Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 SpA / 8 Spe
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Steelix is the mega of this team, and it's designed to do the most damage. I chose it because of the raw power and bulk it has, especially in a sandstorm.
It's Heavy Slam ohkos every single fairy type barring Klefki (who is weak to EQ) which would otherwise annoy my team. Slam also does reliable damage to Landorus-T. Earthquake has great synergy with Bronzong and in Trick Room, Steelix annihilates Tflame with Rock Slide. It can also take a couple Power-up Punches from Mega Khan and retaliate with an EQ.

Bronzoing (Bronzong) @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 SpA / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Sandstorm
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Bronzong is my second most reliable TR setter, and works perfectly with Steelix. The EVs are designed to outspend Steelix in TR, so it can set up a sandstorm before Steelix uses Earthquake. Offensively, Bronzong holds its own against faster pokes like Alakazam and Landorus (I and T), but that's about all it can hit hard. It's mostly there to set up Trick Room and Sandstorm, and be immune to Steelix's catastrophic Earthquakes.

Smells Like Victory (Aromatisse) (F) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Aromatherapy
- Trick Room
- Moonblast
- Protect

Aromatisse is my go-to TR setter. It's immune to taunt and can twist the dimensions in the face of anything. Aromatisse's second service is to rid my Steelix and Tyranitar of pesky Will-o-Wisps with Aromatherapy. It can also wake up anybody who's hit by Spore, which it itself is immune to. Moonblast is a great offense move to have, as it deals size able damage (for a defensive Pokemon) to opposing Dark and Dragon types.

Badonkaconk (Conkeldurr) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 104 Def / 152 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 SpA / 0 Spe
- Wide Guard
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Conkeldurr is my status absorber and tank. It's Wide Guard is invaluable to my team, as it saves me from Heat Waves and both opponents and my own Earthquakes. It beats Mega Khan 1 on 1 which is huge, as the marsupial on roids would otherwise shred my TR setters. Knock off also screws with walks and Mach Punch gives me much needed priority. Conk fits my team like a glove, and is right there with Steelix as my MVP.

T. Sexy (Tyranitar) (M) @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Rock Slide
- Protect
- Crunch
- Taunt

Tyranitar had a fluid role in my team. It helps screw with other weather teams by just switching in, and also sets up a storm for Steelix. Taunt is huge, as it stops Cresselia from being a major nuisance and keeps Amoongus from sporeing me to death. It's attack moves pack a sizable punch as well.

Tell Me I'm Pretty (Gothitelle) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 2 Spe
- Trick Room
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychic
- Protect

Gothitelle is my saving grace from those pesky intimidate users. I love leading with it since most teams lead with intimidate ️when they see I have Conkeldurr and Steelix. Her Psychics become overpowering after just one boost. HP Fire is my best weapon against Ferrothorn and Scizor (Conk hates Iron Babs, but Gothitelle only beats Scizor in TR). Speaking of TR, Gothitelle is my third and final setter, and I like to protect with Aromatisse while both opponents attack her and Gothitelle sets up TR for free.

This team can have some trouble against bulky waters (Suicune and Mega Slowbro come to mind), and if Gothitelle goes down it can have some trouble against intimidate users, Scizor, and Ferrothorn. Other than that I haven't found many flaws, and this team is particularly strong against opposing weather teams.
Oh, and any better nicknames are greatly appreciated :)

From what I can see your team just gets 6-0ed by rain teams, and I think it would just mildly annoy sun and those are the most common weather teams that you will find. You have no support to get trick room up, and your team really struggles against some of the top tier threats. For Steelix I would recommend using Fire Fang over rock slide(never thought that I would suggest using that ever) but it lets you 2HKO Ferrothorn which is a huge problem for your team. Bronzong shouldn't use sandstorm as one of it's moves in any tier. Having Tyranitar for sand is enough. I would give Brozong Skill Swap over sandstorm so it can annoy mega's that really rely on their abilities to be effective(Mawile, Kangaskhan, Gardevoir ect). For the item you can run Sitrus Berry, Mental Herb, Safety Goggles any of those could work. I would take out Aromatise and replace it with a belly drum Azumarill. This really helps you out against rain and Keldeo which are the two biggest threats to your team among other things. To help get trick room up easier, I would swap Conkeldurr with a Hariyama with fake out. Tyrantiar doesn't need taunt, you usually have taunt on a mon to stop trick room from going up but you're using a trick room team lol. I would put Ice Beam over taunt and use Life Orb over Smooth Rock to stop the ever so common Landorus-T. As for Gothitelle it is the biggest oddity of this team, you never see competitive goth, you just don't because it is completely outclassed by shadow tag goth. I would highly suggest putting safety goggles on it, because amoongus just cockblocks this entire team. So having a way to trap it and kill it is very important.

Steelix @ Steelixite
Brave Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Protect

Bronzong @ Sitrus Berry/Light Clay/Mental Herb
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Skill Swap/Light Screen/Reflect/Safeguard/Stealth Rock/Explosion
- Protect

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Protect

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Brave Nature
- Close Combat
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Heavy Slam

Tyranitar @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Brave Nature
- Crunch
- Rock Slide
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Gothitelle @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Helping Hand/Magic Coat/Mirror Coat/
- Protect

Offensive Calcs
4 SpA Life Orb Tyranitar Ice Beam vs. 44 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 390-463 (118.1 - 140.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Hariyama Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 244 HP / 0 Def Sylveon: 384-454 (97.9 - 115.8%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Hariyama Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 408-480 (115.9 - 136.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Defensive Calcs
252+ SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 128 SpD Assault Vest Hariyama: 350-414 (81.5 - 96.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 0 HP / 128 Def Hariyama: 360-424 (83.9 - 98.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

For nicknames you should change T-tar's nick to "Reptar".

If you want you could change Gothitelle's spread around so it can 2HKO amoongus, but it's w/e. If you have any questions about the team or doubles in general just ask :]

Edit: thinking about it, your team still fairs poorly against water types. You could put thunderbolt on gothitelle or even swap out Bronzong for a Trevenant so you have a better kangaskhan switchin and something to stop water types.

Last edited:
From what I can see your team just gets 6-0ed by rain teams, and I think it would just mildly annoy sun and those are the most common weather teams that you will find. You have no support to get trick room up, and your team really struggles against some of the top tier threats. For Steelix I would recommend using Fire Fang over rock slide(never thought that I would suggest using that ever) but it lets you 2HKO Ferrothorn which is a huge problem for your team. Bronzong shouldn't use sandstorm as one of it's moves in any tier. Having Tyranitar for sand is enough. I would give Brozong Skill Swap over sandstorm so it can annoy mega's that really rely on their abilities to be effective(Mawile, Kangaskhan, Gardevoir ect). For the item you can run Sitrus Berry, Mental Herb, Safety Goggles any of those could work. I would take out Aromatise and replace it with a belly drum Azumarill. This really helps you out against rain and Keldeo which are the two biggest threats to your team among other things. To help get trick room up easier, I would swap Conkeldurr with a Hariyama with fake out. Tyrantiar doesn't need taunt, you usually have taunt on a mon to stop trick room from going up but you're using a trick room team lol. I would put Ice Beam over taunt and use Life Orb over Smooth Rock to stop the ever so common Landorus-T. As for Gothitelle it is the biggest oddity of this team, you never see competitive goth, you just don't because it is completely outclassed by shadow tag goth. I would highly suggest putting safety goggles on it, because amoongus just cockblocks this entire team. So having a way to trap it and kill it is very important.

Steelix @ Steelixite
Brave Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Protect

Bronzong @ Sitrus Berry/Light Clay/Mental Herb
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Skill Swap/Light Screen/Reflect/Safeguard/Stealth Rock/Explosion
- Protect

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Protect

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Brave Nature
- Close Combat
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Heavy Slam

Tyranitar @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Brave Nature
- Crunch
- Rock Slide
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Gothitelle @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Helping Hand/Magic Coat/Mirror Coat/
- Protect

Offensive Calcs
4 SpA Life Orb Tyranitar Ice Beam vs. 44 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 390-463 (118.1 - 140.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Hariyama Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 244 HP / 0 Def Sylveon: 384-454 (97.9 - 115.8%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Hariyama Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 408-480 (115.9 - 136.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Defensive Calcs
252+ SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 128 SpD Assault Vest Hariyama: 350-414 (81.5 - 96.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 0 HP / 128 Def Hariyama: 360-424 (83.9 - 98.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

For nicknames you should change T-tar's nick to "Reptar".

If you want you could change Gothitelle's spread around so it can 2HKO amoongus, but it's w/e. If you have any questions about the team or doubles in general just ask :]

Edit: thinking about it, your team still fairs poorly against water types. You could put thunderbolt on gothitelle or even swap out Bronzong for a Trevenant so you have a better kangaskhan switchin and something to stop water types.
First off thanks so much for the review, it looks like you put some time into it. I like the idea of Hariyama over Conkeldurr, fake out will help me for sure. I don't think I need Heavy Slam as Sylveon has never really given me problems, I'm thinking of using Fire Punch to help against Ferrothorn. I'll have to play a couple games with Steelix using Fire Fang, I like being able to check Tflame and ohko Charizard Y in TR with Rock Slide. For the changes on Bronzong, I don't like skill swap b/c that gives the opponent an immunity to EQ, plus those Megas you mentioned don't really hurt me (Gardevoir and Mawile are easily KOd by Steelix and Kangaskhan is hurt by my fighting type, doesn't really bug me). I like the light screen + light clay option, since I'm losing wide guard by replacing Conk. Removing Aromatisse takes away my best TR setter, so I'll have to use Azumarill a couple times and see if the trade off is worth it. I started out using Ice Beam on TTar, but I changed it later because Gothitelle worked fine against Landorus-T. Speaking of Gothitelle, I'm really torn over going to Shadow Tag because otherwise I'd just be so weak to intimidate. If I give Hariyama Fire Punch, I like the idea of giving Gothitelle T-bolt. As long as I keep Gothitelle healthy Amoongus isn't really a problem. I'll have to try out this new team a bit, but thanks so much for the feedback!

Close Combat on Hariyama still does more to Ferrothorn than Fire Punch. So if you don't want to use Heavy Slam, Stone Edge, Bullet Punch, even Poison Jab could work. Yea that is true that you have good switch-ins to fairy types so i heavy slam isn't essential.You just need to test and see what works best. (I still highly suggest using shadow tag gothitelle and maybe fit in a grass type like trevenant or gourgeist onto your squad, and keeping ice beam on t-tar but it's up to you) Good luck!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)