ORAS OU Mega bro action

Slowbro is looking like one of the best megas shown so far so I decided to make a team that would make it stand out on offense. Defense got bumped up to 180 with a solid 95 hp stat on the side which makes it the fattest fighting resist in the meta. It also got it special attack bumped up to a nice base 130 (nice latios pwr) and it gets a fantastic movepool. The team bumped me up on to the ORAS ladder heres a link to the screenshot- http://prntscr.com/500kkj . No one really knows the best movesets on these mons yet or the perfect combinations yet but this is what i whipped up and it works efficiently on the ladder.
da team at glance-

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpAtk
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Grass Knot
as suggested from widetomato i started to run max defense slowbro since cm boost consistantly. I took off psyshock for grass knot since it gets the job done and has something to hit gyara since sub gyara could run through if it gets a dd and leaving u to sack thundurus. mega slowbros bulk makes it able to 1v1 alot of mons now. For example bisharps +2 adamant life orb knockoff cant ohko. Slowbro can 1v1 megados considering that it gets crunch. grass+water is great coverage. ita one of my favorite megas and i could see it having a chance of being banned.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Firepunch
- Outrage
- ExtremeSpeed

The second set up sweeper to the team. The Weakness policy set was really popular in x and y but everyone knew the trick around it. Lum berry is nites main setup item leaving it to get a free dd on chansey/rotom. I have fire punch instead of eq as it can hit scizor and ferrothorn. Heatran walls this set but 4 out of 6 of my mons can easily kill that thing. Espeed can also revenge weakened mons having it nice priority.

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

I needed a scarf mon on the team but scarf keld is trash on this team imo. Drill is here just to kill fast threats you could run adamant to kill ninja but jolly is needed to hit other fast roaming threats. Really good spinner also weakens fairies easily. Drill is will take care of heatrans and fairies most of the time. Scarf spin is pretty bad leaving ghost to get a free sub. I suggest run balloon to deal with mamo.

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
Honestly this mon takes on steel types like its nothing. Keldeo is here just incase bisharp gets feisty its also a nice scald spam to wear down offensive threats. Keldeo is here to back up slowbro as it is a great mon to switch into any darktype move. It can also be a good pivot into dnite to set up on mons.

Thundurus (M) Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
Taunt thundurus is to prevent rocks leaving nite to come in freely. Thundurus is really pressured on this team seeing that it has 3 jobs to do. Killing elec weaks, taunting, and t waving with that i have to run lefties instead of life orb. Nice prankster twave paralyze those fast threats like loppuny and shit. This mon is an essential to the team. It forces waters to switch into their tanks like tran,ferro and you get a free taunt off giving you a free switch into anyone.

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Oblivious
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
Mamo will put up rocks while pressuring scarf landos to directly switch out giving you a free switch into set up sweeper. I suggest to try keep mamo at full health as possible (just4gey@ssMENCE) other than that if theres not to much things mamo can deal you could just spam earthquakes.

Threat List-

the best grass types in the game will run through this team. Mamo kills scep, and +2 outrage kills ven but besides that i dont have to much ways to kill these mons.

this can run through if your not careful with drill and mamo.

aint to much of a threat since theres keld but you still have to watch out for it in some cases.

this thing will force thundurus to twave and will clean up the team if your not carefull.

Go ahead and RMT and give me some suggestions sorry if i made any grammar errors im lazy and english isnt my 1st language :]]

Replays- They were good games but were all forfeits. Showcasing the slack off set
1) http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/orasou-178521322
2) http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/orasou-178523092

If your not satisfied I uploaded a vid using the same team. Hope you enjoy!
Importable- im new so idk how to make this thing

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Grass Knot

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Superpower
- Outrage
- ExtremeSpeed

Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Last edited:

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I think Jolly on ScarfDrill is more important than ever in ORAS. In particular, Adamant ScarfDrill is slower than +Speed base 145s, so you can no longer reliably revenge Sceptile or Beedrill. Also, you miss the chance to outspeed bulky Mence after a DD, who outspeeds Adamant Drill by a point without spending a single EV.

Last edited:

Cynara

Banned deucer.
Hey this is an amazing team, but i have a small change I feel that would be better. You should really write more about each pokemons roles, than saying it's 'simply amazing' at least 3 sentences on each mon I believe

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Thick fat is really counterproductive on Sash mamo and Oblivious prevents it from being taunted and what not and set up rocks successfully

will edit if i find anymore changes to make

Hey this is an amazing team, but i have a small change I feel that would be better. You should really write more about each pokemons roles, than saying it's 'simply amazing' at least 3 sentences on each mon I believe

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Thick fat is really counterproductive on Sash mamo and Oblivious prevents it from being taunted and what not and set up rocks successfully

will edit if i find anymore changes to make
thanks for the compliment. Sorry I was kind of in a rush to do something but i will edit this after school or so. I had thick fat on him just to take more hits but obvlious will work to since the most common fast taunter is gengar and thundurus. i had the choice of weavile for darkstab over this but i really needed rocks thx.

I think Jolly on ScarfDrill is more important than ever in ORAS. In particular, Adamant ScarfDrill is slower than +Speed base 145s, so you can no longer reliably revenge Sceptile or Beedrill. Also, you miss the chance to outspeed bulky Mence after a DD, who outspeeds Adamant Drill by a point without spending a single EV.
i used to run jolly on drill but i changed it to adamant just to have greater chance of ohko greninja cuz that thing just tears through my team. thx for the suggestion.

Hey bud, cool team ^^
- I think slowbro benefits from a more physically deffensive spread, as calm mind already boosts spdeff, this lets you setup on and beat a lot of physically deffensive mons. I also suggest running resttalk over psyshock and slack off as it lets you avoid pesky status. Refresh is another alternative, however it is up to personal preference.

- Excadrill should run jolly in order to outspeed positive natured base 145, as they seem threatening to your team.

- Run 0 hp evs on thundu, this will let you take one less point from rocks and life orb, letting you survive 4 sr switch ins or 10 LO recoild.

I think thats it, your team seems really solid in general ^^

thanks bro and thanks for the slowbro set 2 i havent really tested out the ORAS meta yet so i dont know whats good and bad. I feel like rest talk on slowbro is good but imo it sometimes just based on luck if you get the right move I had grass knot to hit suicune before but i wanted a stab move to get rid keldeo and possibly toxicroak if i ever run into Ill try it out and see how it works. Oh and mega mence has to go. I was also thinking of running fireblast over psyshock on slowbro and superpower on dragonite over fire punch to hit air baloon tran and chanseys cuz it does stall out my team a bit at +1 spower has a 43% chance to ohko lmk what u think.

Last edited:
thanks bro and thanks for the slowbro set 2 i havent really tested out the ORAS meta yet so i dont know whats good and bad. I feel like rest talk on slowbro is good but imo it sometimes just based on luck if you get the right move I had grass knot to hit suicune before but i wanted a stab move to get rid keldeo and possibly toxicroak if i ever run into Ill try it out and see how it works. Oh and mega mence has to go. I was also thinking of running fireblast over psyshock on slowbro and superpower on dragonite over fire punch to hit air baloon tran and chanseys cuz it does stall out my team a bit at +1 spower has a 43% chance to ohko lmk what u think.
I agree with WideTomato in regards to the M-Slowbro set. M-Slowbro can pull of this set like no other Pokémon. M-Slowbro acts like CroCune in UU does but with higher defensive and offensive stats. RestTalk keeps M-Slowbro alive for a very long time and allows it to boost its SpAtk and SpDef to unmatched levels. The move set that should be used is: Scald, Calm Mind, Rest, and Sleep Talk. Slack Off doesn't heal nearly enough and Grass Knot is pretty situational - you're not going to be using it as your go-to move. Nice team, however.

I agree with WideTomato in regards to the M-Slowbro set. M-Slowbro can pull of this set like no other Pokémon. M-Slowbro acts like CroCune in UU does but with higher defensive and offensive stats. RestTalk keeps M-Slowbro alive for a very long time and allows it to boost its SpAtk and SpDef to unmatched levels. The move set that should be used is: Scald, Calm Mind, Rest, and Sleep Talk. Slack Off doesn't heal nearly enough and Grass Knot is pretty situational - you're not going to be using it as your go-to move. Nice team, however.
thank you as for crobro it works really well on the team. Imo restalk is the best set on it for now but grass has come in handy for me many times. I can 1v1 crobros and hit mega gyara. Ill try out restalk and see how it works out. I still have alot of things i can change.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)