XY OU Mega Sceptile's Crew - OU RMT

Hi All!

To start with I am just getting into the ORAS OU scene and wanted to introduce my new team which utilizes the coolest of the new ORAS Megas – Sceptile! Aside from Talonflame, who I am open to suggestions on, I wanted a team that doesn’t use standard OU pokemon and had a bit of an unpredictability factor. So far the team has done great and aside from some bad calls on my end it’s been doing very well.

I wasn't trying to make the top tier team full of the usual suspects, but a team of pokemon I liked that I thought had great potential - So here they are:

That said there can always be room for improvement and I am happy to consider other options and movesets in order to really pump my team up!

@ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Energy Ball
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

My team star! My original starter in Sapphire and by far the coolest Grass type to be released thus far. He makes a really great revenge killer and a fun scout with Detect(and with two pokemon using Toxic it can be annoying to whittle down certain threats). His Grass/Dragon typing and Lightningrod gives plenty of opportunity to switch into weaker attacks and gain some boosts on T-Wave users. The 4x Ice is unfortunate, but again Detect can help me scout for those one-off attacks too.

Giga Drain wasn't as useful as thought, but Sub has proven to be very useful on the second go around. Sceptile can force switches easily, but can't take any SE hit very well - setting up a sub is a great way of letting me get some critical 2HKO's or just generally survive with some much needed scouting.

@ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Bulldoze

I've used Entei on two teams in the past and now he's made his was onto my new ORAS team. Thanks to Sacred Fire he can easily cripple his counters when they make the switch and with his natural bulk Entei can come in multiple times. Extreme Speed for those much needed revenge kills on weaker threats.

Entei just made a better fit to this team and I've always been a fan of his design.... even if being a Bulky Pure Fire type was never the best. Either way, I love Entei on this team and as long as I avoid making overly risky plays(keeping him in on a Tyranitar hoping for that burn) then he'll always net me some great KO's in a match.

@ Assault Vest
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Ice Punch
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off

Machamp seemed to be a strong fit on this team. He’s decently bulky, a great AV user and strong Fighting STAB to pull from. Most importantly… No Guard Dynamic Punch! It’s a bit gimmicky in OU, but sooooooo much fun! Most of the time people just don’t expect anything out of a Machamp – either they think he can be OHKO’d easily with a special attack, not be able to deal much damage or just generally be easy to bypass. It’s a surprise when he confuses, priorities and Knock Offs items as well as smacks the opponent for significant damage. I know Cockledurr would probably people’s go-to for a bulky fighting type with AV, but Machamp is just too much fun to pass on.

I tried using SE and it didn't bring anything to the table. Knock Off was far more valuable against Slowbro/Latias plays on the switch.

@ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Roar

My special special wall. I was torn on my choice of a water type, but Empoleon’s resistance to Toxic and access to Defog really clinched it for me. I try to make sure Rocks go down and then Toxic and/or Roar against special attackers or other walls. She does a great job as passing Status, clearing the field and just being generally annoying. I’d be open to suggestions, but Empoleon’s been a fairly solid team member.

I needed a rock setter that could easily come in and set the rocks without being OHKO'd easily by standard attacks. Empoleon can do this many times in a match and can take quite a beating, Defogging and Rocking whenever needed/possible. It's been far more successful!

@ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 Spd
Impish Nature
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Fling
- Roost

Gliscor takes up the space of Rhyperior. Now that Empoleon is dropping rocks I needed a physically bulky pokemon that could switch in multiple times through the game. Gliscor's Roost+Poison Heal is outright annoying, and things to Fling and Toxic Orb he can poison any counter sent in against him and have two powerful STABs to work from.

EV Spread could use work, I just borrowed Smogon's standard here.

@ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Baton Pass

Sylveon’s my wall breaker. Specs Hyper Voice is just insanely powerful against anything that doesn’t resist it. The other two moves are coverage and I usually don’t bother with them much. Shadow Ball wound up being fairly useful and Psyshock is great for teams using Mega-V. Baton Pass is just to scout and bring in Sceptile or another pokemon if I predict a switch and know Sylveon can’t muscle through some threats.

I don’t use HP at all since this is also my full bred WiFi team and I… just suck at breeding for HP. I think it’s disadvantageous, but I’ve made things work fairly well so far.

Updated Threats(w/Entei):

Landorus-T ~ Biggest Threat to the team.

M-Venusaur ~ Not as big of a threat as long as I don't let my checks fall.

There are more, I am still learning the tier after all! Scizor seems like it could be problematic for instance.

Replay Battles:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-212204763

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-212204333

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-212279883

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-212294508

Possible Alternatives I’d be interested in testing:

Entei ~ Currently Testing ~ He's bulky for a Fire type, Sacred Fire can punish his checks and counters and he has far more staying power than Talonflame.

Feraligatr ~ Not an option till the 27th, but may be a better fit once Sheer Force is released over Sylveon. Plus it's another Win Condition.

Raikou ~ AV Raikou, as I found out, is annoying to nail down when playing someone who knows what they are doing. Volt Switch is great momentum on it along with just being naturally fast and powerful.

UPDATE:

~ Added Entei to the team
~ Using Sub on Sceptile

Former Pokemon:
~ Rhyperior
~ Talonflame

Last edited:
conk outclasses machamp in almost every way so i would change that also detect dosent do anything at all for sceptile and it would put another move on there, and sceptile is really weak and alot of times its going to need to leaf strom boost in power i would recomend this set
Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse
- Earthquake
the talon flame should be running 252 attack 68 hp and 188 speed with a jolly nature and tailwind is better than roost in genral

conk outclasses machamp in almost every way so i would change that also detect dosent do anything at all for sceptile and it would put another move on there, and sceptile is really weak and alot of times its going to need to leaf strom boost in power i would recomend this set
Sceptile @ Sceptilite
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse
- Earthquake
the talon flame should be running 252 attack 68 hp and 188 speed with a jolly nature and tailwind is better than roost in genral
No, no EQuake. Sceptile has a terrible physical attack and even with a high base power, it won't do much. Try this set instead:

Sceptile@Sceptinite
Modest nature
Giga Drain
Dragon Pulse
HP Fire/Focus Blast
Substitute

Use substitute in the turn you Mega Evolve. Once the Sub breaks, use whatever move that is appropriate. I personally recommend HP Fire, as Ferrothorn is quite a literal thorn in your side without it. It can also be useful against Mega Venasaur, even with it's Thick Fat.

Also, don't go with Flygon. Mega Sceptile already has a 4x weakness to ice, and so does Flygon. The last thing you need is some n00b with blizzard to destroy your team cores. You say machamp can be used to handle ferrothorn, but is a dynamicpunch you could easily use on something else like Heatran really worth the HP loss?

Also try replacing knock off on Machamp with Stone Edge. High base power, as well as crit rate to unexpectedly nail T Flame without forcing a switch to Ryperior.

If you are truly Hellbent on utilizing knock off, replace Roar on Empoleon with it. It manages to hit Ghost/Psychic types of some more coverage than Scald.

Try a Life Orb on T Flame. This frees you up to use other moves, and still switch out with U Turn without much prediction.

Other than this, seems pretty good all around

Last edited:
No, no EQuake. Sceptile has a terrible physical attack and even with a high base power, it won't do much. Try this set instead:

Sceptile@Sceptinite
Modest nature
Giga Drain
Dragon Pulse
HP Fire/Focus Blast
Substitute

Use substitute in the turn you Mega Evolve. Once the Sub breaks, use whatever move that is appropriate. I personally recommend HP Fire, as Ferrothorn is quite a literal thorn in your side without it. It can also be useful against Mega Venasaur, even with it's Thick Fat.

Also, don't go with Flygon. Mega Sceptile already has a 4x weakness to ice, and so does Flygon. The last thing you need is some n00b with blizzard to destroy your team cores. You say machamp can be used to handle ferrothorn, but is a dynamicpunch you could easily use on something else like Heatran really worth the HP loss?

Also try replacing knock off on Machamp with Stone Edge. High base power, as well as crit rate to unexpectedly nail T Flame without forcing a switch to Ryperior.

If you are truly Hellbent on utilizing knock off, replace Roar on Empoleon with it. It manages to hit Ghost/Psychic types of some more coverage than Scald.

Try a Life Orb on T Flame. This frees you up to use other moves, and still switch out with U Turn without much prediction.

Other than this, seems pretty good all around
umm sceptiles physical attack is not bad and running eq is a much beter option considering heatran walls that set and modest is sucha bad nature it needs to be timid for mega mane lopunny and such

Thanks Klefki and everyone! I'll try LO TFlame and give Stone Edge a shot on Champ. Will consider the other changes too!

umm sceptiles physical attack is not bad and running eq is a much beter option considering heatran walls that set and modest is sucha bad nature it needs to be timid for mega mane lopunny and such
Do you realize that is what Machamp and Ryperior are for? Dynamic punch and Earthquake, duh. And if you read my comment thoroughly, you would see that behind a substitute, Mega Sceptile gets its speed boost safely behind a substitute, and it will still outspeed Lopunny, unless it has a Jolly nature, but most will go for adamant. I also put Focus Blast as an option as well, but i said HP Fire is prefered

Last edited:
Do you realize that is what Machamp and Ryperior are for? Dynamic punch and Earthquake, duh. And if you read my comment thoroughly, you would see that behind a substitute, Mega Sceptile gets its speed boost safely behind a substitute, and it will still outspeed Lopunny, unless it has a Jolly nature, but most will go for adamant. I also put Focus Blast as an option as well, but i said HP Fire is prefered
every lopuny runs jolly man i now can see i shouuld disrgared your comments seeing as you dont know the meta

every lopuny runs jolly man i now can see i shouuld disrgared your comments seeing as you dont know the meta
That's great, but do you see the base speed on Mega Sceptile? It has a base speed of 145, while Mega Lopunny has a base speed of 135. If you wish to challenge my opinion on a subject, please do so where it is appropriate, as well as acquire some level of grade school grammar.

That's great, but do you see the base speed on Mega Sceptile? It has a base speed of 145, while Mega Lopunny has a base speed of 135. If you wish to challenge my opinion on a subject, please do so where it is appropriate, as well as acquire some level of grade school grammar.
sigh, when you run modest on sceptile you do not outspeed lopuny or mega manectrik running modest on sceptile shows you do not understand the current meta and your edits should be disregarded.

sigh, when you run modest on sceptile you do not outspeed lopuny or mega manectrik running modest on sceptile shows you do not understand the current meta and your edits should be disregarded.
Once again, please challenge my opinion elsewhere, as here is not the best place to do so. If you choose to argue where people are really just trying to put in a valid opinion, it just makes you look ignorant. Once again, if you believe my opinion is wrong, just PM me please.

Yeah, I don't think Modest Sceptile is a good idea, but SE Machamp has been much better. Running without Knock Off right now,.

Hi there, a quick rundown based off what I see so far. I'll try my best not to suggest common OU mons as this seems to be more a team for fun rather than full out mindless OU offense.

Sceptile: I don't see any reason to use Detect over Protect, as you get way more PP with Protect. Also I would definitely recommend Giga Drain over Energy Ball; Sceptile needs as much recovery as it can get. If you really want more power, use Leaf Storm. If you want to use Substitute over Protect like you mentioned, definitely run Giga Drain. I wouldn't really run Earthquake as it's a bit of a waste of a moveslot, and you already have Machamp and Rhyperior to deal with it.

Talonflame: Banded Roost is a bit meh in my opinion, there's really no reason for it unless you get Knocked Off. I would run Tailwind instead just for that surprise extra 5 turns of speed for the rest of your mons if you're in a position where you're forced to sack Talonflame.

Machamp: I agree Conkeldurr is definitely the better option here should you ever get bored of Machamp. I would also put Knock Off back on and remove Ice Punch if you really want to run Stone Edge. Knock Off stops you from basically being wrecked by Ghost types.

Rhyperior: I agree that Toxic can probably be switched out for Fire Punch. Ice Punch is a pretty greedy option, seeing as Rock Blast already hits both Salamence and Dnite super effectively anyway. Another option would be Hammer Arm. Alternatively you could move Stealth Rock to Empoleon for an extra moveslot.

A couple of other quick notes based on the stuff you said you'd like to try:

AV Raikou doesn't really fit well on this team, I would probably switch out Sylveon for Specs Raikou if you really want to. Unfortunately Raikou more or less has only one viable moveset, of which HP Ice is a must, and you've already mentioned that you can't really breed HPs very well...

Volcarona is a really fun and powerful mon that is unfortunately greatly hindered by its huge Stealth Rock weakness. If you want to run it I'd try replacing Sylveon with it.

Flygon is one of my favourites. It is rather underrated, and tends to work best as a Choice Band scout. I can't see any real way of fitting it onto your team at the moment though.

Dragalge is such a huge threat now with Adaptability, and also really fun. I agree that Sylveon is probably the best replacement.

Again, Sylveon is definitely the most expendable member of your team. LO SF Nidoking is very powerful should you want to give it a try; however I do feel that Volcarona and Dragalge are better choices as a replacement for Sylveon.

Otherwise, really cool team, it's pretty refreshing to stuff other than typical OU spam. I'll leave down below some sets for you to try out should you want to.

EDIT: Sorry about the long post xD.

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm/Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Protect/Substitute
- Focus Blast
Run Giga Drain if you decide to use Substitute.

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Tailwind

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 108 HP / 152 Atk / 104 Def / 144 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch/Poison Jab
Poison Jab is nice for hitting Fairies on the switch if you so desire.

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Toxic/Fire Punch/Hammer Arm
- Stealth Rock

Extra Sets

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Volt Switch
- Extrasensory/Shadow Ball

Volcarona @ Life Orb/Lum Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast/Fiery Dance
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz
Fiery Dance for chance to boost, Fire Blast for immediate extra power. Life Orb for more power but less survivability, Lum Berry to set up on stuff that tries to Thunder Wave you.

Flygon @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Dragalge @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power Fire/Dragon Pulse/Scald
- Focus Blast
Normally you'd run HP Fire no question, but Dragon Pulse and Scald are alternatives. Dragon Pulse if you don't want the immediate power loss from Draco, and Scald just to fish for burns.

Last edited:
Hiya, some interesting updates on your part. I'll try to keep it shorter this time :P

Sceptile: Fair enough with the Giga Drain/Sub. If you're using Sceptile as a revenge killer then you'll probably be switching out often, so I'd suggest Leaf Storm instead of Energy Ball. The -2 drops won't bother too much seeing as you switch often anyway, and that extra power is pretty significant in getting some crucial KOs.

Talonflame: If you feel like Life Orb is too draining on your Talonflame's health, consider running Sky Plate/Sharp Beak (they do the exact same thing). Also, it's probably better running Roost over U-Turn if you're using the Swords Dance set as it gives you a few more chances to set up. I noticed that Raikou is now a pretty big threat to your team, especially with the loss of Choice Band on Talonflame and the addition of another 4x Ice weak Pokemon in Gliscor. It might be better to run a Jolly nature with 88 HP / 252 Att / 168 Spe, which allows you to outspeed Timid Raikou unless it's Scarfed. You do lose a bit of damage, but you can still easily 2HKO Raikou with Flare Blitz if you hit it as it switches in. I'll leave the Talonflame set below.

Gliscor: Gliscor is a pretty interesting wall that can run quite a few sets reasonably well; you picked a pretty interesting one. I'm not sure how well this one will work for you, but let me know how your current one works out for you after some testing and I can make some suggestions based on what happens.

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

i dont see any reason y machamp is better then conk unless ur that guy who likes dymanic punch LOL
Simple answer is, I'm that guy that likes Dynamic Punch. It's actually a fairly fun pokemon to make use of and most people do NOT respect Machamp when it hits the field. Makes it very easy to surprise OHKO somebody who isn't expecting it - And DP + AV let me 1v1 some of the best counters out there. Machamp has helped me win a few matches, quite a bit more than I even thought possible.

Really feeling like Entei is my new Fire guy and on Feb 27th I'll be replacing Sylveon with a new Sweeper/Wallbreaker for another win condition on the team.

jzplr

formerly SuperLuigi9624
Hi All!

To start with I am just getting into the ORAS OU scene and wanted to introduce my new team which utilizes the coolest of the new ORAS Megas – Sceptile! Aside from Talonflame, who I am open to suggestions on, I wanted a team that doesn’t use standard OU pokemon and had a bit of an unpredictability factor. So far the team has done great and aside from some bad calls on my end it’s been doing very well.

I wasn't trying to make the top tier team full of the usual suspects, but a team of pokemon I liked that I thought had great potential - So here they are:

That said there can always be room for improvement and I am happy to consider other options and movesets in order to really pump my team up!

@ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Energy Ball
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Detect

My team star! My original starter in Sapphire and by far the coolest Grass type to be released thus far. He makes a really great revenge killer and a fun scout with Detect(and with two pokemon using Toxic it can be annoying to whittle down certain threats). His Grass/Dragon typing and Lightningrod gives plenty of opportunity to switch into weaker attacks and gain some boosts on T-Wave users. The 4x Ice is unfortunate, but again Detect can help me scout for those one-off attacks too.

Giga Drain wasn't as useful as thought and neither was Sub. Detect allows me to scout Scarf users who carry SE moves that can OHKO a Sceptile on a roll as well as allowing for an easy Mega-Evo.
@ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Swords Dance

Not much to explain here. Talonflame just makes a great partner with Sceptile and I don't think I need to explain much beyond CBFlame being a potent threat. I was trying to use another Fire Type for this role, someone with either more versatility or that wasn't so well known(i.e. not everyone being ready to counter it). In the end just helps me bust through certain stallers and U-Turn is fun.

LO makes Talonflame far more versatile and adaptable to a situation and Swords Dance is not fun to see when you switch. Slowbro, as bulky as it is, doesn't want a +2 LO U-Turn.

@ Assault Vest
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Ice Punch
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off

Machamp seemed to be a strong fit on this team. He’s decently bulky, a great AV user and strong Fighting STAB to pull from. Most importantly… No Guard Dynamic Punch! It’s a bit gimmicky in OU, but sooooooo much fun! Most of the time people just don’t expect anything out of a Machamp – either they think he can be OHKO’d easily with a special attack, not be able to deal much damage or just generally be easy to bypass. It’s a surprise when he confuses, priorities and Knock Offs items as well as smacks the opponent for significant damage. I know Cockledurr would probably people’s go-to for a bulky fighting type with AV, but Machamp is just too much fun to pass on.

I tried using SE and it didn't bring anything to the table. Knock Off was far more valuable against Slowbro/Latias plays on the switch.

@ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Roar

My special special wall. I was torn on my choice of a water type, but Empoleon’s resistance to Toxic and access to Defog really clinched it for me. I try to make sure Rocks go down and then Toxic and/or Roar against special attackers or other walls. She does a great job as passing Status, clearing the field and just being generally annoying. I’d be open to suggestions, but Empoleon’s been a fairly solid team member.

I needed a rock setter that could easily come in and set the rocks without being OHKO'd easily by standard attacks. Empoleon can do this many times in a match and can take quite a beating, Defogging and Rocking whenever needed/possible. It's been far more successful!

@ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 Spd
Impish Nature
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Fling
- Roost

Gliscor takes up the space of Rhyperior. Now that Empoleon is dropping rocks I needed a physically bulky pokemon that could switch in multiple times through the game. Gliscor's Roost+Poison Heal is outright annoying, and things to Fling and Toxic Orb he can poison any counter sent in against him and have two powerful STABs to work from.

EV Spread could use work, I just borrowed Smogon's standard here.

@ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Baton Pass

Sylveon’s my wall breaker. Specs Hyper Voice is just insanely powerful against anything that doesn’t resist it. The other two moves are coverage and I usually don’t bother with them much. Shadow Ball wound up being fairly useful and Psyshock is great for teams using Mega-V. Baton Pass is just to scout and bring in Sceptile or another pokemon if I predict a switch and know Sylveon can’t muscle through some threats.

I don’t use HP at all since this is also my full bred WiFi team and I… just suck at breeding for HP. I think it’s disadvantageous, but I’ve made things work fairly well so far.

Updated Threats(w/Entei):

Landorus-T ~ Biggest Threat to the team.

M-Venusaur ~ Not as big of a threat as long as I don't let my checks fall.

There are more, I am still learning the tier after all! Scizor seems like it could be problematic for instance.

Replay Battles:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-212204763

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-212204333

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-212279883

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-212294508

Possible Alternatives I’d be interested in testing:

Entei ~ Currently Testing ~ He's bulky for a Fire type, Sacred Fire can punish his checks and counters and he has far more staying power than Talonflame.

Feraligatr ~ Not an option till the 27th, but may be a better fit once Sheer Force is released over Sylveon. Plus it's another Win Condition.

Raikou ~ AV Raikou, as I found out, is annoying to nail down when playing someone who knows what they are doing. Volt Switch is great momentum on it along with just being naturally fast and powerful.

UPDATE:

~ Testing Entei
~ Trying Sub/Energy Ball on Sceptile

Former Pokemon:
~ Rhyperior
-->

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid/Naive Nature
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Earthquake / Focus Blast / Hidden Power Fire
- Substitute

My main gripe is that you use Substitute instead of Detect. Detect is cool and all for saving your speed, but that's just about all it's useful for. Plus, Sceptile has a great speed even before mega evolving, and Talonflame can handle the threats that Sceptile is weak to due to being outsped, such as Mega Lopunny. Someone down in the thread dissed Earthquake, but it isn't such a bad idea considering Sceptile has trouble with Specially Defensive Heatran, or just Heatran in general.

4 Atk Mega Sceptile Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 300-356 (77.9 - 92.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
4 Atk Mega Sceptile Earthquake vs. 12 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 300-356 (92 - 109.2%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

Focus Blast can be used over Earthquake, and using a Timid nature, but that leaves you kinda stuck even against Heatran.

252 SpA Mega Sceptile Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 192+ SpD Heatran: 206-244 (53.5 - 63.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

However, Focus Blast is hella unreliable. There's actually data saying Focus Blast's accuracy is a mistake. It's actually 2%. Nah, I'm just messing with ya. If you don't like either of those, use Hidden Power Fire so you aren't completely stuck against Ferrothorn.

-->

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost
Nothin' different. Just use the Sharp Beak for more longevity, Swords Dance Talonflame is powerful enough and Life Orb doesn't get the OHKO on much else that the Sharp Beak can.
-->

Too lazy to type this, so I'm gonna pull from another thread.
Now with Machamp, there really isn't anything wrong with it for what it is suppose to do. It has high attack, good Fighting STAB, decent enough bulk, and good abilities. What makes it not worth to use? Conkeldurr.
Conkeldurr is everything Machamp wants to be, besides lower special defense. Higher attack stat, better HP and psychical bulk, and Drain Punch, giving it recovery(albeit, not that reliable). The only reason to use Machamp over Conkeldurr is No Guard Dynamic Punch, which isn't really worth using since you have to rely on hax in order to have a niche.
Doesn't really matter which kind of Conkeldurr you use. Assault Vest. Why not?

-->

It's fine.
-->

He's fine too. I like the idea of running speed on Gliscor to avoid bumping into things like Diggersby and getting outsped.
-->

I've never used Sylveon, but I think I'll take your word for it that Choice Specs Sylveon is good. I'll get back to you on my thoughts if I ever one day use Sylveon, but I probably won't so uh... good luck. :)

-->

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid/Naive Nature
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Earthquake / Focus Blast / Hidden Power Fire
- Substitute

My main gripe is that you use Substitute instead of Detect. Detect is cool and all for saving your speed, but that's just about all it's useful for. Plus, Sceptile has a great speed even before mega evolving, and Talonflame can handle the threats that Sceptile is weak to due to being outsped, such as Mega Lopunny. Someone down in the thread dissed Earthquake, but it isn't such a bad idea considering Sceptile has trouble with Specially Defensive Heatran, or just Heatran in general.

4 Atk Mega Sceptile Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 300-356 (77.9 - 92.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
4 Atk Mega Sceptile Earthquake vs. 12 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 300-356 (92 - 109.2%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

Focus Blast can be used over Earthquake, and using a Timid nature, but that leaves you kinda stuck even against Heatran.

252 SpA Mega Sceptile Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 192+ SpD Heatran: 206-244 (53.5 - 63.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

However, Focus Blast is hella unreliable. There's actually data saying Focus Blast's accuracy is a mistake. It's actually 2%. Nah, I'm just messing with ya. If you don't like either of those, use Hidden Power Fire so you aren't completely stuck against Ferrothorn.

-->

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost
Nothin' different. Just use the Sharp Beak for more longevity, Swords Dance Talonflame is powerful enough and Life Orb doesn't get the OHKO on much else that the Sharp Beak can.
-->

Too lazy to type this, so I'm gonna pull from another thread.

Doesn't really matter which kind of Conkeldurr you use. Assault Vest. Why not?

-->

It's fine.
-->

He's fine too. I like the idea of running speed on Gliscor to avoid bumping into things like Diggersby and getting outsped.
-->

I've never used Sylveon, but I think I'll take your word for it that Choice Specs Sylveon is good. I'll get back to you on my thoughts if I ever one day use Sylveon, but I probably won't so uh... good luck. :)
I'd just like to mention that more or less everything you mentioned here has already been talked about in the thread and has either been incorporated or rebuffed by the OP. I also wasn't dissing Earthquake, it's more the fact that he already has 3 checks/counters in Machamp, Gliscor, and Empoleon. Earthquake is rather unnecessary unless you're really really worried about Heatran, which he isn't.

Update:

Replacing Talon with Entei. His natural bulk lets me bring him in multiple times and Sacred Fire Burns are just too much fun! Seems to have much better synergy with the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)