Team Preview

RMT Index:
  1. Introduction
  2. Teambuilding Process
  3. Sets
  4. Threats
  5. Replays
Introduction
Hey, here's Hicron and this is my first RMT in Smogon. I decided to bring to this first RMT a very successful that I have used in some tours of PokeSpain. It's a team based around one of my favourite megas atm which is M-Latias. I wanted to use it, specially its BoltBeam CM set which now I think it's incredibly good.

Teambuilding Process

As I said before, I started building the team with this mega because I like it and I think it's so good atm. I decided to run the Stored Power CM set which I saw was pretty nice.

I knew what two pokemon would be with M-Latias. The first was Heatran, because it breaks through steel types like Celesteela, Magearna or Scizor which are annoying to Latias. Also it is a """good""" switch in for Lele and Clefable. The second one was Toxapex since it can set up toxic spikes. This helps a lot M-Latias sweep because it can toxic Tangrowth, Lele... Also Toxapex is a great wall and checks a lot of pokemon that threaten Heatran and MLatias, for example, Greninja Ash and Protean Ninja.

I don't remember why I chose Mew now tbh lol. But I think it was to check physical threats as MMedi, Lando... Also it is a great defogger which helps a lot against choice scarf lel but it is weak to gren ash.

The next was Zygarde because I needed a ground type that coukd beat koko on the 1v1 and Zyg was the perfect choice i guess. Also, I didn't have a good wallbreaker so Band Zygardr entered really well on the team and it gives the team a priority move.

The last one was Keldeo because the team was very weak to Gren ash and it didn't have speed control. Keldeo gave me those things and also it is a check of TTar which was a pain on the ass.

Sets

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Finally, I decided tu run CM BoltBeam set because I have tested Stored Power and BoltBeam and I prefer the second since it can beat Celeestela or Greninja on the switch. Well, MLatias will be the main wincon on the team and also it is the setup sweeper of the team. We have to kill its checks on the other team or weak them enough and MLatias will setup on the late or mid game and will destroy the opposing team. Latias at +2 on Special Defense checks Tapu Lele which would be nice on different mu. Also it can freeze or paralysed owo (Hax is the way xD).

MLatias has other things to help the team. It is my main check of Pinsir, Tapu Bulu or Tapu Koko Z Wild Charge. It is extremely fast. Pinsir doesn't kill Latias with Return + Quick attack.

252 Atk Aerilate Pinsir-Mega Return vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Latias-Mega: 193-228 (53.1 - 62.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Aerilate Pinsir-Mega Quick Attack vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Latias-Mega: 76-91 (20.9 - 25%) -- 0% chance to 4HKO

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Substitute
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power

I chose Heatran's SubToxic set at first. Then, after finishing the team I saw that the team didn't have a rocker since Mew was Defog, so I decided that Heatran should run Stealth Rock on his set over Toxic. I really like Sub, but it can be changed with Toxic and run SR and Toxic on Heatran. Toxic + Rocks is a good option because you can Toxic pokemon as TTar, Chomp, Latios or Mantine and Heatran with Magma + Toxic makes a lot of damage to Mantine but, this is an option that I haven't tested tbh.

Heatran should appear on the midgame to break pokemon like Clefable, Toxapex, Ferrothorn and Scizor and make Latias sweep on the mid/late game more comfortable.

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 68 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze
- Recover

Toxapex standard set, nothing else xd. Well, the most important thing is to set up Tspikes to make more easily Zygarde's labour and Latias setup. Also, Toxapex is really important to Haze setup sweepers as CM Clefa which, without Toxa, is difficult to play around. Toxapex is the main defensive pokemon on the team so it's important to keep it alive.

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 156 Def / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Soft-Boiled

Mew's common set, Mew is the second most defensive pokemon on the team and it is a very important one because it helps a lot with Knock Off taking away Greninjash specs, gengar's specs or heatran lefties. I chose to run Knock Off because it helps more than Ice beam since I don't need Ice Beam at all and with Knock off we can make some important threats become nothing like LO KB. Also, Mew is the defogger on the team which is a very impirtant role because 5 of the 6 pokemon of the team are weak to spikes.

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Toxic

Zygarde's common band set. I chose it over DD Dragonium because I was looking for a wallbreaker not for a setup sweeper. It plays an important role because it makes Lando, Mew, Scizor or Tangrowth out which with a double switch are easily to check with my team, Latias can setup on Tang and Lando and Heatran subs on Scizor and Mew. It also helps Latias with Toxic, intoxicating Bulu and Tangrowth, and it is for Keldeo too.

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Stone Edge

Keldeo's main role is to keep speed control. It helps with gren ash and Heatran. It didn't have to run stone edge, because volcarona is totally checked with zyg and toxa. It can run toxic or focus blast over stone edge. Toxic is the same as zygarde, intoxicate tangrowth and focus blast can break through some pokemons suchs as Alomomola maybe, I did not calced the damage.

Threats

Charizard X --> It is a huge problem to the team because it kills everything. The way to kill it would be Hydro Pumping it with keld and then Extreme speed, but it ia really diffivult to play around this mon.

M-Venusaur [EQ] --> this mon is really annoying with leech seed and with eq it kills tran so it would be too fat for this team.

Stall --> I don't run almost nothing against stall tbh. It can be defeated but you have to play extremely good.

Tyranitar & M-Tyranitar --> both of them destroy my teamif keldeo has died. MTar dragon dance and with crunch, ice punch and eq it breaks all. I don't really have a good answer for band tar so it is difficult to switch into it.

Latios [Specs] --> it is really difficult to switch into, specially surf specs latios but latios specs sees no use.

Tapu Koko --> It is really annoying when it starts pivoting all time on my pokemons and with kyub is really difficult to beat it.

Importable
Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Substitute
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power

Toxapex @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze
- Recover

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 156 Def / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Soft-Boiled

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Toxic

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald

Replays
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-317596
I bring only one because the replays were eliminated :c

Sorry if I have made any mistake and my short explanations, it's my first RMT uwu

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)