SM OU Magearna OU team

Hey everyone, I’m just a noob here, I only joined on Friday because my brother asked me to. Anyway, please help me, because I am a noob.
My brother helped me with this team so it may be better than noob teams (but I don’t know)
Anyway, I just made a Magearna team cuz Magearna’s pretty cool and I just wanted to try it out. It may be wierd.

The star of my team
9FE0957E-4D91-4311-92BE-53CF7DE12411.jpeg

Princess AI (Magearna) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 200 HP / 56 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

I love magearna, it’s really awesome. But for smogon I don’t really know much about it so I’ll just say that it’s cool. I picked up this set from a smogon article to pair with my next Pokemon, which is Landorus-Therian. Landorus-Therian is good for countering Magearna’s weakness (Heatran mostly) I heard.

The other Pokemon
042CD7AF-7F73-48A4-A15B-62E57551D835.jpeg

Land Guardian (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

My Lando-T is used to counter Heatran which is deadly to Magearna. I got this set from that smogon article I mentioned earlier. It was saying that using this Lando-T with my Magearna would work well, and since I’m a noob I just followed. Lando-T is supposed to be quite good in OU right? I hope...

83856E44-A0BC-4001-A98F-E093ED56DACF.jpeg

Ninja ash (Greninja-Ash) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Water Shuriken
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Spikes

I just picked this one up after looking at a bunch of rate my teams for Magearna. They all seemed to have a lot of geninjas in them so I picked this one. (Actually they were more ash-grens). I love my ash-gren the most cuz this is the only Pokémon that I did by myself. My brother didn’t help me with this one. I picked up the best combo from an rmt, mixed and matched a bit (very grueling and tiring).

Bundle of vines (Tangrowth) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake

Tangrowth was another one I picked up from a Rate my team. This one was mainly by myself but I messed up with the EVs and had to ask my brother in the end. So my tangrowth’s EVs was from my brother. Tangrowth helps counter a few of my team’s weaknesses. At first I didn’t really want to use it but after doing some research I found it’s actually quite good in OU. (I don’t know stuff like that because I’m a noob, yea?)

Fire dragon (Charizard-Mega-Y) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Focus Blast
- Solar Beam
- Roost

My Mega Charizard Y was suggested by my brother as a wall breaker. Charizard mega is quite good right? It’s supposed to be I heard. I used flamethrower instead of fireblast because even though fireblast has higher power than flamethrower, it’s less accurate. And if I have to choose between power and accuracy, I’d go with accuracy. In my own opinion.

Big green dinosaur (Tyranitar) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 48 SpD / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Earthquake

My Tyranitar is meant to be a pursuit support to kill psychic types and the occasional ditto. I was also thinking of Tapu Bulu but decided to use tyranitar instead. Should I have gone with that? Please help...

Anyway, this is my magearna team, I hope you like it, if not, please help me improve it and remember I’m a noob so pleeease help me.

Replay

Downloadhttp://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-924907565

That’s me, swablualtaria. Thanks for reading

Attachments

Last edited:

737373elj

Banned deucer.
Hey everyone, I’m just a noob here, I only joined on Friday because my brother asked me to. Anyway, please help me, because I am a noob.
My brother helped me with this team (and you may know him, he is 737373elj) so it may be better than noob teams (but I don’t know)
Anyway, I just made a Magearna team cuz Magearna’s pretty cool and I just wanted to try it out. It may be wierd.
I only asked you if you wanted to help me test out my Gen 6 Ubers teams

Please take my advice with a grain of salt since I'm still learning USUM OU myself, but as my experience with ORAS OU teached me, Charizard Y needs a defogger to function. So here are some of my nitpicks.

- Like I said, Charizard Y needs hazard removal to function properly. An easy fix would be slapping it on lando-T in favor of HP ice. A possibly better option however is replacing tangrowth. You already have a solid AV user in magearna which makes me believe that tangrowth is quite redundant. Instead you could run tapu fini:

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 12 SpA / 40 SpD / 192 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Moonblast
- Scald
- Taunt

Fini provides you with a decent answer to hawlucha, which would otherwise be quite annoying. A good backup against the latis and other dragons and the hazard remover that you need.

- Outside of ash-ninja you also lack some speed control. As an oras player I'd suggest running scarf ttar but according to the dex, that's not quite as good anymore. A different approach would be choice band weavile, which is a decent pursuit trapper and an excellent revenge killer. But what seems the most interesting option to me is serperior:

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power Fire
- Substitute
- Glare

Serperior completes the offensive FWG core, provides a late game sweeper and paralysis support with a great speed tier to boot. Furthermore it can make use of the hazard stacking tendency of the team.

-As final nitpick I want to mention that you don't have a Z-move user on the team yet and that therefore flynium Z alongside fly over HP ice on landorus-T might be a nice option to nuke something.

It seems like a nice team otherwise. Good luck with it and I hope I was able to help out a bit ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)