Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Superpower/Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Filler
Sawk STAB moves will alot of damage with base 155 attack and adaptability
Tough Claws over Adaptability imo. It's like a .5% worse multiplier on CC/Superpower (1.995x with Tough Claws as opposed to 2x with Adaptability) while being a 1.33x boost to Knock Off and Poison Jab.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Hey look we have Mega Salamence again

95/165/100/120/100/120
Salamence @ Mega Stone
Ability: Intimidate --> Aerilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature / Lonely Nature
- Return
- Earthquake / Substitute
- Fire Blast / Hydro Pump
- Dragon Dance

except it might even be better. Same speed and special attack, more physical power and better special bulk in exchange for some physical bulk (btw it still has good physical) is a pretty good trade in my books. You probably don't even need Dragon Dance - just come in and wreck things with your good mixed attacking.

Of course, our friend Salamence has competition with Dragonite, which has Aerilate ESPeed

Dragonite @ Mega Stone
Ability: Multiscale --> Aerilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature / Hasty Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast / Ice Beam
- Dragon Dance / Ice Beam / Return

welp espeed makes it so you can't check it with priority because muh ESPeed.

Yea I think that maybe we should somewhat limit the abilities that we can give our mons. Make sure to avoid Fur Coat Blissey though! Maybe Sawk will get some use as a non-mega because of Mold Breaker.

Tough Claws over Adaptability imo. It's like a .5% worse multiplier on CC/Superpower (1.995x with Tough Claws as opposed to 2x with Adaptability) while being a 1.33x boost to Knock Off and Poison Jab.
why is no one listening to you you post tough claws on every psysical mon (wich the only slightly worse that adaptabillity but works on all) guienes

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
BEFORE THIS IS A THING BAN STURDNINJA!!!
We aren't allowed to ban anything before the code is out.
why is no one listening to you you post tough claws on every psysical mon (wich the only slightly worse that adaptabillity but works on all) guienes
people aren't replyng they're liking his posts to show their liking. They don't need to reply saying 'OKG I LIEKC PLS GIMEM'.

leng loi

Twinkaton!
is a Tiering Contributor
Snaq, I'd like to propose a change in the way the stat spreads work. I don't have the necessary time or tools to calculate this however, and before you decide on whether or not to use it you should probably evaluate the boosts.
My idea was to average the Atk, Def, SpAtk, SpD, and Spe boosts for each mega evolution currently in the game (48 I believe, correct me if I can't count). Of course this might lead to a change in the orientation of many teams in the metagame, but since almost as many megas are defensively oriented as there are offensive ones. Compared to the current stat spread which makes many mons offensive monsters and barely helps stall, I believe that it could be a positive change for the metagame to encourage a wider variety of players to play. Also, the shiny would work the same way I presume.

(Don't consider this at all if the stats are fucked)

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
why dont we just modify the boosts to be 0/30/30/10/10/20 and vice versa. it would solve alot of peoples complaints without doing anything too dramatic.

Hm. Not the way I would go about it, but interesting nonetheless. A few tweaks that I would like to suggest... feel free to offer feedback on any/all of them:
  1. Make the differential tied to Nature instead of Shininess.
    • This allows for defensive artificial Megas to sacrifice a stat it won't use to boost a defense for better tanking ability.
  2. Allow Muscle Band and Wise Glasses (or two other items that already do nothing, IDK) to create artificial Megas that have a secondary +10 in physical/special attack, at the cost of 10 from the opposite defense. (Not that it really matters, but the 10% boost would not apply if Muscle Band or Wise Glasses were used.)
    • This allows further Mega customization, giving you spread options like 100/130/110/110/120/130 on Mega Mew/Celebi/Jirachi/Manaphy, without allowing you to give any stat a +40 or a +0.
  3. Take a page from Type Control and make an artificial Mega overwrite the base Pokémon's secondary typing with the type described in the Pokémon's nickname, if applicable.
    • This would allow Megas to create entirely new typings while not creating mystery regarding what type the Mega actually is.
  4. Add into the rules that Megas can only be created from base formes of Pokémon that do not evolve into anything, and that artificial Megas cannot have the same typing AND ability as a natural Mega of the Pokémon in question.
    • I think Refrigerate Kyurem-B speaks volumes about why the first rule needs to be made; the second rule is made to encourage creativity with your artificial Mega rather than create a more efficient version of one that already exists.
  5. Add into the rules that the ability of an artificial Mega with over 105 attack OR over a total of 180 between both offensive stats OR a base stat total greater than 410 prior to going Mega cannot have Huge Power or Pure Power. (Or just bar both abilities from being used to create artificial Megas, whatever works.)
    • Medicham and Mawile have already shown ridiculous enough natural Megas, TYVM. I'd rather not ban them entirely, but it might be a better idea than complex BS.
Examples of things made possible with these new changes:
Noivern said:

Default Stats: 85/70/80/97/80/123
Nature: Timid/Modest
Item: Wise Glasses
Ability: Aerilate (this ability might be banned but bear with me for the sake of example)
Nickname: N/A (no typing change necessary)
Final Mega Stats:
  • Timid: 85/70+10/80+10/97+30/80+20/123+30 = 85/80/90/127/100/153
  • Modest: 85/70+10/80+10/97+40/80+20/123+20 = 85/80/90/137/100/143
Moveset:
  • Boomburst
  • Dragon Pulse / Draco Meteor
  • Heat Wave / Flamethrower / filler
  • Roost / Moonlight / filler
Goddamn, always with Aerilate Boomburst in these OM's, and this time it has an impressive BST boost to boot! Ah well, at least it takes up your Mega Slot in this OM. Nothing really new, just a proof of concept.
Blissey said:

Default Stats: 255/10/10/75/135/55
Nature: Bold
Item: N/A
Ability: Regenerator
Nickname: Fairy (typing changed from Normal/Normal, or pure Normal, to Normal/Fairy)
Final Mega Stats:

• 255/10+10/10+30/75+20/135+20/55+20 = 255/20/40/95/155/75

Moveset:

• Heal Bell
  • Wish / Softboiled
  • Toxic
  • Fire Blast / filler
And here Blissey finally gets exactly what it needed to make it stand apart from its younger sister: better typing and what is most definitely one of the best defensive abilities in the game, if not the best outright. As for the set itself, this is standard Blissey stuff, but it now enjoys resisting Knock Off and U-turn, as well as being completely immune to Outrages and Draco Meteors and taking Close Combats and other Fighting-moves neutrally.
That's about all I have to say. This concept is very interesting, and I'd love to know what you all think of my take on it.

EDIT: I can't math at 2:30 am. Fixed Mega Noivern's stats.

EDIT 2: Restricted Huge/Pure Power a bit more. Double attack for free should only be reserved for those with lacking stats, if available at all.

EDIT 3: Realized after I shut my computer off that I hadn't mentioned Fairy's immunity to Dragon.

Last edited:
Got a few suggestions for a /possible/ Mega-Forme.

Kecleon @ Mega Stone
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide / Ice Punch
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch / Recover
- Sucker Punch

Original stat spread: 60 HP / 90 Atk / 70 Def / 60 SpA / 120 SpD / 40 Spe
New stat spread: 60 HP / 120 Atk / 90 Def / 70 SpA / 140 SpD / 60 Spe

Solid Mega Pokemon. Very bulky and an extraordinary ability that gives a STAB boost to every move used. High Attack stat, and average Speed. Ice Punch or Rock Slide can be used in the first slot for good coverage; Ice Punch, however, is an option for hitting Dragonite and Garchomp, as well as Gliscor and Landorus-Therian. Rock Slide hits Mega Charizard well along with Talonflame. Knock Off is a general safe move that has the utility of removing the item of the opposing Pokemon. Drain Punch has great coverage and grants a small bit of recovery for Kecleon, though Recover is an option for more reliable recovery. Sucker Punch is a priority attacks and helps to pick off weakened Pokemon. It can play around Pokemon with its ability.

Archeops @ Mega Stone
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly / Naive Nature
- Head Smash
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Earthquake / Heat Wave / Roost

Original stat spread: 75 HP / 140 Atk / 65 Def / 112 SpA / 65 SpD / 110 Spe
New stat spread: 75 HP / 170 Atk / 85 Def / 122 SpA / 85 SpD / 130 Spe

This Pokemon is fucking broken. It loses out on its Defeatist ability which made it so bad and instead, gets Rock Head, which prevents recoil from Head Smash. U-turn lets Archeops keep up the momentum for a team and switch out of its /few/ checks. Knock Off is a general safe move to use, cripples Eviolite users such as Porygon2. The fourth slot can be filled in with Earthquake to hit Steel-types such as Heatran and Magnezone which resist the first two moves, though Heat Wave is a serious option which can 2HKO Ferrothorn and Mega Scizor, which otherwise could just switch in and wall Archeops. Lastly, Roost is an option to provide reliable recovery for Archeops, though it has to watch out with that as it has many weaknesses. If this thing was a mega WITHOUT Defeatist, it should be banned.

Note; Both are non-shiny.

Last edited:

Kecleon @ Mega Stone
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide / Ice Punch
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch / Recover
- Sucker Punch

Solid Mega Pokemon. Very bulky and an extraordinary ability that gives a STAB boost to every move used. High Attack stat, and average Speed. Ice Punch or Rock Slide can be used in the first slot for good coverage; Ice Punch, however, is an option for hitting Dragonite and Garchomp, as well as Gliscor and Landorus-Therian. Rock Slide hits Mega Charizard well along with Talonflame. Knock Off is a general safe move that has the utility of removing the item of the opposing Pokemon. Drain Punch has great coverage and grants a small bit of recovery for Kecleon, though Recover is an option for more reliable recovery. Sucker Punch is a priority attacks and helps to pick off weakened Pokemon. It can play around Pokemon with its ability.

Archeops @ Mega Stone
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly / Naive Nature
- Head Smash
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Earthquake / Heat Wave / Roost

Original stat spread: 75 HP / 140 Atk / 65 Def / 112 SpA / 65 SpD / 110 Spe
New stat spread: 75 HP / 170 Atk / 85 Def / 122 SpA / 75 SpD / 130 Spe

This Pokemon is fucking broken. It loses out on its Defeatist ability which made it so bad and instead, gets Rock Head, which prevents recoil from Head Smash. U-turn lets Archeops keep up the momentum for a team and switch out of its /few/ checks. Knock Off is a general safe move to use, cripples Eviolite users such as Porygon2. The fourth slot can be filled in with Earthquake to hit Steel-types such as Heatran and Magnezone which resist the first two moves, though Heat Wave is a serious option which can 2HKO Ferrothorn, which otherwise could just switch in and wall Archeops. Lastly, Roost is an option to provide reliable recovery for Archeops, though it has to watch out with that as it has many weaknesses. If this thing was a mega WITHOUT Defeatist, it should be banned.

Note; Both are non-shiny.
Pretty sure Magic Guard isn't banned or anything like that, so use that instead of Rock Head. Also, 75/85 physical bulk still leaves you dead to Bullet Punch from Adamant Mega Scizor. It is super powerful, especially with Speed like that, but can still be worn down or OHKO'd. Mega Slowbro also walls it.

P.S. You got Mega Archeops's stats wrong. It should have 10 more base Sp. Def. And you should put your extra 4 EVs into Def instead of HP; that 1 point of Def actually lowers the chance of Mega Scizor's Bullet Punch being a OHKO, while 1 extra HP does not.

Pretty sure Magic Guard isn't banned or anything like that, so use that instead of Rock Head. Also, 75/85 physical bulk still leaves you dead to Bullet Punch from Adamant Mega Scizor. It is super powerful, especially with Speed like that, but can still be worn down or OHKO'd. Mega Slowbro also walls it.

P.S. You got Mega Archeops's stats wrong. It should have 10 more base Sp. Def. And you should put your extra 4 EVs into Def instead of HP; that 1 point of Def actually lowers the chance of Mega Scizor's Bullet Punch being a OHKO, while 1 extra HP does not.
Then Magic Guard, w/e. You can switch out of Megabro with U-turn and just go into a teammate. Only bullet punch m-scizor stops it / checks it as it hates heat wave.

e; edited

Then Magic Guard, w/e. You can switch out of Megabro with U-turn and just go into a teammate. Only bullet punch m-scizor stops it / checks it as it hates heat wave.

e; edited
Only that, huh? Well let me introduce:

Meloetta @ Mega Stone
Ability: Scrappy / Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Relic Song
- Close Combat / Drain Punch
- Return
- Quick Attack / Ice Punch / Drain Punch / Knock Off / U-turn

Original stat spread:
100/128/90/77/77/128

Mega Evolved stat spread:
100/158/110/87/97/148

Assuming a Pokémon with multiple formes it can change between mid-battle is forme-locked after Mega Evolving (which only makes sense), Meloetta here can be a true terror with 148 base Speed and enough Attack to wreck sweepers. Running Scrappy makes Normal/Fighting STABs into perfect neutral coverage, allowing it to use dual Normal or Fighting STABs. Tough Claws, on the other hand, makes everything it does hit that much harder, allowing it to OHKO fragile sweepers (like Mega Archeops up there) with neutral Close Combats. On top of its high Attack and crazy Speed, Meloetta isn't lacking in bulk with 100/110/97 defences. Additionally, Adamant Mega Meloetta-P outspeeds Jolly Mega Archeops by exactly 1 point.

As for the last slot, Quick Attack is only used if you're running Scrappy, and is a general-use priority move for finishing off weakened foes. Ice Punch hits things like Gliscor and Landorus. Drain Punch is only used if you have Scrappy, and provides somewhat weak recovery. Knock Off is for hitting Ghosts if you run Tough Claws. U-turn doesn't really provide relevant coverage, but lets you switch out of things you don't want to stay in on while also dealing damage.

The disadvantage to this Mega, of course, is that you have to use Relic Song and then Mega Evolve next turn, so there's a certain amount of planning required to get Mega Meloetta-P up and running.

Edit: Now with calcs!

252+ Atk Meloetta-P Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Archeops: 285-336 (97.9 - 115.4%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

That guy's pretty likely to be dead. Alternatively you can do this:

252+ Atk Meloetta-P Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Archeops: 178-210 (61.1 - 72.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

While Mega Archeops only does this in return:

252 Atk Archeops Head Smash vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Meloetta-P: 138-162 (40.4 - 47.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Nope!

And that's just with Scrappy. Speaking of Scrappy…

252+ Atk Meloetta-P Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 321-378 (123.9 - 145.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

That's a very dead Gengar.

And she doesn't just nuke opposing sweepers:

252+ Atk Meloetta-P Drain Punch vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 414-488 (64.4 - 76%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Chansey is like your own personal heal bot, thanks to Drain Punch recovery! I should mention that Close Combat is a OHKO, not that you'd want to put your good bulk to waste by clicking CC on a wall. (Although, it might be worth it to not get Toxiced.)

252+ Atk Meloetta-P Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 210-248 (59.6 - 70.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

May as well click Drain Punch on Ferro too, even if Iron Barbs is a thing. Close Combat is also pretty solid against it.

252+ Atk Meloetta-P Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 336-396 (95.4 - 112.5%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

Full physdef Skarm walls Scrappy Mega Meloetta for years, though, being 3HKO'd by Close Combat (the hardest hit she can possibly smack it with).

252+ Atk Meloetta-P Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 142-168 (42.5 - 50.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Oh and by the way, the merit to Ice Punch:

-1 252+ Atk Meloetta-P Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 24 Def Landorus-T: 296-352 (92.7 - 110.3%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

Not like Scarf Lando is gonna stay in, but if it tries to, well, say goodbye to that! Especially if it uses Superpower on Meloetta.

252 Atk Landorus-T Superpower vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Meloetta-P: 260-308 (76.2 - 90.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
/notSuperEffectiveenough

And then Meloetta gets a very, very guaranteed OHKO on his -1 Defence.

If running Tough Claws, Jolly might be a better idea instead to let you outspeed Adamant Mega Aerodactyl (or equivalent, since the generic Mega Stone here gives the exact same boost as Aerodactylite). With Tough Claws, U-turn is probably your best option in that fourth slot, since there are still things you don't want to stay in on that can ruin Meloetta's day. Actually, there are a few Ghost-types you don't want to stay in on even with Scrappy as I recall, I just can't seem to remember what they were. But yes, if you run Tough Claws it leaves you with no way past some things even with Knock Off, so U-turn could very easily be the best option there thanks to Meloetta being forme-locked (and thus not having to worry about being stuck in Aria Forme next time it switches in).

Last edited:
Only that, huh? Well let me introduce:

Meloetta @ Mega Stone
Ability: Scrappy / Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Relic Song
- Close Combat / Drain Punch
- Return
- Quick Attack / Ice Punch / Drain Punch / Knock Off / U-turn

Original stat spread:
100/128/90/77/77/128

Mega Evolved stat spread:
100/158/110/87/97/148

Assuming a Pokémon with multiple formes it can change between mid-battle is forme-locked after Mega Evolving (which only makes sense), Meloetta here can be a true terror with 148 base Speed and enough Attack to wreck sweepers. Running Scrappy makes Normal/Fighting STABS into perfect neutral coverage, allowing it to use dual Normal or Fighting STABs. Tough Claws, on the other hand, makes everything it does hit that much harder, allowing it to OHKO fragile sweepers (like Mega Archeops up there) with neutral Close Combats. On top of its high Attack and crazy Speed, Meloetta isn't lacking in bulk with 100/110/97 defences. Additionally, Adamant Meloetta outspeeds Jolly Mega Archeops by exactly 1 point.

As for the last slot, Quick Attack is only used if you're running Scrappy, and is a general-use priority move for finishing off weakened foes. Ice Punch hits things like Gliscor and Landorus. Drain Punch is only used if you have Scrappy, and provides somewhat weak recovery. Knock Off is for hitting Ghosts if you run Tough Claws. U-turn doesn't really provide relevant coverage, but lets you switch out of things you don't want to stay in on while also dealing damage.

The disadvantage to this Mega, of course, is that you have to use Relic Song and then Mega Evolve next turn, so there's a certain amount of planning required to get Mega Meloetta-P up and running.
Thing is that you have one weak turn to 'Go into a good forme' while the opponent can hit you with a SE coverage move.It's hard to predict though.

Kecleon @ Mega Stone
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide / Ice Punch
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch / Recover
- Sucker Punch

I believe you are overestimating it's stats. Although it does have an excellent ability, and above average attack, your assessment of it being very bulky isn't really true. It does have good special bulk, but it's low HP limits it's defensive options, especially in a metagame with extremely hard hitting attackers such as Dragonite and Noivern. This would be fine if it had good speed, but even though you state it's average, it is in fact quite low at only 60. It's move options are okay, but it doesn't really get the diverse coverage that protean would enjoy, and since it's priority is limited to the unreliable sucker punch, I can't see it getting much use over other options.

I believe you are overestimating it's stats. Although it does have an excellent ability, and above average attack, your assessment of it being very bulky isn't really true. It does have good special bulk, but it's low HP limits it's defensive options, especially in a metagame with extremely hard hitting attackers such as Dragonite and Noivern. This would be fine if it had good speed, but even though you state it's average, it is in fact quite low at only 60. It's move options are okay, but it doesn't really get the diverse coverage that protean would enjoy, and since it's priority is limited to the unreliable sucker punch, I can't see it getting much use over other options.
Well, Kecleon does also learn Shadow Sneak, as I recall. Sucker Punch is far stronger than Shadow Sneak, however, which is probably why he chose it.

Mega Kecleon there seems to me to have enough stats to be quite tanky if it actually invests in defences rather than offence, as we've clearly seen with Mega Sableye being viewed as "insanely bulky" while Mega Diancie is often considered "horribly fragile". However, investing in defences leaves its offensive capabilities extremely lacking, with uninvested 120 base Attack (base 100 fully invested is equivalent to base 147 uninvested, and people still put Choice Bands or Life Orbs on even that) and no boosting move.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have two Meloetta Mega's so you can Evolve and Change for in one turn? Also it doesnt make much sense to have just a forme of a mon to have a Mega while not its normal. =/ I just ran by this thread but my 2 cents

Wouldn't it make more sense to have two Meloetta Mega's so you can Evolve and Change for in one turn? Also it doesnt make much sense to have just a forme of a mon to have a Mega while not its normal. =/ I just ran by this thread but my 2 cents
Not entirely sure you're getting the point, but basically I'd started with the assumption that a Pokémon cannot be made to change forme after it Mega Evolves. That is, not even switching Meloetta out would cause it to revert to Aria Forme once it has Mega Evolved into a Pirouette Forme-based Mega.

So Snaquaza, how exactly do mid-battle Forme changes interact with Megas in this OM?

Hm. Not the way I would go about it, but interesting nonetheless. A few tweaks that I would like to suggest... feel free to offer feedback on any/all of them:
  1. Make the differential tied to Nature instead of Shininess.
    • This allows for defensive artificial Megas to sacrifice a stat it won't use to boost a defense for better tanking ability.
  2. Allow Muscle Band and Wise Glasses (or two other items that already do nothing, IDK) to create artificial Megas that have a secondary +10 in physical/special attack, at the cost of 10 from the opposite defense. (Not that it really matters, but the 10% boost would not apply if Muscle Band or Wise Glasses were used.)
    • This allows further Mega customization, giving you spread options like 100/130/110/110/120/130 on Mega Mew/Celebi/Jirachi/Manaphy, without allowing you to give any stat a +40 or a +0.
  3. Take a page from Type Control and make an artificial Mega overwrite the base Pokémon's secondary typing with the type described in the Pokémon's nickname, if applicable.
    • This would allow Megas to create entirely new typings while not creating mystery regarding what type the Mega actually is.
  4. Add into the rules that Megas can only be created from base formes of Pokémon that do not evolve into anything, and that artificial Megas cannot have the same typing AND ability as a natural Mega of the Pokémon in question.
    • I think Refrigerate Kyurem-B speaks volumes about why the first rule needs to be made; the second rule is made to encourage creativity with your artificial Mega rather than create a more efficient version of one that already exists.
  5. Add into the rules that the ability of an artificial Mega with over 105 attack OR over a total of 180 between both offensive stats OR a base stat total greater than 410 prior to going Mega cannot have Huge Power or Pure Power. (Or just bar both abilities from being used to create artificial Megas, whatever works.)
    • Medicham and Mawile have already shown ridiculous enough natural Megas, TYVM. I'd rather not ban them entirely, but it might be a better idea than complex BS.
Examples of things made possible with these new changes:

That's about all I have to say. This concept is very interesting, and I'd love to know what you all think of my take on it.

EDIT: I can't math at 2:30 am. Fixed Mega Noivern's stats.

EDIT 2: Restricted Huge/Pure Power a bit more. Double attack for free should only be reserved for those with lacking stats, if available at all.

EDIT 3: Realized after I shut my computer off that I hadn't mentioned Fairy's immunity to Dragon.
I don't agree with number 1 and 2, and I think he should only allow to change the second type, not the first. None of the megaevos change the first type of the Pokemon, they only change the second type or add a new type. For what concerns number 4 I think it would be interesting to create Mega-forms of NFEs, but I guess you're right. I totally agree with number 5, but I don't know if it can become real.

Last edited:
What about Mega-Greninja?
Old Stats: 72/95/67/103/71/122
Mega Stats: 72/125/87/113/91/142
Set:
Greninja-Mega @ Mega Stone
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Adamant/Jolly/Hasty Nature
- Waterfall/Hydro Pump
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Punch/Night Slash
- Power-Up Punch/Low Kick
Mega Stats: 72/105/87/133/91/142
Set:
Same as it is now, but shiny.
I think that there are better Protean users, but I can't think of others at the moment.
If changing second type will be allowed, I can think of Mega-Haxorus. Look:
Mega Stats: 76/177/110/70/90/117

Set:
Haxorus-Mega @ Mega Stone
Type: Dragon-Steel
Ability: No Guard/Compund Eyes
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance/Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Iron Tail
- Earthquake/filler

Or Mega Dragonite
Mega Stats: 91/144/115/130/120/100

Dragonite-Mega @ Mega Stone
Type: Dragon-Water
Ability: Drizzle
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA/4 SpD/252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Thunder
- Hurricane
(And maybe Agility somewhere?)
And I absolutely want to use Mega Ledian with Huge/Pure Power.
Mega Stats: 55/65/70/65/130/105

Ledian-Mega @ Mega Stone
Type: Bug-Fighting
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Power-Up Punch
- Ice/Thunder Punch
Mega Leavanny:
Mega Stats: 75/133/100/80/100/112

Leavanny-Mega @ Mega Stone
Type: Bug-Steel
Ability: Flash Fire
Jolly/Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- X Scissor/U-turn
- Steel Wing
- Knock-off/Heal Bell/Synthesis

Mega Roserade

Mega Stats: 60/80/85/155/125/110
Mega Type: Grass - Fire
Roserade-Mega @ Mega Stone
Ability: Drought
Shiny:Yes
EVs: 252 SpA/4 SpD/252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Weather Ball
- Solar Beam
- Extrasensory/Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Rock]

A physical Mega Sceptile can be a very nice Protean user!
Mega Stats: 70/115/85/115/105/140

Sceptile-Mega @ Mega Stone
Type: Grass-Water
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SpD/252 Spe
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Leaf Blade
- Dragon Claw
- Rock Slide/Thunder Punch/filler

Or non-Protean

Sceptile-Mega @ Mega Stone
Type: Grass-Dragon/Steel
Ability: Tough Claws/Adaptability
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Dragon Claw/Iron Tail
- Earthquake/Drain Punch

I love Technician as ability, so I would like to use it in this meta, and imho one of the best Technician users would be Kingdra
Mega Stats: 75/105/115/125/115/105

Kingdra-Mega @ Mega Stone
Ability: Technician
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dragon Breath
- Icy Wind
- Water Pulse
- Hidden Power [Steel]

These are some alternative but creative Megaevolutions, don't make only strong Pokemon stronger ;)

EDIT: Sorry, Mega, i didn't mean to tag you.

Last edited:
I don't agree with number 1 and 2, and I think he should only allow to change the second type, not the first. None of the megaevos change the first type of the Pokemon, they only change the second type or add a new type. For what concerns number 4 I think it would be interesting to create Mega-forms of NFEs, but I guess you're right. I totally agree with number 5, but I don't know if it can become real.
...Did you even read the examples? I literally said secondary typing in the post you quoted; I only cited Type Control for the method by which you change that second type. I guess what threw you off is the fact that I used a "single-type" Pokémon in one of my examples, who actually are entered in Gen V games with the same secondary and primary typing. (e.g., Basculin and Magikarp are actually "Water/Water" according to B2W2.) I would actually tweak my previous idea a tad so it could also follow the format "[Type] RestofNickName"; the type would be hidden until you decided to Mega Evolve, at which point the nickname is fully displayed with the primary typing and a "/" prefixing the new secondary typing (unless Showdown is capable of displaying type changes for newly-coded Pokémon, in which case displaying the type in the nickname is no longer needed).
  • For example, a Gyarados named "[Dragon] Finally" holding a faux Mega Stone would be initially displayed as "Finally" prior to Mega Evolving. Once it Mega Evolves, the name would change to "[Water/Dragon] Finally" and remain that way for the rest of the battle, so remembering his typing is easy.
And as for the first and second ones, what about them don't you agree with? As you can see with the Mega Blissey example I created in my post, it allows for a greater degree of customization in regards to Mega Evolutions for both offensive and defensive purposes. The divergent Mega Evolution idea is changed from being decided by shininess (which should remain cosmetic IMHO) to what "Mega Stone" is being held; a tad bit closer to what we see in the games with Charizard and Mewtwo's dual Megas. Other than how the team is built around it, you don't get any idea as to which stone either is holding until they use it, now do you? However, I feel like the best items for this would probably be those that are normally useless, like two of the Poké Balls coded into Showdown. The Mega Evolution text could refer to them as "Fake Mega Stone (Physical)" and "Fake Mega Stone (Special)" when used to Mega Evolve.

Thank you for the feedback regardless; I'd appreciate more!

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey guys, kinda useless post but you guys have been waiting for a while. Have been busy last days and test week coming up, but will type up a response tomorrow, sorry!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)