speeding most other priority users. Ambidextrous + Quick Attack gives it a move that’s essentially a more spammable Extreme Speed, and all of Quick Attack’s resists can easily be handled by a combination of Power-Up Punch and either Pursuit or Knock Off, the former of which also functions as a free Swords Dance. Disarming Voice and Echoed Voice are only there so that Ambipom has a couple weak special moves so it can take advantage of its increased special attack, which isn't useful competitvely outside of surprise but I figured that since I was going to increase its special attack anyways I might as well at least give it some coverage.

Mega Ambipom
Ability: Pick Up/Technician/Skill Link -> Precision (Moves 40 BP and under have their power doubled)

Flavor Concept: Ambipom gains two more tails and becomes the monkey equivalent of Doctor Octopus, using two as legs and two as arms.

Competitive Concept: When Ambipom debuted in Gen IV, it showcased the power of Technician. Sadly, though, its niche as the game's coolest Technician didn't even last one generation; once Platinum gave Scizor Bullet Punch, it was all over.

Languishing in the lower tiers, Ambibom's high speed and decent attack just can't make up for its many flaws. Mega Ambipom, on the other hand, finally gives our purple friend its due, first by raising its bulk to survivable levels, then by giving it a blazing speed upgrade and wonderful new Attack stat. But that's not all; just as Ambipom got its power boosted by Technician, Mega Ambipom takes it to the next level with Precision.

Under Precision, moves that are 40 BP or lower get their power doubled. The most obvious consequence is that Ambipom's initial claim to fame, a superpowered Fake Out, hits even stronger: after STAB and Precision, Ambipom can fire off 120 BP Fake Outs every time it switches in, and furthermore lets it safely Mega Evolve beyond its standard form's horrid 75/66/66 defenses. Double Hit, its signature move that's always been outclassed by Return? After STAB and Precision, it's a substitute and sash-breaking 210 BP monster.

Sound fun? Wait until 80 BP Power-Up Punch, which not only helps with Rock and Steel coverage, but boosts Ambipom's Attack whenever it's used. Rounding us out is 80 BP Pursuit to hit and trap the Ghosts in Ambipom's way (as has been pointed out by nightsitter, this isn't doubled on the switch, but hitting for 80 BP whether or not the foe switches is still pretty great!).

U-Turn can still be fit in, depending on what you want to hit, and with 145 speed and the aforementioned 120 BP Fake Out in its arsenal, Mega Ambipom is an amazing hit-and-runner. Thankfully it can't use Fake Out/Double Hit/Power Up Punch/Pursuit/U-Turn in one set, so it'll have to sacrifice either power or coverage.

Mega Ambipom is kept at bay by its still-lousy bulk, weakness to all hazards (most notably Sticky Web), an inability to deal with priority once Fake Out has been used, susceptibility to status (particularly Burn), and its reliance on 80 BP moves for coverage; yes, Power-Up Punch and Pursuit have terrific side effects, but they still aren't the strongest attacks around. But whether it hits hard and flees or it buckles down and blasts down walls, Mega Ambipom is a force to be reckoned with.

Typing: Normal (same)
Abilities: Technician/Pickup (Skill Link) -> Scrappy
Movepool Additions: Drain Punch

Hp: 75 -> 75
Def: 66 -> 81 (+15)
SpD: 66 -> 81 (+15)

Design Concept: Grows two more hands on its tail. It also proceeds to grow a beard and become more monk-like in appearance.

Competitive: Most likely people are going to go the scrappy fake out + Last resort route.

Mega Armaldo
Abilities: Battle Armour/Swift Swim -> Semi-Aquatic (Immunity to water type moves. Water type moves have their power increased by 1.5 times)
New Moves: Crabhammer

Atk: 125 -> 160 (+35)
Def: 100 ->130 (+30)
SpA: 70 -> 70 (+0)
Spe: 45 -> 60 (+15)

Mega Armaldo returns to its ancient roots as an aquatic bug, thus its ability changes its weakness to water into an immunity and grants it pseudo-STAB. The stat spread enables it to be a bulky swords dancer. Crabhammer was added for water pseudo-stab and because its somewhat crabby looking (and the ancient animal its based off of is not so distantly related to crabs). Appearance-wise, Armaldo changes to be more hydrodynamic with bigger, bulkier plating, larger swimmy things, and sleeker longer claws (think kind of along the lines of mega swampert, but with less protein powder).
Armaldo (Armaldite)

I'm not too sure about Crabhammer on something that's not a crab, but Razor Shell is the next best thing, useful for coverage especially due to Tough Claws. Armaldo can make a powerful wallbreaker or a sweeper with Swords Dance or Rock Polish.

Mega Armaldo

Rock/Bug ----> Rock/Bug

Battle Armor/Swift Swim ----> Multiscale

75/125/100/70/80/45 ----> 75/155/125/70/105/55 (--/+30/+30/--/+30/+10)

With Multiscale and improved defenses, Mega Armaldo becomes extremely bulky, allowing it to set up hazards or use stat-boosting moves much easier. The attack and speed boosts also help out Mega Armaldo, letting deal more damage and allowing it to outspeed a few more Pokemon.

Typing: Rock/Bug -> Rock/Water
Abilities: Battle Armor (Swift Swim) -> Stabilized (Hazards set up by this pokemon can't be blown away by defog)
Movepool Additions: Razor Shell, Spikes

Atk: 125 -> 145 (+20)
SpD: 80 -> 120 (+40)
Spe: 45 -> 60 (+20)

Design Concept: Grows more (fins?) on the end of its tail and its tail lengthens. The chitin on its arms shift upwards, revealing a previously hidden claw on each arm. Its chitin also hardens, becoming nearly as hard as steel.

Competitive: It goes from a low tier tank to a hazard setter. It gains the ability to survive a lot of hits while setting up hazards, and it can't have its hazards blown away by a cursed mandibuzz (I hate those things.) Also, it has a raised attack and a better offensive and defensive typing, also allowing for STAB 145 Atk priority move. Quite powerful.

Armaldo
Abilities: Battle Armor/Swift Swim -> Aqua Predator (Water immunity and +1 attack when hit by Water move)
New Moves: n/a

Atk: 125 -> 165 (+40)
Spe: 45 -> 55 (+10)

Mega Armaldo goes back to its amphibious hunting roots and is now only weak to Rock and Steel. Nothing too fancy, it just hits hard and has the defenses to be a pretty reliable Stealth Rock setter or Rapid Spinner.

Mega Azumarill
Abilities: Thick Fat/Huge Power/ Sap Sipper -> Unaware
New Moves: Acid Armour

Atk: 50 -> 70
Def: 80 -> 120
SpD: 80 -> 120
Spe: 50 -> 50

Azumarill (Azumarillite)
Abilities: Thick Fat, Huge Power (Sap Sipper) -> Magic Guard
New Moves: Moonblast

SpA: 60 -> 120 (+60)
Spe: 50 -> 40 (-10)

Azumarill makes an excellent wall that can't be worn down by toxic. It has great Special Attack that allows it to still be threatening, and doesn't have to deal with burn, Rocky Helmet, and other things physical attackers often do.

Mega Azumarill
Abilities: Thick Fat, Huge Power (Sap Sipper) -> Inner Magic (Doubles Special Attack)
New Moves: Moonblast, Vacuum Wave, Nasty Plot

SpA: 60 -> 85 (+25)
Spe: 50 -> 85 (+35)

Concept: So go from physical Attack to special, and increase the special movepool. None of the new moves help Huge Power Azumarill AT ALL! Use NP and your mixed STAB and Vacuum Wave for incredible neutral coverage, or ice somewhere if you can fit it in somehow.

Mega Azumarill
Abilities: Thick Fat/Huge Power/Sap Sipper -> Serene Grace
New Moves: So we all agree this gets Moonblast, right? Good.

SpA: 60 -> 100 (+40)
Spe: 50 -> 50 (+0)

Flavor Concept: Azumarill's tail buoy gets massive, the same relative size it had back when it was Azurill, and is used the same way, as a bouncing base.

Concept: Azumarill switches roles entirely, but is just as amazing as its standard version. 100/110/110 bulk with Water/Fairy typing is just magnificent, but then you look at its ability and most obvious STAB moves. With Serene Grace, Scald has a 60% to burn, which softens physical blows, and Moonblast has a 60% chance to lower Special Attack, which softens special hits. Under a respectable 100 Special Attack of its own, Azumarill is an incredibly solid tank.

As for those other two moves? Well, Ice Beam is a given if you want great coverage and a trollish 20% freeze, only missing neutral hits on Tentacuel, Qwilfish, and Empoleon (unless there's a water-immune mon that resists Fairy and Ice that I'm not thinking of). If you absolutely have to destroy Steel, Focus Miss is an option, and if you like seeing "It's Super Effective" on Water types despite it being mediocre otherwise, I guess Grass Knot is there for you. But Azumarill has plenty of utility as well! Encore is terrific for a mon this bulky, Refresh lets Azumarill be self-sustaining against the Toxic it hates, and Knock Off, while running off a probably negative 50 Attack, still has that amazing side effect. For my money, Scald/Moonblast/Ice Beam/Utility is your best bet for this incredible Mega.

Mega Azumarill

Azumarill has the ability to roll up its ears to keep them dry, so Mega Azumarill's totally impervious to sound. Its defensive typing and stats add to its niche as a Soundproof Perish Trapper. You can even use this Mega Azumarill as a bulky Belly Drummer that can't be Roared out; it won't hit as hard as its base form but can take less than 50 percent from something like a Scarf Latios's Thunderbolt if it invests in bulk.

Mega Cacturne
Abilities: Sand Veil/Water Absorb -> Scarecrow
New Moves: Knock Off

Atk: 115 -> 140 (+25)
Def: 60 -> 60 (+0)
SpA: 115 -> 140 (+25)
SpD: 60 -> 60 (+0)
Spe: 55 -> 105 (+50)

Cacturne (Cacturnite)
Abilities: Sand Veil (Water Absorb) -> Thick Fat
New Moves: Earth Power, Knock Off, Taunt

Atk: 115 -> 130 (+15)
SpA: 115 -> 130 (+15)
Spe: 55 -> 45 (-10)

The Grass/Dark typing comes with many resistances, but many weaknesses as well. Thick Fat removes two major weaknesses at no cost.

Mega Cacturne
Abilities: Sand Veil (Water Absorb) -> Spike Shed (releases a layer of spikes when switched into the fight or when mega'd.)
New Moves: Toxic Spikes, Earthquake, Parting Shot

Atk: 115 -> 135 (+20)
SpA: 115 -> 135 (+20)

Mega Cacturne

Flavor Concept: Fire Punch and Ice Punch because it already gets ThunderPunch; Knock Off because it’s Dark type. Scarecrow should be obvious.

Competitive Concept: Fuck birds, man. Mega Cacturne’s Sucker Punch hits for massive damage after a SD boost, while his various other moves like Fire Punch and Ice Punch can help beat stall. At +2, there’s not much stopping a sweep outside of non-GW priority.

Last edited:
So our next slate will be Castform, Celebi, Chimecho, and Cinccino.

For Castform, I'm thinking an ability that makes weather moves last ten turns. Semi-permaweather is back! Note: we should not give Castform actual permaweather; we've seen how centralizing it is in Gen V, and if there's only one setter, then Castform is bound to be banned.

Celebi's gonna be Grass/Fairy so it stops having terrible typing. Or I would, but it's actually Psychic/Grass, so dammit.

Chimecho. I've got nothing but Chimecho except maybe giving it Boomburst.

For Cinccino, I'll just resubmit my old one.

Last edited:
For Castform I was thinking of giving it an ability that autosets and changes its typing to which ever weather move it has in its move set. Which it allows it to autoset as well as finally have a form for sandstorm if one so desired. It also gives it flexibility in different weather teams.

What if Castform sets a random weather... and then turns into its usual type. This may make it a bit unwieldy, but the ability to be anti-weather goes up because the ability would default to always change a current weather to something else.

This one gonna be interesting.
We have three sucking pokemon ( really, if Cappuccino is the best of the slate, you know...)

Castform is especially interesting, and Cinccino is going to be strange.
Maybe I will try it.

So I probably won't be around tomorrow. Got nothing for Celebi and Chimecho, but here are my submissions for the others:
Mega Castform
Ability: Forecast -> Climate Change (Forecast's effect, but also makes weather moves last ten turns)
New Moves: Recover, Hurricane

Atk: 70 -> 70 (+0)
Def: 70 -> 110 (+40)
SpA: 70 -> 110 (+40)
SpD: 70 -> 110 (+40)
Spe: 70 -> 50 (-20)

Flavor Concept: Castform looks the same, as do all its forms, but now there's a green screen behind it and it's wearing a little tie. The world's cutest little meteorologist is here to brighten our day (or dampen it, depending).

Competitive Concept: 70/110/110 bulk lets Castform actually take hits, and Recover lets it, well recover. Castform's great coverage is aided by 110 Special Attack, and it can decide what STAB it gets based on weather.

But the real claim to fame here is its enhanced ability, giving any weather move it uses last 10 whole turns. Not only does this make Castform way better on its own, but lets weather teams make a bit of a comeback! Rain Dance is your best bet, as it not only has the best team coverage, but with Thunder and the new, super-flavorful Hurricane in its movepool, you just need to pick between Scald for burning, Hydro Pump for power, or Weather Ball for the middle road, and you're all set: of OU-legal mons, only Mega-Ampharos resists all three high-powered moves. Even if it's 50 speed with just 100 Special Attack, that isn't nothing.

Mega Cinccino
Abilities: Cute Charm/Technician/Skill Link) -> Skill Link
New Moves: Coil, Low Kick
Atk: 95 -> 125 (+30)
SpA: 65 -> 65 (+0)
SpD: 60 -> 110 (+50)
Spe: 115 -> 95 (-20)

Flavor Concept: The scarf goes wild! Cinccino has a whole boa to work with!

Competitive Concept: Wanted to be different from the generic "make Cinccino a better Skill Linker" concept while maintaining its basic role. Way I see it, the natural progression is for Cino to get more fur, thus more bulk, in exchange for speed (but let's not slow down too much!). Rather than expanding coverage, this Mega Cino is optimized by Coil, which not only makes sense flavorwise (after all, that scarf is coiled nicely around its neck) but boosts three extremely relevant stats. Attack is a given, defense is nice to supplement Cino's newfound bulk, and accuracy nicely assists Tail Slap and Rock Blast. Low Kick by and large would hit harder than Arm Thrust against Steel (really don't want to give a cute chinchilla the power to summon bones); otherwise, Tail Slap, Rock Blast, and Bullet Seed are all great options.

I'm going out shortly, so I figured I'd post these an hour or two early. I hope no one's offended.

Ambipom: JayHankEdLyon
Mega Ambipom

Armaldo: Mega Mantine
Armaldo (Armaldite)

Azumarill: GG Unit
Mega Azumarill

Cacturne: nightsitter
Mega Cacturne

This means it's time for submissions for Castform, Celebi, Chimecho, and Cinccino.

Mega Castform
Abilities: Forecast -> Inclement Weather (Upon switch in or Mega evolution, The first weather move in Castform's moves is used for a duration of 8 turns, and Castform's type is changed to that of the move.)
New Moves: Recover

Def: 70 -> 115 (+45)
SpA: 70 -> 90 (+20)
SpD: 70 -> 115 (+45)
Spe: 70 -> 60 (-10)
Castform finally gains a rock type form for sandstorm! Also more importantly he gains the ability to autoset weather with the equivalent of him holding the weather's respective stone. Castform also gains some bulk so that he is a more reliable weather setter and an increase special attack to utilize is plethora of special moves. However Castform has to use on of his move slots for a weather move. He also doesn't hit particularly hard and isn't even that bulky.

Last edited:
Mega Castform
Ability: Forecast
Stats: 70/70/85(+15)/130(+60)/85(+15)/80(+10)
Moves: +Recover, +Calm Mind +Giga Drain
With this Mega Evolution, Castform becomes much stronger and gains a little extra speed and bulk so that it can keep firing attacks and setting up. Calm Mind allows it to sweep, while Recover and Giga Drain allow it to last longer in battle.

Mega Celebi
Type: Psychic/Grass
Ability: Aroma Veil
Stats: 100/120/120/120/120/120
Moves: +Growth
Mega Celebi is capable of setting up with ease without fear of Taunt or Encore, and can attack from either side of the P/S spectrum. This versatility allows to either provide great team support with Baton Pass, Thunder Wave, Heal Bell, Perish Song and Trick Room, or sweep with Nasty Plot, Swords Dance, Growth, Calm Mind or Substitute.

Typing: Normal -> Normal/Flying
Abilities: Forecast -> Storm Magic (Turns Normal typing to a different type, depending on the weather condition; Rock for sand, Water for rain, Fire for sun, Ice for hail. Mainly this is forecast but with ground typing and dual typings; if too complicated just use forecast and make me cry.)
Movepool Additions: Power Gem, Air Slash, Tri Attack (If you use forecast then remove Power Gem and give it hurricane, and take 10 points away from SpA and put it on either defense or spe.)

Atk: 70 -> 70
Def: 70 -> 70
SpA: 70 -> 120 (+50)
SpD: 70 -> 70
Spe: 70 -> 120 (+50)

Design Concept: It becomes surrounded by dark clouds. It turns white, and the mask turns pitch black. The smile on its face disappears, and the hair on top is straightened out into a horn.

Competitive: 120 spA isn't bad, or at least not when you get stab on so many moves depending on the weather. Now it can also work on sand teams, setting up the sand for sweepers like excadrill. Or you can just go on the offensive and use the STABs to deal more damage.

Typing: Psychic/Grass (same)
Abilities: Natural Cure -> Magic Bounce
Movepool Additions: Nasty Plot, Horn Leech

Hp: 100 -> 100
Def: 100 -> 95 (-5)
SpA: 100 -> 130 (+30)
SpD: 100 -> 95 (-5)
Spe: 100 -> 150 (+50)

Design Concept: I have no ideas.

Competitive: A set up sweeper or a recipient of a baton pass. Magic bounce to keep from being taunted, it still has good defenses, now has boosted offenses, and a sky-high speed. Any set you can imagine is probably viable with these stats, although some more than others.

Typing: Psychic -> Psychic/Steel
Abilities: Levitate -> Psychokinate (Psychic type pixilate. Please god find something to change the name to.)
Movepool Additions: Metal Burst, Flash Cannon, Bug Buzz (I know it has no flavor, but if you don't agree with it then just don't vote for it)

Hp: 65 -> 65
Def: 70 -> 100 (+30)
SpA: 95 -> 145 (+50)
Spe: 65 -> 55 (-10)

Design Concept: It becomes a lot heavier and can no long float on the wind. It has to hold itself up with psychic powers, but while flying it usually just rolls around. The banner becomes a detailed image of a gory battle scene, and it becomes coated with steel.

Competitive: It becomes an odd mix between sylveon and jirachi. With a boosting ability, multiple powerful moves, 145 spA, and some stally aspects, it can be used in a variety of different ways. Bulky attacker, Trick room attacker, Staller (If you are insane, that health is just too low), or support. Primarily bulky sweeper and support. It has heal bell, recover, and a few other moves to support, and a few good attacking moves.

Type: Normal -> Normal/Fairy
Abilities: Cute Charm/Technician (Skill Link) -> Precision (Look in spreadsheet)
Movepool Additions: Play Rough

Atk: 95 -> 145 (+50)
Def: 60 -> 50 (-10)
SpA: 65 -> 75 (+10)
SpD: 60 -> 80 (+20)

Design Concept: I have no clue, other than the fur loses the oil that protects it from attacks.

Competitive: Thank god this thing doesn't get quick attack. Unless this thing gets two double hits in a row with tail slap, it is a guaranteed KO to 4 Hp 252+ Def eviolite chansey. And it can outspeed most things. And it has knock off, play rough, bullet seed, and rock blast for types that are immune to or resist it.The only reason this isn't too OP is the weakness to priority. It literally begs for a mach punch. If the opponent doesn't have priority though, you have the upper hand. (Unless there is a focus sash shedinja on their team, which is one of the things that you can't 1 shot) The best set is probably something like Tail whip, Knock off, and then any two out of rock blast/bullet seed/knock off.

Last edited:
Castform (Castformite)
Abilities: Forecast -> Weather Report (Type changes to suit the weather -- rain=water, sun=fire, sand=rock, hail=ice. When the opponent changes the weather, gains +2 Special Attack)
New Moves: Earth Power, Calm Mind

Atk: 70 -> 70
Def: 70 -> 90 (+20)
SpD: 70 -> 70
Spe: 70 -> 110 (+40)

Castform really likes to be in control over the weather. It can act as a counter to the weather abusers all around this meta.
Celebi (Celebite)
Type: Psychic/Grass -> Psychic/Grass
Abilities: Natural Cure -> Gardener (automatically creates Grassy Terrain effect on switch-in or Mega Evolution)
New Moves: none

Atk: 100 -> 120 (+20)
SpA: 100 -> 120 (+20)
SpD: 100 -> 120 (+20)
Spe: 100 -> 120 (+20)

Grassy Terrain sees little use, but has great benefits for Celebi and make it better offensively and defensively. It provides what is equivalent to Leftovers recovery and a 50% boost to its Grass STAB. The stat boosts are straightforward, providing great 100/120/120 bulk and 120 Speed to provide excellent support with Heal Bell, Thunder Wave, or various ways to use Baton Pass.
Chimecho (Chimechonite)
Type: Psychic -> Psychic
Abilities: Levitate -> Field Warp
New Moves: Defog, Hurricane, Will-o-Wisp

HP: 65 -> 65
Def: 70 -> 70
SpA: 95 -> 125 (+30)
SpD: 80 -> 90 (+10)
Spe: 65 -> 125 (+60)
BST: 425 -> 525

Chimecho can set up screens and rain as well as use Heal Bell, Thunder Wave, Taunt, Will-o-Wisp, Defog and Healing Wish to offer many support options. It can also effectively abuse its own rain.
Cinccino (Cinccinoite)
Type: Normal -> Normal/Fighting
Abilities: Cute Charm, Technician (Skill Link) -> Skill Link
New Moves: Arm Thrust, Icicle Spear

Atk: 95 -> 125 (+40)
SpA: 65 -> 75 (+10)
BST: 470 -> 570

A generally improved Cinccino with a great speed tier and okay bulk

Last edited:
Mega Castform
Abilities: Forecast -> Strange Front (In addition to Forecast's effects, the weather automatically changes to one of Hail, Rain Dance, Sandstorm or Sunny Day based on whether the opponent is hit super effectively by Ice/Water/Fire/Rock. In the event of multiple or zero super effective hits, order of preference is Hail > Rain > Sun > Sand. Weather change activates once per turn at +5 priority)
New Moves: Nasty Plot

Def: 70 -> 80 (+10)
SpD: 70 -> 80 (+10)
Spe: 70 -> 110 (+40)

Castform, the Pokemon made to predict the weather, now has a pseudo ability to predict the opponent's switch-in. You can choose Weather Ball and something's going down regardless of whether your opponent stays in with Ferrothorn or switches to Heatran:

252 SpA Castform Weather Ball (100 BP Water) vs. 248 HP / 220+ SpD Heatran in Rain: 290-344 (75.3 - 89.3%)

The ability seems complex, but 1) Castform is terrible and 2) the weather change would use the same mechanics that are already in place for Anticipation (the last part of it is similar to Magic Bounce to ensure that two Mega Castforms don't get into an infinite loop of changing the weather).

The order of preference for weathers is to ensure that Mega Castform disrupts as many Swift Swim/Chlorophyll/Sand Rush users as possible while also hitting as hard as possible (since Rain and Sun Weather Balls hit 1.5 times harder). It doesn't have the stats to break down Chansey or set up and sweep through teams, but its ability makes it an excellent response to opposing weather abusers and gives it a highly spammable Weather Ball - and if one Pokemon should be abusing Weather Ball, it's Mega Castform.

Abilities: Cute Charm, Technician,Skill Link ( Hidden ) --> Scarf Shield ( damage from attacks is reduced by 1/3 )
Type: Normal --> Normal/Ghost
Stats:
HP: 75 --> 75
Attack: 95 --> 95
Defense: 60 --> 100 ( +40)
Special Attack: 65 --> 110 ( +45)
Special Defense: 60 --> 70
( +10)
Speed: 115 --> 120 (+5)

New moves: Scarf Drain ( pow 80 acc 100 drains 50% of the damage inflicted )

Cinccino makes a shift to a CM booster.
Scarf Coat gives it a sizable bulk.
Scarf Drain gives it a recovery.

Done cuz my old favourite and i dont really did it to win, however, if you like the idea... feel free to vote me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)