Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar

Well, LOTRO has become my new addiction. Before anyone says it's a WoW clone, a few facts need to be known:

• LOTR lore was around long before the entire Blizzard team was born
  • Yes, LOTR takes some aspects of WoW's and Vanguard's UI and makes them its own. IMO this is just payback for all the material fantasy-based intellectual properties have shamelessly ganked from the Lord of the Rings universe over the years.
  • LOTRO is primarily for casual gamers, roleplayers, and fans of the LOTR IP. For this reason, people who grind to 50 early aren't rewarded at all, as they end up in the extreme minority of people who've rushed through the quests without appreciating the humor and ambiance, and have no real engame to participate in as most of that will come in future content patches that are as yet unreleased.

With that out of the way, I'm having a ton of fun. My first character that I took past level 10 was a hobbit named Epeen which I later had to rename due to people reporting the name as being obscene or out of character. I thought that was balls, but I renamed him Mang which works for me on many levels too, as other players as well as NPCs all sound like they're hispanic american youth now. "Sup Mang?" "Thanks, Mang!"

All my characters are on the Vilya server at this time, and I've started a Kinship (guild) called "Tooks of Hazard" if anyone ever decides they want to play. Also, I have two buddy keys for a free 10 day trial of the game, and my other kin also have buddy keys that are unused so if people here show interest, I'll PM them buddy keys left and right to get you involved in what's becoming a quickly evolving and helpful community.

Selfish Fuckclowns need not apply.

I'm upset because I was one of the first people to get the beta, so I could have gotten the name Mikhail, but I didn't know about the last name thing at level 20, so I named my first character Bakunin instead of Mikhail.

I'll admit it, this looks like a pretty awesome game, but I'm personally gonna keep away. I'm too prone to get too sucked into these sorts of things, I mean, I visit a Pokémon forum and breed for 3 hours a day for god's sake, and I'm not even among the good. That and I'd have to buy like all the 300 expansions that come out.

I'm upset because I was one of the first people to get the beta, so I could have gotten the name Mikhail, but I didn't know about the last name thing at level 20, so I named my first character Bakunin instead of Mikhail.
Level 15 isn't too late to reroll, even at that you could have probably tried the /rename command or asked a GM to transpose your first and last names for you.

natalie

property of alex
please may i have a buddy key please? wow is incrrrrrredibly monotonous and i basically just stand around spamming piccolo in black mageweave and a pirate hat

Okay, I'll have the PMs sent out shortly ^^;

Edit: Sent. If you guys decide to upgrade your buddy keys to retail product keys, you can give your own buddy keys out and grow our community on Vilya and our guild with some friendly smart people.

WoW is not monotomous.

well 20 hours of healing the same warrior a trillion times during raids kind is.

BUT I HAVE GEAR.

I give up on MMO's

Ive heard good things about it and bad things about it. Can you let me know how the pvp is, if any, because thats like the main thing that drives games for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)